Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

A few thoughts:

- If Max Wright is the guy all season, that spells issues for a TE-focused offense.  He’s a DE converted to TE, has been dinged up much of his career. It’s hard to see him being more than just OK at the position although he does have the brains and attention to detail. One of the freshmen needs to emerge for the offense to be more than OK. 

- If Anderson is really pushing Johnson at nickel, I would expect to see Johnson somewhere else on the field, likely at S.  He may be the best and most proven defender on the team.

- A lack of depth at RB means you may see more of Ainas Smith in that role, but the problem is that he doesn’t offer a different physical set that Achane. 

Max Wright is not going to be the guy all season. Their freshmen TEs will play a lot. 

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Max Wright as intelligent and having attention to detail are new ones to me. Are we basing this on him not facing any consequences for sexual assault(s)?

All of the praise for him has been about how well he is learning the offense and the role, little on his ability to make the plays.  In 9.95 speak, that’s setting up an explanation for why a guy is starting when everyone in the stands can see he’s not getting the job done. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 1

Sounds like a lot of 14-10 games for the aggies.  I believe their D-line is legit. They have very suspect corners.  If the o-line is an issue then King makes sense and will dramatically affect targets to WR’s. King is a paper tiger and will be hurt by Bama.  Max Johnson is a sitting duck.  I am having a hard time believing that A&M will win more than 7 games 

• Drool 2

7 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Sounds like a lot of 14-10 games for the aggies.  I believe their D-line is legit. They have very suspect corners.  If the o-line is an issue then King makes sense and will dramatically affect targets to WR’s. King is a paper tiger and will be hurt by Bama.  Max Johnson is a sitting duck.  I am having a hard time believing that A&M will win more than 7 games 

Aggie schedule talk is a broken record.  In addition to 3 cupcakes (down from the usual 4), in their other 9 games they face 5 first- or second-year head coaches.  They play 8 teams that are unranked in the pre-season polls.  They are ranked higher than every team but one.  On paper they should easily win 8.  They are the real team whose coach will have shit the bed if they don't win 9.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Max Wright as intelligent and having attention to detail are new ones to me. Are we basing this on him not facing any consequences for sexual assault(s)?

Wait, what's the story with Max Wright and sexual assaults?

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

All of the praise for him has been about how well he is learning the offense and the role, little on his ability to make the plays.  In 9.95 speak, that’s setting up an explanation for why a guy is starting when everyone in the stands can see he’s not getting the job done. 

I wasn't referencing Wright in my earlier post. The inexperience + talent issue is of course with Green and Johnson. I view the possibility of Wright starting in the Bama game as 1% or less. I'm sure they'll open with him against Sam and then give the other guys plenty of reps, of course.

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Wait, what's the story with Max Wright and sexual assaults?

I wasn't referencing Wright in my earlier post. The inexperience + talent issue is of course with Green and Johnson. I view the possibility of Wright starting in the Bama game as 1% or less. I'm sure they'll open with him against Sam and then give the other guys plenty of reps, of course.

I can't access the articles anymore because they are behind paywalls. 
https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/board/20/Contents/sexual-assault-allegation-of-max-wright-148963986/
https://texas.forums.rivals.com/threads/aggie-player-max-wright-accused-of-sexual-assault.478893/

I can't remember the details, I believe it was one girl who basically said he drove them to remote spots in his truck and threatened them, and the girl said several other women had experienced the same thing but were scared to come forward. It all just...went away. 

HEre's our page with some discussion on it. Try not to get any Randolph Duke on you. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/board/20/Contents/sexual-assault-allegation-of-max-wright-148963986/
https://texas.forums.rivals.com/threads/aggie-player-max-wright-accused-of-sexual-assault.478893/

I can't remember the details, I believe it was one girl who basically said he drove them to remote spots in his truck and threatened them, and the girl said several other women had experienced the same thing but were scared to come forward. It all just...went away. 

Wow.

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

HEre's our page with some discussion on it. Try not to get any Randolph Duke on you. 

That Jimbo is a STRICT disciplinarian. Went to the Art Briles School of Looking the Other Way.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, cafe society said:

When your rap sheet has more entries than your passport and you're nearly 50, yeah... pathetic.

Staying in College Station to become a professional Aggie. Think about that. You're entire life and identity tied to who you were and cared about in college. You then imagine that college is Texas A&M and cultish lunacy is the brand.

He's made money. More than me, I'm sure. I wouldn't trade places with him for double that money. I have had a life, and I have gladly gone through changes over the decades. We all have except for sad Billy wearing is cap backwards and keeping the college slouch thing going.

Pathetic.

• Hook 'Em 3

16 hours ago, cafe society said:

When your rap sheet has more entries than your passport and you're nearly 50, yeah... pathetic.

Whoa waitaminit…..

I’m older and don’t  have a passport but I may of had a brush with the law a couple times…..

please don’t say I’m more pathetic than that cock sucker…..

On 8/25/2022 at 8:54 AM, ClubWhatever said:

Aggie schedule talk is a broken record.  In addition to 3 cupcakes (down from the usual 4), in their other 9 games they face 5 first- or second-year head coaches.  They play 8 teams that are unranked in the pre-season polls.  They are ranked higher than every team but one.  On paper they should easily win 8.  They are the real team whose coach will have shit the bed if they don't win 9.

They have won either seven or eight games every season for 9 seasons in a row. Consistent. 

I place the O/U before King is hurt a +2.5 games.  Max Johnson is a statue and will be killed behind that line win the SEC.  The coming eruption of Aggie tears is going to be special.  This has all the makings of the 2017 FSU team circa SEC West 2022.  This is going to be hilarious to watch. 

• Drool 2

27 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Won’t be nearly as hilarious to watch as when the D-line starts getting poached off by contenders.  

When those guys that signed on with promises of $$$ for playing time don’t play..it’s going to be epic. Jimbo has a history of this.  

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/27bf537e-e67c-4557-bfd4-d97c733b12a0