2020 Texas HS football

LTtxfan

On 12/22/2020 at 6:58 PM, Helobious said:

Underestimate SA Taft at your own peril. They finally have a solid core together after getting pillaged by Brennan & Harlan opening. Their QB Malvern is a pretty underrated player. I’m actually picking Taft over Hays in that one. 

Hays - 62

Taft - 41

Just 3 touchdowns here or there and we’re looking at a very different outcome. Malvern didn’t play for some reason.

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

Hays - 62

Taft - 41

Just 3 touchdowns here or there and we’re looking at a very different outcome. Malvern didn’t play for some reason.

Malvern played some in the second half.  He wasn't the starter their last game either.  

Taft had 355 yards rushing in the first half and 22 in the second.

Cool to see Lovejoy doing good. Had cousins graduate there in 2015 and 2016. Had no idea they were good at football. Do they stand any chance against Aledo? 

Yeah. Known mostly for dominating 5A volleyball.
Don’t think anybody can hang with Aledo but you never know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, TexPx said:

Don’t think anybody can hang with Aledo but you never know.

Aledo's QB situation was a huge mess, but it has been helped by a QB who transferred in in *OCTOBER*.  Imagine that...

Of course, Lovejoy barely pretends to try to play defense, so it's not going to matter who the QB is.  

Aledo is more beatable than previous years, but Lovejoy is not the team to do it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Aledo's QB situation was a huge mess, but it has been helped by a QB who transferred in in *OCTOBER*.  Imagine that...

Of course, Lovejoy barely pretends to try to play defense, so it's not going to matter who the QB is.  

Aledo is more beatable than previous years, but Lovejoy is not the team to do it.  

Aledo transfers?   More like recruits.  

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Don’t ever joke about transfers to aledo fans like I did. They go fucking nuts. They really try and sell that there teams are homegrown. They are Allen of 5a. I ducking hate aledo. Sorry to any aledo Horns though I halfway like you just because of the horns half.

Aledo recruits? No wei.

Are they beatable? I feel like this will be the year if any that they don’t go to State. QB transferred from CA to start the year but was JV. Got moved up in October. He seemed to injure his knee last night but limped around the rest of the game and finished.

I feel like if you can stop JoJo (wr/rb/wildcat qb) and DeMarco Roberts (Jase 2.0) you have a damn good shot. They lost a lot at QB when Bishop graduated because he was also mobile.

• Like 1

SA Roosevelt football player arrested for a double homicide that occured 2 days before their last playoff game, a 14-7 loss to Vandegrift. He wasn’t a star player really but he was used a lot on offense, and led the team in carries during the Vandegrift game. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/cbsaustin.com/amp/news/local/this-is-homicide-heard-before-suspects-unleash-melee-of-gunfire-during-drug-deal

• Like 1

Aledo recruits? No wei.

Are they beatable? I feel like this will be the year if any that they don’t go to State. QB transferred from CA to start the year but was JV. Got moved up in October. He seemed to injure his knee last night but limped around the rest of the game and finished.

I feel like if you can stop JoJo (wr/rb/wildcat qb) and DeMarco Roberts (Jase 2.0) you have a damn good shot. They lost a lot at QB when Bishop graduated because he was also mobile.
Excellent post. I think you need a good D that shuts down their offense to beat them. That's not Lovejoy, but it is Lubbock Cooper, who barely lost to them thanks to a terrible no-fumble call last year.

1 hour ago, blacklab said:

Really bad week for the defense. 

That Stevens QB, who is just a sophomore, was better than I thought he was. He engineered two long TD drives, all though the air, before halftime, having to throw into a very strong wind. He’s going to be very good in two years. Final was Chaps 71-14. Next week is Steele, which is always a tough out. 

Edited by TreatyOak

3 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

That Steven’s QB, who is just a sophomore, was better than I thought he was. He engineered two long TD drives, all though the air, before halftime, having to throw into a very strong wind. He’s going to be very good in two years. Final was Chaps 71-14. Next week is Steele, which is always to tough out. 

Steven's???

• Hook 'Em 1

6AD1:

Westlake and Steele both won as expected, 71-14 and 41-17.  The surprises are that Westlake allowed 2 TDs to SA Stevens and that Laredo United was actually challenging Steele in the first half. 

Ridge Point blew open a close game with a big 3rd quarter, then held off an Atascocita rally to win 55-45.  

6AD2:

Prosper 27-17 over Eaton. Looks like they'll get Guyer, as the Wildcats lead Abilene 38-21 in 4th.

Rockwall Heath shut down Conner Wegmann (sp?) and Bridgeland and easily won 48-24.

Katy did what Katy does and hammered Shadow Creek 49-24.

Vandegrift beat Brennan 20-6 in a snoozer.  They'll get Hays next week in what is somehow Hays' 4th straight home playoff game.  

5AD1:

Game of the day in WF, as Red Oak rallied from 28-7 down to edge previously undefeated Lubbock Coronado 42-41 in 2OT on a blocked extra point.  Sawyer Robertson was held to 247 yards passing.

Ryan and Longview was tight for a half until Ryan just took over.  27-9 final and they'll get HP again next week.

6-6 SA Southwest scored the first TD of the game, but unfortunately CC Vets scored the final 8.  55-7.

5AD2: 

Crosby pulled their second straight big upset.  The Cougars shocked #5 Texarkana last week and they outlasted #4 Huntsville in OT today 32-29 thanks to some idiotic clock management by the Huntsville coach.  I can't even imagine Charlie Strong getting a delay of game penalty when you're lining up for the potential game-winning 47-yard FG on the final play with two timeouts in your pocket.

Crosby's prize is a date with FB Marshall, who destroyed Nederland 49-0.

Liberty Hill did their thing again and got a 56-42 win over Rouse.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Whoops...
Cedar Hill beat Tomball 38-21 and looked really good. I think they should handle Guyer last week. I also think Salter is the best 2021 QB in the state.

Cedar Hill plays Rockwall-Heath next week, not Guyer. The District of Doom got placed in Region 2 last alignment.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Mansfield Summit upset district buddy Colleyville Heritage 34-31 to earn a rematch with district buddy Red Oak.

Similarly Flour Bluff beat Victoria Something 28-21 for the second time this season to get a rematch with undefeated district champ CC Vets.

I must be reading something wrong.  You can't have three teams from a single district in the same bracket.

Spring led a sleepwalking Desoto 14-0 at half, but then Shemar Turner and Byron Murphy got the pass rush going and the offense exploded for 200+ yards and 3 TDs in the 3rd quarter. It's now 27-14 with under 3 to play. The Eagles will get a rematch with Duncanville.

Pioneer leads East View 70-49. 3 minutes left.

Trinity just took a 42-38 lead over Allen. 6 min left. I miss Soul Glo. Edit: 101y KO return for Allen. Furk.