2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

13 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

Trumpers are snakes in the grass, rats. Don’t trust them And watch your back. When you got your guard down trying to be respectful to Trumps illness that’s when they strike. They’ll milk this pity and sorry thing for Trump as far as they can all the while playing negative ads and making up lies about Biden. All following Herr Leaders lead and example. 

Who was it on Surly who said that if he is losing he will play the victim card because it works? That is the play they are running right now. It seems to be bringing out the hate groups a little more aggressively.

On 10/2/2020 at 7:33 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m with you on this.  Democrats still have a misunderstanding that this isn’t political warfare. You don’t stop the offensive just b/c your opponent blew his dick off. 

It’s the curse of being an actual fucking human being 

• Hook 'Em 1

What happens if Trump dies to the virus?

I’ve done a little research and it looks like we should all be very grateful we have the house. The republicans would postpone the election if they had the senate and the house, but I doubt the democrats let them postpone it.

millions of people have already voted. I think the republicans would have to coalesce behind pence and hope for the best. I think Trump / Pejce would still appear on people’s ballots which would be weird, but it’s too late to print / make new ballots. 

I think the republicans would be fucked and would be in even worse shape if trump died. I still think they’re fucked if Trump recovers. I doubt Trump will recover in time for the second debate. 

it means he would only have one debate very late in the game to try and change things after pretty much every state has started voting.

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

I really don’t see any way that Trump getting Covid helps him when his whole strategy in the election was to pretend things are “ normal” when they’re not. I know most republicans are dumb, but even half of them could see that Trump horribly mismanaged this pandemic.

Good Lord. A Mothers For Safe Neighborhoods ad ran on Meet the Press this morning. Did you know Biden and Harris want violent mobs to carjack you with your baby in the car? These jackasses are going full-on Left Behind meets Robocop meets Old Glory Robot Insurance. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Better or worse than the Blacks for Trump ad I saw this morning?

Haven’t seen that one. But the one I saw involved mobs wearing COVID masks. That made me laugh. 

“Do you want these dangerous, cautious, violent, considerate mobs roaming your neighborhood, smashing your car windows and assaulting your family while being careful not to expose you to any risk of disease transmission?”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Haven’t seen that one. But the one I saw involved mobs wearing COVID masks. That made me laugh. 

“Do you want these dangerous, cautious, violent, considerate mobs roaming your neighborhood, smashing your car windows and assaulting your family while being careful not to expose you to any risk of disease transmission?”

Yeah, I had to rewind that and watch again.  They've replaced marauding caravans of brown criminals overcoming our southern border with marauding caravans of sanitary criminals overcoming our suburbs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

If those numbers are remotely correct, then we may be looking at a Biden landslide.

Wait a minute....if this is remotely accurate....my inherent Boomer Hate is going to have to spend some time in Brisket’s mental confusion room. It’s ok, it will have lots of company and time to visit with “why can’t Texas figure out to tackle over the last 20 years?”, “how did pumpkin spice become such a thing?”, and “where the fuck are my keys? Seriously, where the fuck are they, I just had them?”
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Wait a minute....if this is remotely accurate....my inherent Boomer Hate is going to have to spend some time in Brisket’s mental confusion room. It’s ok, it will have lots of company and time to visit with “why can’t Texas figure out to tackle over the last 20 years?”, “how did pumpkin spice become such a thing?”, and “where the fuck are my keys? Seriously, where the fuck are they, I just had them?”

I think it just means Trump can kill someone on 5th Avenue, he just can’t kill ME on 5th Avenue.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Polls released this weekend so far:: NYT poll has Biden+7 in PA and Biden +5 in Florida; CBS+7 in PA. 

If Biden wins PA and FL, he can lose Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, AND Arizona, and still get to 271 EVs. 

24 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

They’re in the last place you had them aka the last place you will look, dumbass. 

8 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Polls released this weekend so far:: NYT poll has Biden+7 in PA and Biden +5 in Florida; CBS+7 in PA. 

If Biden wins PA and FL, he can lose Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, AND Arizona, and still get to 271 EVs. 

If he wins PA and FL he’s winning at least three and probably four of those five. Hell, he could sweep them but OH is the biggest long shot. 

37 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Maybe seniors didn't like the whole, "Why don't you go fucking die for your country so we can keep the stock market up" thrust upon them by so many Republicans.  I am guessing that may have turned some of them off but then again who knows.

Or maybe they did like it and followed through with it.  Dead people don't get polled. 

• Haha 1

The olds were for trump until he started killing them then a lot of the wiser olds started to wise up to the fact that maybe they shouldn’t support a guy who is trying to kill them and maybe they should support another old dude who while they disagree with sometimes isn’t trying to actively kill them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Maybe seniors didn't like the whole, "Why don't you go fucking die for your country so we can keep the stock market up" thrust upon them by so many Republicans.  I am guessing that may have turned some of them off but then again who knows.

The “We’re Stupid, So You Die Stoic” sales pitch never really spoke to me, either.

49 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

It’s sad that the olds needed a freaking pandemic to figure this out. 

I’ll spell it out for people. If you are NOT the following : White,  wealthy, well connected, and don’t care about other people besides yourself then...... you have no business at all voting for a guy like Trump. Pretty simple. Look at how the guy governs.

Play like Spurrier. Keep pouring it on. Hang half a hundred and then try to get to triple digits.

Yup. OBC is a ruthless motherfucker who loved “The Art of War” and incorporated that teaching in his coaching. He would not let an opponent gain confidence or catch his breath if he could prevent it.

We’d go long after every turnover and it terrified them.

The older folks that may have watched the debate may have also had a little more discomfort at watching Trump vs Biden. Remember, Biden frequently spoke directly to the television, not unlike the old school  newscasters used to do. That can work. Someone who is over 65 is going to remember old school news even if they are Fox addicted. Walter Cronkite et al were reassuring back then despite some dire news that they were reporting.