Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Hey, y'all remember how you've thought I was being alarmist for saying that this is how the Republic ends, and I'm out on a ledge with whiskey and such?

This ledge is getting a bit crowded these days, just thought I'd share that with you.  

After this week, I'm joining you and bringing my own Tito's. Don't want to risk anyone spiking my drink.

• Like 2

I was on a conference call and didn't catch most of the presser, so I just decided to read the surly live takes . . . holy shit I have been laughing for 10 minutes straight.

I fear the actual performance will pale in comparison, kinda how you get all stoked for a new blockbuster and by the time you see it all the wind has been let out under the dam or something.

Anyway, I guess I'll watch it tonight.  Thanks for the running commentary, though.

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

More or less than humiliating than watching the official representatives of the nations laugh at your head of state?

The icing is already on the cake. This is just the frilly little icing flowers around the edge.

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

More or less than humiliating than watching the official representatives of the nations laugh at your head of state?

Look, we're at the stage where, metaphorically, we've just burned down our own house, we're out front buck-naked, simultaneously masturbating furiously and shitting ourselves, all while singing Taylor Swift songs at the top of our lungs, off-key.  The humiliation is pretty much just a constant now, and there's no separating any particular cause.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I was on a conference call and didn't catch most of the presser, so I just decided to read the surly live takes . . . holy shit I have been laughing for 10 minutes straight.

I fear the actual performance will pale in comparison, kinda how you get all stoked for a new blockbuster and by the time you see it all the wind has been let out under the dam or something.

Anyway, I guess I'll watch it tonight.  Thanks for the running commentary, though.

no, we are not doing it justice, at all. it's beyond what you will expect.

1 minute ago, sachick said:

After this week, I'm joining you and bringing my own Tito's. Don't want to risk anyone spiking my drink.

1 minute ago, DDD Dad said:

Don't stand next to Stros or Johnny Sack.

Yeah...pretty sure that those guys are gonna stick with Team Trump till the bitter end, and will never join us on the ledge.  They'll just burn up in the flames of collapse, hollering MAGA! the whole way.  So, you're PROBABLY safe.  But, sigh, these days...I understand, and can't argue with you.

Try some of the Dripping Springs grapefruit vodka, though.  Splash of topo and some added grapefruit juice, it's a very refreshing cocktail.  Perfect for watching the end of civilization.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Look, we're at the stage where, metaphorically, we've just burned down our own house, we're out front buck-naked, simultaneously masturbating furiously and shitting ourselves, all while singing Taylor Swift songs at the top of our lungs, off-key.  The humiliation is pretty much just a constant now, and there's no separating any particular cause.

Early Taylor Swift or the more recent, darker stuff?

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

There is no way you can underestimate the lunacy on display. Its fucking hilarious and frightening at the same time. Brisket won the argument.

"i could be doing this all day long, should we continue for a little while, it doesn't matter to me? should we go on? how about the new york times, the failing new york times! i think they are going to endorse me or they are going to go out of business."

"no, actually, i work for pbs, but..."

• Like 1