6figs/"Trust the Hamm" greatest hits

Machinator

I've known Jordan's brother my whole life, we were the same age, played with him all through Jr. High and High School, and I've known their family, plus my mom was Jordan's kindergarten teacher, their entire family are SMU and Texas fans.

Edited by Bevoball
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bevoball said:

I've known Jordan's brother my whole life, we were the same age, played with him all through Jr. High and High School, and I've known their family, plus my mom was Jordan's kindergarten teacher, their entire family are SMU and Texas fans.

giphy.gif

36 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

These people.

First I'll address Whittington. Being from his hometown, not knowing him personally as I've been gone for 15+ years, but knowing some of his family and others: A&M was not his dream school. I think he liked Sumlin and that whole vibe more than A&M. I know his bro went to SMU, but really wanted to go to Texas (offer never came, + SMU is where their uncle went and set some school records as RB. Won SB with Raiders). From what I know, once Whittington came of age to really pay attention, he liked the Horns. So no, A&M wasn't "a dream". As a matter of fact, his commitment video hints to him always wanting to be a Longhorn.

#2. As for people moving to Odessa Permian: Permian had it's shadier sides, but people were moving out there for the Oil Field. And yes, if you're moving out to West TX to be closer to your job, and you have a kid who looks like he can be a stud football player, you're probably gunna choose the town/side of town with the better football team. + the local kids were really just that good back then. It happens.

Assgs are funny.

Well there's that and the fact that only one of the two schools were busted giving money to recruits. Even in the time period specified.  

Haha. Claiming that A&M won't play the pay game is hilarious. Why the hell would someone willingly move to College Station if there wasn't money involved? The aggy ring doesn't mean jack to anyone other than other aggys, and its really only good for entry level jobs in an aggy company. So if you wanna put that ring on and earn entry level aggy money the rest of your life, knock yourself out. 

That aggy ring isn’t nothing to play with 

First they encourage you to suck it out of a mug of beer. Then you can be as careless as you want with it until you lose it. Then you can post your tale of woe online and your fellow aggy rubes will take up a collection to buy you another one to lose without inquiring why your sorry ass can’t afford another one.

Sounds like the definition of something to play with 

• Like 2

So was it basically that aggy said we will pay you X for committing now and not going up to OU and we'll even take pictures of your car at a shitty, no-name tire shop as cover? But if you head up to Norman that deal for X might not be so sweet later? Is it the typical car salesman pitch to avoid having you leave the lot, compare prices, and then sleep on the decision?

1 hour ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Those creepy fuckers really took a picture of the dads car getting his tire repaired? And then wrote an article about it? 

Who do you think put the nail in the tire?

Carter will fit right in with those retards.

And Paul Pesek clearly never took an English class at A&M. Or maybe he did.

4 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

These people.

First I'll address Whittington. Being from his hometown, not knowing him personally as I've been gone for 15+ years, but knowing some of his family and others: A&M was not his dream school. I think he liked Sumlin and that whole vibe more than A&M. I know his bro went to SMU, but really wanted to go to Texas (offer never came, + SMU is where their uncle went and set some school records as RB. Won SB with Raiders). From what I know, once Whittington came of age to really pay attention, he liked the Horns. So no, A&M wasn't "a dream". As a matter of fact, his commitment video hints to him always wanting to be a Longhorn.

#2. As for people moving to Odessa Permian: Permian had it's shadier sides, but people were moving out there for the Oil Field. And yes, if you're moving out to West TX to be closer to your job, and you have a kid who looks like he can be a stud football player, you're probably gunna choose the town/side of town with the better football team. + the local kids were really just that good back then. It happens.

Assgs are funny.

Not that I disagree with any of this but the "aggy is my dream school" guy they're discussing was Ossai, right?

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Not that I disagree with any of this but the "aggy is my dream school" guy they're discussing was Ossai, right?

In the first reply, from the Kim-Anderson Perkins Smith Django De Craig Biggio lady. I took it as her saying that like Ossai, Shep and Whit's dream school was A&M. Maybe I misinterpreted. If so, let's pretend I didn't.

1 hour ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Hamm0739010aca7f46243026322be1d188e3.jpg2231233ca9c47c26c6cb968aae5ab9a3.jpgd6d2b1cd10c244d8550dc4ea9431ddcd.jpg413287ea6d29af5b276a32d25fc64f56.jpg2c0738efc539fff6c0482b27e1285828.jpg2f69b537bad089e78b86080cde31edfc.jpgf831692f91e4f849fbfadd8965e152ee.jpg8deec6f0b92d37ad9051403e761a980c.jpg95b380b7be7c3a3ddbb063a03fefede0.jpg

Hamm keeps fucking that chicken that this class -- which hasn't even inked on the dotted line yet, BTW -- is "arguably the most talented defensive back class ever chronicled." Didn't somebody on this very thread make a pretty strong case it doesn't even beat out Herman's haul of DB's just this past cycle?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Hamm keeps fucking that chicken that this class -- which hasn't even inked on the dotted line yet, BTW -- is "arguably the most talented defensive back class ever chronicled." Didn't somebody on this very thread make a pretty strong case it doesn't even beat out Herman's haul of DB's just this past cycle?

If greatest ever Db class they have assembled is happening,  let's see them do it two years in a row. Same negative shit about numbers we are seeing right will haunt them next year. 

52 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I mean, on any real definition ours was better. Higher ranked, had actual cornerbacks, zero headcases, etc.

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

WTF is he talking about in response to the "knockout blow" question?    Sounds like more toilet smurf delusion, but I don't know the context of his response.

Referring to EJ's article about Shepherd's commitment, where he called it a "knockout blow" to A&M.

Edited by Machinator

Didn't somebody on this very thread make a pretty strong case it doesn't even beat out Herman's haul of DB's just this past cycle? 

Shit Mackovic had a starting defensive backfield of Tre Thomas, Taje Allen, Bryant Westbrook, and Chris Carter at one point and three of those guys played multiple years in the NFL, maybe A&M should wait and see if these guys actually sign their LOIs and get into school and play a down of fuckin football before annointing them

11 minutes ago, Angry Gorilla said:

Does it really take that long to fix a nail in a tire at "House of Tires" that the dad needed to get a hotel room?  Last time I had a nail in my tire they had it plugged and ready to go in <10 min.

I took my wife's vehicle to one of the last remaining full service stations in Houston not long ago to get a nail removed and plug.  Those dudes knocked it on in less than 5 minutes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

I took my wife's vehicle to one of the last remaining full service stations in Houston not long ago to get a nail removed and plug.  Those dudes knocked it on in less than 5 minutes.

I think I know which one you're talking about. Exxon at chimney rock and San Felipe? They're legit. 

1 hour ago, Angry Gorilla said:

Does it really take that long to fix a nail in a tire at "House of Tires" that the dad needed to get a hotel room?  Last time I had a nail in my tire they had it plugged and ready to go in <10 min.

Let's not forget the fact that these were aggy tire "techs". I'm surprised they only had to spend one extra night in College Station.

• Haha 1