Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

6 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

1) close friend or relative (but not too close) has encounters with group of UT illuminati that's meeting behind closed doors and dictating the future of the program. 

I see you went to the Nahlin school of making up bullshit. 

2) Meyer feels great about being the coach here but wants to wait until he can have some more meaningless Fox appearances or, better yet, for Herman to coach the Cumdumpster.com bowl that Texas will accept but probably won't be played due to coronavirus. He'll just wait and let the majority of a signing class come on line and get zero say on getting stuck for 4 years with a lot of players he probably doesn't want. All because he doesn't want to upset the fox gig or a coach he's replacing. Yeah, that makes complete sense for a taskmaster anal perfectionist like Urban Meyer. That fits his personality to a tee. 

You're the  potato Larry was talking about earlier. Go rub your pussy with the Day Crew. 

Edited by David Wooderson

2 minutes ago, pops said:

Your shits all regarded

Can you go teach this idiot how to create fiction that could actually be believable?

I mean if you're going to go through the trouble of making shit up to sound like an insider at least put minimal effort in to know your subject matter and make the actions of the real people in it congruent with their known actions and personalities. I'd like to believe Urban is coming too but I can't force myself to believe garbage this sloppy. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 3

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

FWIW CTJ said that the guy we are targeting wouldn’t be available till Sunday at the earliest...UMs contract with Fox is done on Saturday 

Could it be that simple?  I mean, it wouldn’t be good for Fox to have an active head coach on their broadcast right.  

22 minutes ago, jinx said:

Could it be that simple?  I mean, it wouldn’t be good for Fox to have an active head coach on their broadcast right.  

They have a lot to choose from now--Lovie Smith, Gus, Gary Anderson, hopefully Herman, and more soon.  They'll be fine.  

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

CTJ also said talks stopped between UM and Texas but it was always possible that UM would come back to negotiations. So, I don't think the Caddox info and CTJ info hand jive.

While I would like to believe that you're engaging in deliberate wordplay by concluding your post with "hand jive," I have to pinch hit for Beau Vine and correct it to jibe, not jive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Can you go teach this idiot how to create fiction that could actually be believable?

I mean if you're going to go through the trouble of making shit up to sound like an insider at least put minimal effort in to know your subject matter and make the actions of the real people in it congruent with their known actions and personalities. I'd like to believe Urban is coming too but I can't force myself to believe garbage this sloppy. 

You're being very un-dude

• Hook 'Em 1

Where’d errybody go?

FWIW, while I’m not sure I’m all in on Caddox’s friend of a friend of a friend’s latest intel, I still believe HCIW Meyer is the right guy. 

It’s a perfect opportunity for him to ultimately being heralded as the GOAT for bringing a slouching Texas back to prominence, on top of his past accomplishments. 

A couple of Nattys for the orange and white would seal that deal. Most importantly, it is absolutely doable for him. Texas SHOULD be a perennial powerhouse, doubters be damned. 

Lastly, had anyone heard a shred of support from the team for TH? I don’t Twitter but I think if there had been any support, someone would have posted it here in between pics of Schitts Creek and Nicole. 

(how you doin’?)

• Like 1

That wouldn’t matter any. Meyer and Saban have both worked postseason football shows before while still coaching, when their teams werent in it.
As for Meyer wanting to finish out his contract at Fox, I don’t see why that’s such a leap for some on here. If the contract were up NEXT December, there’d be no waiting, but he’s almost finished, and he’d still have been stalling for tOSU staff anyway.

Because they got their info from the local guys.

This is a difficult hurdle for some minds to clear and I don’t see how. It’s pretty gotdamn simple: the national “reports” are reporting what Bohlshit and FCB reported, referencing them right out the gate, not confirming anything on their own. The entire foundation of their reports are what was in the AAS, and FCB’s ridiculous line to open his story on the “news.”
  • Hook 'Em 1

So Urban wants to wait for Fox and OSU to be done before he takes the Texas job? The fox thing makes no sense. If he cared enough about coaching he’d want to be at the school making moves, not on TV wasting time. And the OSU finishing thing is even stupider. So he values OSU more than Texas? Seems like a good thing for Texas. Maybe if they play OSU in the future he can just bend over for them. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, taybo20 said:

So Urban wants to wait for Fox and OSU to be done before he takes the Texas job? The fox thing makes no sense. If he cared enough about coaching he’d want to be at the school making moves, not on TV wasting time. And the OSU finishing thing is even stupider. So he values OSU more than Texas? Seems like a good thing for Texas. Maybe if they play OSU in the future he can just bend over for them. 

None of it makes any sense. In fact, I don’t see much of anything associated to the Texas HC job/replacement making any sense. As such, you could tell me almost anything right now and I’d at least have to consider it. That appears to be the mood of this entire thread, as well. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

None of it makes any sense. In fact, I don’t see much of anything associated to the Texas HC job/replacement making any sense. As such, you could tell me almost anything right now and I’d at least have to consider it. That appears to be the mood of this entire thread, as well. 

Jimbo it is then!

50 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

This is a difficult hurdle for some minds to clear and I don’t see how. It’s pretty gotdamn simple: the national “reports” are reporting what Bohlshit and FCB reported, referencing them right out the gate, not confirming anything on their own. The entire foundation of their reports are what was in the AAS, and FCB’s ridiculous line to open his story on the “news.”

it was on the internet...it must be true!

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Except for chili needing beans/potatoes. I ain't considering either one of those abortions.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Bobby Burton

Member Who Talks

While there was a public statement of support for coach Tom Herman put forth over the weekend by Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte, high-ranking officials at the University continue to consider various coaching options and are resolved to hold a more thorough coaching search following conference championship games that are to be played this weekend, going possibly until the end of bowl season and the NFL regular season, according to two different sources within the university.

“This is not over, not at all,” one university official said of the coaching situation yesterday. A second official told Inside Texas that Del Conte made a mistake in releasing the show of support and that the final statement was “watered down” by other officials.

Inside Texas continues to report that Del Conte will not make the decision of Herman’s future in a silo, nor even have the largest sway in the decision to replace him. Instead, it is a group of three, including university president Jay Hartzell and board of regents chairman Kevin Eltife, along with Del Conte.

Other factors will contribute to any coaching change, including the money available to the university to pursue such a change created by the contract buyout of Herman and several assistants, which total to around $25 million.

While Del Conte has privately bemoaned the amount of money it would take to change coaches and used it as a political factor in any such decision, other universities seem to eschew such problems. Yesterday, Auburn decided to terminate its coach, Gus Malzahn, who is owed a $22 million buyout.

Furthermore, Inside Texas has been told that the money is there for the Longhorns to change coaches. Unlike what has been previously reported, Inside Texas is told that the money is there for any number of candidates vetted, not just for Urban Meyer, who was the initial candidate that galvanized alignment from several donors and the three university officials in charge of the decision.

Inside Texas has been told that the Horns will look at possible college coaches involved in conference championship games and in the NFL, so long as they have head coaching experience in either the pros or colleges.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Caddox said:

For reference since I know my shitposting has been erratic at best- last Saturday the 5th, I got on here and said its done and its happening bc two big money donors said so on a text thread im on.

Then the next day, all the 9.95ers report UM has officially rejected our offer. It made absolutely zero sense and so I just couldnt buy it, but that text thread has been silent ever since. (Or they started a new one without people like me on it.)

Now, this weekend at a hunting lease, a completely different big donor that was involved with the UM stuff says we are still on track with UM and everything is good.

This would fly with the smokescreen theory that it was leaked to the media that all talks were off and he said no to quiet things down until the season is over.

I believe.

Edited by DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

30 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

I'm firmly in the no one knows anything camp. But I believe the rationale given for waiting on OSU is the coaches and support staff UM would bring with him want to wait until OSU's season is over. That's as plausible as anything else.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby Burton

Member Who Talks

While there was a public statement of support for coach Tom Herman put forth over the weekend by Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte, high-ranking officials at the University continue to consider various coaching options and are resolved to hold a more thorough coaching search following conference championship games that are to be played this weekend, going possibly until the end of bowl season and the NFL regular season, according to two different sources within the university.

“This is not over, not at all,” one university official said of the coaching situation yesterday. A second official told Inside Texas that Del Conte made a mistake in releasing the show of support and that the final statement was “watered down” by other officials.

Inside Texas continues to report that Del Conte will not make the decision of Herman’s future in a silo, nor even have the largest sway in the decision to replace him. Instead, it is a group of three, including university president Jay Hartzell and board of regents chairman Kevin Eltife, along with Del Conte.

Other factors will contribute to any coaching change, including the money available to the university to pursue such a change created by the contract buyout of Herman and several assistants, which total to around $25 million.

While Del Conte has privately bemoaned the amount of money it would take to change coaches and used it as a political factor in any such decision, other universities seem to eschew such problems. Yesterday, Auburn decided to terminate its coach, Gus Malzahn, who is owed a $22 million buyout.

Furthermore, Inside Texas has been told that the money is there for the Longhorns to change coaches. Unlike what has been previously reported, Inside Texas is told that the money is there for any number of candidates vetted, not just for Urban Meyer, who was the initial candidate that galvanized alignment from several donors and the three university officials in charge of the decision.

Inside Texas has been told that the Horns will look at possible college coaches involved in conference championship games and in the NFL, so long as they have head coaching experience in either the pros or colleges.

So we are back to the pre-Bill Powers era where the Regents (Eltife) are going to micromanage Hartzell’s job and tell him who he has to hire and fire. 

Great. 

If Hartzell can’t handle personnel decisions, then why in God’s name does he even have a job? 

Football aside, the last thing we need at UT Austin is a spineless yes-boy who can’t lead. Spineless leadership is how universities bloat enrollment, water down academics and become redneck finishing schools for junior colleges.

How did you pick that up from the article? The way I read the article is that Hartzell and Eltife are seeing eye to eye on this while ol CDC is the kid in the back of the car enjoying the ride. So essentially the BoR and president are strongly aligned and so are most BMDs while the only one who isn't is the AD.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 5

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic