The Eyes of Texas

LTtxfan

I have commencement this Saturday because I'm graduating and I saw this.  No one is going to think people are walking out in protest.  Most people are just going to assume its because they want to get out before the sea of people leaving DKR.    

3 hours ago, Tex48 said:

I have commencement this Saturday because I'm graduating and I saw this.  No one is going to think people are walking out in protest.  Most people are just going to assume its because they want to get out before the sea of people leaving DKR.    

What a nut...that said it lead to this so thanks.

https://twitter.com/thunvi/status/1393345133203103748/photo/1

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

This will go away if The University stands firm and doesn’t grovel. The mob will move on to another soft target. 

Possibly. But you need to accept the possibility that this controversy won’t go away. This is a soft target and it wont take much for the bizarro Randolph Duke’s of the world to reignite this controversy, and ESPN/Texas Tribune, etc. One high-profile decommitment. It’s a wedge issue where it doesn’t take much to have an opinion on.

Nevertheless, you may well be right. But I’m not sure what standing firm looks like. If the student athletes no longer participate and walk into the locker room during the song, I’m not sure how it doesn’t blow up in our faces - again. Like you said, it’s a soft target.

The only way this gets resolved is if all student athletes are genuinely persuaded to fully participate as one, unified voice. Do you see that ever happening?

If we can't have anything that isn't universally agreed upon by everyone then we might as well get used to not having anything

My point is this: be prepared for this to be a shit sandwich story so long as the student-athletes are not fully on-board. I was replying to the notion that the story goes away as long as “we” stand firm. Don’t count on it. Maybe. Maybe not.

You can say and believe that you dont give a shit about negative press forever. That’s OK for you to have that opinion. You cannot say for certain that the negative press will die down.

So far, it’s had more legs than electrical grid reform. And that turned Texas into a third-world country just 3 months ago.

10 hours ago, Tex48 said:

Some people just aren't happy unless they're unhappy.

Sometimes you gotta put a few crazies in the life boat and cut the line.

Buh bye!

• Hook 'Em 8

2 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

This will go away if The University stands firm and doesn’t grovel. The mob will move on to another soft target. 

The University should stand firm and not grovel before the mob whether they go away or not.

Fuck every last one of them.

• Hook 'Em 8

5 hours ago, MAUFRAIS said:

I clicked on her Twitter. It looks like they’re inviting outsiders to attend and then walk out.

So I guess that answers the dkr astroturf question.

That fat ho can eat my shit. She’s not entitled to her own facts. 

6 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Possibly. But you need to accept the possibility that this controversy won’t go away. This is a soft target and it wont take much for the bizarro Randolph Duke’s of the world to reignite this controversy, and ESPN/Texas Tribune, etc. One high-profile decommitment. It’s a wedge issue where it doesn’t take much to have an opinion on.

Nevertheless, you may well be right. But I’m not sure what standing firm looks like. If the student athletes no longer participate and walk into the locker room during the song, I’m not sure how it doesn’t blow up in our faces - again. Like you said, it’s a soft target.

The only way this gets resolved is if all student athletes are genuinely persuaded to fully participate as one, unified voice. Do you see that ever happening?

Hopefully, the future recruits and students who are triggered by TEOT are small in number and won’t come here to begin with. Those who are turned off by aggy or Oklahoma’s or Alabama’s history don’t go there, either. We don’t need to appeal to every gotdam child in HS. Evergreen State is always an option. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Have you guys considered the fact that you are just being triggered by an account that doesn’t matter in the slightest? Barely 300 hundred likes and 100 RTs. Who gives a shit, why signal boost and rage against something that isn’t getting any traction? Most students won’t ever see that tweet or won’t give a shit. 

A high school football recruit got twice the engagement in the same amount of time by tweeting two emojis on a highlight video. It’s all going to be ok. 

Edited by UncleSonny
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

You know they're full of shit when The Eyes of Texas "triggers" them and not the past decade of Texas Football. 

The last decade has triggered me. The Eyes is all we have left. They even took our burnt orange away. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

The last decade has triggered me. The Eyes is all we have left. They even took our burnt orange away. 

Burnt orange is racist. You'll have to live with this. 

download (1).jpeg

Edited by Deej
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lhorn said:

You seem triggered 

Do I? Hell, maybe I am. It’s hard to tell what that even means but mostly I just feel bored I guess? 

I keep seeing this thread at the top of the page and I’ll naively click thinking maybe there is a real update. Instead it’s the same 8 posters beating the shit out of the same straw-men or raging against UT’s 15,000th most relevant influencer.  But admittedly, that’s my problem, not yours. I’m the dipshit that keeps clicking. 

20 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

I swear to god I'll pistol whip the next guy that says 'triggered." 

fair 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/21/2021 at 4:42 AM, RollLeft said:

What a nut...that said it lead to this so thanks.

https://twitter.com/thunvi/status/1393345133203103748/photo/1

If that Urban Planning/Basket Weaving degree doesn't pan out then she's all set to end up on 5X7 cards passed out to tourists on Vegas street corners.

So she's got that goin' for her, which is nice.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

This right here. They didn't have a problem or thought about it when they applied and enrolled, so why is it a problem now?

Because the narcissism was fed when enrolled.  Now it wants MOAR!!!.  Woke booger blob gotta eat, baby.

"Somewhere out there is the Beast and he hungry tonight"  ~King

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/21/2021 at 8:01 AM, ImissWallyPryor said:

For some, yes. But clearly facts have not persuaded a group of people who made up their mind to be angry. I think the best strategy is to simply ignore them and move on. If people think the university is racist over this, they should choose to attend another school. Over time self selection will solve the problem. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Cajun said:

If that Urban Planning/Basket Weaving degree doesn't pan out then she's all set to end up on 5X7 cards passed out to tourists on Vegas street corners.

So she's got that goin' for her, which is nice.

Excuse me sir, but I am sure this nut is way too smart for a normal degree. She will be along any minute to tell us it was an advanced degree. 

Underwater Basket Weaving.

• Haha 1