Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

56 minutes ago, Jhawkmvp said:

God is funny that way. He almost 99% of the time wants you to do what you already wanted to do anyway.

"You can safely assume you’ve created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do."  - Anne Lamott

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:
This to me is one of the greatest mysteries of Trump. Why the hell doesn't he just fire Sessions? What does Sessions have on him?

We remember the whole "replace Sessions with Pruitt" thing, right?

The Federal Vacancies Reform Act allows Trump to install anyone who holds a Senate-confirmed position within the government to be acting Attorney General for 210 days in the event of resignation, death or incapacitation.  DOJ has already ruled in the past that the Federal Vacancies Reform Act supersedes the DOJ successor chain.  The whole point is to get him to quit so literally anyone else more loyal and sympathetic to Trump can walk in, fire the DAG and shut down Mueller.

Sessions has to resign or die in order for Trump to shuffle an already-confirmed individual into the temporary role of acting Attorney General (instead of Rosenstein automatically serving as acting AG).  I believe the OG plan was to shame Sessions into quitting so he could move Pruitt into the role in order to fire Rosenstein and shut down Mueller's investigation.  I'm curious who would be the new Pruitt in this situation.  

Edited by Js1
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The Federal Vacancies Reform Act allows Trump to install anyone who holds a Senate-confirmed position within the government to be acting Attorney General for 210 days in the event of resignation, death or incapacitation.  DOJ has already ruled in the past that the Federal Vacancies Reform Act supersedes the DOJ successor chain.  The whole point is to get him to quit so literally anyone else more loyal and sympathetic to Trump can walk in, fire the DAG and shut down Mueller.

Sessions has to resign or die in order for Trump to shuffle an already-confirmed individual into the temporary role of acting Attorney General (instead of Rosenstein automatically serving as acting AG).  I believe the OG plan was to shame Sessions into quitting so he could move Pruitt into the role in order to fire Rosenstein and shut down Mueller's investigation.  I'm curious who would be the new Pruitt in this situation.  

Makes sense, but doesn't appear to be working. If Sessions was going to quit he would have done so by now. Wonder what plan B is. 

52 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Again, though, why hasn't Trump fired Sessions. I mean, I can see the dubious legality raising furrowed brows, but we're way past the point where Trump gets to make up his own rules and everyone else gets to rationalize it.

I dont see what the big issue is with the Nbomb tape. Is this suprising? Hes obviously vile scum of course he uses the n bomb. Along with no doubt many other terrible names for people.  So do the useful racist idiots who support him. If anything it endears him to them even more. 

To reasonable people, of course this shitlord is a terrible person so him using the nword while obviously reprehensible isnt going to change their low opinion of him. This is just another data point.

Fuck trump. Fuck omorosa and fuck the n-word

20 minutes ago, ndawg said:

Again, though, why hasn't Trump fired Sessions. I mean, I can see the dubious legality raising furrowed brows, but we're way past the point where Trump gets to make up his own rules and everyone else gets to rationalize it.

Because the Vacancies Reform Act doesn't have a provision for firing. I can say with certainty someone would immediately challenge the elevation of someone that isn't Rosenstein to acting AG in that scenario.  The authors of the legislation intentionally omitted firing as an avenue for the bait-and-switch replacement so a POTUS couldn't just fire someone and install some #2 or #3 from the DOE to run the DOJ favorably for 210 days. 

If Sessions is fired, Rosenstein is elevated to acting AG until a replacement is selected and confirmed.  Rosenstein ain't going to NADA against Mueller.

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

This to me is one of the greatest mysteries of Trump. Why the hell doesn't he just fire Sessions? What does Sessions have on him?

I think somebody, possibly his lawyers, possibly Ivanka, has actually got it through his head that if he fires Sessions in order to get to Mueller, he opens up Pandora’s Box, and he automatically gives both chambers to the Dems.

Being investigated by a Dem Congress has also got to terrify him.  Not only could they boot him out, but they could reveal his actual net worth to the public.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

besides not being a pig, this is a point well made.

i own 2 grad degrees from an Ivy equivalent and a terminal degree from another school. hardly anyone knows it.

look at my avatar. that’s all people need to know.

as an aside, DAT ASS in that avatar didn’t exist anywhere in grad school either.

I think I see your point but let me take your advice and CAREFULLY examine your avatar..... I will be back in 45 seconds.

Edited by Horn Dog

20 minutes ago, retread said:

It seems like we're going by Watergate rules. If he fired Mueller, that would cross a line. It would be too similar.

I can’t decide if it crosses a line that forces Congress to act, or if it’s the potential fallout from the elections that causes Congress to act.  I’m leaning towards the latter.  I don’t see Mitch or Ryan pursuing the matter simply because he fired somebody. 

18 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Well why isn't anyone investigating Hillary and the angry democrats? 

I wonder if he’s tried to actually order Sessions to investigate Hillary and the angry democrats. 

Sessions maybe a scumbag, but Trump has given him far too many reasons to stick around and run interference for Mueller. 

26 minutes ago, ndawg said:

1) Trump knows Sessions can turn on him as a witness from the campaign and serve him up to Mueller.

2) Senate has to have Sessions’ back.  Trump can’t afford to disrupt Senate cover.

1) + 2) = MAD circular firing squad.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

1) Trump knows Sessions can turn on him as a witness from the campaign and serve him up to Mueller.

2) Senate has to have Sessions’ back.  Trump can’t afford to disrupt Senate cover.

I'll also add that the Senate Judiciary committee is focused on getting Kavanaugh to the floor in the next ~45 days, then they're off to campaign before midterms.  Fire Sessions and Rosenstein sits as acting Attorney General for who knows how long.  Even worse if the Democrats take the Senate, because that nominee is getting stonewalled unless rushed through in the lame-duck session and those Senators might be pretty salty about an upcoming stint in the minority.

Edited by Js1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Republican Type 2 would be clutching their pearls first. Type 3 would be furrowing their brow so hard. 

Pssst....dirty truth. They're ALL Type 1.  It's just that the Type 2 and 3 folks know you have to be polite and keep such things behind closed doors.

24 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I wonder if he’s tried to actually order Sessions to investigate Hillary and the angry democrats. 

Sessions maybe a scumbag, but Trump has given him far too many reasons to stick around and run interference for Mueller. 

IIRC (and I'm just going off dim recollection here), didn't Sessions respond to Trump's call to investigate the "angry Dems" and whatnot with a "there's nothing to investigate?"  Or something like that?

Shaking my head this morning because of a President that calls people dogs, low IQ, and other bullying statements. The Republican leadership’s heads are in the sand with not a single word out of them. Spineless, I’m talking to you Ted Cruz. And yet they went ballistic when Obama wore a tan suit.

42 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I can’t decide if it crosses a line that forces Congress to act, or if it’s the potential fallout from the elections that causes Congress to act.  I’m leaning towards the latter.  I don’t see Mitch or Ryan pursuing the matter simply because he fired somebody. 

There is no line.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bojack said:

Trump is such a scandal plagued, malignant piece of nazi loving shit that it's rarely mentioned that he hates dogs.  Remember back when Socks the White House cat was a story?  Now we have a lonely 12 year old boy living there and no talk whatsoever of a dog.  It would be a slam dunk way to humanize these ghouls and distract from treason and shit.  

How often do you think Trump sees Barron or even sits down and has dinner with him? Trump makes more time for twitter than he does for his son. It's tragic.

19 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

This made me picture Kellyanne having sex, which then led to picturing Trump and other staffers having sex. Ugh, I have just become celibate. Thanks retread. 

I think that makes you an honorary member of the alt-right, committee on incel rights.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

#2 is the main one, I think. 

25 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

This made me picture Kellyanne having sex, which then led to picturing Trump and other staffers having sex. Ugh, I have just become celibate. Thanks retread. 

She didn’t always look 70. Here she is back in 1987 when she was crowned the best blueberry packer in New Jersey. 

3E91C65200000578-4343090-in_1987_Kellyan

Her senior year. 

Spoiler

3E8F1F3600000578-4343090-The_senior_year

And as a cheerleader. 

Spoiler

3E8A6C4C00000578-4343090-Kellyanne_did_a

I’m not familiar with New Jersey, but those photos feel like I imagine New Jersey to be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

She didn’t always look 70. Here she is back in 1987 when she was crowned the best blueberry packer in New Jersey. 

3E91C65200000578-4343090-in_1987_Kellyan

Her senior year. 

Hide contents

3E8F1F3600000578-4343090-The_senior_year

And as a cheerleader. 

Hide contents

3E8A6C4C00000578-4343090-Kellyanne_did_a

I’m not familiar with New Jersey, but those photos feel like I imagine New Jersey to be.

Not bad. But I dare anyone to picture Huckabee Sanders doing it and still wanting sex immediately afterwards. 

God is funny that way. He almost 99% of the time wants you to do what you already wanted to do anyway.

Yep. God talked to me a lot when I was younger. “Of course you should fuck this waitress Gil”. “That’s what I thought. Thanks, Big Guy”
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

O gave CBS the tape AFTER Pierson went on Fox News and said that the conversation never happened and was fabricated by O.

There are staffers in the White House probably hiding recording devices in the snowglobes on their desk, stuffing mics in their bras, strapping knives to their legs, etc. The paranoia is going to run even deeper now inside the West Wing.

Stephen Miller will have his next meeting with Trump like

Simpsons_05_12_P1_640x360_319337539541.j

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

O gave CBS the tape AFTER Pierson went on Fox News and said that the conversation never happened and was fabricated by O.

I’m gonna laugh hard if Omarosa ends up getting some folks fired.  Sarah Sanders should be buying Tums by the barrel. 

She comes across as dumb, but damned if she hasn’t been popping out with audio every time somebody disputes her account. 

Edited by atomheartbevo