2018 Texas Rangers thread

BigDHornfan

7 hours ago, Saint Austin said:

Do we really blame Profar there? Isn’t that more on Tocci or the first base coach for trying to reach 2nd in the first place?

You don't see it happen very often, but I'll bet the coaches have it figured out now. Realistically, you just plain don't try for second base on that. Assuming two fast runners, there's no guarantee that the guy on third gets home before the runner is tagged out at second (or that the refs will call it correctly). The game is on the line, so yep, it's one of those two. Nevertheless, Profar shouldn't have been fucking around, IMHO. Take care of business.

4 hours ago, Dr Fear said:

I think the more interesting situation is how much longer Jeff Banister coaches this team.

This probably mean Banister is good until 2020 or so unless the Rangers have multiple bad years. 

Edited by Jameslaw121

12 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

+1 in the JD Camp here. He built a team that played more than 162 games in 6 out of 8 years. Going for it a couple of those years and being buyers are what’s hurting now. I’ve got faith this will be turned back around.

Certainly hope so. After many years of frustration, got spoiled for several seasons. Never in wildest dreams would have thought they would do what they did in '10 and '11.

It is not so much that I am extending Daniels in general but the timing is bad. And it screams this organization being tone deaf. 2014, 2017 and now 2018 will be terrible. That is 3 of the last 5 years. And we decide while in the midst of this terrible season to extend the guy in charge of all this? Meh. I do not like living in the past. 2010 and 2011 were great but that is nearing a decade ago. Since 2011, we have won a total of 2 playoff games. 2! And both of those came in 2015. I think the Rangers and Mavs could both use a fresh and new perspective in the GM position. Although for the Mavs, it's more of Cuban that needs to move on and not so much their GM. 

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

It is not so much that I am extending Daniels in general but the timing is bad. And it screams this organization being tone deaf. 2014, 2017 and now 2018 will be terrible. That is 3 of the last 5 years. And we decide while in the midst of this terrible season to extend the guy in charge of all this? Meh. I do not like living in the past. 2010 and 2011 were great but that is nearing a decade ago. Since 2011, we have won a total of 2 playoff games. 2! And both of those came in 2015. I think the Rangers and Mavs could both use a fresh and new perspective in the GM position. Although for the Mavs, it's more of Cuban that needs to move on and not so much their GM. 

JD dropped the ball on pitchers. He spent too much on Odor. From what I've seen, they could use a better hitting coach.

• Like 1