Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

What on earth are you talking about and wtf does it have to do with CUM arriving at Texas.

Colt McCoy has no eligibility left, but Sam can return and might if Urban is signed.

Glad to see your not gripping. On finger placement I recommend the shocker, but it won't help the BDMs in getting Urban to Texas.

Good luck.

"CUM" not going away.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Just to expand on Caddox and Victory88 comments, CDC came from a school that is private and small, where decision making and control is more simplistic than in a larger, public university.

Bigger organizations require a different operational model than smaller org’s. By definition, you have to appease more people, keep more people informed, and make sure you have the authority to do certain things.

Now Kirk Herbstreit’s little whiny speech on Saturday tried to make it seem like Texas is somehow differently dysfunctional as compared to other schools, but the reality is that every large public institution wrestles with this problem. Herbstreit can go screw himself.

yes fuck herby-douche.

the problem is this is our 3rd time in 7 years.  of course it looks dysfunctional.  and we get way more press than most when it does happen.

• Hook 'Em 1

While I personally don't want Herman to stay, all of you fuckers need to realize that it's quite possible, nay probable, that we're stuck with the turtle for next season. The AD's office obviously doesn't care about recruiting like we do and expect us to make money whether we are top of the mountain or not.
They arent dumb, they are just as aware as the average fan how long it can take to recover from subpar recruiting classes close together, and they know after all this smoke there are only 3 options if Urbs says no...extend Herman in an attempt to salvage recruiting, (may work, probably not) cut him loose and hire plan B, C, D or E if neccessary..or promote one of our coords to interim with the understanding next season is a year long job interview.

Basically if Urbs doesnt take the job we're fucked and the misery continues into the new decade.
  • Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

No way Mensa gets an extension...

CDC hates Herman...

Unfortunately IF Big Perm, I mean big Herm comes back you'd have to give him stability or this place is in a bigger mess than it is today. I don't think under any circumstance he would be back at all for any reason next year... but what the hell do I know, I'm just a fish sandwich.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I understand these are your feelings, but mine are, coaches come and go.  No ONE person is bigger than TEXAS FOOTBALL.  MB thought he was.  He was mistaken.  
We will survive.  
Same goes for AD's. I like CDC, but he's not irreplaceable..

2 minutes ago, Filet-o-fish said:

Unfortunately IF Big Perm, I mean big Herm comes back you'd have to give him stability or this place is in a bigger mess than it is today. I don't think under any circumstance he would be back at all for any reason next year... but what the hell do I know, I'm just a fish sandwich.

2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

And not a good one either.

Lots of mayo in that sauce.

32 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

So we know Texas has no leverage and Urban is basically dictating the terms right now. As soon as Herman is fired the story goes from will Texas fire Herman to will Texas hire Urban. He wants his guys but he doesn't want to hurt OSU's season or they told him they want to wait until the season is over for them. Its either that or maybe he really hasn't decided which seems just out of character. If it was a no you gotta think that would have come out by now. Maybe this is all just one final fuck you by 2020.

Meyer or no Herman cannot be the coach next year. 

I agree with this. Things between Urban and Texas have been in motion for a while. Urban is respecting OSUs current season by staying silent because it will shake up the staff.

Aside from Kirk’s whining, it’s strange how the media is talking about this in describing Texas. I’m surprised the narrative is not “who does big, bad Texas think they are going after Urban” instead of “Texas needs to make a move now if they want more success” which is being said.

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Updated Insider

Rapgamelarry – quintupled down this morning, but still highly suspect source. 10-1

ScholasticofSquid - see rapgamelarry. 10-1

CeddyB - see rapgamelarry. 20-1

Mr Orange - too few posts on Surly. Unless someone vouches for him, he's suspect. 3-1.

Alphahorn - semi credible, but weird diversions into crypto raises eyebrows. I do know he has one thing wrong. He said it's been done for awhile. I know that isn't true. 2-1.

RVC2005 - seems to have some real visibility. When he posts, I pay attention. 1-1.

CTJ – I follow everything he posts closely, and he's freely admitted he doesn't know which way this is going. 1-1.

Me – Still don’t know, but have never once heard yes after he said he wanted it. No line.

Caddox - He just doubled down with a BMD reference. 1-4.

Thamel - He posted some weird stuff implying both directions. Not sure what to think of his proclamations. 1-1.

Kevin Burton - This one's interesting. Either he's got some legit intel or Urban is using him as a pawn in his chess match, like he did with others for tOSU job. 2-1.

CTC2 - He's saying it's a no, and I don't know about his bonafides. No harm sharing though. 5-1.

Futureman - Has already completely blown his credibility because he said there was never a chance Meyer would come here. The events of the last week prove Meyer is in play and that Texas wants him. 10,000-1.

Staff list guy – the guy that posted possible Meyer staff, but also said he may not have said yes.

Burton – pretty credible, says it’s still undecided. 1-3.

Horns99 – said Herman stays. Newer poster. 10-1.

Helobious – very suspect mini-BMD. 9-1.

InjuryProne – says it’s done and has some connections verified. 3-1.

Texas7 – what did he say. 20-1 until I see something.

HighlandParkVillageLady – BMD wife, it’s Meyer or an NFL coach. 5-1.

If anyone ever gives you 10,000 to 1 odds on anything you take it, when futureman ever makes a correct prediction. I'm gonna be one very rich dude. 

649284294_tenor(70).gif.ed6775444c53c8451a63544ec5c179c7.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Some poster on IT said practice was cancelled due to COVID concerns.

Also lol, Vance is one of us.

04195ed1e776e490a9b2f90e93a30b8e.jpg
Covid concerns could easily be a cover. When you must unexpectedly cancel practice and don't want to give your team the real reason, you say "covid concerns."

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic