Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

12 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

When those guys that signed on with promises of $$$ for playing time don’t play..it’s going to be epic. Jimbo has a history of this.  

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/27bf537e-e67c-4557-bfd4-d97c733b12a0

Disregard that even, which is a huge problem in itself, but it’s just difficult to placate ~5-6 “elite” young players in the same position.  We don’t know how or if they’ll turn out, but they were good recruits. Imagine if you’re showing out but regularly being overly rotated and your team is not a contender, and $$$ starts being offered from a winner where you can be the man, the missing piece. Or, aggy has one or two show out and you’re a top 5 DL bench rider. I know they equate Jimbo with Saban, who’s largely shown he can manage hoards of elite recruits, but lol.  

1 hour ago, Harvdog said:

I place the O/U before King is hurt a +2.5 games.  Max Johnson is a statue and will be killed behind that line win the SEC.  The coming eruption of Aggie tears is going to be special.  This has all the makings of the 2017 FSU team circa SEC West 2022.  This is going to be hilarious to watch. 

You're discounting their ability to equivocate, and say "If King hadn't gotten injured we'd have won the National Championship".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

You're discounting their ability to equivocate, and say "If King hadn't gotten injured we'd have won the National Championship".

Especially after them being picked as a potential NC contender on the pregame kickoff show by that moron Desmond Howard… 

Now we have set up the revisionist history of “if King didn’t get hurt we would have won it all, just like all of the media predicted us too at the beginning of the season. We just have bad luck, but Jimbo will have us ready to go next year!”

17 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Is this the same “QB King” who threw 3 INTs into the hands of Kent State defenders?

I wonder if the Aggies rationalized this the way they did a close game against McNeese State (and many other times) towards the end of RC's run. McNeese would probably finish in the middle of the Big 12. They're that good.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Deej said:

I'm sure Looch is reading this. C'mon, Chin Pubes...tell us the story behind the decision. 

From the inside you cant explain it. From the outside you cant understand it.

On the bright side, King will be good for at least 1 or 2 WTF losses before giving way to Johnson. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

All I know is that Billy told us a guy who watched FSU practices watched one of these and said the practices were National Championship Level. Championship. Level.

Jimbo knows how to win prance his way to a national championship. 

Not a single QB on that roster who could master that dinosaur offense like Jameis Winston could

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

@Hiphopopotamos have you seen a SHSU depth chart for this week yet?

Its sort of the weirdest off-season ever - there has been absolutely no info to come out of fall camp and it seems as though most fans are pretty apathetic about this year.  The fact SHSU isn't allowed to compete in FCS playoffs this year, because of their move to FBS next season, seems to have really diminished both fans and media's interest in the 2022 season. 

30 minutes ago, Rholl said:

wait why cant SHSU compete in playoffs this year because of something happening nxt yr?   Seems like a great way to shit on your senior class.

Yes.  SHSU is moving to FBS and joining Conference USA as of July 1, 2023.  In retaliation their current conference, the Southland conference, decided they were ineligible for a conference title and post-season play.

I lived in Huntsville through high school and Sam has never drawn huge crowds even for home games. I went to their home game against Jacksonville State last year when Sam was ranked #1 and coming off the spring Covid national championship. Bowers was less than half full for that game in late October on a clear, sunny fall day.

I have thought from the beginning that Sam should have taken the NDSU approach and work to be a consistent national power at the FCS level (big fish in a small pond approach) instead of going to the  FBS level.

7 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Yes.  SHSU is moving to FBS and joining Conference USA as of July 1, 2023.  In retaliation their current conference, the Southland conference, decided they were ineligible for a conference title and post-season play.

Actually the reason that SHSU can't compete for the FCS playoffs is because as it's their transition year, they have upped their scholarship level to 85 like the rest of the FBS, instead of the FCS level of 63.  That would give them a huge depth advantage over all of the other FCS teams if they were allowed to compete in the post season.  Also, Sam is in the WAC, not the Southland Conference.  The SLC kicked them and the other teams that were jumping ship out prior to last season, so they haven't been in the SLC for a while.  Last year the WAC and the ASUN competed in an alliance because neither had enough football members on their own, so technically Sam won 2 conference championships last season.  I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure they could play in a bowl game this season if they become bowl eligible and get an invite.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Hairy Biped said:

Actually the reason that SHSU can't compete for the FCS playoffs is because as it's their transition year, they have upped their scholarship level to 85 like the rest of the FBS, instead of the FCS level of 63.  That would give them a huge depth advantage over all of the other FCS teams if they were allowed to compete in the post season.  Also, Sam is in the WAC, not the Southland Conference.  The SLC kicked them and the other teams that were jumping ship out prior to last season, so they haven't been in the SLC for a while.  Last year the WAC and the ASUN competed in an alliance because neither had enough football members on their own, so technically Sam won 2 conference championships last season.  I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure they could play in a bowl game this season if they become bowl eligible and get an invite.

Im not gonna pretend to know all the bylaws at whatever..... but they cant be in the playoffs because they have too many scholarship players giving them a competitive advantage...... but its ok to kick the shit outta all conference opponents with same scholarship advantage?????????     

10 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

SHSU doesn't name a starter at QB:

Look who is one of the starting safeties for the Bearkats. Maybe he'll decide not to run alongside the ball carrier and might actually try to make a tackle.

Also, I thought Jordan Morris played for the Seattle Sounders. I guess I'm fine with him playing for the Bearkats as long as he doesn't suit up for the USMNT.

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Look who is one of the starting safeties for the Bearkats. Maybe he'll decide not to run alongside the ball carrier and might actually try to make a tackle.

Also, I thought Jordan Morris played for the Seattle Sounders. I guess I'm fine with him playing for the Bearkats as long as he doesn't suit up for the USMNT.

Yep, Jordan Morris won at “natty” at Stanford and then decided that transferring to SHSU was only logical next move in his academic (& athletic) career.

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Hubbard was a pretty good DL for Colorado State a few years ago, but hasn't played much last few years, either due to injuries or sitting out covid year.

Yes, I think he may have been all mountain west one year? Maybe 2nd team?  I had a nephew at CSU who said he was pretty good.