2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

6 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

I wonder if the numbers for early voting in Pennsylvania are published like they are in Texas (at least for the large counties).  I'd like to see how they compare in Philadelphia to 2016, because that's really where Hillary had a shortfall.

By the way--that line looks really pretty safe.  Good social distancing and masks (at least so far as I can tell).  It's a good advertisement for going out and voting in person, which I fear is a whole lot safer than mail from the standpoint of having your ballot actually counted.

Those won’t even be counted until Election Day. It’s just “early in-person absentee” voting where you request, complete, and return an absentee ballot all in one step. So those are paper ballots that will be sealed in their envelope until 8 am Election Day. 

10 minutes ago, heso said:

Those won’t even be counted until Election Day. It’s just “early in-person absentee” voting where you request, complete, and return an absentee ballot all in one step. So those are paper ballots that will be sealed in their envelope until 8 am Election Day. 

Yeah--we don't count ours until Election Day, either.  But the Texas Secretary of State publishes how many people voted in each of the 12 largest counties of the state every day.

That's all I want to know--how many people are voting.  Not how they voted.

I mean, it's Philadelphia--I can guess how they're voting.

31 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Yeah--we don't count ours until Election Day, either.  But the Texas Secretary of State publishes how many people voted in each of the 12 largest counties of the state every day.

That's all I want to know--how many people are voting.  Not how they voted.

I mean, it's Philadelphia--I can guess how they're voting.

Ah, gotcha. It’s the first year it’s been an option so I haven’t heard anything about if there will be any numbers released. I’d expect not. 

All of the counties are required to at minimum accept absentee ballots at their main elections office but counties are allowed to open additional offices as well as stay open outside of their normal hours and on weekends if they choose to. Hopefully Philly can run up the score early. 

Edit: Philly has 7 locations right now with another 10 opening as they get staff trained up. 

Edited by heso

21 minutes ago, heso said:

Ah, gotcha. It’s the first year it’s been an option so I haven’t heard anything about if there will be any numbers released. I’d expect not. 

All of the counties are required to at minimum accept absentee ballots at their main elections office but counties are allowed to open additional offices as well as stay open outside of their normal hours and on weekends if they choose to. Hopefully Philly can run up the score early. 

Edit: Philly has 7 locations right now with another 10 opening as they get staff trained up. 

How long is philly early voting?

1 hour ago, Voldemort86 said:

Bahahahaha

better watch out GOP. There’s also 2 senate seats in Georgia who could become vulnerable too.

This is actually the death knell of the Republican Party. He is going to drag several gop senators down with him in 2020 and the seats coming up in 2022 are going to put things out of reach for good

stupid fucking cowards. 

Take these “post debate” polls with a large grain of salt. The better pollsters won’t have results until the weekend.

This. Not to mention it'll wear off. We're still a month away.

The GOP is really kicking it's voter suppression/steal election gane into high gear, with Texas as ground zero right now. On the one hand, the numbers they're seeing must be awful. On the other hand, who knows what they're capable of.
  • Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

This is actually the death knell of the Republican Party. He is going to drag several gop senators down with him in 2020 and the seats coming up in 2022 are going to put things out of reach for good

stupid fucking cowards. 

Yeah. The crash and burn at the end is going to be the little white speck of shit on top of then rest of the 4 year shot for the GOP. If he leaned into his loss in a gracious way (hahahahahahaha) he could probably limit the loss of the senate to 50/50 (not that he gives a fuck) but this crash and burn is gonna make it 54 or 55 unless the Dems go full on loon in the confirmation hearings. 

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yeah. The crash and burn at the end is going to be the little white speck of shit on top of then rest of the 4 year shot for the GOP. If he leaned into his loss in a gracious way (hahahahahahaha) he could probably limit the loss of the senate to 50/50 (not that he gives a fuck) but this crash and burn is gonna make it 54 or 55 unless the Dems go full on loon in the confirmation hearings. 

Dems are out gunned and can’t stop the damn nomination.  They need to realize that. They need to not act disorderly. Just ask Barrett boring questions. We can’t let it effect the election, because they’re getting Barrett confirmed no matter what.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Dems are out gunned and can’t stop the damn nomination.  They need to realize that. They need to not act disorderly. Just ask Barrett boring questions. We can’t let it effect the election, because they’re getting Barrett confirmed no matter what.

That’s my point. The places on the razors edge where seats could be flipped are SC, TX, MT, places like that (I’m factoring in that all the other ones flip bc I’ve got 50/50 worst case for Dems). You want to make confirmation hearing a non issue or respectful disagreement about procedure there if you want to win those states. 

8 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That’s my point. The places on the razors edge where seats could be flipped are SC, TX, MT, places like that (I’m factoring in that all the other ones flip bc I’ve got 50/50 worst case for Dems). You want to make confirmation hearing a non issue or respectful disagreement about procedure there if you want to win those states. 

Kavanaugh blew up in our faces. I think we lost 2-3 senate seats and 1-2 governorships because of the shitty hearing and the bastard still got on the court. 

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Voldemort86 said:

Kavanaugh blew up in our faces. I think we lost 2-3 senate seats and 1-2 governorships because of the shitty hearing and the bastard still got on the court. 

That’s the way I saw it. I’m not a Dem btw. I just horserace pontificate as I see the race and try to be completely objective. 

7 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Well in fairness, Kavanaugh blew up because he was a drunken fratfuck, he was credibly accused of sexual assault, and the Republicans have no ethics whatsoever.  That being said, you don't really have anything on this nominee.

The Dems HAD to go against that asshole because there were some goods against him.  They couldn't just ignore it.They don't have the goods on this nominee.

Completely different situations.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Well in fairness, Kavanaugh blew up because he was a drunken fratfuck, he was credibly accused of sexual assault, and the Republicans have no ethics whatsoever.  That being said, you don't really have anything on this nominee.

The Dems HAD to go against that asshole because there were some goods against him.  They couldn't just ignore it.They don't have the goods on this nominee.

Correct. Everyone seems to assume that this will be like Kavanaugh but it's much more likely to be like Gorsuch.  The Democrats disagreed with his stances on just about everything, but he wasn't a fucking rapist so shit was pretty drama free.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

This. Not to mention it'll wear off. We're still a month away.

The GOP is really kicking it's voter suppression/steal election gane into high gear, with Texas as ground zero right now. On the one hand, the numbers they're seeing must be awful. On the other hand, who knows what they're capable of.

I think it's going to be baaad for Trump. But wait for confirmation.

Edited by The Dog

29 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Exactly.  What exactly are the dems supposed to do when a professor with a untarnished reputation contacts a committee member, makes a credible accusation of a felony and says she is willing to testify in person to this.  Ignore it?  Believe her or not, she was a credible witness who deserved to be heard out.  Republicans need to stop nominating shit heads for these positions and there will not be drama (see Roberts, Alito, Gorsuch).  

• Like 1

Georgia is more purple than people know. It's conservative but not nearly as red as the likes of Bama or MIssissippi.
Oh, I'm aware. Stacey Abrams should probably be governor. I'm saying the state GOP has a proud tradition of cheating, much like we're seeing here.

48 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Exactly.  What exactly are the dems supposed to do when a professor with a untarnished reputation contacts a committee member, makes a credible accusation of a felony and says she is willing to testify in person to this.  Ignore it?  Believe her or not, she was a credible witness who deserved to be heard out.  Republicans need to stop nominating shit heads for these positions and there will not be drama (see Roberts, Alito, Gorsuch).  

The GOP did a good job of revealing the sausage-making political nature of how the Dems managed the allegations. That’s a separate issue than the credibility of the accusations, which seemed believable to me, and the craziness of his response.

The hearings gave the impression that the Dems sat on the accusations until the most politically opportune time. There may have been nonpolitical reasons for their timing or that politicization may be a fair and normal DC move, but in light of the seriousness of the accusations, it seemed dirty and manipulative.

It’s hard to hold the moral high ground, even if that high ground is as basic as being against rape, when the allegations seem like nothing more than a political tool. The raping part was no doubt the worst part, and running interference for a likely rapist is terrible as well, but using a crime victim to win a political victory is still a bit sleazy. At first the timing seemed tactically brilliant to me, but in light of the nature of the allegations, it was a bit unseemly. Still nowhere near rape though.

I thought the allegations seemed credible and his response was nuts and disqualifying, but everyone ended up looking dirty in the process.

Would it be up to myriad Secretaries of State for the party in question to replace the two ticket slots with their choosing?

Edited by Lobo

Watch that marine one video.  Miller is walking with Hicks and Jared is a safe distance ahead.  And then she tried to catch up to kushner but he just nudges her along before boarding so she’ll end up closer to the President in the seating order.  Well played.  

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

Agreed.  And they would go with Pence and another VP candidate.

And all the never Trump republicans that got Biden elected in the Dem primary will jump right back aboard the GOP train. 

I want him alive anyway so he can face charges after he is out of office. Fuck having it all swept under the rug so his asshole kids can keep on running that fraud business. 

• Hook 'Em 1