Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

I’m trying to imagine the outrage if the Russians infiltrated Planned Parenthood and illegally funneled money to democrat campaigns.

Because that’s what we’re looking at with the NRA right now and it’s not even front page material.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m trying to imagine the outrage if the Russians infiltrated Planned Parenthood and illegally funneled money to democrat campaigns.

Because that’s what we’re looking at with the NRA right now and it’s not even front page material.

duh!  Guns save lives

Bound to be a best-seller:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/399501-giuliani-trump-team-preparing-counter-report-to-respond-to

President Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani on Monday said the president’s legal team is preparing a “counter-report” to respond to any allegations that special counsel Robert Mueller makes in his expected report on the Russia probe, according to USA Today.

Giuliani, in an interview with USA Today published Monday, said he believes the special counsel’s team is "writing the report as we speak.” He said he expects Mueller will file a report as soon as Sept. 1, about two months before the midterm elections in November.

Rudy is there for political theater and as a distraction who can throw out all kinds of trial balloons.

Trump has a bunch of idiots working around him, but I'd be willing to bet they are at least paying some company to track the engagement of the Trump base, to see what sticks to the wall, and what slides down.  That's why you see Trump going back to the well - somebody probably printed out a piece of paper with a list of topics that do well with his base.

Do Something!

Washington (CNN)New indicators, including satellite images, show that North Korea could be in the midst of building new missiles, the Washington Post reported Monday, citing officials familiar with the intelligence.

According to The Post, the officials said the new information reveals that work is potentially taking place on one or two liquid-fueled intercontinental ballistic missiles in Sanumdong, a suburb of Pyongyang.
Liquid-fueled rockets are harder to store and move than solid-fuel rockets because the fuel is more volatile, according to experts. The volatility of liquid fuel can cause missiles to fail in launch and the fuel has to be stored separate from the missiles, causing a decrease in military readiness. Liquid fueling can also take a fairly long time to complete, giving US spy satellites a period of time to see launch preparations underway. Solid-fueled missiles can be very quickly launched giving the US very limited warning

These replies are great:

Hope he's doing it on purpose and I hope he visits other distant places on the way home from Africa

Well, he’s not doing what the people of Arizona voted him in office for!

As an AZ "constituent" I can't wait til he is gone!

Follow the money. Does he have Soros connections?

12 minutes ago, The People’s Elbow said:

This begs the question: what occurred behind the scenes for him to lash out? This pattern of call-out behavior is usually an antecedent. 

They’re not supporting his chosen candidate in North Dakota Senate. Not providing any money or support against the Democrat 

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

These replies are great:

Hope he's doing it on purpose and I hope he visits other distant places on the way home from Africa

Well, he’s not doing what the people of Arizona voted him in office for!

As an AZ "constituent" I can't wait til he is gone!

Follow the money. Does he have Soros connections?

He's in Africa. Must be working for Obama!

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, The People’s Elbow said:

This begs the question: what occurred behind the scenes for him to lash out? This pattern of call-out behavior is usually an antecedent. 

Cross-posting from Elections thread:

CNN

The influential Koch political network announced Monday it is not supporting Republican Rep. Kevin Cramer in his race to unseat vulnerable Democratic Sen. Heidi Heitkamp in North Dakota -- the latest sign the conservative group is frustrated with the current state of the GOP.

The decision for now to stay out of a pivotal 2018 Senate race will likely send shockwaves through the Republican Party and fits with a broader theme from the Koch network's summer meeting that the network feels like it has been "taken for granted" by the GOP.

Top officials at Americans For Prosperity, the political and policy arm of the Koch network, said the group is not currently supporting Cramer because he is not leading on central policy priorities for the Koch network.

"If this were 2016, we likely would have gone ahead and endorsed" Cramer, said AFP President Tim Phillips. "But we're raising the bar."
Speaking to the network's backers Monday, the final day of their summer meeting in Colorado Springs, Phillips criticized Cramer for his support of a $1.3 trillion spending measure earlier this year and his reluctance to take on the White House on trade and tariffs.

Cramer "is not leading on the issues where this country needs leadership the most right now," said Phillips, "and if Cramer doesn't step up to lead, that makes it hard to support him."
Phillips said AFP has met with Cramer's team to express their concerns, "but maybe he needs to hear from you, give Kevin Cramer a call," Phillips urged a ballroom filled with donors who have contributed a minimum of $100,000 to the network.

On Monday, AFP CEO Emily Seidel recounted an unnamed Republican lawmaker saying, "Don't worry about the Kochs, we're going to support Republicans regardless." But she strongly suggested that will no longer be the network's modus operandi.

"Why would Cramer listen to this network if they knew we'd just support him anyway?" said Seidel.

11 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Link?

• Fuck You 2

45 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Cross-posting from Elections thread:

CNN

Also https://www.axios.com/charles-koch-trump-trade-war-disastrous-c5f0b5bd-2425-44e4-aab2-df84398ace23.html

"Any protectionism at any level, certainly at a national level, is very detrimental. There are scientific and historical reasons. I mean, every nation that has prospered is one that didn’t engage in trade wars."
— Charles Koch