Kim Jong-Unghhh may be Illin

clapclapclap

On 2/8/2024 at 5:58 PM, huge said:

What the hell is this

If you want some insight to the dystopian society that is NK, read The Orphan Master's Son by Adam Johnson. Pulitzer Prize winning book about the country.  It's quite disturbing; it's a fictional book , but Johnson interviewed countless defectors,  people who made it out and their first hand accounts of living under the oppression of the 'great leader' was  incredible.  Anecdotally, I cant help but think a lot of those musicians were taught by a kidnapped Japanese national musician, brought to NK for the purpose of teaching their specific discipline to a member of the elite who otherwise would have zero access to the resources to learn how to play.  I know that piece in the clip was a very simple piece, but that's the kind of shit that goes on there.  Complete chaos in that country.

• 3 months later...
42 minutes ago, BearMace said:

I can't believe oxygen and oil would fail. 

LOL - reminds me of a conversation I was part of years ago, going to a petrochemical plant with 2 engineers and they were debating which is more inherently dangerous superheating a hydrocarbon stream under high pressure (aka cracking) or combining oxygen with a hydrocarbon stream (an ethylene oxide plant in this conversation).
This conversation was relevant as our plant of was part of a much larger facility that had a large "event" the week before. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I hope we are just using our super satellite space lasers to taze everything that lifts off from DPRK from here on out.  Golly! Another booster failure by the Kim Jung Unpenheimer brain trust! What a tragedy!  

This is north korea, sir.  We don't have any space lasers.  We have some ill-tempered seabass if that's anything?  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

I wonder if Kim Jung-Un will write a very beautiful letter about all of this.  An almost, how you say, perfect letter?

Right after he scores an 18 again on his daily round of golf.

CHIEF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

For the uninitiated rubes w/o chemistry knowledge, oil and O2 mixed is very bad, correct?

Don't get me wrong, I'm initiated too. It's just oxygen and oil sounds like the most backyard North Korean rocketry imaginable. Not oxygen and a specific liquid fuel, just oil. Picturing straight up heavy crude 

20 minutes ago, BearMace said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm initiated too. It's just oxygen and oil sounds like the most backyard North Korean rocketry imaginable. Not oxygen and a specific liquid fuel, just oil. Picturing straight up heavy crude 

• Haha 1

North Korea drops trash balloons on the South

North Korea has dropped at least 260 balloons carrying rubbish in the South, prompting authorities to warn its residents to stay indoors.

South Korea's military also cautioned the public against touching the white balloons and the plastic bags attached to them because they contain "filthy waste and trash".

The balloons have been found in eight of nine provinces in South Korea and are now being analysed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c4nn2p32zrzo

• Rage+1 1

Kim Jong-un in a little toy shop

Sees a bag of balloons; it's all they've got

Thinks a moment - "I've got it!"

"Load these up with trash and shit!"

Checks the wind, it's blowing right 

To take the rubbish out of sight 

Floating past the watchful eyes 

Two hundred sixty poop balloons go by

Two hundred sixty poop balloons 

Floating past the DMZ