Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

46 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

They'll come back around when told a black Muslim is going to take their guns and Bibles and rule them under Sharia law.

QFMFT.

They will acquiesce to having their livelihood go down the shitter (they'll blame Mexicans for that anyway), because they'll always, every time, 100% of the time, begin their pavlovian drooling and obedience when Trump and the GOP ring the "scary muslims/blacks/mexicans" bell.  I'm convinced that they no longer have free will to ignore that bell -- it's truly a response that's so deeply conditioned that it's an instinct that can't be overcome.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

I bet there will be a lot of pushback from party leaders and people in his admin about removing Pruitt.  He's too good at his job to let go.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/has-trump-killed-more-regulations-than-any-other-president/

I agree. This guy is doing what most global change deniers want...they'll hang on to him as long as they can.

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

QFMFT.

They will acquiesce to having their livelihood go down the shitter (they'll blame Mexicans for that anyway), because they'll always, every time, 100% of the time, begin their pavlovian drooling and obedience when Trump and the GOP ring the "scary muslims/blacks/mexicans" bell.  I'm convinced that they no longer have free will to ignore that bell -- it's truly a response that's so deeply conditioned that it's an instinct that can't be overcome.

SmokeyTheBear1861 resembles these remarks.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, plimon said:

I agree. This guy is doing what most global change deniers want...they'll hang on to him as long as they can.

He's a denialist because that position conforms to the interests of the industries that have supported him financially throughout his career.  He's owned by O&G.  

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

He's a denialist because that position conforms to the interests of the industries that have supported him financially throughout his career.  He's owned by O&G.  

He's an Okie--of course he's owned by O&G.  

Except in the complexion of its citizenry, there's really no difference between Oklahoma and Nigeria.

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Fucking maddening.  Fuck all that we've learned in the past 40 years and the advancements we've made.  Let's go back to 1952.  Such a simpler time.

40 years?  Try 70+.  That's what Trump, Trumpism, and the "anti-globalist" crowd are talking about.

The past 70 years (post-WWII) are the most successful, peaceful, and prosperous in the history of the world.  Europe -- a continent defined by nearly perpetual warfare somewhere within its territory for centuries -- has been largely conflict-free.  Global standards of living have SOARED.  The liberal (small "l" -- used in the classical sense, seriously, see how the Economist uses the term) world order has had unprecedented success in advancing humanity.  Yes, some folks have been "left behind," relatively speaking -- it's tough to be a coal miner these days.  But in total, we are ALL so much better.  And to touch on trade, these 70 years have proven that it's not a zero-sum game.  The entire system does better, and everyone gains, by rational, economics-driven free trade.

And economics and prosperity have a way of breaking down borders, ethnic prejudices, nationalism, etc.  That threatens folks who draw comfort from those things.

The irony of Trump hollering "Make America Great Again!" is that the very things that made America great, particularly in the 30 years after WWII -- a liberal, peaceful world order, with free trade -- are the things he attacks.  It's like he's yelling "Bake a Cake Again," but in looking at the exact list of ingredients we used to bake the cake before, he loudly rejects flour, eggs, oil, and sugar.  I don't know what the fuck he wants to bake.  But it sure as fuck won't be a cake.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

He's an Okie--of course he's owned by O&G.  

Except in the complexion of its citizenry, there's really no difference between Oklahoma and Nigeria.

The Nigerians I've met are better educated and have a stronger work ethic.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

QFMFT.

There are literally people on my Facebook feed blaming the Okie school shutdown on illegal immigrants.

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

There are literally people on my Facebook feed blaming the Okie school shutdown on illegal immigrants.

Of course there are.  One of their legislators said they need to just sort out anyone who doesn't speak English, and get them out of their schools.

And then there are the okie legislators who claim that this is all "paid protesters."  Fascinating, being that I personally know several clergy members in Oklahoma who are at the capitol right now offering prayer and support to the teachers; I'm 99% confident none of them got any Soros checks.

But none of that matters.  They will make up the facts that suit them, decide the issue based on those made up facts, and close their minds to any further consideration of the issue.

The only reason that Okie schools are in trouble is dirty mexicans and George Soros.  Case closed.

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The Nigerians I've met are better educated and have a stronger work ethic.

Well, of course.  I there are a lot of characteristics about the citizenry that are different.  But there is a big similarity between the states themselves: they are failed states owing almost entirely to the corrupting influence of the O&G industry.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump either doesn’t give a shit, doesn’t understand agriculture, or thinks farmers will not blame him.  Or all three.  

This will be fun to see red counties in the Midwest turning blue. 

You have to keep reminding yourself that our President has no fucking idea what he is doing. The concept of strategy is foreign to him. The concept of collateral damage is completely foreign to him. He works on emotion and gut instinct, because you know he has the best instincts. His ever-expanding gut, and his instincts tell him that CHI-NA is unfair and must be defeated. Nothing presented to the contrary will move him off of this point. And he will recklessly mash all of the buttons at his disposal with his fat toddler fingers with zero regard for any secondary impacts.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I think y’all are missing the general tenor of this conversation.  Okies are clearly on the side of the teachers here.  A half dozen dumb govt workers (including their dumb ass governor) doesn’t seem to be convincing many people.  

Okies haven't voted for enough folks who are on the side of their teachers.  SOME okies are on the side of their teachers.  The bulk will continue to vote for the same dipshit leadership, mostly because they'll keep sharia law out of oklahoma, because we all know that the evil mooslems have figured out that the way to start a new global caliphate is to take over Oklahoma -- once they own that most important piece of America, the rest of the world can't help but fall by dominoes.

Open your eyes, sheeple!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I find your faith amusing.

Nothing good can come from Trump firing Mueller for the GOP. 

Trump's GOP allies in congress have already thrown their best at the Mueller investigation (memo, Strozk texts, McCabe stuff) and it hasn't done shit. 

I'm pretty much the only one that's been saying Trump isn't going to fire Mueller the whole time and he's been on the case for almost a year. 

Trump is a cornered rat and the GOP knows it.  They aren't going to bail him out. 

Aides sometimes plot to have guests make points on Fox that they have been unable to get the president to agree to in person. ‘He will listen more when it is on TV,’ a senior administration official said.” Pirro duty is considered important enough that “officials rotate going on Pirro’s show because they know Trump will be watching — and partially to prevent him from calling in himself.”

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/04/trump-staffers-freaking-out-even-more-than-usual-right-now.html

Here are some examples from the last 24 hours:

1. The Wall Street Journal reports that the White House staff has attempted to correct Trump’s mistaken beliefs about Amazon, to no avail. Staffers a “arranged private briefing” that “they believed debunked his concerns that Amazon was dodging taxes and exploiting the U.S. Postal Service.” But Trump continued to directly contradict what he had learned because, a source explains, “It’s not the narrative he wants.”

2. The Associated Press reports that Trump has grown tired of his chief of staff’s management, but also has not seen fit to fire him outright. Instead, “Trump recently told one confidant that he was ‘tired of being told no’ by Kelly and has instead chosen to simply not tell Kelly things at all.”

Of course, Trump is the president of the United States, and as such, outranks Kelly. Presumably he could keep his chief of staff informed of his doings, and overrule Kelly’s objections if he disagrees.

3. Trump’s advisers, despairing of their inability to educate the president, have taken to using television as the preferred vehicle for their tutelage. The Washington Post reports that Jeanine Pirro’s Fox News program is the show of choice for this purpose. “Aides sometimes plot to have guests make points on Fox that they have been unable to get the president to agree to in person. ‘He will listen more when it is on TV,’ a senior administration official said.” Pirro duty is considered important enough that “officials rotate going on Pirro’s show because they know Trump will be watching — and partially to prevent him from calling in himself.”

4. Another report in the Associated Press describes Trump ranting uncontrollably in a meeting with military brass. “The president had opened the meeting with a tirade about U.S. intervention in Syria and the Middle East more broadly, repeating lines from public speeches in which he’s denounced previous administrations for ‘wasting’ $7 trillion in the region over the past 17 years,” the report notes. At one point, a general interjected to inform Trump “that his approach was not productive and asked him to give the group specific instructions as to what he wanted.”

Should we be scared that the president is unable to focus or learn or even adopt a coherent management structure? Yes, we probably should.

Edited by retread

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Nothing good can come from Trump firing Mueller for the GOP. 

Trump's GOP allies in congress have already thrown their best at the Mueller investigation (memo, Strozk texts, McCabe stuff) and it hasn't done shit. 

I'm pretty much the only one that's been saying Trump isn't going to fire Mueller the whole time and he's been on the case for almost a year. 

Trump is a cornered rat and the GOP knows it.  They aren't going to bail him out. 

They don't have to bail him out.

They just have to refuse to act.

The only entity that can remove Trump from office is the Senate.  The GOP-controlled Senate.  You and I both know that no matter what is ultimately revealed -- seriously, it could be a string of fucking murders committed by Trump's hand -- they'll wring their hands, note that "there was a lot of troubling information revealed in these proceedings, some of it quite disturbing.  But in the end, we just can't remove a duly elected president."

That's it.  That's where the Constitutional process completely fails.  It depends on an independent, remotely ethical and law-abiding Senate.  When you don't have that, then all of the safeguards have failed.  And they will fail.  It's inevitable -- read the writing on the wall.  It looks a lot like this:

1*U0wtpXQySXfHwLjMs7m0jA.jpeg

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It's going to be interesting to watch the GOP congress do nothing when Mueller drops 30+ indictments at once. 

Just now, retread said:

It would be beautiful to see the House impeach DOTUS and force the Senate to explain it away with "Seriously troubling Mueller report blah blah blah"

You're both going to get your wish.

And it won't matter.

tumblr_opxfgl308s1qeklrro6_250.gif

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Nope. I think the house flips in 2018. They send articles of impeachment to senate. He skates because GOP senate. No matter what the facts and evidence show, he skates.

At least it will be D house and R senate instead of vice versa.  The D’s can get the ball rolling with the first step and the senate generally consists of nonretards.  They’ll have to think about it at least.  R house and nothing even starts.