2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Maybe seniors didn't like the whole, "Why don't you go fucking die for your country so we can keep the stock market up" thrust upon them by so many Republicans.  I am guessing that may have turned some of them off but then again who knows.

this...but i also think him promising to cut payroll taxes scared the shit out of them, as it was pretty easy to draw a direct line from there to bankrupting SS/Medicare.

i mean, if you're 70 in 2020, i imagine you probably plan to still be alive and kicking in 2025 and would appreciate still having your SS and Medicare.

apparently the old folks aren't quite ready to call it quits yet 🤨

5 hours ago, Goredho said:

I think it just means Trump can kill someone on 5th Avenue, he just can’t kill ME on 5th Avenue.

I'm okay with that.  I'd PREFER that you choose not to vote for the "Leopards Eating People's Faces" party because you don't want to see ANYONE get their face eaten by a leopard, but if you choose not to vote for the party because you've finally gotten smart enough to realize that if they'll eat people's faces, they may well eat YOUR face.....well, I'll take that for now.  Baby steps.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Strange that a campaign promising a 5:1 match on donations can't afford ads in a state like Ohio, where literally no Republican has won the Oval in 6 decades without first taking Ohio.

Any of you Trumpers wanna tell me that 5:1 Challenge wasn't brought to you by the "Make American Great Again Super PAC/Scratch-Off Lottery Association of Texas"  

At this point, watching you double-down on your inability to admit you were duped, is as satisfying as a Biden victory.  Call dad, tell him what a man you've been this year.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Strange that a campaign promising a 5:1 match on donations can't afford ads in a state like Ohio, where literally no Republican has won the Oval in 6 decades without first taking Ohio.

Any of you Trumpers wanna tell me that 5:1 Challenge wasn't brought to you by the "Make American Great Again Super PAC/Scratch-Off Lottery Association of Texas"  

At this point, watching you double-down on your inability to admit you were duped, is as satisfying as a Biden victory.  Call dad, tell him what a man you've been this year.  

What is the point of the weird 5:1 match shit?

i don’t donate so I wouldn’t know.

Holy Shit! The wife texted me today before I left work that trump had left he hospital and was riding around in a car waiving at his supporters. 

Naturally I assumed this text meant he had been DISCHARGED from the hospital. Just now found out no that is not the case. This is completely insane. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

tenor.gif?itemid=8556885

I can’t believe they’re still trying this pathetic line of attack.

it has nothing to do with Biden’s work ethic or energy level. ITS THE PANDEMIC YOU FREAKING IDIOTS. 

besides... if we’re going to talk about work ethic, they’re defending the candidate who watches TV 8-10 hours a day instead of trying to actually run the country. 

idiots.

28 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

tenor.gif?itemid=8556885

Yeah this is a baaaad way to go there Mizzou GOP. I'm trying to find it but a Newsweek poll I found showed a big spike in Republican concern about COVID since Trump became infected. It's in line with self-identified Democrats now. 

Just now, The Dog said:

Ok so Nate Silver has scenarios of Biden winning Mississippi and of Trump winning Oregon in his forecast. 

WTF

$50 and my left nut says they took that poll favoring Trump outside the last Blockbuster Video store in Bend, Oregon.  https://bendblockbuster.com/

Also, dibs on "Doomscrolling" for my alt.metal band name. 

2 minutes ago, troph said:

9e70a9799b97e185b5cffd3f65d79361.jpg

Was having this conversation with my daughter last night.  People seem just so fucking tired and exhausted by the constant fucking chaos.  Enough people remember a time when we were not reminded 7 times a day that we have a president, and he's presently fucking a chicken.  We'd go weeks not thinking about the president at all.  There is some element of "vote for someone sane, so you don't have to have chaos shoved in your face 24/7" in the voting motivation this time.

Daughter watched the debate with her french best friend, who had never seen an American debate.  "What are they doing?  Are these debates always like this?  What is wrong with your country?"  They just sat there and drank straight vodka while they watched.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Was having this conversation with my daughter last night.  People seem just so fucking tired and exhausted by the constant fucking chaos.  Enough people remember a time when we were not reminded 7 times a day that we have a president, and he's presently fucking a chicken.  We'd go weeks not thinking about the president at all.  There is some element of "vote for someone sane, so you don't have to have chaos shoved in your face 24/7" in the voting motivation this time.

Daughter watched the debate with her french best friend, who had never seen an American debate.  "What are they doing?  Are these debates always like this?  What is wrong with your country?"  They just sat there and drank straight vodka while they watched.

As a proud mother of a daughter of a similar age, you raised her very well. Slainte!

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

This French broad sounds fun.

She's cute, and a delightful girl.  But her English is perfect, so in a lot of ways, I feel like I'm just talking with another canadian or American.  But one of her OTHER french friends has the classic french accent, with adorable perfect cupid's bow lips.  Y'all would LOVE her.  And nope, not gonna do pics.  Sorry.

But rest assured, every one of the frenchies in her friend group thinks our country is insane.

If Brisket's daughter can talk her into coming over to his house to watch the debate.  Then get there and watch Brisket bounce off the fucking walls while she chugs straight vodka...I'm pretty sure I can talk her into shaving her armpits.  

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So......the entire GOP base, then?

Point taken.  And I guess if my own family experiences are an indicator, some in that base are starting to waver.  Maybe this will keep some from straying or bring some of them back.  Within my own family, Trump's carrying on with covid-19 hasn't affected my step brother's and step mother's change in perception, though.  They now think much less of the President as to how he's handling his diagnosis.  The whole "Stand by, Proud Boys!" and "The President never said that" response has them where they now are looking at everything he's doing more closely and with a healthy distrust.

Its kind of funny, I'm struggling to be patient as they explain shit that's now pissing them off that was clearly evident 4 years ago.  They are like the investigator at the end of the Usual Suspects, dropping the coffee mug as a wave of realization washes over them.  "Can you believe this?!"  Uh, yeah.  Its what I've been telling you for four years now.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Goredho said:

They are like the investigator at the end of the Usual Suspects, dropping the coffee mug as a wave of realization washes over them.  "Can you believe this?!"  Uh, yeah.  Its what I've been telling you for four years now.

Excellent analogy.  And yeah, that's the maddening part -- all of this shit was obvious and plain from well before he even announced his candidacy.  I mean, the announcement might as well have been "noted narcissist con-man and liar announces candidacy, expect him to be who he has always been."  But so many folks happily bought into the con, even as he practically said "hey, I'm conning you, right now."

Thus, my frustration for years now, the ledge, all that shit.

• Hook 'Em 2

I was going to come in here and ask if anyone had seen any new-ish polling data since the debates. Then I realized that probably doesn't even matter anymore and we're going to need to see post-Trump-Covid polls, and then post-Trump-recovery polls. November 3rd can't get here fast enough.

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Excellent analogy.  And yeah, that's the maddening part -- all of this shit was obvious and plain from well before he even announced his candidacy.  I mean, the announcement might as well have been "noted narcissist con-man and liar announces candidacy, expect him to be who he has always been."  But so many folks happily bought into the con, even as he practically said "hey, I'm conning you, right now."

Thus, my frustration for years now, the ledge, all that shit.

Yep.  I had given up and completely distanced myself from this side of my family.  Then my step brother started texting me after the debate.

So I have a gut feel here that things are changing -- even among some of the faithful.  It's really based solely on my discussions with these family members since the debate, so its a tiny sample size and could very well be wrong.  But it seems like there are more holes popping up in the dam than Trump's team and the conservative machine has fingers to plug.  And when a dam finally gives way, there is no holding back the force being released.

tenor.gif?itemid=15175122

For the first time in a long time, I hope I am right :)

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Yep.  I had given up and completely distanced myself from this side of my family.  Then my step brother started texting me after the debate.

So I have a gut feel here that things are changing -- even among some of the faithful.  It's really based solely on my discussions with these family members since the debate, so its a tiny sample size and could very well be wrong.  But it seems like there are more holes popping up in the dam than Trump's team and the conservative machine has fingers to plug.  And when a dam finally gives way, there is no holding back the force being released.

I love your hope.

I'm going to continue to bet on uninterrupted and unyielding stupidity and cruelty.  It has the better track record.  BUT....all it takes is a percentage point here and there to make a difference.  I'll take them just staying home as a win.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

I love your hope.

I'm going to continue to bet on uninterrupted and unyielding stupidity and cruelty.  It has the better track record.  BUT....all it takes is a percentage point here and there to make a difference.  I'll take them just staying home as a win.

It's probably the smarter bet.

5 minutes ago, Goredho said:

My anecdotal evidence from family is different than yours.  They’re dug in. 😩

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

Ok so Nate Silver has scenarios of Biden winning Mississippi and of Trump winning Oregon in his forecast. 

WTF

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

$50 and my left nut says they took that poll favoring Trump outside the last Blockbuster Video store in Bend, Oregon.  https://bendblockbuster.com/ 

I believe that Silver runs models based off of different demographic turn-outs and polling, but not necessarily on the state polling. Or maybe the demographics are used to adjust state polling.

Oregon is 75% Non-Hispanic White.  Mississippi is 56.4% Non-Hispanic White.  Non-Hispanic Whites, in general, are for Republicans. If you push demographic turnouts to their edge of reasonability, I could see why it might give results that aren't that reasonable.