Michael Cohen Investigation

DanTheHorn

7 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

And yet he had to pay Stormy from a home equity line of credit.

The point is that he's not a lawyer in the traditional sense.  Trump lost on a couple deals to a nobody so he made this nobody into a somebody.  Hence why he's so loyal to Trump.

6 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Heard that this was why Cohen was already being investigated separately--shady Russian real estate deals.

Yeah it's possible that Cohen was into something shady and that's why he was able to get deals done despite having far less capital at his disposal.  It's also possible he was just offering a better deal.

That being said US real estate in general and especially NYC real estate thrives off of foreign buyers.  That's not to cheat the US tax system but the tax system of the originating country.  If you had money in Russia and wanted to get it out of the country and protect it from Putin and his cronies, you'd find a way to get that cash into the USA as fast as possible.  

3 hours ago, Amobie said:

Prior to joining Trump, Cohen was doing commercial real estate deals in NYC and beat Trump out of a few properties.  Trump felt embarrassed because someone with much less capital than him, scooped up properties he was eyeing.  He was getting paid as if he was a consultant but was classified as legal council so Trump wouldn't look bad.  That's why his legal practice had so few clients.  Trump was paying him to help on commercial real estate deals and save himself from potential embarrassment. 

You have a source for that, or is it speculation?

PM read. I honestly don't intend any offense with this, but I don't know you or who you were on the previous board and you vouching for it in a PM with details of how you might know isn't really any better than you just posting about it as you have here. 

You could well be telling the truth, I just have no way of ascertaining that. 

It certainly seems like a plausible story and there ought to be some sources that have been published if so. 

4 minutes ago, Pods said:

PM read. I honestly don't intend any offense with this, but I don't know you or who you were on the previous board and you vouching for it in a PM with details of how you might know isn't really any better than you just posting about it as you have here. 

It certainly seems like a plausible story and there ought to be some sources that have been published if so. 

Considering my political slant, why would I make it up?  This doesn't exactly put Cohen or the President in a good light. 

Reporters will dig and eventually you'll hear about how and why they started working together.  

Just take it with a grain of salt, no offense taken.

Edited by Amobie

1 minute ago, Amobie said:

Considering my political slant, why would I make it up?  This doesn't exactly put Cohen or the President in a good light. 

Reporters will dig and eventually you'll hear about how and why they started working together.  

Def not saying you're making it up. I'm inclined to believe you. I'm just saying I don't really have a solid base to judge you or your credibility yet. This site is brand new and I don't know your username on the old site and you've only got 164 posts on this one.

Things aren't always what they seem on the internet and I've learned to be cautious is all. 

1 minute ago, Pods said:

Def not saying you're making it up. I'm inclined to believe you. I'm just saying I don't really have a solid base to judge you or your credibility yet. This site is brand new and I don't know your username on the old site and you've only got 164 posts on this one.

Things aren't always what they seem on the internet and I've learned to be cautious is all. 

Wait....are you telling me that you're NOT a gorgeous 22 year old coed who wants to spend quality time with me?

Sonofa.....

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Pods said:

If you can't trust an anonymous poster on the Internet, who can you trust?

35 minutes ago, Lurch said:

At this time, a wave of staged auto accidents, involving immigrants from the former Soviet Union who claimed to have been hurt, had led prosecutors to open a massive investigation. They dubbed it Operation Boris, an acronym for Big Organized Russian Insurance Scam. The prosecutorial push resulted in hundreds of convictions.

"Boris. Why always Boris?"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NoRagrets said:

This is the spinoff of the trump reality show that most intrigues me. He's a real life Saul Goodman. I can't imagine all the shady stuff this guy has pulled off and I can't wait to hear about it. Fascinating.

Get the fuck out of here with that trash. 

Saul Goodman was competent, don't lump him in with that other bumbling idiot. 😀

It's admirable that Donald Trump is taking interest in and maneuvering within the Cohen case all to make sure the American people are granted full transparency.  Heh.

Well he is innocent, but he might flip. Just because of how innocent he is. It’s a witch hunt, they have a spell on Cohen. Or maybe it’s black magic, damn you Starbucks.

32 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Ok just making sure. Because from some comments in the thread it sounded like people were accusing Cohen and fatass of doing something illegal in that instance.

I think there's more to come with it. The arrangements were shady and unethical at the least. Cohen was dealing with the same attorney, Keith Davidson, for all three payouts to Stormy Daniels, Karen McDougall and the unnamed playmate. Both Daniels and McDougall have accused Davidson of acting in Cohen's interests and not theirs.

Davidson made the arrangement for McDougall and took it upon himself to contact Cohen and tell him. Cohen then specifically asked Davidson to contact Daniels about the affair. Davidson did and arranged a fee structure and acted as Stormy's attorney without disclosing this to her. 

McDougall was just released from her NDA, so we should get more info from her soon. 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/04/politics/stormy-daniels-karen-mcdougal-deals-keith-davidson-invs/index.html

In one of the more revealing comments, Davidson acknowledged reaching out to Cohen during the final stretch of the 2016 presidential campaign to let him know that he had just negotiated a deal with a powerful media company and McDougal that effectively kept her allegations of an affair with Trump out of public view.

He did so even though neither Cohen nor Trump were official parties to the case. He deemed the call "a professional courtesy."

He denied that there was anything improper about the call. A few weeks after that call, Davidson said, Cohen called him saying he was hearing some rumblings that Daniels was trying to resurface allegations that she'd had sex with Trump in 2006. Cohen asked Davidson, who he knew had represented Daniels years earlier, to see if he could "find out what's going on," Davidson said. Soon after, Davidson brokered a deal with Cohen in which Daniels was paid $130,000 to keep quiet about her alleged tryst with Trump.

Edited by Pods
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Damn how many Courics is that turd?

1/4 Altuves. Literally. It's a fossilized turd, presumably a T. rex*, and it's 17 inches long. 

*(no way to ID for sure, but there are ground up and gastric acid etched bones in the turd and T. rex is the only known thing big enough in the part of the country it was found in at that time to drop that large of a duece) 

Edited by Pods

1 minute ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Are dino poops more rare than dino skulls?

Fossilized poop isn't actually that rare, but being able to identify it to the species that made it is really rare. There aren't that many diagnostic things. 

Dinosaur skulls are rare because they attach very loosely to the back of the skull and have very thin walled bones in lots of places, so they are really fragile. Because almost all of our fossils are found in sediment that was moved by water, frequently the skull is swept away and bashed up. 

The above doesn't apply to horned dinosaurs. They have huge, robust heads and we find those decently frequently. 

• Like 1