Longhorns @ Rapists - FS1/Surly Discord 2:30 Central

Surly Bevo

Just now, MillerEP said:

Watch all access next week and you’ll see he probably gave this same speech to them in the pregame speech, which means he looked it up and had it prepared the day before

Hopefully, he's gone before all access next week, but I am not hopeful.  Losing LHN with Vue's going away isn't looking so bad now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

I’ve never been so embarrassed to be a Texas fan....than when these dipshits called a timeout with :05 to score a garbage time td......and then the band had to play the fight song.  

We did that against OU in 2011. The Sooners were laughing at us.

It has been a rough decade.

1 hour ago, Wishbone said:

We have quite a few playmakers. However, they are either on the sideline, or being “coached” by idiots. Matt Rhule would love to have our roster. 

I actually did think we would win. TH has done well when up against a wall. But we’re bad, like really bad and Baylor has improved beyond anyone would have imagined. Just look at how well Brewer played compared to Sam. He seemed comfortable and in control. Sam seemed lost and often several steps out of sync. Offensive line can’t stop anyone.  Got to give a congrats for the Baylor defense. One of the best I’ve seen in years.

We’ve taken major steps backwards in a year when I felt It appeared like Tom had them moving in the right direction. Mack and Strong fired all their coaches when things got this bad and it didn’t help one bit. I’m not feeling confident about Texas future under Tom. 

Edited by Brandywine
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

We’ve taken major steps backwards in a year when I felt It appeared like Tom had them moving in the right direction.

And we're getting worse every week. A number of people speak with confidence about what the problem is, but I"m really baffled.

Is the Herman culture thing not effective over time?

How could offensive development slide so far in a single season?

How does the OL get beat so badly so often on pass plays? Really, how?

I don't look forward to the games anymore. Even when we weren't so good in the late 80s and early 90s, there were always players or efforts that were worthwhile. Now, I think we all know (me, you, the team, the world) that the game will be close no matter who we play which speaks to the cliche of killer instinct. 

I grit my teeth to turn on the game today. I have no pleasure anticipating Friday's game. I'm tired of the coaching merry go round. 

I want to hear the story from the locker room.

Can any of this shit be fixed?

I hate that I've passed through embarrassment to indifference. Another season like this, and I give up on the college game.

• Like 2

i'm liking the NFL a hell of a lot more than i used to. College ball sucks when your team is out of it. I mean , how many worthwhle games did we have today --just OSU Penn St, maybe a couple others.

btw, how about the Utah coaching staff. They've been a force without much talent.

39 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

I actually did think we would win. TH has done well when up against a wall. But we’re bad, like really bad and Baylor has improved beyond anyone would have imagined. Just look at how well Brewer played compared to Sam. He seemed comfortable and in control. Sam seemed lost and often several steps out of sync. Offensive line can’t stop anyone.  Got to give a congrats for the Baylor defense. One of the best I’ve seen in years.

We’ve taken major steps backwards in a year when I felt It appeared like Tom had them moving in the right direction. Mack and Strong fired all their coaches when things got this bad and it didn’t help one bit. I’m not feeling confident about Texas future under Tom. 

He is a coach that uses "having a chip on his shoulder" to motivate his team. That allows him to occasionally beat OU and FSU at a school like UH. He places a target on their backs and challenges players to play the game of their lives. It worked and got him the job at Texas. He has no concept on how to motivate his team when they are targeted, when they are the other teams rival game but just another weekend to us. 

41 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

And we're getting worse every week. A number of people speak with confidence about what the problem is, but I"m really baffled.

Is the Herman culture thing not effective over time?

How could offensive development slide so far in a single season?

How does the OL get beat so badly so often on pass plays? Really, how?

I don't look forward to the games anymore. Even when we weren't so good in the late 80s and early 90s, there were always players or efforts that were worthwhile. Now, I think we all know (me, you, the team, the world) that the game will be close no matter who we play which speaks to the cliche of killer instinct. 

I grit my teeth to turn on the game today. I have no pleasure anticipating Friday's game. I'm tired of the coaching merry go round. 

I want to hear the story from the locker room.

Can any of this shit be fixed?

I hate that I've passed through embarrassment to indifference. Another season like this, and I give up on the college game.

I can tell you this, we are soft and we are weak (Duvernay excluded).

This team is as powder puff as Mack's last few iterations.

• Like 2

Well, we can go back to the old "bad cop" head coach, who has to have "good cop" assistants.

If the assistants don't know shit and aren't apparently capable of coaching up the players to meet the expectations of bad cop HC, where does that leave the players.

Plus, the assistants, or many of them, seem to be kind of assholes, so they can't even be "nice" to the players.

Sam commented in a way that reflected poorly on coaching after OU and it's only gotten worse and worse.

50 minutes ago, NowThis said:

i'm liking the NFL a hell of a lot more than i used to. College ball sucks when your team is out of it. I mean , how many worthwhle games did we have today --just OSU Penn St, maybe a couple others.

btw, how about the Utah coaching staff. They've been a force without much talent.

I couldn't disagree more. Not every meaningful games has to be for a title race. There are a ton of rivalry games in the next couple of weeks between bad teams that mean a hell of a lot more to their fans then some meaningless Denver @ Buffalo NFL game.

• Like 1

For whatever reason, it seems like Parker Braun has been subtraction by addition.

The reshuffling and replacement of Calvin Anderson seems to be a net negative.

It may all be a product of opponents having figured out the offense and its complete stagnation.

Tom apparently actually believes he can pull of some kind of bulldozing ala Ohio State.  Well, he isn't in the Big 10 anymore.  Sure the Big XII has a lousy reputation for defense, but that's because the offenses are generally not stagnant.  Give em a stagnant offense without tOSU talent and they'll fuck you right the fuck up.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

I’ve never been so embarrassed to be a Texas fan....than when these dipshits called a timeout with :05 to score a garbage time td......and then the band had to play the fight song.  

The band should have played Yakety Sax.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

This is what happens when you fire one of the best head football coaches in the country – at the peak of his powers – along with the AD and President.  By cleaning house, Baylor did what no other school would have done.  And even though it was a fake scandal (to this day, only one player was convicted of sexual assault – but fuck facts, let’s just throw around bull shit statistics while pretending sexual assault doesn’t happen everywhere)…Baylor still did the right thing. 

Redemption, gentlemen.  This is sweet fucking redemption.  The karma and football Gods smiled down upon my beloved Bears and delivered Matt Rhule.  Not only did we replace Briles with a man of integrity, but we somehow UPGRADED with a better on-field product.  WE FUCKING UPGRADED!!!

And now, after being down for only 2 or 3 years, Baylor is BACK!  And damn does it feel good.  Total vindication!

Best of luck to y’all in your decade-long+ rebuild.  Baylor is now only 1 win vs OU away from securing our 3rd Big12 championship…which would tie Texas for 2nd on the all-time list.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 20

22 minutes ago, BearConn said:

This is what happens when you fire one of the best head football coaches in the country – at the peak of his powers – along with the AD and President.  By cleaning house, Baylor did what no other school would have done.  And even though it was a fake scandal (to this day, only one player was convicted of sexual assault – but fuck facts, let’s just throw around bull shit statistics while pretending sexual assault doesn’t happen everywhere)…Baylor still did the right thing. 

Redemption, gentlemen.  This is sweet fucking redemption.  The karma and football Gods smiled down upon my beloved Bears and delivered Matt Rhule.  Not only did we replace Briles with a man of integrity, but we somehow UPGRADED with a better on-field product.  WE FUCKING UPGRADED!!!

And now, after being down for only 2 or 3 years, Baylor is BACK!  And damn does it feel good.  Total vindication!

Best of luck to y’all in your decade-long+ rebuild.  Baylor is now only 1 win vs OU away from securing our 3rd Big12 championship…which would tie Texas for 2nd on the all-time list.

Pffft.  We got rid of the most successful head coach in 40 years, the AD, and the President all within a year and they didn't even do anything wrong, except lose a lot.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BearConn said:

Screed by Baylor Fan

This redeems nothing. This vindicates nothing. I hate you and your school and not in the same way I pretend to hate OU and A&M. I am just sorry we have to continue to be associated with each other.

Baylor did what they were forced to do, nothing more and nothing less.

• Like 1

at least they got to play the fight song. in dkr the wankers in charge woulda played kernkraft 400 as bob moron cole shrieked out some mindless drivel.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BearConn said:

You’re not winning shit this year. Texas is awful. 

Fucking rape apologists and murderers. You all haven’t learned a fucking thing in that shithole town. 

Edited by Girdwood

8 hours ago, BearConn said:

Call me when you win something, anything, of consequence.

Redemption?

LMAO.  2nd in the Big 12 with zero chance at winning a NC?

Ok, if that's what you aspire to.