Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

It makes me wonder if the donors basically said if you arent on the UM train then you're out on the whole process. 

Maybe that’s the hesitation that urban has (if there is one, but he said it had to be “perfect” and shit). The AD he’d be working for is neutered by the dudes with big money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Yes, this all came from Chip Brown saying Urban told us "no." IT quickly jumped in and said while things didn't look good, they were not dead. Nahlin and Burton have been very clear about that. Everything else has piggy-backed off Chip's report.

Night Crew needs to set up a covert operation to shank FCB.

2 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Frankly it's no different than when Mack Brown was pushed onto Dodds by the boosters.  Dodds was all set on Barnett until the boosters told him otherwise.  I'm sure he was stunned and pissed but they managed to work together.

For all we know they they have agreed on an assistant AD for football as a go between.

Mack had DKR's stamp of approval along with the boosters.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, David Wooderson said:

Fox and ESPN never  ran with the rejection bit. They did run with the Herman being back bit though, but that was pretty much piggy backing off what was being said by FCB etc 

Thought I read the UM portion too, but I could have been mistaken.

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

When you suggest James Franklin or Sonny Dykes, you get told to go sit in the fucking corner.

You’re not serious about your job. Makes perfect sense to me. 

Sonny Dykes is beyond sit in the corner. It's "we're going to do your fucking job and hire a coach while you figure out what you will do next in life" bad.

• Hook 'Em 2

One thing that strikes me now- I was told time and time again that the administration and the donors are in lock step and working together to do what it takes to land UM. Well thats obviously not true, which for me is the first really concerning thing about this process. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Maybe that’s the hesitation that urban has (if there is one, but he said it had to be “perfect” and shit). The AD he’d be working for is neutered by the dudes with big money.

Let's be honest -- if we hire Urban Meyer, CDC will be working for him

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Caddox said:

One thing that strikes me now- I was told time and time again that the administration and the donors are in lock step and working together to do what it takes to land UM. Well thats obviously not true, which for me is the first really concerning thing about this process. 

Maybe it comes down to how "administration" is defined. Is CDC part of the administration or is he just the AD?

57 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

He wouldn’t bail on his last regular Saturday appearance. I don’t think. He enjoys being with that group. But it’s clear watching him that he’s ready to coach again. I just want it to be here. It’s such a huge thing to hope for! Mind blown if that happens.

Wasn't he wearing coaching cleats behind the desk yesterday?

Yep. We were told everyone was aligned. Now it’s cdc is in time out.

26 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Well I guess that could still apply if Hartzell and the BOR are onboard. CDC does have the least power in the administration of the three branches.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Octavian said:

Well I guess that could still apply if Hartzell and the BOR are onboard. CDC does have the least power in the administration of the three branches.

UM also asked that he choose his own associate AD for football right? 

49 minutes ago, Caddox said:

This is where I have a big blind spot because I agree it doesnt make sense. I keep getting told that Hartzell and the board are running the show with the donors and that CDC is just kind of there to nod his head. Well that sounds like a pretty big problem to me. 

Pretty sure that's what CTJ said, and it doesn't seem like the way things should happen.

On the other hand, that's what happened when we ended up with Mack Brown, according to vague rumors that I barely recall from twenty-three years ago...

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Not really. BMDs didn’t hire John Mackovic or Charlie Strong, and those were shitty hires.

Our biggest problem is we don’t use our shitpiles of money at all. We just talk a lot about them. 

This^^

Does anyone doubt the value of the richest brand if we were on a Bama dynasty run?   Make an offer too outrageous to dismiss for the top 3 coaches in CFB.  That’s what should have happened after Strong, go big enough that one of them has to take the deal.   

Alternatively, I would take the job for 2M with an assistant pool of 4m each to poach venables and Sark, and another 10M for position and support.  $20M/yr with the money to get the best coaches in the game.  Of course it would need to be part time on my end so I can keep my day job, but I think this could work.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Caddox said:

Ill just do quick cliffs:

Close friends BIL was at a lease this weekend with someone that was in the room in Dallas when they were putting together the donor side of the UM stuff. Buddy texts me earlier and says the program and the CDC stuff whatever was constant conversation.

- They still feel good about UM.

- CDC is hardly even involved.

- Tom Herman is toast

My main question without being too pushy was why was everyone celebrating on Saturday and then shitty news comes out Sunday and everyone goes completely silent? He said they felt like this last round of negotiations went really well, but that they all agreed to give Meyer space bc it was clear he needed it. Then they all went nuts bc Meyer basically told us he felt great about stuff and that he wants to let the season or his fox stuff or our season or whatever shake out. Meyer had started to get cagey and then he gave us a super positive indication without us asking for one. 

1) close friend or relative (but not too close) has encounters with group of UT illuminati that's meeting behind closed doors and dictating the future of the program. 

I see you went to the Nahlin school of making up bullshit. 

2) Meyer feels great about being the coach here but wants to wait until he can have some more meaningless Fox appearances or, better yet, for Herman to coach the Cumdumpster.com bowl that Texas will accept but probably won't be played due to coronavirus. He'll just wait and let the majority of a signing class come on line and get zero say on getting stuck for 4 years with a lot of players he probably doesn't want. All because he doesn't want to upset the fox gig or a coach he's replacing. Yeah, that makes complete sense for a taskmaster anal perfectionist like Urban Meyer. That fits his personality to a tee. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 6

1 minute ago, Mdhorn said:

I didn't know I was slumming message boards until the upgrade.  This looks significantly cleaner with better lighting--contrast does a lot.  And I like the edit better too.   

whoops, fucked that up.  

Edited by Mdhorn

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

1) close friend or relative (but not too close) has encounters with group of UT illuminati that's meeting behind closed doors and dictating the future of the program. 

I see you went to the Nahlin school of making up bullshit. 

2) Meyer feels great about being the coach here but wants to wait until he can have some more meaningless Fox appearances or, better yet, for Herman to coach the Cumdumpster.com bowl that Texas will accept but probably won't be played due to coronavirus. He'll just wait and let the majority of a signing class come on line and get zero say on getting stuck for 4 years with a lot of players he probably doesn't want. All because he doesn't want to upset the fox gig or a coach he's replacing. Yeah, that makes complete sense for a taskmaster anal perfectionist like Urban Meyer. That fits his personality to a tee. 

Your shits all regarded

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Pretty sure that's what CTJ said, and it doesn't seem like the way things should happen.

On the other hand, that's what happened when we ended up with Mack Brown, according to vague rumors that I barely recall from twenty-three years ago...

If that is happening then this thing isn't getting turned around any time soon no matter what coach they hire. Being a Cowboys fan and Longhorns fan must be the absolute worst. Seeing both teams among the richest in the game but also two of the worst run. 

• Fuck You 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic