Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

It is bizarre to me that we get such scant updates on what’s actually happening with the aggie team. Like, there’s an occasional post here alluding to shit, and that’s about it. 

I went to the “Tell Me About A&M” thread hoping to see something, anything linked. Nope. Just jerkoffs interacting with the most banal twit on this site in Randolph. The latest update is hunting some random new poster down and threatening him over PM because he’s a suspected aggie. Motherfucker. 

I saw that you had to explain over and over to Randolph about the difference in an unofficial visit and an OV in regards to the aggy pool party and he still didn't get it. 

25 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I saw that you had to explain over and over to Randolph about the difference in an unofficial visit and an OV in regards to the aggy pool party and he still didn't get it. 

Well, he’s an imbecile with obvious mental issues. There are times when I am bored enough and sick enough to enjoy running him over, but generally speaking, he’s just a bandwidth drain. Deeply paranoid, OCD level repetitive, uncreative, voluminous and obsessed - that makes for a very tedious poster. I’m convinced that if immamac locked his access to only that thread, he’d go more than a month before he realized he couldn’t click on any other threads. 

• Haha 4

Just now, closetojumping said:

What’s the buzz on the QB situation? I have assumed it’s Johnson since he transferred there but the only talk I’ve seen so far is about King. 

Seems like King is going to win the job due to knowing the offense better

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

Seems like King is going to win the job due to knowing the offense better

I guess that makes sense. There was no outcome at QB for them that wasn’t going to be thorny. Bench King and they can write off east Texas and parts of Louisiana where the dad is known political player in the HSFHC ranks. Bench Johnson and alienate that family and probably make the weaker choice at QB. Bench both to play Weigman and yikes.  

Let’s face it, King will be broken into a million little pieces and done for the season by game 3 again, or he’ll play himself out of the starting spot once the noodle arm is proven too much to ignore. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I guess that makes sense. There was no outcome at QB for them that wasn’t going to be thorny. Bench King and they can write off east Texas and parts of Louisiana where the dad is known political player in the HSFHC ranks. Bench Johnson and alienate that family and probably make the weaker choice at QB. Bench both to play Weigman and yikes.  

Let’s face it, King will be broken into a million little pieces and done for the season by game 3 again, or he’ll play himself out of the starting spot once the noodle arm is proven too much to ignore. 

Yep. LSU dealt with something similar last year between Johnson and Nussmeier both having a lot of helicopters hovering around 

If I were them I’d roll with Johnson, but maybe he’s been bad enough to where they can’t justify starting him 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Fud said:

Posters are now saying it was 2 INTs and a fumble, and one INT wasn’t his fault. So take that for what it’s worth 

Meanwhile our 9.95ers broadcast total interceptions including warmups and 7 on 7 to make it sound like our QBs are trash.

• Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I kind of hope King holds the job until conference play and then throws 8 picks in the first 6 quarters of SEC play.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Drool 1

Do people not remember that Johnson was benched last year at LSU?

I never understood why that was considered some big move. 

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Meanwhile our 9.95ers broadcast total interceptions including warmups and 7 on 7 to make it sound like our QBs are trash.

That's likely why there aren't many practice reports. Their offense is shit. 

12 minutes ago, Fud said:

Yep. LSU dealt with something similar last year between Johnson and Nussmeier both having a lot of helicopters hovering around 

If I were them I’d roll with Johnson, but maybe he’s been bad enough to where they can’t justify starting him 

To be fair, you don't need much arm strength to throw it to the RBs in the flats

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Do people not remember that Johnson was benched last year at LSU?

I never understood why that was considered some big move. 

That's likely why there aren't many practice reports. Their offense is shit. 

Last year Johnson threw for 300 yards and three touchdowns including a key 9 play TD drive with 2 minutes left to take the lead against the 85 Bears defense in the best college atmosphere of all time.

Surprised that wasn’t enough to give him the starting job, and maybe it still is. 

• Haha 1

https://www.secrant.com/rant/texas-a-m-sports/official-2022-23-fightin-texas-aggie-football-thread/103673000/page-4/

Spoiler

Someone on twitter said that Turner, Raikes and Jackson dominated

Their offensive line sounds like it sucks. Really their entire offense. In standard Texags fashion, it also sounds like they killed their scrimmage thread because it was becoming obvious the offense was trash. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

40 minutes ago, Vermin said:

They've had an incredibly lucky run at OL as well. I wonder if it has run out.

@texifornia beat me to it...

Ran out when Henson left for USC and Addazio was picked to replace him... Addazio has notoriously underperformed for years. He's living off the reputation he got under Urban Meyer but has failed to come close without him. I expect Colorado State level "improvements" from their O-line.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

https://www.secrant.com/rant/texas-a-m-sports/official-2022-23-fightin-texas-aggie-football-thread/103673000/page-4/

Hide contents

Someone on twitter said that Turner, Raikes and Jackson dominated

Their offensive line sounds like it sucks. Really their entire offense. In standard Texags fashion, it also sounds like they killed their scrimmage thread because it was becoming obvious the offense was trash. 

Raikes is JAG-ish and Jackson didn't do anything last year.

I also saw in think on the gig'em board Foster was now at Guard?  

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Raikes is JAG-ish and Jackson didn't do anything last year.

I also saw in think on the gig'em board Foster was now at Guard?  

I said at the end of the season last year that Foster looked like a JAG. 

He was getting destroyed at the point of attack by any interior DL with strength. 

13 minutes ago, Fud said:

And they do have a strong DL

Do we know that? They have a lot of talent. 

You could definitely argue they had a strong DL last year with who was returning but this year it's a bunch of players that haven't done much of anything yet. I'm sure their DL will be good with the talent they have but not sure about "strong." 

11 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I said at the end of the season last year that Foster looked like a JAG. 

He was getting destroyed at the point of attack by any interior DL with strength. 

I mean, he was a true freshman 

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Do we know that? They have a lot of talent. 

You could definitely argue they had a strong DL last year with who was returning but this year it's a bunch of players that haven't done much of anything yet. I'm sure their DL will be good with the talent they have but not sure about "strong." 

I’ll assume that a bunch of highly rated guys they’ve stockpiled will be strong, and if they aren’t, I’ll be pleasantly surprised 

Just now, Fud said:

I mean, he was a true freshman 

I've been down this road before but go watch the LSU game. That was the end of the season where Foster wasn't really a true freshman anymore. You expect players to get better not worse. 

He was awful at the end of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if aggy is moving Foster to guard because it isn't working at center. Maybe moving him to guard will simplify things for him. 

From the same SEC rant thread. 

Spoiler

King is the starter. Will be announced in the next couple of days. The DL is unbelievably good. I'm not sure that Foster is going to get the job back at center. Our WR's are being "coached" by Coley these days - that is the most exciting bit of news. Period.

It definitely sounds like Foster was moved because of how bad he was at center which isn't surprising to me. I said this last year immediately after the LSU game. He was fucking terrible. 

These practice reports read so much like our practice reports last season. "The DL is unbelievably good" when reality is their OL is  just shitty. Their DL is  better than our DL last year so that at least has some merit but they can't grasp that their OL might be terrible. 

9 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

From the same SEC rant thread. 

Hide contents

King is the starter. Will be announced in the next couple of days. The DL is unbelievably good. I'm not sure that Foster is going to get the job back at center. Our WR's are being "coached" by Coley these days - that is the most exciting bit of news. Period.

It definitely sounds like Foster was moved because of how bad he was at center which isn't surprising to me. I said this last year immediately after the LSU game. He was fucking terrible. 

These practice reports read so much like our practice reports last season. "The DL is unbelievably good" when reality is their OL is  just shitty. Their DL is  better than our DL last year so that at least has some merit but they can't grasp that their OL might be terrible. 

I think Foster got moved because he took time away from the program, potentially while debating quitting football to focus on T&F, and fell behind at center. Pretty sure before that ordeal he was still penciled in at center 

• Hook 'Em 1

From Texags. 

Spoiler

Someone copied a post from paid site and put it on Twitter. Started some banter between twitter poster and BL. The point of the paid site post was defense dominated and none of the qbs did much. Due to his speed, King was able to run around to keep from being sacked. He threw 2 ints. One called back for defensive holding.

Their offense sucks and the OL can't block. It also sounds like King is going to be the QB simply because they know their OL can't block. 

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

I think Foster got moved because he took time away from the program, potentially while debating quitting football to focus on T&F, and fell behind at center. Pretty sure before that ordeal he was still penciled in at center 

Foster made a terrible career move. Texas has one of the best throws coach in the country (if not the best). 

I know this isn't talked about a lot in this thread but Foster kind of flopped in T&F last year. There were big expectations that he didn't meet. He was a freshman but people were expecting a lot more out of him. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Foster made a terrible career move. Texas has one of the best throws coach in the country (if not the best). 

I know this isn't talked about a lot in this thread but Foster kind of flopped in T&F last year. There were big expectations that he didn't meet. He was a freshman but people were expecting a lot more out of him. 

Red assed aggy mommy disagrees. Do you know many likes she got on TexAgs when Foster committed to aggy?! 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I kind of hope King holds the job until conference play and then throws 8 picks in the first 6 quarters of SEC play.

It'll certainly be fun to watch their expensive, new, high profile wideout go all Keyshawn on the sidelines.  

Edited by Mdhorn

10 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It is bizarre to me that we get such scant updates on what’s actually happening with the aggie team. Like, there’s an occasional post here alluding to shit, and that’s about it. 

I went to the “Tell Me About A&M” thread hoping to see something, anything linked. Nope. Just jerkoffs interacting with the most banal twit on this site in Randolph. The latest update is hunting some random new poster down and threatening him over PM because he’s a suspected aggie. Motherfucker. 

I'm pretty sure the reason there aren't any camp updates is about the same reason why we haven't seen the Looch 44 yet.

No news must mean good news over there.

51 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

A live-action scrimmage is next level

Live action scrimmage must be similar to what disney did a few years back with all of the live action movies from their animated movies. They did that so their trademarks wouldn't expire, and I can see that since aggy hasnt really played football for 83 years.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

From Texags. 

Reveal hidden contents

Someone copied a post from paid site and put it on Twitter. Started some banter between twitter poster and BL. The point of the paid site post was defense dominated and none of the qbs did much. Due to his speed, King was able to run around to keep from being sacked. He threw 2 ints. One called back for defensive holding.

Their offense sucks and the OL can't block. It also sounds like King is going to be the QB simply because they know their OL can't block. 

Fisher ahead of schedule installing program ending oline at A&M..

• Haha 1

Chin Pubes sunshine pumping, courtesy of LHF:

Billy Liucci's TexAgs Premium
Sunday camp wrap

Staff Only
Liucci

- I'm going to start with a point that too many of the various 'scrimmage reports' left out following yesterday's Kyle Field session. The fact of the matter is that the Ags got pretty banged up along the offensive line (nothing long-term), and the first-team was working without three projected starters shortly into the day's work (Layden Robinson, Akinola Ogunbiyi and Bryce Foster). In addition, center Matthew Wykoff was also out.

The fact of the matter is that the offense had a very good day a week ago in Scrimmage #1. As you might imagine, the defense took the field on Saturday on a bit of a mission and it showed. That was especially so in the trenches, where the A&M defensive line had a day. Per every report, D.J. Durkin's crew generally controlled the line of scrimmage and got after the Aggie quarterbacks for most of the afternoon.

As you can imagine, that made things tough on the three signal-callers competing for the starting job. Haynes King threw what was nearly a pick six to Demani Richardson, and the passing game and offense in general had a much rougher go of it than they did a week ago.

- Great day for the defense on Saturday, good day for the offense a week ago, but it's what was in between that really caught my attention this week.

Throughout the week, insiders have been going on and on about how well the Aggies were practicing. In fact, one longtime observer who was in Tallahassee for Fisher's incredible run said Thursday's practice was as good as any he's seen since the 2013 season at FSU. Just the energy, execution and competitiveness of it all was championship level stuff.

And on a day when all three quarterbacks excelled, it's worth noting that Max Johnson may have put together his best showing of fall camp. I'm not sure when Jimbo Fisher will make his final decision (probably sometime in the next 3-4 days if I had to guess), but what I do know is each of the QBs have looked good during camp.

Haynes King may have been the most consistent performer to date, but Johnson could be making a move at just the right time, certainly enough to make Jimbo's decision a very tough one. As I've said before, how Fisher handles this choice and how to bring soon-to-be sensational freshman Conner Weigman along (I'm not saying Weigman is Trevor or Tua, but I think he's a special talent and you have got to get some kind of feel for what he can do in game action along the way) is why this is the head coach's most important QB derby since he went with redshirt freshman Jameis Winston over Andrew Coker at FSU prior to the 2013 season.

Why? Because Fisher has stockpiled national championship-caliber talent in College Station, and the next 2-3 seasons are set up for one hell of a run.

Another thing I do know? Jimbo's decision won't be made by overzealous donors. I know you human potatoes in burnt orange who frequent this board are reading this, so I figured I'd throw you a bone. I'd also love to remind you how insanely dumb you are to think Steve Sarkisian has any real power in Austin these days. I know you hate to hear this, but Sark wasn't Chris Del Conte's choice to coach Texas, and Ewers wasn't Five Win's desired pick to open the season as the Longhorn starter. Now go run along and enjoy your Sunday.

Back to business...

- Devon Achane (along with Evan Stewart and Ainias Smith) was wearing a yellow jersey on Saturday, meaning they were off-limits in terms of tackling. Achane saw light work, which allowed the Aggie staff to get an extensive look at the rest of the backfield. On Saturday, it was Amari Daniels who I was told ripped off a few nice runs. This is a position of real strength, as all of the backs not named Achane have had their moments and are more than good enough to keep the chains moving and produce big plays when #6 isn't on the field. I said it before and will again, however: Keep an eye on Le'Veon Moss as the season progresses.

-I mentioned Foster, Wykoff and the center position earlier in this piece, and it's a spot that's beginning to get pretty interesting. Bryce has missed a good portion of fall camp (he returned to action a little more than a week ago) and also didn't practice during the spring while making a run at the national championships in track & field. Along the way, the second-year center from Magnolia has received very valuable reps with the 1s and versus a first-team Aggie DT rotation that's as good as anything that the A&M offense will face this year. Steve Addazio probably feels pretty good about the depth Wykoff is now providing in the middle, and as the season-opener nears, I think it's fair to say keeping an eye on the reps at center between now and Sam Houston would be wise. Don't get me wrong, there are few better than Bryce as far as young centers go, and I'd expect the two-sport standout to fight his way back into the starting lineup. I'm just saying that I don't think it's a lay-down guarantee from day one when you factor in how Wykoff has performed and how much time practice time Bryce has missed.

- Demani Richardson's theft of a King pass was one of many highlights the senior safety has produced during camp, as both he and fellow veteran Antonio Johnson have both looked exceptional from wire to wire. Richardson doesn't get talked about nearly enough for a four-year starter with what will likely be a long NFL future. Both from talking to him and hearing about the results, it certainly sounds like Demani is going to thrive playing in D.J. Durkin's system, where he'll likely spend a lot more time on the boundary and also creeping a little closer to the line of scrimmage more often than he did under Mike Elko.

- Speaking of the safety spot, there's a pretty interesting battle heating up opposite Demani between a pair of Louisiana products. True freshman Jacoby Mathews is making a real push to become one of the first members of A&M's ballyhooed Class of '22 to force his way into the lineup. The ongoing to battle between he and second-year man Jardin Gilbert is a very good one. Gilbert has had a strong camp, but Mathews has the look of a future star. Both will play and play a lot early, but I'm not sure Mathews isn't No. 2 on my current list when it comes to true freshmen most likely to open the season with the 1s come opening day.

- I've mentioned pretty much all of the true freshmen defensive linemen plenty throughout camp, but one I don't think I've brought up enough is former Katy standout Malick Sylla. The long, rangy defensive end still needs work in the weight room, but he's actually already very strong and his length, get-off and twitch off the edge make him a guy that one trusted source believes "is a guy who can help us rushing the passer this year and possibly in a big way." That freshman defensive line class is absolutely loaded, folks. Look for Durkin and Co. to roll them out in waves throughout September.

- Despite the defense ruling the day, there were a handful of offensive highlights from the scrimmage, including:

King to Evan Stewart during two-minute drill on a beautiful throw-and-catch in the end zone...Max Johnson finding Moose Muhammad deep down the field for a big gain...Jake Johnson with an excellent grab and fellow true freshman Donovan Green with a couple of snags...another long strike down the sideline from Johnson to Muhammad that was nullified because the whistle was blown due to a would-be sack (a terrific throw and catch, nonetheless

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Sunday camp wrap

Staff Only
Liucci

- I'm going to start with a point that too many of the various 'scrimmage reports' left out following yesterday's Kyle Field session. The fact of the matter is that the Ags got pretty banged up along the offensive line (nothing long-term), and the first-team was working without three projected starters shortly into the day's work (Layden Robinson, Akinola Ogunbiyi and Bryce Foster). In addition, center Matthew Wykoff was also out.

The fact of the matter is that the offense had a very good day a week ago in Scrimmage #1. As you might imagine, the defense took the field on Saturday on a bit of a mission and it showed. That was especially so in the trenches, where the A&M defensive line had a day. Per every report, D.J. Durkin's crew generally controlled the line of scrimmage and got after the Aggie quarterbacks for most of the afternoon.

As you can imagine, that made things tough on the three signal-callers competing for the starting job. Haynes King threw what was nearly a pick six to Demani Richardson, and the passing game and offense in general had a much rougher go of it than they did a week ago.

- Great day for the defense on Saturday, good day for the offense a week ago, but it's what was in between that really caught my attention this week.

Throughout the week, insiders have been going on and on about how well the Aggies were practicing. In fact, one longtime observer who was in Tallahassee for Fisher's incredible run said Thursday's practice was as good as any he's seen since the 2013 season at FSU. Just the energy, execution and competitiveness of it all was championship level stuff.

And on a day when all three quarterbacks excelled, it's worth noting that Max Johnson may have put together his best showing of fall camp. I'm not sure when Jimbo Fisher will make his final decision (probably sometime in the next 3-4 days if I had to guess), but what I do know is each of the QBs have looked good during camp.

Haynes King may have been the most consistent performer to date, but Johnson could be making a move at just the right time, certainly enough to make Jimbo's decision a very tough one. As I've said before, how Fisher handles this choice and how to bring soon-to-be sensational freshman Conner Weigman along (I'm not saying Weigman is Trevor or Tua, but I think he's a special talent and you have got to get some kind of feel for what he can do in game action along the way) is why this is the head coach's most important QB derby since he went with redshirt freshman Jameis Winston over Andrew Coker at FSU prior to the 2013 season.

Why? Because Fisher has stockpiled national championship-caliber talent in College Station, and the next 2-3 seasons are set up for one hell of a run.

Another thing I do know? Jimbo's decision won't be made by overzealous donors. I know you human potatoes in burnt orange who frequent this board are reading this, so I figured I'd throw you a bone. I'd also love to remind you how insanely dumb you are to think Steve Sarkisian has any real power in Austin these days. I know you hate to hear this, but Sark wasn't Chris Del Conte's choice to coach Texas, and Ewers wasn't Five Win's desired pick to open the season as the Longhorn starter. Now go run along and enjoy your Sunday.

Back to business...

- Devon Achane (along with Evan Stewart and Ainias Smith) was wearing a yellow jersey on Saturday, meaning they were off-limits in terms of tackling. Achane saw light work, which allowed the Aggie staff to get an extensive look at the rest of the backfield. On Saturday, it was Amari Daniels who I was told ripped off a few nice runs. This is a position of real strength, as all of the backs not named Achane have had their moments and are more than good enough to keep the chains moving and produce big plays when #6 isn't on the field. I said it before and will again, however: Keep an eye on Le'Veon Moss as the season progresses.

-I mentioned Foster, Wykoff and the center position earlier in this piece, and it's a spot that's beginning to get pretty interesting. Bryce has missed a good portion of fall camp (he returned to action a little more than a week ago) and also didn't practice during the spring while making a run at the national championships in track & field. Along the way, the second-year center from Magnolia has received very valuable reps with the 1s and versus a first-team Aggie DT rotation that's as good as anything that the A&M offense will face this year. Steve Addazio probably feels pretty good about the depth Wykoff is now providing in the middle, and as the season-opener nears, I think it's fair to say keeping an eye on the reps at center between now and Sam Houston would be wise. Don't get me wrong, there are few better than Bryce as far as young centers go, and I'd expect the two-sport standout to fight his way back into the starting lineup. I'm just saying that I don't think it's a lay-down guarantee from day one when you factor in how Wykoff has performed and how much time practice time Bryce has missed.

- Demani Richardson's theft of a King pass was one of many highlights the senior safety has produced during camp, as both he and fellow veteran Antonio Johnson have both looked exceptional from wire to wire. Richardson doesn't get talked about nearly enough for a four-year starter with what will likely be a long NFL future. Both from talking to him and hearing about the results, it certainly sounds like Demani is going to thrive playing in D.J. Durkin's system, where he'll likely spend a lot more time on the boundary and also creeping a little closer to the line of scrimmage more often than he did under Mike Elko.

- Speaking of the safety spot, there's a pretty interesting battle heating up opposite Demani between a pair of Louisiana products. True freshman Jacoby Mathews is making a real push to become one of the first members of A&M's ballyhooed Class of '22 to force his way into the lineup. The ongoing to battle between he and second-year man Jardin Gilbert is a very good one. Gilbert has had a strong camp, but Mathews has the look of a future star. Both will play and play a lot early, but I'm not sure Mathews isn't No. 2 on my current list when it comes to true freshmen most likely to open the season with the 1s come opening day.

- I've mentioned pretty much all of the true freshmen defensive linemen plenty throughout camp, but one I don't think I've brought up enough is former Katy standout Malick Sylla. The long, rangy defensive end still needs work in the weight room, but he's actually already very strong and his length, get-off and twitch off the edge make him a guy that one trusted source believes "is a guy who can help us rushing the passer this year and possibly in a big way." That freshman defensive line class is absolutely loaded, folks. Look for Durkin and Co. to roll them out in waves throughout September.

- Despite the defense ruling the day, there were a handful of offensive highlights from the scrimmage, including:

King to Evan Stewart during two-minute drill on a beautiful throw-and-catch in the end zone...Max Johnson finding Moose Muhammad deep down the field for a big gain...Jake Johnson with an excellent grab and fellow true freshman Donovan Green with a couple of snags...another long strike down the sideline from Johnson to Muhammad that was nullified because the whistle was blown due to a would-be sack (a terrific throw and catch, nonetheless

Haha here come the national titles! What a bullshit artist. The only human potatoes are his subscribers.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Sunday camp wrap

Staff Only
Liucci

Back to business...

Worth considering that if any Texas insiders randomly started talking about the A&M QB competition in the middle of a Longhorns practice report, they would rightfully be mocked relentlessly

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Sunday camp wrap

Staff Only
Liucci

Back to business...

Holy shit. This is spectacular. He is positioning this team as a national title contender all while taking a breather to address the Texas QB battle out if nowhere in a scrimmage report. The roller coaster conductor is on the clock.

• Haha 2