Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

19 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I do not get this "centering the goal post" bullshit.

The fucking goal post are centered with the actual playing field dumbass and not the god damned tunnel.

Now just shut the fuck up.

Moron.

We would be lampooning anyone else for the same BS. 

Everyone understands the field is set correctly to itself. That having it reset to the stadium, particularly when the carpet was being replaced anyway, was too much to ask in the midst of a $175M project is asinine.

What would the cost of a new survey and hole add to the project? .00057% if we priced it like a military acquisition?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

We would be lampooning anyone else for the same BS. 

Everyone understands the field is set correctly to itself. That having it reset to the stadium, particularly when the carpet was being replaced anyway, was too much to ask in the midst of a $175M project is asinine.

What would the cost of a new survey and hole add to the project? .00057% if we priced it like a military acquisition?

The stadium itself isn't exactly symmetrical since the East and West stands are different, and isn't it centered on the NEZ?

Edited by texifornia

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The stadium itself isn't exactly symmetrical since the East and West stands are different, and isn't it centered on the NEZ?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the lower bowl was built at all at once and should be relatively symmetrical to itself?

Look, the aggies have four mismatched sides to their stadium, seats with views to nowhere, and a field that had to be shifted 10 yards towards one endzone to make the sight lines work out after the rebuild. And no one can tell on game day because it’s not obvious. If our sideline area behind the field would end up uneven then  so be it. No one would see it with the teams standing in there, and tv wouldn’t focus on it.  

The uprights being off center will be obvious to everyone with any awareness extending past their navel. 

• Like 1

It is close enough for government work and north end zone drunks.
ignore that stupid troll you dumb fucks.
Repped because my grandfather worked as a recruiter for the Treasury (before all the DHS nonsense) and used that phrase all the time for little weekened carpentry projects.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I do not get this "centering the goal post" bullshit.
The fucking goal post are centered with the actual playing field dumbass and not the god damned tunnel.
Now just shut the fuck up.
Moron.

The goal post isn’t even centered with the fucking H in the endzone. L O N G H O R N S
Guess where the fucking center of that is you god damned Neanderthal. The goal post is aligned with the fucking side of the H, how does that make any fucking sense numbnuts.

giphy.gif
  • Fuck You 35

12 minutes ago, YeeYeeCTE said:

Need me to post my UT shit bro? Maybe some tickets? You guys are the ones acting like aggies ignoring the simple reality that the fucking goalpost is off by about 2 1/2 feet and it looks bad. Anyone who thinks that shit is aligned is full of it.

Paystub.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, YeeYeeCTE said:

The goal post isn’t even centered with the fucking H in the endzone. L O N G H O R N S
Guess where the fucking center of that is you god damned Neanderthal. The goal post is aligned with the fucking side of the H, how does that make any fucking sense numbnuts.

Because they aren't using a monospaced font, numbnuts.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

What in the wide wide world of sports is this?

Is this real or photoshopped? 

5 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Sadly quite real.  Outside the aggy rec center.

Fun fact, those exact stairs are where Scholz married his wife. It was at her request, being an Aggy architecture major, and he acquiesced. It's why he's so familiar with the location. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

That was a really fucking weird hill to die on.  Must have a massive case of OCD or something.  Moving on, the stadium looks awesome

It will look most awesome playing relevant opponents and hanging with fans that aren't from Waco. 

Or winning. I'd like to go watch some winning. The stadium would look really really good winning on National TV.

image.thumb.png.af9802d1e3557390a5143f05190f7d90.png

Edited by Zeus
  • Hook 'Em 6

Southeastern most goal post not correctly positioned. 

for serious though I think I’d like it if they wrapped the foundation orange chair backs all the way around. Looks like it would be fairly seamless for west, north, and east. 

not sure how in demand that seating is though. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

1 hour ago, Roofle said:

Those side screens between the suites and the main scoreboard aren't happening are they? Feels like it'll look unfinished without them. Any word on them?

The video board was always a 2 year project apparently for some reason. Side panels (that will be filled with nothing but ads) are going to be up for next season