Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

I was reading an article on the demise of WeWork/Adam Neumann and his latest venture was discussed. You would think that dude would be toxic within the established VC community as he was stealing truckloads of money from WeWork as they were heading towards insolvency. Nope, Andreeson Horowitz ponied up $350 million for a stake in his latest real estate startup, Flow. 

Get a load of this fellatio

Adam is a visionary leader who revolutionized the second largest asset class in the world — commercial real estate — by bringing community and brand to an industry in which neither existed before. Adam, and the story of WeWork, have been exhaustively chronicled, analyzed, and fictionalized – sometimes accurately. For all the energy put into covering the story, it’s often under appreciated that only one person has fundamentally redesigned the office experience and led a paradigm-changing global company in the process: Adam Neumann. We understand how difficult it is to build something like this and we love seeing repeat-founders build on past successes by growing from lessons learned. For Adam, the successes and lessons are plenty and we are excited to go on this journey with him and his colleagues building the future of living.

https://a16z.com/announcement/investing-in-flow/

After reading that I still don't have a clue what flow actually will do, but I'm sure its primary focus will be to enriching Adam Neumann and AH by foisting a  steaming pile of shit onto the public via IPO. Same as it ever was. 

On 11/7/2023 at 11:53 AM, Blotto said:

I was reading an article on the demise of WeWork/Adam Neumann and his latest venture was discussed. You would think that dude would be toxic within the established VC community as he was stealing truckloads of money from WeWork as they were heading towards insolvency. Nope, Andreeson Horowitz ponied up $350 million for a stake in his latest real estate startup, Flow. 

Get a load of this fellatio

https://a16z.com/announcement/investing-in-flow/

After reading that I still don't have a clue what flow actually will do, but I'm sure its primary focus will be to enriching Adam Neumann and AH by foisting a  steaming pile of shit onto the public via IPO. Same as it ever was. 

This is a lot of words to describe an HOA

Doing this requires combining community-driven, experience-centric service with the latest technology in a way that has never been done before to create a system where renters receive the benefits of owners. This means rethinking the entire value chain, from the way buildings are purchased and owned to the way residents interact with their buildings to the way value is distributed among stakeholders. And given the fragmented nature of the ecosystem today, we can only hope to accomplish any of this by bringing every aspect of the living experience together

RVPH +.50 to $6.25. Their shareholders meeting is this afternoon.  Holding 15,000 shrs with a cost basis of $6.87.  Found this take on an IBRX message board and thought it worth sharing.  🚀

“Of all the latest attempts to design new medicines to fight cancer, like CAR-T (with or without use of healthy donor material), Tumor inflitrating lymphocites (TILs) and other new forms of precision medicine, I like PSS's approach of strengthening the immune system by boosting the innate and adaptive immune systems to to activate both the NK and T-Cells together in a way that can persistently (with memory) attack the cancer stronger and harder. This boost is proving to be enought to achieve amazing results in bladder cancer even when the cancer is refractory, and the patient would otherwise expect poor outcomes. We already know it is effective and safe for bladder cancer, and if this same approach is proven to get similar results in other cancers, it will be the cancer breakthrough of this century, IMO. The concept that it causes CRs, stops metastasis, and does this without the need for heavy rounds of chemo is possibly the great cancer cure medicine has been looking for. Don't underestimate what is going on here. Yes, PSS still has a long way to go, but at this point there is a lot pointing the way toward success. I sure hope this works for the sake of the world of cancer patients. For IBRX investors, the sky is the limit, IMO.”

On 11/13/2023 at 12:48 PM, Hefeweizen said:

The main thing about IBRX that scares me is the amount of debt it’s run up.  I think it’s nearly 3 billion.  Between that and the prospect of continued dilution I think I’ll wait for another dip to 1.5 before I jump back in. 

Where you getting that $3B figure from? Latest financials show total liabilities to be ~$850M. Thats not great, but not $3B bad either.

On 11/13/2023 at 1:39 PM, Harrison Stafford said:

Not concerned with the debt since PSS (who’s a billionaire) funded it himself to avoid dilution until he got an approved product (bladder cancer) to negotiate with.

What-you-talking-abouy-willis GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

According to the last two 10Q's, shares outstanding on 6/30/23 was 440,673,897 while shares outstanding on 9/30/23 was 667,703,040. And with 900,000,000 shares million currently authorized, I'd expect that to continue. Just because it all goes into PSS's Nant Capital account, doesn't mean the shares  don't exist. This is from the Sept press release.

Financing improves the company’s balance sheet and provides $200 million of capital, as follows:

Exchange of $270 million of debt held by Nant Entities into ImmunityBio equity resulting in deleveraging of the Company’s balance sheet

$200 million of a new 3-year term debt financing from Nant Capital convertible at a 50 percent premium to provide capital sufficient to support the Company’s ongoing operations and pre-commercialization activities through the anticipated potential FDA approval of Anktiva for BCG-unresponsive bladder cancer

Extension of nearest term current debt maturities to December 31, 2024

He's diluting the fuck out of shareholders, but there don't appear to be any other great options right now. 

• Rage+1 1

Please don’t go and dox me here.  My employer suffered a…setback…over the weekend and our stock opened down eighteen percent yesterday.  They blew through my buy order and executed at 15% under that.  So in typical Wally fashion I put in another order at a lower price.  Ride or die, I say.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Please don’t go and dox me here.  My employer suffered a…setback…over the weekend and our stock opened down eighteen percent yesterday.  They blew through my buy order and executed at 15% under that.  So in typical Wally fashion I put in another order at a lower price.  Ride or die, I say.

Never go full Wally

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/17/2023 at 2:41 PM, Harrison Stafford said:

The price of uranium has risen from $49/ib at the beginning of this year to today’s price of $76.35/lb.  It’s dragging UUUU with it.  Energy Fuels +.19 to $8.47.

Today, the price of uranium is $80.25/lb.  $100+ USD/lb. by the end of this year is doable.  If you don’t like UUUU, do your dd, find a uranium company you do like, and take a position.  

image.gif.ffbbdc4352ebe604dcaa60603ddb0a54.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

It’s been 15+ years since the price of uranium was this high.  Around that time, UUUU hit an all-time high of $235/share as the price of uranium spiked.  If we should get another spike in the price of uranium resulting in a spike in the share price of your favorite uranium play, that would be the time to sell your shares or half your shares and let the other half ride.  So, take a position or as we say on Surly Stonks, “Assume the position’”.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 11/21/2023 at 6:54 AM, Parliament said:

Always good investment advice.

On 11/17/2023 at 3:41 PM, Harrison Stafford said:

The price of uranium has risen from $49/ib at the beginning of this year to today’s price of $76.35/lb.  It’s dragging UUUU with it.  Energy Fuels +.19 to $8.47.

On 11/15/2023 at 1:57 PM, Wally Fairway said:

I forgot how exciting it is to own penny stocks  - AMY up almost 20% today (that translates into 3cents  - but 20% is 20%)

💯🚀

TOP 10 Funny Roller Coaster Reactions Compilation on Make a GIF

• Rage+1 1

On 11/21/2023 at 3:12 PM, Harrison Stafford said:

Today, the price of uranium is $80.25/lb.  $100+ USD/lb. by the end of this year is doable.  If you don’t like UUUU, do your dd, find a uranium company you do like, and take a position.  

image.gif.ffbbdc4352ebe604dcaa60603ddb0a54.gif

Today,  the spot price of uranium is $90.  UUUU +.67 to $7.63.  And…….

Reuters

Energy Fuels rises on starting uranium production in Arizona and Utah

Dec 21, 2023 at 1:39 pm GMT

** Shares of uranium miner Energy Fuels UUUU.A up 2.4% at $7.13 premarket

** Co starts production at three of its mines in Arizona and Utah as prices of uranium have risen

** Energy Fuels expects production to be at a run-rate of 1.1 million to 1.4 million pounds per year once production at all three mines fully ramps up by mid to late 2024

** Says two more mines in Wyoming and Utah are being prepared for production within the year

** Up to last close, stock has risen 12.08% YTD

• Hook 'Em 1

Fuck. 
I use penny stocks purely as gambling. I don’t pretend it’s sound investing. I’ve been using MULN for the past year to gamble since it’s been sitting under a dollar for that time. This week I dumped almost two grand into it as it went from .16 to .09, DCAing as it fell. When it spikes it usually goes up one to three hundred percent this falls back down. 

woke up this morning to see MULN has been halted.  Apparently it was going to undergo a 1-100 reverse stock split. All I knew was that when the market opened I had lost 96 percent of the money and the restructured stock was sitting at seven dollars. I wasn’t even mad, I was so embarrassed and disgusted with myself. Was definitely going to ruin my weekend. 

just checked it again and it has shot up to seventeen dollars and I couldn’t hit the sell button fast enough. Ended up doubling the money.  I’m still a moron as most of you are aware, but a happier one. 

IMG_1305.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

The great thing is you wont have to wait that long to plow more money in at $.16 and do it all over again. 

image.png.674cc44ec0c545d9573c10d915add347.png

Add this stock split (1:100) to the list and that's three reverse stock splits since May. If you owned 22,500 shares of stock on May 1, you would now own 1 share

Edited by Blotto
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Beginning 2024 holding………

27,800 shares of IBRX at avg. cost of $9.77

20,000 shares of EOSE @ avg. cost of $2.44

30,000 shares of UUUU @ $6.19

125,000 shares of AMYZF @ .91

15,000 shares of RVPH @ $6.87

6,000 shares of GERN @ $3.19

Will revisit in 6 months.

Damn, I was looking at putting maybe $10k into stonks.

You humble bragged almost $750k into them

must be a nurse

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, nineliveslost said:

Damn, I was looking at putting maybe $10k into stonks.

You humble bragged almost $750k into them

must be a nurse

If it helps, they're worth about $10k now

I kid I kid 

• Haha 2

I’m just an old retired dude whose plan is to make mucho dinero in stonks.  Humblebrag?  With five of my six positions being underwater, there’s a whole lotta humble at this end of the keyboard and zero brag.  Having said that, I still like my chances with IBRX, UUUU, RVPH, AMYZF, EOSE, & GERN.  As I’ve said before, when a couple of these bad boys take off, I’ll rent a party room or a bar in Austin and drinks are on me.  Ride or die.  There will be no compromise.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

Starting 2024 off with a bang before going to the moon:

My throwaway account - AZFL, THBD, INND, DVLP, and GNCP - all down 99%

HMBL - got caught with my pants down and it crashed hard before I could sell it.

UUUU and IBRX - just waiting for the fuse to be lit.

• Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

On 1/5/2024 at 6:41 PM, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Looking for my next UUUU entry.

I'm still trying to figure out why UUUU is fucking the dog lately vs the other two uranium plays I follow (CCJ, SRUUF). of course UUUU is the only one I own

image.thumb.png.1d31fc193f447f4824974570deba09f6.png

image.thumb.png.39f44db3bea203337c2071290c0a6f4c.png

I already know what will happen if I sell the UUUU to put in either of the other two, but recent price movement in UUUU has been strangely poor of late. Anybody have any idea why UUUU seems to be underperforming  vs the spot price of uranium and most of the other uranium plays? 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I'm still trying to figure out why UUUU is fucking the dog lately vs the other two uranium plays I follow (CCJ, SRUUF). of course UUUU is the only one I own

I can give you 2 solid reasons that UUUU performs as it does:
a) it is a Surly Stonk favorite
ii) Wally Fairway actually owns shares in UUUU

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

At the start of 2023, uranium was $49/lb.  Today’s price is $94.65/ib.  UUUU set to capitalize in the near term on the highest uranium prices in 16 years.

Anytime that stock wants to start moving upwards, I’m good with it.

1 hour ago, Harrison Stafford said:

The spot price of uranium continues to go higher… .$97.45/lb.  UUUU +.63 to $7.69

I thought we had determined that those 2 things were not directly correlated, I mean I'd love to see a graph of UUUU stock price with the spot price of Uranium, and what the price of U was the last time(s) that 4U was at $7.70

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

I thought we had determined that those 2 things were not directly correlated, I mean I'd love to see a graph of UUUU stock price with the spot price of Uranium, and what the price of U was the last time(s) that 4U was at $7.70

Dont have a spot Uranium chart in stockcharts to do that with UUUU, but, yeah, they don’t move in lockstep.  The rising uranium price has allowed Energy Fuels to start production in three of its mines in Arizona and Utah and two more mines in Wyoming and Utah are being prepared for production within the year.  And there’s this. 

World's Biggest Uranium Miner Warns of Production Shortfall
• Kazatomprom says sulfuric acid shortages impacting output
• Uranium prices have soared on demand boom, supply setbacks
By Mark Burton
January 12, 2024 at 3:20 AM CST
Kazatomprom, the world's biggest uranium miner, warned that it's likely to fall short of its production targets over the next two years, adding another risk to supply as demand for the nuclear fuel rebounds.
The London-listed company, which is controlled by Kazakhstan's government via its sovereign wealth fund, said on Friday that shortages of sulfuric acid and construction delays at newly developed deposits are creating production challenges that could persist into 2025. It will outline the likely impact on output in a trading update by Feb. 1, it said.
The setback adds to a list of supply challenges that have helped to catapult spot uranium
prices ot 15-year highs, with last year's coup ni Niger disrupting oy shipments to European
reactors, and key miner Cameco Corp. lowering its production targets due to challenges at its operations in Canada. Many mines were mothballed as prices plunged in the wake of
the Fukushima disaster, and now operators are racing to bring them back online as demand rebounds.
The global decarbonization drive and the ructions in energy markets in the wake of Russia's invasion of Ukraine have helped spark a renaissance in the nuclear industry, with
governments increasingly willing to sign off on new projects despite cost over-runs and delays that continue to plague the sector.

On 1/12/2024 at 8:39 AM, Harrison Stafford said:

The spot price of uranium continues to go higher… .$97.45/lb.  UUUU +.63 to $7.69

The spot price of uranium is now $104/lb.  The price has doubled in a year.  Back in 2007-2008 when uranium climbed to $150/lb., UUUU spiked to $240/share.  I’m not saying that’s gonna happen this time, but I’m also not saying it won’t.  

• Like 1