Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

If Hillary had won, one of her first acts of business would have been to fire James Comey. 

No way.  Hillary would have never fired him because, unlike Trump, she panics about optics and has PR teams going over every move she makes before she makes it.  Also, while Fox News and Breitbart are circling the drain under Trump, they'd be attacking Hillary with vigor and have record ratings.  Firing Comey would only feed that fire.  She'd let him finish and then feign a cordial working relationship with him.

9 minutes ago, Lurch said:

It is incredibly addicting for competitive personality types. Perfection through the round is impossible because of the variables in play, but on any individual swing you CAN be perfect, so you get a rush when those happen. It’s like the slot machine impact where all of the little “wins” make the overall experience feel like a net win even though you’re losing.

Hello, my name is Lurch and I’m addicted to golf.

Real athletic sports are like that too, but I guess its hard to pretend to do business while playing basketball or tennis.  I'd still rather play one of them over golf.  And if I'm fat and old, I'd rather bowl because strikes give those little wins too, and bowling is actually fun.  Golf just seems boring as shit to me.

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Comey had a simple way to ensure that his letter to Congress wouldn't get leaked: in addition to informing them of the re-opening of the Clinton investigation, inform them that the FBI had opened an investigation into Trump's campaign. Jason Chaffetz would have buried that letter 50 feet under the ground. Why didn't he do that? And why, instead of sending any letter, didn't he put the fear of god into the NY office to ensure they don't meddle in the election?

Comey officially acknowledging the re-opening on the Clinton investigation in the manner he did was much more damaging to Hillary's campaign than some anonymous leaks from the NY office would have been. He fucked up, and he fucked up as badly as he possibly could have in that situation.

Yep.  The way he broke policy for Hillary while holding to it for Trump was a disgrace.  

"In May 1984, an official from the Trump Organization called to tell me how rich Donald J. Trump was. I was reporting for the Forbes 400, the magazine’s annual ranking of America’s richest people, for the third year. In the previous edition, we’d valued Trump’s holdings at $200 million, only one-fifth of what he claimed to own in our interviews. This time, his aide urged me on the phone, I needed to understand just how loaded Trump really was.
The official was John Barron — a name we now know as an alter ego of Trump himself."

You’ll want to read the whole article. Fascinating

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/trump-lied-to-me-about-his-wealth-to-get-onto-the-forbes-400-here-are-the-tapes/2018/04/20/ac762b08-4287-11e8-8569-26fda6b404c7_story.html

10 minutes ago, Lurch said:

It's fascinating and illustrates how his whole career is a con-job based on playing a wealthy man.  Even that would be impressive until you remember that he's not even a self-made con-man.   He's a con-man who was handed family wealth, yet failed over and over again, only to keep getting bailed out by family wealth, until he finally found success as a TV reality actor who just licensed out his con-job name.   And in our idiocracy, that put him in the White House. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 1

It's fascinating and illustrates how his whole career is a con-job based on playing a wealthy man.  Even that would be impressive until you remember that he's not even a self-made con-man.   He's a con-man who was handed family wealth, yet failed over and over again, only to keep getting bailed out by family wealth, until he finally found success as a TV reality actor who just licensed out his con-job name.   And in our idiocracy, that put him in the White House. 

The-Aristocrats.jpg
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

What a piece of shit.

Do you have a FISA warrant on Mike Flynn. 

I said the answer was "yes".

For those that don't know, Matt Tait is a national security and informational security scholar. He's former GCHQ and at the Strauss Center at UT. He's posted before about how specific demands for fonts can be and you can actually determine what is redacted in many cases based on letter spacing etc if they just use a black line. 

15 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

The Art of the Deal 
1. Lie to become famous. 
2. Lie to become president. 
3. Destroy anyone who has a soul and knows the truth. 
4. When all else fails, work with criminals. 
5. Work with thug Heads of State. 
6. Destroy institutions that get in your way. 
7. God only knows what else.

54 minutes ago, Lurch said:

It is incredibly addicting for competitive personality types. Perfection through the round is impossible because of the variables in play, but on any individual swing you CAN be perfect, so you get a rush when those happen. It’s like the slot machine impact where all of the little “wins” make the overall experience feel like a net win even though you’re losing.

Hello, my name is Lurch and I’m addicted to golf.

Damn, perfect description. I too am a golf addict.

21 minutes ago, Pods said:

Do you have a FISA warrant on Mike Flynn. 

I said the answer was "yes".

For those that don't know, Matt Tait is a national security and informational security scholar. He's former GCHQ and at the Strauss Center at UT. He's posted before about how specific demands for fonts can be and you can actually determine what is redacted in many cases based on letter spacing etc if they just use a black line. 

According to this guys analysis, Comey is a monster. He uses double sentence spacing and capricious font selection. 

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

No way.  Hillary would have never fired him because, unlike Trump, she panics about optics and has PR teams going over every move she makes before she makes it.  Also, while Fox News and Breitbart are circling the drain under Trump, they'd be attacking Hillary with vigor and have record ratings.  Firing Comey would only feed that fire.  She'd let him finish and then feign a cordial working relationship with him.

Not quite circling the drain.

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/q1-2018-ratings-fox-news-remains-no-1-on-cable-television/360865

30 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

According to this guys analysis, Comey is a monster. He uses double sentence spacing and capricious font selection. 

To be fair, amongst us old law dogs, shaking the double sentence spacing his nigh on impossible.

18 hours ago, retread said:

^What could go wrong?

This follow up tweet has an interesting take:

In a way, playing on the racial stereotype of prison represents the best alibi for the white nationalist crowd that forms Trump's base. Provides an effective rationalization for flipping -- something the base would otherwise view as disloyal.

9 replies 38 retweets 307 likes

24 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I don’t know.  Is the consensus that is Trump?  Just sounded generic New Yorker to me. 

Verbal diarrhea, uses only 1 word over a 3rd grade reading level (and says it 4 times), and ends a sentence with "okay?". Yeah, that's Donald. Unless that's how a typical Vice President of Finance speaks. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I don’t know.  Is the consensus that is Trump?  Just sounded generic New Yorker to me. 

Apparently Trump used this identity throughout the 80's and admitted to it during a law suit. The suit was due to Trump using undocumented immigrants.

He also used the persona to get fellow USFL owners to reimburse him for overpaying Doug Flutie.

LOL The absurdity is off the charts with Trump.

Of course it's Trump.  As F250 pointed out, he admitted to using that pseudonym in a court proceeding several years after this phone call, and the NYC media allegedly claims he used it often to deflect criticism from Trump himself.  Throw in the fact that he named his young son "Barron" 20+ years later . . . yeah, it's him. 

i like how they are selling doomsday shit for a "donation" in order to keep their tax-exempt preacher status. if this isn't blatantly politicking from the pulpit, i don't know what is.

also, i'd like to know what booze/pill mix the broad has, because she's practically floating.