The Eyes of Texas

LTtxfan

34 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:
https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/naacp-ut-austin-students-alumni-groups-denounce-use-of-eyes-of-texas/

Wait a minute..... in the past 12 months didn't we have a bunch of buildings renamed, statues removed, monuments added, a commitment of a multimillion dollar allocation of athletics revenue to support black students, and a 60 page document created by an Eyes of Texas Historical Committee that explained the history of the song?

Maybe the entire "list of demands*" wasn't met, but saying "our voices were not heard" seems a bit disingenuous all things considered.

*https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/naacp-ut-austin-students-alumni-groups-denounce-use-of-eyes-of-texas/

Yeah, it's crystal clear their voices were heard.  Numerous changes were made, but the answer on The Eyes was a resounding "No."

Get the fuck over it and move on.  There are no more wins here for the Woke Industrial Complex to be had.

• Hook 'Em 9

Ah yes I wondered when the Tribune and NAACP were saving their hit piece for...makes sense it's right after our first game.  Although they would have much preferred that it came after a loss than a win.  This doesn't hit nearly as hard when the team stayed for and sang the Eyes after the game, sorry y'all.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Glad we have two threads of this bullshit going. Holy fuck - @immamac - can you lock one of these going forward? This is terrible. We already had a long discussion on the other one today now this one is getting bumped in degenerate/ztejas hours. 

So….where’s the other ‘Eyes” thread?

6 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Ah yes I wondered when the Tribune and NAACP were saving their hit piece for...makes sense it's right after our first game.  Although they would have much preferred that it came after a loss than a win.  This doesn't hit nearly as hard when the team stayed for and sang the Eyes after the game, sorry y'all.

Seriously, what is with Texas Tribune and Daily Texan consistently targeting us and not going after A&M for their Sul Ross statue?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

"As black students, we kind of feel as if it's not like our voices are heard," said Al-Nasser Lawal, a senior at the school and president of the UT-Austin chapter of the NAACP.

As a graduate of the University of Texas, I am embarrassed that this sentence was spoken by a student at my Alma Mater.  JFC, do schools no longer teach English grammar?  Also, as others have pointed out, just because you didn't get the result you wanted doesn't mean you weren't heard.  Welcome to Life, young man.  The idea of trying to get the Federal government to force the University to change the school song because you find it offensive would be humorous if it wasn't so pathetic.

• Hook 'Em 9

Seeing this on ESPN actually pissed me off. Saturday was great! People of all races in the stands cheering on the team and singing the Eyes. Then I seen this bullshit which is so out of touch.

The Eyes has literally done nothing to hurt you. And there is absolutely no way you can say it has.

• Hook 'Em 6

Posted yesterday on the DT thread -- this is just another publicity stunt:

Never underestimate the ability of a low-life slip and fall lawyer, community agitator, and NAACP president, to find some "anonymous students" with grievances so as to get him back into the spotlight.  As I understand it, the LHB took a vote and is very supportive of "The Eyes."  I've also heard that there is not enough interest in the alternative band to even really organize it.

Interesting how they leaked it to Texas Tribune just as football season was beginning.  This is a manufactured and orchestrated media event, and alleged controversy. 

Hook 'em.  All the live long day!  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Just now, DalTxHornFan said:

Very impressive.  Pretty sure that the question "Do you support free beer on the Main Mall every Friday beginning at noon?" would also pass overwhelmingly.

Just wait til they do a vote. 300 people will vote and then the student government will try to say the results represent the entire student body 

• Hook 'Em 2

I don't like UT at all (Tech fan, A&M grad), but I can't figure out how the hell this song is racist at all. Maybe since it has the same cadence as "I've been working on the Railroad" and the people singing that could be slaves, but shit can't they just talk about how UT broke up yet another conference I keed I keed.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Neato we’re just going to do this every 6 months huh

Of course ESPN embraces the lie.

That's it boys, keep making everything about anything but the game itself.  Just keep quadrupling down!  I'm positive your pathetic ratings are just resting on the tipping point of skyrocketing any minute now.

Morons.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Deej said:

Once this item is crossed of the list, UT will be given another list.

"Remove Darrell K. Royal's name from the stadium. He coached the last all-white championship team."

Yup.

The "list" is an Everlasting Gobstopper of woke loser nectar.

It will never end until they are forced to pound sand over and over again.  Don't give one cm of ground to these wastes of oxygen.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Of course ESPN embraces the lie.

That's it boys, keep making everything about anything but the game itself.  Just keep quadrupling down!  I'm positive your pathetic ratings are just resting on the tipping point of skyrocketing any minute now.

Morons.

5mbxld.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Tommy Shelby said:

I don't like UT at all (Tech fan, A&M grad), but I can't figure out how the hell this song is racist at all. Maybe since it has the same cadence as "I've been working on the Railroad" and the people singing that could be slaves, but shit can't they just talk about how UT broke up yet another conference I keed I keed.

Negged for about 5 different reasons. Pretty impressive for 2 sentences (albeit one run-on). 

• Haha 1