Michigan - Ohio State

IDIOTsavant

8 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Except A&M has never made it to the playoff. Or won a conference title since the turn of the millenium. Or even made it to a conference title game since the turn of the millenium.

Michigan State lost 0-38 in their lone playoff appearance that is a very A&M score 

http://www.winsipedia.com/michigan-state/vs/texas-am

2 hours ago, Horn_Spanker said:

I married a couch burner, but Michigan gets legal weed on 12/1.  I'm torn...

OSU in-laws very much see this as a rivalry.  Biggest game of the year for them.

I don't get the whole "Well, we beat them four years out of every five, so they are not really our rival." If you want to rile up an aggy it's decent smack talk but bullshit when talking among friends.

Despite our 9-3 record vs aggy this century, I still regard them as our rival because I hate them and always will even if we start playing them again and beat them every year 70-0. And I am old enough to feel the same way about Arkansas, too. 

Ohio St and Michigan will always be rivals too. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator

4 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Just because your rival also dominates you, it doesn't make you comparable to Michigan. The snarky/sarcastic sense of humor on Shaggy/Surly is more like that found on SpartanTailgate back before they joined the 247 Sports network. 

Ive always compared shaggy/surly as more of an Illinois crowd

13 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

May be best game today... The Big House is a great stadium to see a game and should be on every CFB fan's Bucket List...

Tailgating at the golf course by the stadium is a fun in a lot of ways...

If you're sitting anywhere close to the field, have fun getting out of the stadium after the game is over. 

Just now, MaybeACoordinator said:

I don't get the whole "Well, we beat them four years out of five, so they are not really our rival." If you want to rile up an aggy it's decent smack talk but bullshit when talking among friends.

Despite our 9-3 record vs aggy this century, I still regard them as our rival because I hate them and always will even if we start playing them again and beat them every year 70-0. And I am old enough to feel the same way about Arkansas, too. 

Ohio St and Michigan will always be rivals too. 

It's all about daily life.  If you are constantly around people who are from or fans of the other school, it adds another layer that goes beyond the actual game.  If you live in Houston, you work and are around aggy 24/7, so back when the game was played you were def. invested in the outcome of the game no matter how dominate you are in the series is. 

• Like 1

Just now, UTEX_ME said:

It's all about daily life.  If you are constantly around people who are from or fans of the other school, it adds another layer that goes beyond the actual game.  If you live in Houston, you work and are around aggy 24/7, so back when the game was played you were def. invested in the outcome of the game no matter how dominate you are in the series is. 

Yeah, and so many of us are cursed with weird aggy branches of the family. 

006_QUAID_THEN.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Just remember because so many people on this site can't seem to figure this out...

Michigan = Texas

Ohio State = Oklahoma

Michigan State = Texas A&M

Never root for Sooners even their shitbird cousins to the north.

But I have no ties to any of these teams so rooting for Ohio St is not like rooting for the Sooners in any way for me.

6 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Player hit clearly out of bounds. Announcer says didn’t look too egregious 

Texas player hits player in bounds. Announcer says flag should be thrown 

our conference sucks 

Because of the announcers?

• Like 1