Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

9 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

We know who owns this plane? 

Nope, I tried digging into it and I believe the listed owner is actually NetJets - appears that their fractional-ownership model is different from some of their competitors such that NetJets shows up as owner even though behind the curtain 2+ actual people own it (not NetJets). At least that's what I've gleaned.

Edit: Unfortunate consequence of that is no individual's names listed in the registry, and registered address are all NetJet offices/locations. That info is what has given enough breadcrumbs to track down on other flights we've identified owners of. 

Edited by derpyhorndog
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

The squid said three days. That would be Sunday

Burton hinted at Sunday

Other people have said Sunday

but by all means, melt down on Saturday Surly

To be fair, the squid didn’t say shit. He posts strings and strings of emojis to be interpreted as we see fit, QAnon style.

17 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

What public spectacle? We're the only ones talking about it. Not firing Herman yet has kept it from blowing up into a national story

Exactly, nobody has a clue what's going on. 

This hasn't been a "public spectacle" at all other than Texas fans and sites blowing up the Urban rumor. The same thing would happen if Urban wasn't in the mix. From what I can tell, Del Conte has done a fantastic job of keeping this quiet and out of the public spectacle. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Yuk said:

If Urban doesn't come to Texas, he doesn't want to coach again.  He wants to coach again, so he's coming to Texas. He's not so fucking torn after thinking about this for probably months and going through that show today (a bit uncomfortable) just to make his mind up tonight that he wants to be a has-been television personality.  Texas is (at least) a top 4 job in college football, and they want him.  He's coming.  Stop being pussies.

I sure hope you're right. He also was praising Sam, so maybe that's step one of convincing him to stay his last year.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Urban is coming.  

I did notice in the post game that Urban gushed over Sam, called him a warrior and a leader with some passion behind the words. I think he would have been a little more aloof similar to his commentary on the other games if he wasn't coming.

Just now, Vertigo said:

The squid said three days. That would be Sunday

Burton hinted at Sunday

Other people have said Sunday

but by all means, melt down on Saturday Surly

Hopeful it will be tomorrow after watching Urban and his comments today because something seemed different.  

1 hour ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

I don’t know anyone important. But it seems logical that if Urb doesn’t want the job, or any unwanted attention for that matter, simply make a statement. The fact that he hasn’t done that tells me he is onboard. 

Yep, and looking at it from another angle, if Meyer had really already passed on the job, UT would likely have already taken steps to manage expectations. None of that is happening.

1 hour ago, rungeflash said:

I don't see this as a cdc failure if Meyer ends up saying no. He got the UT pieces aligned and preseneted the most lucrative cfb coaching deal in HISTORY to urbs door step. This is on Meyer if it doesn't happen.

Like anything else, if there is a fail, we won't know where the failure was because we were not part of , nor did we witness the  actual process, and there are always cover stories and rationalizations and defensive behaviors in poor outcomes. C'mon man.

People need to have a think.

When you need to be fired and you lose your away game, you get fired at the airport and fly commercial home.

When you need to be fired and you lose your away game, you awkwardly ride home with the team, act excited about the win, and get fired at the destination airport or late that night/next morning at the AD's office depending on the number of Of Mice and Men references you made during press conferences on the 40.  

12 minutes ago, Yuk said:

If Urban doesn't come to Texas, he doesn't want to coach again.  He wants to coach again, so he's coming to Texas. He's not so fucking torn after thinking about this for probably months and going through that show today (a bit uncomfortable) just to make his mind up tonight that he wants to be a has-been television personality.  Texas is (at least) a top 4 job in college football, and they want him.  He's coming.  Stop being pussies.

200w.gif

@derpyhorndog now is the time to looking for planes. Anything from LA, Tampa and/or Columbus to Austin/Horseshoe Bay should be strong indicators that shit's going down.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dcbc said:

When you need to be fired and you lose your away game, you get fired at the airport and fly commercial home.

When you need to be fired and you lose your away game, you awkwardly ride home with the team, act excited about the win, and get fired at the destination airport or late that night/next morning at the AD's office depending on the number of Of Mice and Men references you made during press conferences on the 40.  

I don’t think you fire the coach in college either way until he gets home.  

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

So, I'm going to go on a little bit of a rant here.

If Meyer doesn't happen, just look at how this process has played out.  For the entire season, the administration has not provided any votes of confidence to help stabilize the program and recruiting. That means they are hell bent on making a change and didn't want to do that.  Okay, fine. 

But if you are committed to change, how in the heck can you let the Urban Meyer stuff play out all of the way to the end of the season and not have him locked down? You either get a no and move on, or you lock him down, weeks or months ago. Not NOW. That way you don't subject yourself to being publicly left at the alter, with fans, recruits and players deflated over settling for the next Herman-like choice. Whether the next coach is better than Herman or not, you've hurt the perception of the program, which will hurt recruiting, support, etc.

On the other hand, if you had processed Meyer early, you could of nipped all the rumors early, and then when you announce Cristobal, Mullins or whoever, at least people would be encouraged, instead of deflated.

If he doesn't come, this thing was mis-managed, big-time.

What if they did approach him earlier and did all this and he said "no". But somewhere as the season moved along and he started missing coaching more and more he let out a maybe. You're saying we turn down a top 3 coach because the "process" won't be handled right?? 

-- OR --

There wasn't enough consensus from the BMDs that they wanted to pony up all the buyout cash this season. Season progressed and they too realized we need change. Urban was seen as possible via his Big Noon show demeanor. Do you want till NEXT season to try and get him so the "process" isn't "mis-managed"??

If everything was done perfectly and everyone was on the same page all the time we wouldn't be looking for another coach. If you are waiting for that to happen we will NEVER get a new coach.

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut

1 minute ago, derpyhorndog said:

Now's the time to be looking for planes implies I stopped at some point in the last 140+ hours. 

Good point.

1 minute ago, troph said:

Already known.  In LA now headed to Houston Dallas then Austin tonight and tomorrow.

I think the only ones of interest to us should be direct shots from any of those three areas to Austin/HSB.

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Good point.

I think the only ones of interest to us should be direct shots from any of those three areas to Austin/HSB.

HSB doesn’t matter anymore.

My theory is urban to Houston to glad hand Houston BMD then to Dallas for those BMD then to Austin Sunday afternoon for the announcement and Monday presser.  That my shot, calling it now.

and this plane has been active in the back and forths for a while now as I recall. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Exactly, nobody has a clue what's going on. 

This hasn't been a "public spectacle" at all other than Texas fans and sites blowing up the Urban rumor. The same thing would happen if Urban wasn't in the mix. From what I can tell, Del Conte has done a fantastic job of keeping this quiet and out of the public spectacle. 

definitely.  its not a public spectacle at all.  of course everyone is wondering if the head coach at Texas might be fired after being in the CCG once in 4 years and losing 4.5 games a year in year 4 with a 4 year starting QB.    therefore there will be speculation on who could take his place.  Same thing is happening with Harbaugh.

My theory is urban to Houston to glad hand Houston BMD then to Dallas for those BMD then to Austin Sunday afternoon for the announcement and Monday presser.  That my shot, calling it now.
and this plane has been active in the back and forths for a while now as I recall. 
Didn't we establish that one of the regents lives close to hsb? If so, flights in and out of that airport could still matter.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

HSB might matter if any of the Meyer clan is getting to Texas this evening or before Herman is officially let go tomorrow. That'd be a perfect place to get them in and close without people finding out as easily.

1 minute ago, troph said:

Yeah, I like this one. And not that I'm not watching closely for direct flights, but the plane in question also having multiple stops in Vegas (in addition to Columbus, OH, and being at Van Nuys currently) aligns with what we're hearing from ironclad sources such as FCB and the Squid. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

What public spectacle? We're the only ones talking about it. Not firing Herman yet has kept it from blowing up into a national story

This is not true.  Go google either of their names right now.  I can assure you none of the results under the news tab take you to this thread.  And there are a lot of them

58 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Once you know Herman isn't the guy, what the fuck would you be achieving keeping him around?

And it's even worse than that.  We know Herman isn't the guy, but the really terrible part is that the recruits see that he isn't the guy and they're acting accordingly.  Urban says yes or he says no, fine, but anyone suggesting we keep Herman here another season is not a person whose opinion on the matter should be taken seriously.

Edited by TriStone

3 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Didn't we establish that one of the regents lives close to hsb? If so, flights in and out of that airport could still matter.

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

HSB might matter if any of the Meyer clan is getting to Texas this evening or before Herman is officially let go tomorrow. That'd be a perfect place to get them in and close without people finding out as easily.

I think it’s go time. Meet the BMD and announce.  HSB doesn’t make sense to me. Family will get here not sure how, right mow we need to follow our guy and his possible flights.

9 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

What do you think Texas has been doing behind the scenes since TCU? 

I think you need to separate what Texas boosters have been doing since TCU behind the scenes and what CDC is doing.  CDC hasn’t done jack shit which is what dbeasy is trying to convey from what I’m comprehending.  

This has potential to end up like the Saban ordeal where a group of boosters have our replacement lined up and the athletic department finds a way to fuck it up.  It’s what we do here at Texas.

I think you need to separate what Texas boosters have been doing since TCU behind the scenes and what CDC is doing.  CDC hasn’t done jack shit which is what dbeasy is trying to convey from what I’m comprehending.  

This has potential to end up like the Saban ordeal where a group of boosters have our replacement lined up and the athletic department finds a way to fuck it up.  It’s what we do here at Texas.

Ya I’m going to just shut up. Rant over. There’s some background information here, and I’ll just re-iterate I like cdc, but have growing frustration. A Meyer yes makes all of it moot.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Not a single mother fucking report from anywhere or anyone has said that Urban is being recruited by rogue boosters, in fact by all accounts the polar opposite being done and this being handled by CDC, and the administration and regents. So stop dragging your fucking bleeding pussy all over this thread and throwing random ass tantrums about hypothetical situations that are totally made up of your own conjecture.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

becoming Cal.

Austin already a sanctuary city /homeless magnet and as PC as can be so why would anyone think that UT admin would not act like Cal Texas. The only saving grace is that there  are BMDs who give shit. Think Plonsky, Think Lowell Galindo. Think EoT debacle and LHB. 

WTF has UT Admin done lately to demonstrate their commitment to becoming/ regaining top tier athletic status for the major sports?  

• Fuck You 7

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic