Michael Cohen Investigation

DanTheHorn

Just now, Buzzrock said:

No I get it. I just don't like it. Again, Rush and Hannity do that shit a lot. I admit I've listened to them on occasion because the only news radio in my town plays those guys in the afternoon (I don't have satellite radio). They are fucking awful.

Hypocrisy needs to be pointed out. Especially when it is this bold and brazen 

2 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

No I get it. I just don't like it. Again, Rush and Hannity do that shit a lot. I admit I've listened to them on occasion because the only news radio in my town plays those guys in the afternoon (I don't have satellite radio). They are fucking awful.

Time to make the switch to podcasts my man

A federal judge on Monday rejected an attempt by President Trump and his longtime personal lawyer, Michael D. Cohen, to block prosecutors in Manhattan from immediately reviewing a trove of materials seized in F.B.I. raids last week on Mr. Cohen’s office, home, hotel room and safe deposit box.

But feeling her way toward a resolution of the clash involving Mr. Trump and prosecutors investigating Mr. Cohen, the judge, Kimba M. Wood, signaled that she was considering appointing a special master to assist prosecutors if and when they cull through documents seized in the raids.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Hypocrisy needs to be pointed out. Especially when it is this bold and brazen 

But in this case it's not hypocrisy, it's hypothesizing. "Guys, can you imagine what would happen IF..."

When they are actually being hypocrites then yeah, hang em high. The fantasization is unnecessary.

Just now, chainsaw said:

Time to make the switch to podcasts my man

Podcasts have pretty much saved me. The morning show is a Libertarian so I usually listen to yesterday's show in podcast form when I'm driving around. Bonus: no commercials. It's kind of amazing: AM talk radio condenses by almost exactly 50% when you take out the commercials.

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

I’ve beeb listening to hannity and rush about once a week for almost a decade now. However I do it more to keep track of the crazies 

You have admirable tolerance for stupidity.  I lost interest in their opinions about midway through the Obama administration.  It's usually predictable anyway.

1 minute ago, Buzzrock said:

Fine. Enjoy your approach, Hannity.

I’m not sure why you take issue with this. Just because they say “can you imagine” doesn’t mean that this entire situation doesn’t deserve to be called out as yet another hypocritical projection from hannity and the right.

1 hour ago, sachick said:

So what's a Special Master?

200.gif

Generally it’s An attorney/magistrate/judge specially assigned to handle discovery disputes. Here it would seem the Special Master would be tasked with identifying any potential privilege and sharing with the parties for opportunity to object. Judge wants specific people recommendations as well as process/scope recommendations. Implications are if those aren’t satisfactory, review will be handled by SDNY

Edited by Pig Bellmont
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

I’m not sure why you take issue with this. Just because they say “can you imagine” doesn’t mean that this entire situation doesn’t deserve to be called out as yet another hypocritical projection from hannity and the right.

I'm scrolling back but I can't find where I said that.

My issue is with the talking tactic of "Can you imagine what would happen if someone from our team..." that Hannity and Rush use ALL THE TIME. You should know that as a regular listener. It's a tactic designed to whip up a frenzy amongst people who agree with you without talking about anything of actual substance.

2 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I'm scrolling back but I can't find where I said that.

My issue is with the talking tactic of "Can you imagine what would happen if someone from our team..." that Hannity and Rush use ALL THE TIME. You should know that as a regular listener. It's a tactic designed to whip up a frenzy amongst people who agree with you without talking about anything of actual substance.

It's useful for exposing a hypocrite, but everyone knows Sean Hannity is a hypocrite, so it's of less value with him. Still, it can be a good reminder. 

I agree with that usually. The coverup is almost always worse than the crime, but I don't think that's going to wind up being the case here. They are covering up some really bad shit, but they are sloppy. The shit smells and has attracted too much attention. 

14 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Agree to disagree, can we #moveon?

It is spectacular that Hannity didn't disclose this earlier. When will these guys learn that just owning this shit would work out so much better?

For contrast between Hannity and actual journalism, please see the randomly selected (seriously, it's just the first one my google search found) disclosure that the Texas Tribune has displayed prominently at the end of ANY article that discusses an entity that is a paid sponsor of the Tribune:

Disclosure: The Texas Association of Counties was a corporate sponsor of The Texas Tribune from 2011-13A complete list of Tribune donors and sponsors can be viewed here.

Transparency.

If your news source doesn't have it, then it's not a news source.

Like that matters at all to the audience of mouthbreathers who gobble down whatever shit Hannity feeds them.

Trumpkin: This is outrageous. Kimba Wood is clearly a judicial activist liberal judge who doesn’t follow the constitution.  She’s a New York elite who is paid off by Soros. The fix was in. This is a sham. She’d be perfect on the liberal Ninth Circuit. 

Normal human: She was appointed by Reagan. 

[crickets]

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Here he goes again.

The legal questions I had "never involved any issues between me and any third party".

If that's the case, then it sounds like it's a pretty tenuous claim of privilege.

Subtle way to say that he didn't pay off someone that he had sex with.

Even more subtle way to say that no one will have sex with him.

6 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Trumpkin: This is outrageous. Kimba Wood is clearly a judicial activist liberal judge who doesn’t follow the constitution.  She’s a New York elite who is paid off by Soros. The fix was in. This is a sham. She’d be perfect on the liberal Ninth Circuit. 

Normal human: She was appointed by Reagan. 

[crickets]

Question for you as an attorney: does it bother you at all that Cohen is being compelled to disclose his client list? Do you think that implies that there is evidence of serious crimes by Hannity in concert with Cohen?

No.

No.

Posted by scottsins, ESQ.
  • Like 2

On 4/9/2018 at 4:11 PM, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

That popehat article is good (because it agrees with me).  If a lawyer is to the point of having his shop raided, he passed up fucked a long time ago and can assume he’s at level turbofucked.  

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They are so fucked.

Raided AND tapped.  Is there something above turbofucked?

9 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Imagine if the feds have been keeping dibs on Trump for YEARS due to financial crimes. What if Cohen had been tapped from the very beginning of the presidential campaign. The potential of this is Off. The. Fucking. Charts. 

What if this ties back to the NYT story this time last year that said Trump’s staff had been picked up on taps that started the whole OBAMA TAPPED ME thing.  

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

What if this ties back to the NYT story this time last year that said Trump’s staff had been picked up on taps that started the whole OBAMA TAPPED ME thing.  

I think at minimum, they've been wired since they took office. 

Just heard about the Cohen and Hannity relationship. First thing I thought is Hannity was in need of NDA. From reading the thread others had the same thought. What would just be unreal is if both Trump and Hannity used the same muscle and both get caught.

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Assuming that Hannity is a client of Cohen, what type of legal advice or perspective can Cohen give?  He seems to be an expert on paying off women and maybe about owning a fleet of taxi cabs. I suppose he knows something in regards to real estate law.  

Can Fox really allow Hannity to cover this entire topic when he is now a direct party to a criminal investigation?  His lawyer (Cohen), accordingly to Cohen , had documents related to Hannity taken by the DOJ.  I know Hannity declares himself to be outside the journalistic principles but this would seem to be a problem for Fox. 

Hannity's relationship with Cohen has nothing to do with paying off a woman(that we know of). Cohen's relationship with Hannity was to cover up his involvement with the hacked emails. 

Russia hacks DNC Emails > Russia contacts trump campaign saying "Hey we have dirt on Hillary lets work together" > Trump team works with Russia to release hacked emails with help of US Media (Hannity) for maximum effect. 

This part of the Russian involvement in the 2016 election is pretty clear cut now. 

28 minutes ago, Ted Dantzler said:

Hannity's relationship with Cohen has nothing to do with paying off a woman(that we know of). Cohen's relationship with Hannity was to cover up his involvement with the hacked emails. 

Russia hacks DNC Emails > Russia contacts trump campaign saying "Hey we have dirt on Hillary lets work together" > Trump team works with Russia to release hacked emails with help of US Media (Hannity) for maximum effect. 

This part of the Russian involvement in the 2016 election is pretty clear cut now. 

25 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Good point.  If Cohen hooked Hannity in to a conspiracy with Russian operatives to amplify the stolen emails, that's ballgame.

6 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

^^^ That sounds too good to be true, but at this point it's a potential outcome... Mad Mad World indeed!

This exact scenario has been speculated about for almost a year now. I can't recall the specific details, but I do remember something about Hannity being in contact with Wikileaks which we can now all safely assume was a megaphone for Putin. I'm sure Hugo will show up soon with those details.

Edit: Nevermind, Ted found it. Jump back to previous page.

Edited by bolverk