Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

45 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

I read an article a couple of months ago about the secret service and they mentioned that the President is never alone, going so far to mention agents would be in the shitter while Reagan was in there. I'm sure this all varies from location etc, but you know Huckabeef would be fine with checking his shitter Twitter. Hell compared to the dumps she takes Dotards might even smell like roses.

The word "growler" seems appropriate here for some reason. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

That's all true.  But there's a difference between being a knowing conspirator and being duped while trying to stop those conspirators. 

Of course there is.  And I think it is clear that there was an abundance of useful idiots involved in the circus show around the 2016 election. Both in the Trump campaign, and apparently in the office of the Director at the FBI. But if we want to assess the amount of harm caused by the useful idiots based on their direct impact on the outcome of the election, there is really zero question that James Comey rises to the top of that list.  

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Wow, he's still openly defending Flynn and trying to pretend he's innocent.

This is what happens when he tweets on the shitter without anybody seeing his tweet beforehand.

It's almost like he has his phone taken away from him during the day and allow him to have it overnight. So the only time we get the 'real' Trump tweets is before he has to turn his phone over to Kelly.

• Like 1

I still wonder if Comey didn't release that last minute statement on Clinton to intentionally help trump win for his own selfish legacy reasons. He already knew the FBI had established an investigation on trump and Russian meddling for months, and might have seen the possibility he could go down in history as the legendary FBI director that took down a corrupt US president if trump won. Of course it backfired on him and now Robert Muller is in position to be that guy. Comey's shameless hucking of his book and attention whoring over this whole thing makes me believe it a little more. 

Just a theory but I can't think of a legit reason he released that last minute statement harming Clinton. 

Edited by In10se

Gotta hand it to Maddow, she NAILED Comey on the press conference fiasco here:

MADDOW: Helen Fahey.

You say, she didn't care much what misinformed people said about her, a lesson I would find very valuable as I grow older. She put the interest of the team and the important job we had to do higher than her own feelings or her worries about reputation.

It seems to me like with Loretta Lynch, you worried very much about what misinformed people were going to say about her? That they were -- that there was no true reason to have concerns about Loretta Lynch’s integrity with that investigation but misinformed people would get the wrong idea and you took action to account for that rather than the truth.

COMEY: Well, maybe in a slight sense. That was one of the bricks in the load that led me to believe that if I do the announcement next to Loretta, it won't have credibility. The most important was her decision not to recuse herself after the airplane business and to say she would accept my recommendation.

Look, I get it, which is why it's in the book because it's true that this one of the factors that I considered.

MADDOW: And it was -- but there -- but do you see what I’m expressing as a worry here?

COMEY: Yes.

MADDOW: That effectively, something untrue about her that people would have misperceived ends up being the limiting factor in terms of whether or not she's allowed to do her job.

(CROSSTALK)

COMEY: It’s a little tricky though because untrue about her, we had not verified it and I did not believe she had acted in any way inappropriate.

MADDOW: And you later investigated those claims and found them not to be true. You explained to George Stephanopoulos on Sunday night. I read the transcript.

COMEY: Yes, I don’t -- I can’t remember what I said, but anyhow, I’m trying to be careful because I’m not supposed to talk about our investigation. But I don't believe that Loretta did anything improper.

16 minutes ago, In10se said:

Just a theory but I can't think of a legit reason he released that last minute statement harming Clinton. 

1. He didn’t release it to the public, he released it to Congress and they leaked it to the press.

2. He informed the DOJ before he did it without an order not to inform Congress.

3. The email investigation was already declared closed, ended, over as a statement of fact.  New information came to light that made that public statement false. He had a duty to correct regardless if there was a election going on.

4.  It was going to leak anyway that the investigation was reopened because they had to get a search warrant from a NY Court to search the laptops.  That would have put the FBI in a worse position because they would have to confirm the leak even closer to the election.

5. Even Loretta Lynch, after the fact, knew Comey did the right thing.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

After reading the Comey memos, I am almost certain the pee tapes are real.  Trump brings it up in almost every conversation they had.  If we've learned anything about him, when he is fixated about something like that it's because it's true.

50 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

1. He didn’t release it to the public, he released it to Congress and they leaked it to the press.

2. He informed the DOJ before he did it without an order not to inform Congress.

3. The email investigation was already declared closed, ended, over as a statement of fact.  New information came to light that made that public statement false. He had a duty to correct regardless if there was a election going on.

4.  It was going to leak anyway that the investigation was reopened because they had to get a search warrant from a NY Court to search the laptops.  That would have put the FBI in a worse position because they would have to confirm the leak even closer to the election.

5. Even Loretta Lynch, after the fact, knew Comey did the right thing.

Gotta call a little bullshit on that one. There wss no reason for Comey to send the letter to congress at that time as he knew an immediate leak would occur by republicans. Sending that letter was the same as leaking it himself. 

You especially don't send it when you haven't determined if there was anything there. You start the investigation of new evidence and only advance forward if there are any conclusions that can be made for charges after it us completed... the same as any other FBI investigation. If doing this is proper protocol then why didn't he inform congress by letter of the investigation into trump that hadn't completed?

His reasoning for the leak letter was he was afraid his NY office was going to leak anyway after the info was discovered from Weiner's wife's computer? So you say because as director I have no control over my department leaking anyway I'm going to just go ahead and leak myself? That's a terrible rationalization. 

The proper play was to conduct the investgation of new info with the same protocol as any other investigation but Comey decided to get political and it bit him in the ass. 

"

Officials at the D.O.J. tried to convince the F.B.I. that all Comey had promised Congress was that he would take a look at new information, that he risked creating another misimpression by sending a letter, that doing this so close to an election was insanity, and that “the overwhelming odds are that this will amount to nothing,” as one former official puts it.

One argument that the F.B.I gave in response was that now that the circle had become much bigger, including agents in New York, the probability of a leak was high and would only increase once the request for the warrant was filed. “Yes, it was absolutely explicit that one reason for the letter was that the agents in New York would leak it,” says a Justice Department source. “That is a crappy reason. You can’t manage your people? And a leak would have been better than what happened.” (In fact, on the morning of November 4, Giuliani returned to Fox & Friends, to gloat, “Did I hear about it? You’re darn right I heard about it.” Later that day, he tweeted, “I still challenge someone to produce proof of my direct involvement w @fbi.”)"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/02/james-comey-fbi-director-letter/amp

2 minutes ago, In10se said:

Gotta call a little bullshit on that one. There wss no reason for Comey to send the letter to congress at that time as he knew an immediate leak would occur by republicans. Sending that letter was the same as leaking it himself. 

You especially don't send it when you haven't determined if there was anything there. You start the investigation of new evidence and only advance forward if there are any conclusions that can be made for charges after it us completed... the same as any other FBI investigation. If doing this is proper protocol then why didn't he inform congress by letter of the investigation into trump that hadn't completed?

His reasoning for the leak letter was he was afraid his NY office was going to leak anyway after the info was discovered from Weiner's wife's computer? So you say because as director I have no control over my department leaking anyway I'm going to just go ahead and leak myself? That's a terrible rationalization. 

The proper play was to conduct the investgation of new info with the same protocol as any other investigation but Comey decided to get political and it bit him in the ass. 

"

Officials at the D.O.J. tried to convince the F.B.I. that all Comey had promised Congress was that he would take a look at new information, that he risked creating another misimpression by sending a letter, that doing this so close to an election was insanity, and that “the overwhelming odds are that this will amount to nothing,” as one former official puts it.

One argument that the F.B.I gave in response was that now that the circle had become much bigger, including agents in New York, the probability of a leak was high and would only increase once the request for the warrant was filed. “Yes, it was absolutely explicit that one reason for the letter was that the agents in New York would leak it,” says a Justice Department source. “That is a crappy reason. You can’t manage your people? And a leak would have been better than what happened.” (In fact, on the morning of November 4, Giuliani returned to Fox & Friends, to gloat, “Did I hear about it? You’re darn right I heard about it.” Later that day, he tweeted, “I still challenge someone to produce proof of my direct involvement w @fbi.”)"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/02/james-comey-fbi-director-letter/amp

Comey had a simple way to ensure that his letter to Congress wouldn't get leaked: in addition to informing them of the re-opening of the Clinton investigation, inform them that the FBI had opened an investigation into Trump's campaign. Jason Chaffetz would have buried that letter 50 feet under the ground. Why didn't he do that? And why, instead of sending any letter, didn't he put the fear of god into the NY office to ensure they don't meddle in the election?

Comey officially acknowledging the re-opening on the Clinton investigation in the manner he did was much more damaging to Hillary's campaign than some anonymous leaks from the NY office would have been. He fucked up, and he fucked up as badly as he possibly could have in that situation.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, In10se said:

"

ED0E2ED7-2889-4413-A92A-329DC661E5B0_zps

9F26C274-5519-493A-A8A9-8387D54517E1_zps

44721886-66C9-4778-A9B6-A0ED88FBBBF6_zps

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/democratic-party-files-lawsuit-alleging-russia-the-trump-campaign-and-wikileaks-conspired-to-disrupt-the-2016-campaign/2018/04/20/befe8364-4418-11e8-8569-26fda6b404c7_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6d9baf61d3ef

The Democratic National Committee filed a multimillion-dollar lawsuit Friday against the Russian government, the Trump campaign and the WikiLeaks organization alleging a far-reaching conspiracy to disrupt the 2016 campaign and tilt the election to Donald Trump.

The complaint, filed in federal district court in Manhattan, alleges that top Trump campaign officials conspired with the Russian government and its military spy agency to hurt Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton and help Trump by hacking the computer networks of the Democratic Party and disseminating stolen material found there.

20 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

ED0E2ED7-2889-4413-A92A-329DC661E5B0_zps

9F26C274-5519-493A-A8A9-8387D54517E1_zps

44721886-66C9-4778-A9B6-A0ED88FBBBF6_zps

Comey can rationalize it in his book however he wants, and maybe he was just incredibly stupid, but I refuse to believe a sitting FBI director wouldn't understand in the moment that the actions he took would influence the election. His rationalizations are faulty as I said before because no investigation is carried out that way with a letter to Congress before anything was found, and he knew damn well any info he gave congress would be immediately leaked for political gain. As a director you take measures to prevent the leak from your agents, but you never leak info yourself simply because you cannot control your own agency.

Since I refuse to believe Comey is stupid, the only real explanation I'm left with is he did it for his own political or personal reasons. 

Edited by In10se
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Comey had a simple way to ensure that his letter to Congress wouldn't get leaked: in addition to informing them of the re-opening of the Clinton investigation, inform them that the FBI had opened an investigation into Trump's campaign. Jason Chaffetz would have buried that letter 50 feet under the ground. Why didn't he do that? And why, instead of sending any letter, didn't he put the fear of god into the NY office to ensure they don't meddle in the election?

Comey officially acknowledging the re-opening on the Clinton investigation in the manner he did was much more damaging to Hillary's campaign than some anonymous leaks from the NY office would have been. He fucked up, and he fucked up as badly as he possibly could have in that situation.

Either he fucked up because he was an unfit director or he knew what he was doing and did it anyway. It's why I can't really take him seriously on all this stuff, especially since he immediately try to capitalize on his new-found politicism for personal gain.

But hey, I was just a federal investigator so what do I know about federal investigations

Comey's biggest fuckup was circumventing the DOJ with the press conference.

The only reason people give a shit about the reopening the email investigation is because Trump won. 

If Hillary had won, very few would be second guessing Comey's move. 

People just want someone to blame for Trump other than all those people that voted for him. 

I think the book was more about getting out his side of the story  and discussing the importance of ethical leadership than capital gain. But I do agree with your conclusion that he was unfit to continue as director due to his faulty decision-making. He was in over his head, and it doesn't seem he sought or took advice from others. Maybe he can't write about that but it seems odd not using others as sounding boards before making up his mind. 

Also, the book is revenge against Trump too. Not the main reason but surely a happy bonus. The way he is trolling him now is masterful. He is in his head almost as badly as Obama.

"In May 1984, an official from the Trump Organization called to tell me how rich Donald J. Trump was. I was reporting for the Forbes 400, the magazine’s annual ranking of America’s richest people, for the third year. In the previous edition, we’d valued Trump’s holdings at $200 million, only one-fifth of what he claimed to own in our interviews. This time, his aide urged me on the phone, I needed to understand just how loaded Trump really was.

The official was John Barron — a name we now know as an alter ego of Trump himself."

32 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Comey's biggest fuckup was circumventing the DOJ with the press conference.

The only reason people give a shit about the reopening the email investigation is because Trump won. 

If Hillary had won, very few would be second guessing Comey's move. 

People just want someone to blame for Trump other than all those people that voted for him. 

His biggest fuck up was getting political and involving himself in the political aspects of governance. Once he got down in the political mud then he felt he had to constantly be working in it. 

If he had just conducted these investigations true to protocol he wouldn't have put himself in such bad situations. 

Either way the play was, if anything, to tell the DOJ there were new aspects to the Weiner case that were being investigated and if there was somethung found that needed their attention it would be handled after that was determined. Nothing needed to be told to congress.  Then if it leaks it leaks but at least he would have been handling the case like any other case is handled and would have had the evidence to back it up. Giving a shit about Trump's ridiculous conspiracy theory crap was stupid. 

8 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

and he named his son after his alter ego. wtf, man

"Barron is like, a very very rich name. Hugely rich name. Barrons were some kind of English rich guys or something. Very very rich. Like me. Not as rich as me. Not even close. But still rich. Like maybe half a billion. Or maybe one."

13 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

and he named his son after his alter ego. wtf, man

That's a psychological result of conscience.  That's similar to how some guys name their kid That Smell In The Elevator That One Day Definitely Was Not Me, Jr.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chooky said:

When this all ends we're gonna find out about one of Trump's illegitimate sons being named Colludy McObstruction Pee and another named Henry Hugehands. 

Please call me Colludy. Mr. Obstruction Pee is my father's real name

5 minutes ago, sachick said:

How is he not over playing golf every weekend? Am I missing something by not being into golf, is it really that addicting and fun to play?

It isn't the golf. It's all that sweet taxpayer money he's funneling into his pockets. 

• Like 1

hey friends, just wanted to wish you guys a great friday. 

no nukes so far today. be grateful friends. its nice out. little rain coming in later tonight. going to be a great and hopefully fallout free weekend.

happy times motherfuckers

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Please call me Colludy. Mr. Obstruction Pee is my father's real name

Dr. Teeth is the model son of the very proud parents, Rudy and Judy.  He humbly insists on being called simply Colludy, but he didn't he didn't get the title of "Dr." by pulling up to a drive-thru and honking his horn.  Please, everyone, it's Dr. Colludy at a minimum.  I think we can all agree that he earned that.

How is he not over playing golf every weekend? Am I missing something by not being into golf, is it really that addicting and fun to play?

It is incredibly addicting for competitive personality types. Perfection through the round is impossible because of the variables in play, but on any individual swing you CAN be perfect, so you get a rush when those happen. It’s like the slot machine impact where all of the little “wins” make the overall experience feel like a net win even though you’re losing.

Hello, my name is Lurch and I’m addicted to golf.
  • Like 2