The Batshit Insane QAnon Conspiracy Theory

Hugo Stiglitz

Couldn't happen to a better family:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/michael-flynns-family-is-at-war-with-each-other-over-qanon?ref=home

Michael Flynn’s family members appear to be at war with each other over the QAnon conspiracy theory and whether Flynn himself is playing a role in it. 

Flynn, who served briefly as Donald Trump’s national security adviser, became a martyr figure for QAnon believers after taking a plea deal from Special Counsel Robert Mueller for lying about his Russia contacts. Many QAnon fans, who have seized on a series of internet clues posted by the anonymous Q to imagine a world in which Trump is engaged in a secret war against high-ranking Democratic pedophiles, think Flynn is, in fact, secretly working with Mueller to help Trump defeat the deep state. The most ardent of those fans add three “star” emojis to their Twitter handles, a reference to Flynn’s status as a retired three-star general. Some even claim that Flynn himself is “Q.”

“They think he’s an essential part of the story, they think that he actually didn’t do anything wrong,” said Travis View, a researcher who studies the QAnon phenomenon.

Because of Flynn’s role in QAnon lore, believers of the conspiracy theory are desperate for him to confirm that QAnon is real. But Flynn has never discussed the conspiracy theory publicly.

Into that void, his family members have stepped—but not with a unified voice. Instead, they’ve come down on opposite sides of the conspiracy, with his siblings Joseph Flynn and Barbara Redgate eagerly signaling support to QAnon believers, and his son Michael Flynn Jr. becoming a vocal QAnon skeptic.

Spoiler

The family divide came into sharp focus last week, when Joseph Flynn tweeted just one letter, “Q,” prompting QAnon believers to rejoice. His Twitter mentions subsequently filled up with happy QAnon fans, who posted Q memes and “#WWG1WGA,” a reference to the conspiracy theory’s motto, “Where we go one, we go all.” 

Flynn later deleted the tweet, claiming his Twitter account had been hacked. But even in backing away, he gave a nod to QAnon believers, saying he may have been hacked by “the team”—a seeming reference to the theory that Q is aided by the “Q team,” a mythical group of hackers working on Trump’s behalf.

“He clearly knew what he was doing, he was signaling to the QAnon community,” View said.

Redgate is even more prominent in the QAnon community than Joseph Flynn. She’s frequently tweeting “#WWG1WGA,” promoted a QAnon-themed rock song, and even appeared on Patriot’s Soapbox, a 24-hour YouTube livestream devoted to promoting QAnon. The channel’s creators played a key role in QAnon’s initial spread.

Giving credibility to QAnon isn’t a harmless internet game. One armed QAnon believer allegedly blocked a bridge near the Hoover Dam with an armored truck, while another QAnon believer has been charged with murder after allegedly killing his brother with a sword because he had become convinced his brother was a lizard.  And not everyone in Flynn’s family has been willing to be associated with the the community or the conspiracy.

Though he was a one-time believer in the Pizzagate conspiracy theory, which later grew into QAnon, Michael Flynn Jr. has become a committed QAnon skeptic, frequently clashing with QAnon fans on Twitter before deleting his account earlier this year. Those clashes came to a head last September, after his father signed a copy of his memoir with “WWG1WGA.” QAnon believers took this as proof, straight from Flynn, that QAnon was real.

But Flynn Jr. wasn’t having it. In a series of tweets, he told his father’s supporters to “stop with the conspiracy theories.” The retired general, Flynn Jr. tweeted, has “ZERO to do with ‘Q.’”

"He was asked to write that,” Flynn Jr. tweeted. “Enough of the conspiracy theories.”

After issuing those tweets, QAnon believers turned on Flynn Jr., accusing him of being an agent controlled by the sinister “deep state.” 

Why the younger Flynn takes such a different approach to that of his aunt and uncle isn’t clear. The son has never called them out, as  least publicly. And none of the Flynns responded to requests for comment.

But things got even more tense last November after Flynn Jr. tweeted a referral link to a 23andme DNA test kit. Flynn Jr. was presumably just trying to make some money through the link, which would have given him an Amazon gift card for each order made by one of his followers. 

Paranoid QAnon believers, convinced by earlier Q claims that 23andme is yet another deep-state conspiracy, saw the promotion as more proof that Flynn Jr. had been compromised. Flynn Jr., one QAnon believer wrote, was up to some “deep state crap.”

Still, Flynn Jr. hasn’t been entirely excommunicated from QAnon-world. Instead, many QAnon believers have just become convinced that his ridicule is all part of the long-term QAnon plan. 

“I’m faking that I don’t believe in this, but I really do believe in it,” is how Mike Rothschild, a conspiracy theory researcher who studies QAnon, described the belief that Flynn Jr.’s denials are actually proof of his belief.

There has to be a network of people responsible for Qanon because it wasn’t a thing that slowly grew over time.  Within a week of the first drops on 4chan that shit was all over the Internet like wildfire.  That doesn’t happen without a small army of propagating mules spreading the word. 

20 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

There has to be a network of people responsible for Qanon because it wasn’t a thing that slowly grew over time.  Within a week of the first drops on 4chan that shit was all over the Internet like wildfire.  That doesn’t happen without a small army of propagating mules spreading the word. 

Gonna have to be a "RUSSIA DID IT" stereotypical lib here. But this shit has Russia's fingerprints all over it. An online conspiracy theory that paints all US Intelligence apparatus as subversive, immoral, and full of pedophiles? I mean, this is the most perfect narrative a Rusky intelligence psyops agent could have ever crafted. It's straight up wish fulfillment for gullible idiots. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It grew slower than you think   It helped that its base audience already existed - the birther and anti-Hillary Clinton crowd, and that’s before we get into the Alex Jones crowd (who overlapped with the birther/anti-Hill crowd).  Jones was a millionaire long before QAnon happened.   

There is a sizable audience of people receptive to batshit conspiracy theories, with the internet magnifying their voices, while also helping to heavily reinforce their confirmation bias.  There is a threshold of sorts, where something hits X amount of views and then just explodes into a more mainstream standing of sorts   Happens all the time with TV shows, YouTube videos er

I can believe it grew organically.  We have movie trailers that hit 250 million views in 24 hours.  We can have somebody doing something racially-tinged, and it’s racking up millions of views in a day. 

I can also believe that the Russkis helped it along.  Lightning in a bottle as well.   They were probably already knee-deep in the various conparacy theories out there, as far as keeping tabs on them.  This bubbles to the surface, and they can quicklly amplify it to the rest of the internet.  

Unfortunately I got curious and went down the rabbit hole and visited both 8chan and SECRant/TigerDroppings politics board.  Is there room on the ledge?  This country is full of fucking morons who are too stupid to be saved.

• Like 6
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

"I met Dilara almost two(2) years ago when we both were looking at a picture of a man with his head stuck up an elephant’s ass. We both wrote a comment in regard to the picture and seem to instantly become friends. We seemed to be genetically matched in a lot of ways. She allowed me to read Love Goat and I knew instantly that she was a very talented young lady who wasn’t going to let anything stop her from goals. I feel so very fortunate to be considered a friend of Dilara."

- Jerry Brown.

no shit...it's on her blog.

she's batshit crazy as fuck all, and i want to fuck her goddamn eyes out.  

On 3/18/2019 at 3:13 PM, Grandioso said:

Can we fucking undo the internet already? It will be tough saying goodbye to this place and all the lulz, but I'm ready. 

Before we do that I need to download a couple thousand ummmm...... videos. Give me a couple days please. 

On 3/21/2019 at 8:55 PM, Tom said:

Unfortunately I got curious and went down the rabbit hole and visited both 8chan and SECRant/TigerDroppings politics board.  Is there room on the ledge?  This country is full of fucking morons who are too stupid to be saved.

"Kyle" thought this was neg-worthy.  I did what I could.

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

How can a real Trump supporter be so insightful yet not see the con/cult angle of Trump?  

I guess it’s possible but that guy is a unicorn if he’s really a Trumpublican. 

When are you going to rename the Mueller thread to  "the Batshit Insane Trump Russia Conspiracy Theory" ?

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, EuroHorn said:

When are you going to rename the Mueller thread to  "the Batshit Insane Trump Russia Conspiracy Theory" ?

If QAnon were an individual appointed to the role of special council to investigate the sitting president of the united states and his campaign who in turn indicted 34 individuals including 6 individuals of Trump's campaign........then you might have a point. 

Although, as it stands Q always has been and remains a "batshit insane conspiracy theory" while the  Trump Russia investigation was very real and bore fruit. 

On 3/21/2019 at 9:09 PM, Lurch said:

I go to their twitter pages on occasion and it’s pretty incredible to behold. They’re permanently damaged, imo.

One day we will finally have a Wizard of Oz "man behind the curtain" moment and Q will turn out to be a group of nine 17 year-olds from El Segundo. 

Either that or the Russians.

5 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

No surprise that there's an almost 500 page thread on Q on Texags and it seems about 99% of the posts are from true believers.

There is no redeeming these people.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2921132/483

I've perused that thread before out of curiosity. I guess those are the kind of intellects you get when you accept 70% of your applicants. 

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

No surprise that there's an almost 500 page thread on Q on Texags and it seems about 99% of the posts are from true believers.

There is no redeeming these people.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2921132/483

My old LSU Board has a 4300 page thread on Q

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/politics/q-p4284-trump-talking-dark-to-light---unraveling-toe-thread/73190719/

No surprise I’m permabanned from that forum.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz