2021 Texas Baseball

petscii

4 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

^^^^^This.

Rankings are nice throughout the year but really only matter to the latter part of the season and being a top seed (8). We'll see how the NCAA screws this up and WHO they fuck over in pairing/setting up regionals and supers. Of course, ALL in the name of protecting players and fans BS.

Speaking of politics... think this just killed any regional happening in MS, Arkansas, and I believe TN? 

I believe the tx legislature has something similar in the works possibly? 

6 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

The Texas Leg has so much going on I doubt they would waste time on something like that. And if they do hopefully it is in a summer session after the Austin Regional has taken place.

Senate Bill 29. Was placed on the intent calendar today. 

"Relating to requiring public school students to compete in interscholastic athletic competitions based on biological sex.

"

https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=87R&Bill=SB29

Yep. I love senate bill talk in baseball threads 
Yea sorry for bringing it up but that bill looks to be fast tracked. And unless the ncaa decides to not hold it in effect yet (ms law goes in effect July 1st). This is going to become a very big issue especially if the ncaa puts their foot firmly down.. Is this where the big 12, sec, and maybe acc tell the ncaa we are pulling out...

#HailState - Go Bulldogs

• Hook 'Em 2

Finally got to watch LHN replay of all 3 games last weekend.

The difference between these guys at the plate now compared to a month ago is flat out astonishing.  Even forgetting the results, just watching their body language, their confidence in the box is “fuck yeah” stuff.

The saying about “little at a time and then all at once...” certainly applies to last week’s play.

I really really doubt the NCAA is going to pass over SEC host sites for college baseball. Maybe San Antonio and Atlanta will struggle to get a future final four in basketball, but the NCAA is not denying Arkansas and the MS schools host sites (and Texas if that bill passes).

5 hours ago, CDAK said:

I really really doubt the NCAA is going to pass over SEC host sites for college baseball. Maybe San Antonio and Atlanta will struggle to get a future final four in basketball, but the NCAA is not denying Arkansas and the MS schools host sites (and Texas if that bill passes).

Texas Rangers Baseball GIF by MLB

3 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Prediction: We'll have a bad game against Nevada and everyone here will lose their shit. 

I fucking promise you that if they lose to Nevada either game, or one this weekend, I’ll lose my shit more so than if they were to lose 2 to ok state next weekend.  These are teams you beat every time you play them. 

Vanderbilt dropped a game to Georgia State.

Mississippi State lost to Kent State.

Texas Tech lost a series to Kansas State who are currently lower in the RPI rankings than Nevada.

TCU, who looks like the best team in the conference, got blown out by Texas State and lost to Sam Houston State.

Yeah, we shouldn't be losing to inferior teams but shit happens in baseball.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

Baseball is not football or basketball. (Well unless Shaka is coaching)

Anything can happen and there is more parity outside of the pitching. 

Yup. Tonight for example Texas is starting Eckhardt who probably won't even sniff the mound in the postseason. 

Augie would lose to some shit midweek team all the time. 

When you play 5 games a week and have to dig into bullpen arms/guys that barely play there's always potential for craziness. 

Edited by texasstrong12

44 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Yup. Tonight for example Texas is starting Eckhardt who probably won't even sniff the mound in the postseason. 

When you play 5 games a week and have to dig into bullpen arms/guys that barely play there's always potential for craziness. 

Let's just mash 6 taters then tonight

“Texas will become the highest ranked opponent for the Wolf Pack since it played No. 2 Oregon State at home back in April of 2019. Nevada took both of those games from the Beavers, who were the defending national champions at the time, winning in dramatic fashion in both affairs, 8-7 in 12 innings in game one and 7-6 in 10 innings in game two”

3 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

It's baseball. Get a grip.

Sure thing

2 hours ago, Blackcat00 said:

Baseball is not football or basketball. (Well unless Shaka is coaching)

Anything can happen and there is more parity outside of the pitching. 

No shit?

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

No shit?

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

Is that shitty?  It seems shitty.

This is one reason why I’d be upset. The larger the talent gap, the less likely “that’s just baseball” happens. Nevada is playing 5 games this week also (I presume without verifying), and I doubt they take their Friday/sat guys and run them back out today and tomorrow, and then again this weekend or sit them until next weekend just to have their best chance to beat Texas. 

If this Texas team is a top 5 team, they beat the Nevada bullpen or 4/5th starters every time. 

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Sure thing

No shit?

No shit?

This is one reason why I’d be upset. The larger the talent gap, the less likely “that’s just baseball” happens. Nevada is playing 5 games this week also (I presume without verifying), and I doubt they take their Friday/sat guys and run them back out today and tomorrow, and then again this weekend or sit them until next weekend just to have their best chance to beat Texas. 

If this Texas team is a top 5 team, they beat the Nevada bullpen or 4/5th starters every time. 

You would maybe have an argument with “majority of the time.”

When multiple top 5 teams have already lost to shit midweek teams this year how can you think random midweek games are some huge indicator of how good a team is?

35 minutes ago, Alot said:

“Texas will become the highest ranked opponent for the Wolf Pack since it played No. 2 Oregon State at home back in April of 2019. Nevada took both of those games from the Beavers, who were the defending national champions at the time, winning in dramatic fashion in both affairs, 8-7 in 12 innings in game one and 7-6 in 10 innings in game two”

https://stats.pac-12.com/sports/bsb/2018-19/teams/oregonstate

osu .261/.367/.392 that season and 36-20-1. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I have no idea who is going to start for Nevada, but they do not have any games this weekend and their next game after Texas is Saturday the 24th.

Just now, Texas Wahoo said:

I have no idea who is going to start for Nevada, but they do not have any games this weekend and their next game after Texas is Saturday the 24th.

Yeah, their upcoming weekend series with Air Force is canceled.  They have 5 guys who have started games so far this year.  If you subtract the 3 guys who just started against SD State last weekend, that leaves the Sharter and someone named O'Malley or O'Grady or something like that.  I suppose we'll see both those guys.