Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

If anyone is killed by one of these bombs, the blame is squarely on Trump's shoulders.  He is inciting violence.

Are you kidding?

There are no norms anymore.  There are no consequences.

What just happened is, in plain terms, an assassination attempt against 1) our most recent past POTUS and 2) the most recent major party losing candidate for POTUS.  And the story will barely end up being a ripple.  Indeed, it's already being flipped by the Party of Fascism as a "false flag" operation.  Understand that would be the SAME response if the assassination attempts had SUCCEEDED.  On the one hand, the Trumpkins could celebrate the rightful capital punishment of the traitors Obama and Hillary, and on the other hand, blame their political enemies for doing the deed.  Fascism playbook.  Page 3.  Without even needing much text.

The plays being run are all basic and elementary plays from the playbook.  And they're working.

Game over.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

"Basket of deplorables" was the most accurate statement of the 2016 campaign. She was spot on. 

I've been saying that for 2 years. "deplorables" and "i can shoot someone on 5th avenue" were the most accurate quotes of the campaign.

Are you kidding?
There are no norms anymore.  There are no consequences.
What just happened is, in plain terms, an assassination attempt against 1) our most recent past POTUS and 2) the most recent major party losing candidate for POTUS.  And the story will barely end up being a ripple.  Indeed, it's already being flipped by the Party of Fascism as a "false flag" operation.  Understand that would be the SAME response if the assassination attempts had SUCCEEDED.  On the one hand, the Trumpkins could celebrate the rightful capital punishment of the traitors Obama and Hillary, and on the other hand, blame their political enemies for doing the deed.  Fascism playbook.  Page 3.  Without even needing much text.
The plays being run are all basic and elementary plays from the playbook.  And they're working.
Game over.

Serious question, when you say "game over" what do you mean? You're right about everything else. Looking for some guidance on what to do. As shitty as things are, my personal life is still good.

Just now, horncyclist said:
1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:
Kind of weird that Cuomo would get one.   Suggests that the sender is a New Yorker, I'd think. 

Reports are that the Soros one was delivered by hand so probably.

weren't they all delivered by hand? I mean, delivery by drone or mech would be kinda obvious

2 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Kind of weird that Cuomo would get one.   Suggests that the sender is a New Yorker, I'd think. 

Same could be said for California as the building housing Kamala Harris' office and the San Diego Tribune were also targeted.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

We’re up to SEVEN devices now per MSNBC.

do we know there were all devices? I've just read "suspicious" packages.

also, if they are bombs, then this is worst mail bomber in history. from what I read the one sent to Soros was opened by a staffer and it did not detonate.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

also, if they are bombs, then this is worst mail bomber in history. from what I read the one sent to Soros was opened by a staffer and it did not detonate.

Hard to build a working bomb when you believe learning is for dirty libruls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

The message is more important than the murder. 

3 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Same could be said for California as the building housing Kamala Harris' office and the San Diego Tribune were also targeted.

Has she been confirmed to have received an explosive device?  I had just heard a suspicious package report for her. 

Just now, Grandioso said:

If this dumbass country goes to civil war over D-List celebrity game show host and late stage neurosyphilitic mushbrain Donald Fucking Trump, I really will move to Canada.

Luckily the country is almost as lazy as it is dumb.  CW2 will probably only last until lunch time.

• Like 2

hmm

New-home sales plunge to a near two-year low as housing picture deteriorates

"Sales of newly-constructed homes swooned to the lowest since December 2016. September’s selling pace of 553,000 was 5.5% lower than in August, and 13.2% lower than a year ago.

What happened: Sales badly missed the MarketWatch consensus forecast of a 620,000 pace, and revisions to prior months were all downward. 

The median selling price in September was $320,000, 3.5% lower than a year ago. At the current pace of sales, it would take 7.1 months to exhaust available supply, a 6-year high."

4 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

hmm

New-home sales plunge to a near two-year low as housing picture deteriorates

"Sales of newly-constructed homes swooned to the lowest since December 2016. September’s selling pace of 553,000 was 5.5% lower than in August, and 13.2% lower than a year ago.

What happened: Sales badly missed the MarketWatch consensus forecast of a 620,000 pace, and revisions to prior months were all downward. 

The median selling price in September was $320,000, 3.5% lower than a year ago. At the current pace of sales, it would take 7.1 months to exhaust available supply, a 6-year high."

My understanding is that the rule of thumb is that a 6 month supply is generally considered a housing market at equilibrium. Above that and it's a buyer's market; below is a seller's. Those numbers above ain't good.

1 minute ago, JimmyHoffa said:

EVERYONE ON BOTH FUCKING SIDES should say enough is enough. I guess someone getting shot at a Softball practice wasn't enough. 

I won't hold my breath as it will probably turn into a political talking point. 

Everyone on one side has been saying enough is enough for quite a while.   The other side supports a president who just cheered a candidate body-slamming a reporter. 

• Like 6