Dallas Cowboys 2020 Offseason Thread -- 25th Anniversary of Mediocrity

Patrick Bateman

If I understand things correctly, Dallas was looking at Riggs in the first, Gallimore in the 2nd, anae in the 3rd or 4th.  And got them all a round later, plus lamb?

That’s what I’ve heard from
The Dallas guys on the radio.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Drew said:

That’s what I’ve heard from
The Dallas guys on the radio.

Does make me wonder a little about their board and how far off it was from other teams, if all their grades are still there a round later. Without lamb dropping, do they  pick Riggs and then gallimore and are pleased with themselves?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

How about best draft since 2016? Let’s start there. Got 3 starters still (Collins was a starter but is no in Oakland, so 4 really) and our Nickle Corner in that draft. Tough to top it.

If you're referring to La'el, we didn't draft him. We signed him as a free agent.

...so he can't really be counted in a "best draft" comparison.

19 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If I understand things correctly, Dallas was looking at Riggs in the first, Gallimore in the 2nd, anae in the 3rd or 4th.  And got them all a round later, plus lamb?

It's a conspiracy. The league needs its most valuable franchise to get out of its 25 year slump. With Ginger gone, we may be on to something now.

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

questioned at the time.  clearly he was a good pick, though.  do you not agree?

indeed.  i mentioned hind sight playing in.   Absolutely worth the pick after seeing it played out.  I was just describing where questions might have come from at the time.  It was never about his ability, as in, "Ah man, they drafted a shitty center."  It was always a question of if they could have gotten more for that first pick than they did with their actual 2nd. That's all.

2nd guessing and armchair drafting is a lot easier on the fans than the actual GMs and team administrators.

Does make me wonder a little about their board and how far off it was from other teams, if all their grades are still there a round later. Without lamb dropping, do they  pick Riggs and then gallimore and are pleased with themselves?

Well every one of their pics has been there much later than the consensus(except Robinson where it was mixed).

So maybe some teams just had different boards.

I’ve heard that since, outside of the combine, coaches and scouts didn’t get mingle at pro days and individual workouts, a lot of the group think about players didn’t happen. So Dallas May have been lower or higher on guys than other teams and vise versa.

But honestly you can look at all the top 100 boards and mock drafts and see Dallas had a great draft based on the consensus of those(who most talk to teams to help build their boards) so we should be pretty ecstatic anyways.

If you're referring to La'el, we didn't draft him. We signed him as a free agent.
...so he can't really be counted in a "best draft" comparison.

Cmon man, I specifically said someone that’s in Oakland now and that’s Maleik Collins.

He did go to Oakland right?

44 minutes ago, Drew said:

Cmon man, I specifically said someone that’s in Oakland now and that’s Maleik Collins.

He did go to Oakland right?

No one is in Oakland anymore.  It's Vegas now.  But half of our departures are there...okay four. 

Departures

Position Player Age 2020 team
WR Tavon Austin 30 TBD
WR Randall Cobb 30 Houston Texans
TE Jason Witten 38 Las Vegas Raiders
OT Cameron Fleming 28 New York Giants
G Xavier Su'a-Filo 29 Cincinnati Bengals
C Travis Frederick 29 Retired
DE Michael Bennett 35 TBD
DE Kerry Hyder 29 San Francisco 49ers
DE Robert Quinn 30 Chicago Bears
DT Maliek Collins 25 Las Vegas Raiders
DT Christian Covington 27 TBD
DT Daniel Ross 27 Las Vegas Raiders
LB Ray-Ray Armstrong 29 TBD
LB Malcolm Smith 31 TBD
CB Byron Jones 28 Miami Dolphins
SS Kavon Frazier 26 TBD
SS Jeff Heath 29 Las Vegas Raiders

Some stuff on DiNucci.

He's a transfer from Pitt.  He's skinny and has a mediocre arm..... what could go wrong?  I guess a PS guy and reportedly was thought to be going to Chicago to join DeFiippo but guess Dallas wanted to add him without bidding for him.  Weird pick.  He has very little upside IMO, but whatever.... Romo part deux!!!!   Not really.

And there's this...

Edited by Patrick Bateman

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/4/25/21235879/nfl-draft-2020-dallas-cowboys-undrafted-free-agent-signings-tracker

Get busy signing some UDFA's from 2020 Draft Cowboys...

Already four:

• TCU RB Sewo Olonilua (via Bobby Belt)
  • UAB DT Garrett Marino (via Terez Paylor)
  • UNT EDGE Ladarius Hamilton (via Tom Pelissero)
  • Utah LB Francis Bernard (via Josh Newman)

Edited by LTtxfan

22 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Some NFL Network analyst says the Eagles are the team that improved the most through the draft -- anybody believe that?

I like their 3rd day and they got really fast with the WR's they chose and Goodwin.  Player to player I prefer our draft especially if you burn a top 60 pick on a backup and can't play.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Some NFL Network analyst says the Eagles are the team that improved the most through the draft -- anybody believe that?

Dolphins, Ravens, Vikings and 49ers seemed to draft well this draft.

Brown's, Colts and Panthers may have quietly improved a lot too??

Edited by LTtxfan