Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

No, the Michigan-Covid thing is directly related to why people in Columbus would have ulcers, because tOSU needs to play a certain amount of games to get into the Big 10 Championship game, which winning a conference championship helps to get you into the playoffs. If Michigan can’t play because of Covid, that would leave tOSU a game short of qualifying.

That's correct. That was what he was saying but UM misinterpreted it for a split second as referring to the coaching search causing anxiety in CBus. That's how I took it. 

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

That's where I'm at. I can't imagine waiting another week and losing a recruiting cycle. I'm still mostly positive, but after midweek it's probably on to phase 2.

If Herman is running practice tomorrow with no announcement, that can't be good

IT

he waiting game is a byproduct of not having leverage. Texas has no leverage, and so we wait.

Urban Meyer is in sole control of the situation, and, by proxy, your delicate emotions.

I guess we can speculate:

— if Urban says he wants the job, it will be his. Not so much speculation as common sense.

— the last remaining holdup we’ve heard is whether or not he can get his support staff to join the ride. I’m willing to entertain that as an excuse for why he doesn’t want to take the job but it would take some convincing.

— if Urban remains undecided he’ll be given time and Herman will coach the Kansas game. That would leave him very little operating room between being hired and NSD1. Recruiting is never a secondary concern for him so either he’s truly undecided on whether or not he can get “his guys” or he’s leaning no.

— there has been considerable noise stemming from CDC’s “useful” media stenographers that I’ve taken as misninformation. James Franklin? That has to be him doing his friend and Penn State coach a solid. Talk of bringing Herman back if they miss on Urban seems like buying time for Plan B’s but we’ve also heard they don’t like their Plan B options. If Del Conte truly believes that, he should be met with spirited opposition. It’s an excuse and a bad one at that. For someone who prides himself on making good hires he should relish the opportunity to conduct the rare “real search” at Texas with all its resources and newly refined sales pitch.

— we have heard Steve Sarkisian’s name. He is a better option than Herman and I know there are better options than Sark. If five years with Saban hasn’t led to a relapse he can probably deal with the pressures of @oneryhorn636970 (notice how I made him an old). Sark is just an example of how “there are no Plan B’s” is BS.

— I’ve heard they’re not all that high on Cristobal, though I wasn’t given any reasons. That’s either more nonsense or hopefully misdirection. Who knows at this point.

— recency bias drives me mad. It’s just as shortsighted to say it’s hard to fire a coach after a convincing win (over a bad team) as it is to not want a head coach who has a recent disappointing loss. If you’re not discussing a body of work you’re doing it wrong. Herman’s body of work, even before the other issues are accounted for, isn’t getting it done. A win over K-State changes nothing. It actually underlined his shortcomings.

— for now we’re waiting for unimpeachable word on what’s going on. We’ve received confirmation for what we posted on Friday but nothing new today.

— I’m confident the pursuit of Meyer has been handled quite well, but I’m unsure on the other scenarios

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

No, the Michigan-Covid thing is directly related to why people in Columbus would have ulcers, because tOSU needs to play a certain amount of games to get into the Big 10 Championship game, which winning a conference championship helps to get you into the playoffs. If Michigan can’t play because of Covid, that would leave tOSU a game short of qualifying.

You’re right.  Didn’t make that connection.

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

IT

he waiting game is a byproduct of not having leverage. Texas has no leverage, and so we wait.

Urban Meyer is in sole control of the situation, and, by proxy, your delicate emotions.

— if Urban says he wants the job, it will be his. Not so much speculation as common sense.

— the last remaining holdup we’ve heard is whether or not he can get his support staff to join the ride. I’m willing to entertain that as an excuse for why he doesn’t want to take the job but it would take some convincing.

— if Urban remains undecided he’ll be given time and Herman will coach the Kansas game. That would leave him very little operating room between being hired and NSD1. Recruiting is never a secondary concern for him so either he’s truly undecided on whether or not he can get “his guys” or he’s leaning no.

— there has been considerable noise stemming from CDC’s “useful” media stenographers that I’ve taken as misninformation. James Franklin? That has to be him doing his friend and Penn State coach a solid. Talk of bringing Herman back if they miss on Urban seems like buying time for Plan B’s but we’ve also heard they don’t like their Plan B options. If Del Conte truly believes that, he should be met with spirited opposition. It’s an excuse and a bad one at that. For someone who prides himself on making good hires he should relish the opportunity to conduct the rare “real search” at Texas with all its resources and newly refined sales pitch.

— we have heard Steve Sarkisian’s name. He is a better option than Herman and I know there are better options than Sark. If five years with Saban hasn’t led to a relapse he can probably deal with the pressures of @oneryhorn636970 (notice how I made him an old). Sark is just an example of how “there are no Plan B’s” is BS.

— I’ve heard they’re not all that high on Cristobal, though I wasn’t given any reasons. That’s either more nonsense or hopefully misdirection. Who knows at this point.

— recency bias drives me mad. It’s just as shortsighted to say it’s hard to fire a coach after a convincing win (over a bad team) as it is to not want a head coach who has a recent disappointing loss. If you’re not discussing a body of work you’re doing it wrong. Herman’s body of work, even before the other issues are accounted for, isn’t getting it done. A win over K-State changes nothing. It actually underlined his shortcomings.

— for now we’re waiting for unimpeachable word on what’s going on. We’ve received confirmation for what we posted on Friday but nothing new today.

— I’m confident the pursuit of Meyer has been handled quite well, but I’m unsure on the other scenarios

They would've been better off not saying shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

IT

I’m ignoring this shit. 

• Hook 'Em 4

23 minutes ago, Majorcholas said:

Everyone knows you cook brisket to temp and feel. Time is literally irrelevant most times.

i am a no foil/paper guy. Let’s get some bark going!!!!!

Agreed but always good to have an estimate. I smoke to 203 but usually paper. The pepper gets me all the bark I need

• Hook 'Em 4

Right, and Urban reacted as though he thought it was something else - the Texas job saga.  It wasn’t, the fact he thought it was is the tell.

Oh I got the reaction and why it’s interesting, was just explaining that they didn’t “switch” to Mich/Covid. It was directly related to the Columbus/Ulcer remark.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, mantis toboggan said:

I believe you also claimed in your first post here that Herman would be fire Saturday after KSU. That looks unlikely at this time- agree?

Not necessarily.  I’m confident the conversation has already happened.  Now whether or not it hits the media tonight/tomorrow is a different story.

• Hook 'Em 2

That's correct. That was what he was saying but UM misinterpreted it for a split second as referring to the coaching search causing anxiety in CBus. That's how I took it. 

I know, I was explaining that they didn’t “switch” to Mich/Covid, that it was directly related to tOSU.

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Director of Sales for a logistics company. If y’all need to move some LTL or FTL freight, holla at ya boiiiii

My dude. Can you hook me up with an FTL ticket to Pluto? I need to see if it's really not a planet for myself.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic