Cowboys @ Patriots

Vic Mackey

So here's the thing.  I am so saddened and weary by the state of Longhorn football.  I don't know the problem, I don't know the answers.  I am hopeful that CDC can right the ship in my remaining years.   The Cowboys, though-I don't give a shit any more.  They are not interested in winning, so why should I be?  When Jerry is dead and gone, assuming I outlive him, maybe I'll be a fan again.  

• Like 1

Just now, mdmost said:

Cowboys will never amount to shit with the Ginger Genius at head coach. Maybe we're finally entering the finale of his time with Dallas. But then Jerry will just get his next yes man because no self-respecting coach wants to work for that moronic sack of monkey shit.  

Yeah I think the only thing holding the Cowboys back from true Glory-Hole is Glory-Hole guy himself. 

Does the team go to another shitbag when some hooker puts too much drugs in his drink?

2 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Garrett is a terrible coach.

Kicking a FG in that end of Pats territory was atrocious.  After that, they weren't going to score a TD.

How do you know?

They were humming down the field with ease until they got jobbed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Ya would've gotten a flag on that too. It doesn't matter what the playcall is, the outcome is going to be the same. Clutch flags when the Patriots need them is the game. Not a single holding called against them as well. Some teams are just more equal than others.

Maybe so but that should have been a run play. You have 2 plays to get one yard.

And then on the 3rd and 11, you run an all curls play where every single route was in front of the sticks? Shit will never change here.

1 minute ago, futureman said:

anyone not named belichick would take this job.  fans who think coaches from all over the league wouldn’t be fighting each other to coach the dallas cowboys are morons. 

Should've got Andy Reid then, but he doesn't want to work for Jurrah either

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Maybe so but that should have been a run play. You have 2 plays to get one yard.

And then on the 3rd and 11, you run an all curls play where every single route was in front of the sticks? Shit will never change here.

Plus "ole reliable" Witten is a cool story because I don't have to listen to him as an announcer anymore but he sucks. The other TEs can catch.

Just now, Zavala said:

How do you know?

Right but the did that for several drives and bogged down every single one of them. Garrett played not to lose today and fucking lost.

Two different 4th and 2's and we kicked FGs. Inside the redzone and kicks another FG. Not going to win many games playing like that.

And yet again the defense fails to make any game changing plays. No turnovers. No quick 3 and outs when we needed. Giving up field position all day long. They don't get off the hook. But people will point to the point total and say they had a great game. Brady was playing with Edelman and a bunch of nobodies. They played close to the vest in terrible weather. This game was always going to be low scoring. But when are they ever going to make a play with the game on the line? And I mean flipping field position. Not simply forcing punts. Like the drive they forced NE to punt and we got the ball back to win the game. They gave up tons of field position by giving up that long pass to Edelman for an easy 1st down. And then we start 95yds away. It's the little shit like that. This offense constantly has to drive the length and has zero room for error.

2 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Plus "ole reliable" Witten is a cool story because I don't have to listen to him as an announcer anymore but he sucks. The other TEs can catch.

Don't say that to a lot of Dallas fans. He could rape their mother and they wouldn't say a bad thing about him. He gets a free pass with this team and the fans. Comes out of retirement and immediately goes to the top of the depth chart only because he is a teacher's pet. He has no talent left and knows 2 routes. 3 yard outs and 5 yard curls. Then stop and wait to be tackled. Tired of that fucking spare. Jarwin can stretch the field but he will never develop because of this selfish clown. TO and Martellus Bennett already spoke on Witten before but no one listened because it was them. Witten is selfish and only cares about himself. He threw as many tirades on the sidelines as Dez but the cameras never showed him because we all know why. Funny how Martellus goes elsewhere and has really good seasons. Witten will never let another TE develop behind him. Hard to develop in this league if you aren't playing regularly. Not getting as many reps in camp and practice. Not being fully assimilated in the offense. So then fans automatically think they suck because they aren't seeing the field.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cap Hooked said:

You’re a retarded boot-licker

Tell me exactly what’s wrong about my statement. I watch every minute of every game both these teams play. Garrett sucks, Herman sucks and both teams are badly out coached on a weekly basis. I agree the refs suck but they are not the reason that these teams can’t line up correctly, field a kick, make good coaching decisions, etc.

1 minute ago, FloridaHorn said:

Tell me exactly what’s wrong about my statement. I watch every minute of every game both these teams play. Garrett sucks, Herman sucks and both teams are badly out coached on a weekly basis. I agree the refs suck but they are not the reason that these teams can’t line up correctly, field a kick, make good coaching decisions, etc.

The two issues are unrelated and each has its effect on the game. Maybe without the tripping calls they win despite the coaching idiocy. Maybe without the coaching idiocy they win despite the bad penalties. 

Pats playing with a duct tape offense, at best. 

11 minutes ago, Zavala said:

How do you know?

"Humming" down the filed.    Right.    They hadn't scored a TD in the first 58 minutes of the game and then they are going to go 65 yards, even with that penalty, into the end zone, with that defense and that weather, and not having done shit prior to it. 

Ok.

3 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Pats playing with a duct tape offense, at best. 

"Humming" down the filed.    Right.    They hadn't scored a TD in the first 58 minutes of the game and then they are going to go 65 yards, even with that penalty, into the end zone, with that defense and that weather, and not having done shit prior to it. 

Ok.

That particular drive looked good.

18 yd pass first play to Cobb.

Drop by Witten

9 yd pass to Gallop

Pickup the first down on an easy pass but OH THERE'S A FLAG. For what? Nothing, just a flag on the Cowboys.

Momentum killed

10 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Don't say that to a lot of Dallas fans. He could rape their mother and they wouldn't say a bad thing about him. He gets a free pass with this team and the fans. Comes out of retirement and immediately goes to the top of the depth chart only because he is a teacher's pet. He has no talent left and knows 2 routes. 3 yard outs and 5 yard curls. Then stop and wait to be tackled. Tired of that fucking spare. Jarwin can stretch the field but he will never develop because of this selfish clown. TO and Martellus Bennett already spoke on Witten before but no one listened because it was them. Witten is selfish and only cares about himself. He threw as many tirades on the sidelines as Dez but the cameras never showed him because we all know why. Funny how Martellus goes elsewhere and has really good seasons. Witten will never let another TE develop behind him. Hard to develop in this league if you aren't playing regularly. Not getting as many reps in camp and practice. Not being fully assimilated in the offense. So then fans automatically think they suck because they aren't seeing the field.

You've tried this bit before and it's still bullshit.

Witten owes nobody under him a fucking lesson one in football.  That's what the coaches are for, where you may have a valid point, with which most of us agree.

Just now, Iceman said:

You've tried this bit before and it's still bullshit.

Witten owes nobody under him a fucking lesson one in football.  That's what the coaches are for, where you may have a valid point, with which most of us agree.

But just playing him over other guys sucks. They are doing it because he came out of retirement and the story and blah blah

Just now, Zavala said:

Yeah two first downs is moving, they got denied by the refs on the second one, shits fucked

They weren't going t get into the end one.   Belichick had their heads on a swivel, the entire game.  Nothing magical was going to happen over that last 65 yards.

If you want to blame go back to the pathetic punt protection that lead to Slater's block.

Game was lost, then.

5 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

They weren't going t get into the end one.   Belichick had their heads on a swivel, the entire game.  Nothing magical was going to happen over that last 65 yards.

If you want to blame go back to the pathetic punt protection that lead to Slater's block.

Game was lost, then.

Quit acting like you know what would have happened. 

I don't care who's covering who, you trade a first round pick for a receiver and he doesn't get a single catch, I think about two targets the entire game, and that's a big problem.

Maybe it's better to have "nobody" receivers, so the other team doesn't know who to shut down, like the guy nobody ever heard of that killed the Cowboys on every big down today.

8 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

They need to adios the “rules experts” as a part of the broadcast. It’s basically just a dude sent by the league to cover for bad calls. Basically just to tell us that we didn’t see what we all clearly saw. Or vice versa. 

They add nothing. 

Pierra was just being Pierra. He was the worst head judge in football, now he's the worst "expert" TV official guy. The Monday Night guy is actually pretty decent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DougO said:

I don't care who's covering who, you trade a first round pick for a receiver and he doesn't get a single catch, I think about two targets the entire game, and that's a big problem.

Maybe it's better to have "nobody" receivers, so the other team doesn't know who to shut down, like the guy nobody ever heard of that killed the Cowboys on every big down today.

It ain’t about the players right now. It’s about coaching. 

we should combine the Cowboys and Horns thread into 1. Same shit. 

31 minutes ago, DougO said:

Maybe it's better to have "nobody" receivers, so the other team doesn't know who to shut down,

do you have dementia?  dak was statistically the worst starting quarterback in the history of the league last year before cooper showed up.  you’re just full of great ideas.