2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

Just now, Goredho said:

I have a feeling/hope that before all is said and done, no one ever remotely associated with Trump's presidency will ever sniff elected power again.

I have a feeling/hope that before all is said and done, those associated with Trump's presidency will hang from the lamp posts along Independence and Constitution Avenues.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

I have a feeling/hope that before all is said and done, those associated with Trump's presidency will hang from the lamp posts along Independence and Constitution Avenues.

I don't want to be too greedy.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

triple really - people are already voting.

by the time he gets back on the debate stage (where he thinks he'll convince everyone he's the man), millions of votes will have already been cast.  his last minute shenanigans will be way less effective.  obamagate, miracle vaccine, it won't matter.

Unfortunately for Trump, his "October Surprise" is going to come a couple weeks late. 

17 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I wouldn't mind heads on pikes. Let's go old school and really send a message to those that would betray country. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I wouldn't mind heads on pikes. Let's go old school and really send a message to those that would betray country. 

I'm more of a hang them from cages guy myself, and it works on multiple levels with this lot.

38 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

This would be acceptable but I prefer the symbolism and glam of guillotines. The clang of the falling blade, the executioner holding up the head by the hair, the eyes rolling around, the crowd screaming.

20 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I like it. After they are guillotined, put their heads on pikes. Toss the bodies in a land fill.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

So I went to go drop my wife and my voter registration (address change) off at Comal County today. I had half a mind to not wear my mask in, because they might assume I'm an Austin libtard and throw our papers away.

I'm not saying that's actually a reasonable fear. It's just commentary on where we're at. I've never felt like my vote was in danger of fraud in the past. I'm sure many others feel the same. That's a dangerous place to be.

Are you white?

11 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

This would be acceptable but I prefer the symbolism and glam of guillotines. The clang of the falling blade, the executioner holding up the head by the hair, the eyes rolling around, the crowd screaming.

I like it. After they are guillotined, put their heads on pikes. Toss the bodies in a land fill.

I appreciate your appreciation of quality stagecraft.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

@bad_teammate

Where are the guillotines?

oregon is one of the bluest states in america. 

Yes. But eastern OR is not, and the farther East you go the scarier it can get. It doesn’t border Idaho without a bunch of scary folks. Having one of the most liberal cities in the US that close to white supremacy groups doesn’t make for a great situation here.

3 minutes ago, troph said:

Yes. But eastern OR is not, and the farther East you go the scarier it can get. It doesn’t border Idaho without a bunch of scary folks. Having one of the most liberal cities in the US that close to white supremacy groups doesn’t make for a great situation here.

Y'all want blue through and through, y'all need to move to Hawaii. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, troph said:

oh, for sure, it's a bad situation.  people don't realize how many areas of california are like that as well, because we're so fucking blue.  there are huge blocs of red in parts of california that aren't off in some corner, they're bordering the deep blue.  i'm insulated in west hollywood, so i don't see much of it, but orange county is a shitshow.

my characterization of oregon was in response to "why do republicans stupidly think they can win oregon" which they cannot.

separately, i was listening to a discussion the other day about the uselessness of the electoral college.  and while the obvious argument of "the minority getting to decide" bullshit, the better point to make, especially when speaking to republicans, is how many votes they're completely wasting with the "winner-take-all" mentality.  the guy being interviewed said, "hey look, there are more republicans in california than there are in wyoming, or north dakota, or idaho".  and it's true.  of course the reverse is true of texas, in comparison to all the northeastern blue states.

really fucking sad when you think about how us-vs-them it's become.  my wife knows the political affiliations of a bunch of mayors now.  that's not information she should have committed to memory.  if i never hear "democrat-run cities" again it'll be too soon.  35 of the 40 biggest cities or something have dem mayors (no idea which cities are strong mayor cities).  that's just how cities work.  

turns out that evolving and adapting and getting an education and moving to the city seems to make people more liberal in donald trump's america.  no wonder he's trying to turn back the clock to nineteen fucking fifty.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

turns out that evolving and adapting and getting an education and moving to the city seems to make people more liberal in donald trump's america.  no wonder he's trying to turn back the clock to nineteen fucking fifty.

Good post, but Im pretty sure he's turning back the clock to 1930.

oh, for sure, it's a bad situation.  people don't realize how many areas of california are like that as well, because we're so fucking blue.  there are huge blocs of red in parts of california that aren't off in some corner, they're bordering the deep blue.  i'm insulated in west hollywood, so i don't see much of it, but orange county is a shitshow.
my characterization of oregon was in response to "why do republicans stupidly think they can win oregon" which they cannot.
separately, i was listening to a discussion the other day about the uselessness of the electoral college.  and while the obvious argument of "the minority getting to decide" bullshit, the better point to make, especially when speaking to republicans, is how many votes they're completely wasting with the "winner-take-all" mentality.  the guy being interviewed said, "hey look, there are more republicans in california than there are in wyoming, or north dakota, or idaho".  and it's true.  of course the reverse is true of texas, in comparison to all the northeastern blue states.
really fucking sad when you think about how us-vs-them it's become.  my wife knows the political affiliations of a bunch of mayors now.  that's not information she should have committed to memory.  if i never hear "democrat-run cities" again it'll be too soon.  35 of the 40 biggest cities or something have dem mayors (no idea which cities are strong mayor cities).  that's just how cities work.  

For sure and I think as soon as Texas goes blue Republicans will clamor for the popular vote/abolish the EC.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/01/trump-letter-food-aid-boxes-424230

the Trump family is so disgusting. This is so sick. So vile and so underhanded.

they are literally forcing food pantries who hand out boxes of food to the needy to include a “letter” from president Trump. The letter talks about how “ hard” the president fought to get the families these food and includes safety advice for getting through the pandemic. Now families who are relying on food banks / pantries because of this presidents mismanagement of the pandemic will be receiving letters that are trying to influence their vote coming up.

what kind of country do we live in? This is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, thepop said:

They can continue to hammer him on this because he will never even bother to even attempt to clarify the statement. His words are perfect as is. 

If the second debate happens he will go apeshit on a citizen and it will be glorious 

• Hook 'Em 1

Perfectly normal.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/09/30/greene-county-pennsylvania-kkk-flyers-handed-out/

Police and the district attorney’s office are investigating after Ku Klux Klan flyers were distributed in parts of Greene County.

William DeForte, the Greene County Regional Police Department captain, said the flyers started showing up in the county about two weeks ago, with the most recent distribution on Tuesday.

“Every officer here was offended and extremely motivated to find the individual passing out this information,” DeForte told KDKA.

The flyers have appeared in mailboxes, at the edge of driveways and at local businesses. The flyers are usually in plastic bags with birdseed inside to weigh them down.

The messages on the flyers are often racist and promote white supremacy. They also include contact information for the Loyal White Knights, a group described by the Anti-Defamation League as “one of the largest and most active Klan groups in the United States.”

DeForte said several residents came forward after receiving a flyer.

“They will not tolerate the Ku Klux Klan or any other organization that is going to spread racial filth in their communities,” the police captain said.

kkk-flyer-greene-county.png

4 hours ago, troph said:

This. I spent a combined 17 years in Seattle and Portland and outside a 20 mile radius from either city, it’s full-on Appalachian-style redneck. 
Portland also takes the prize for least diverse city ever. White AF.

• Hook 'Em 1