Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

The Addazio hire was indefensible. He’s completely toxic and hasn’t been an offensive line coach in more than a decade. And he was considered to be behind the times as an offensive mind way back then. They have nobody on that offensive staff who is innovative. Just a bunch of dinosaurs, yes men, and bag droppers. I still don’t think Durkin is a bad DC. He was good at Ole Miss.

But they are in what, year five of the Jimbo experience and every recruiting class has been top 10? And he’s got that ridiculous contract? They are stuck with him unless they go full Tennessee and throw him under the NCAA bus. Maybe they make him hire a real OC this off season. I don’t know if his ego would allow it. 

Wrong! Addazio was the perfect hire IMO.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I'll be a little surprised if King starts this week tbh

The cuck talked down on the media with his usual mumbo-jumbo(media of course sat there and took it like a good aggie) and made it clear, he's evaluating every detail of the program and making changes....he also had every mirror removed from his office/car/home.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Jimbo needs to hire a real OC seems to be aggy’s most consistent quick fix. So they’ll probably force him into it. I expect the hire to be an expensive POS with SEC experience, so Briles Jr come on down. 

FSU tried to get him to hire an OC.

Good luck with that. 

5 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This is what's going to happen. Jimbo is going to start playing all the young players so he can use the "we are really young" excuse. 

He is playing the young guys, the biggest change he can make is Weigman for King. The problem is the staff upheaval he had was a big failure and his offense really sucks.

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

He is playing the young guys, the biggest change he can make is Weigman for King. The problem is the staff upheaval he had was a big failure and his offense really sucks.

They can get a lot younger. Right now it looks like they're playing Crownover at TE over all the FR with Max Wright out. Those FR tight ends must not be ready at all. Then on the DL they're playing a lot of year 2 and 3 guys over that talented FR class. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

They can get a lot younger. Right now it looks like they're playing Crownover at TE over all the FR with Max Wright out. Those FR tight ends must not be ready at all. Then on the DL they're playing a lot of year 2 and 3 guys over that talented FR class. 

Listening to the aggy radio during the game, I heard Green mentioned at TE the most. Their OL is pretty young, it just sucks. Most of their freshmen DL class is injured.

10 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Listening to the aggy radio during the game, I heard Green mentioned at TE the most. Their OL is pretty young, it just sucks. Most of their freshmen DL class is injured.

“Injured”.  More like, getting stupid money and doing their due diligence in the xfer portal

23 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Overton is playing a bunch on the DL side. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I'm just basing it on what Tarp said after the opener. 

He said Crownover played most of the snaps against SHSU. 

1 hour ago, Laga4 said:

That time of possession stat is just incredible. That's got to be getting near some kind of record.
aggy top 18:30. 

Found this:

Michigan St vs Rutgers - 2017
Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Achane is averaging 3.9 yards a carry on 28 attempts, Smith is averaging 3.7 yards a carry on 3 attempts, Johnson is averaging 3.3 yards a carry on 3 attempts, and Daniels is averaging 1 yard a carry on 1 attempt. 

This is against SHSU and App State. The aggy OL is bad beyond imagination. 

They are also averaging less than 100 yards rushing a game so far.  And our defense has more sacks than they do.

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Achane is averaging 3.9 yards a carry on 28 attempts, Smith is averaging 3.7 yards a carry on 3 attempts, Johnson is averaging 3.3 yards a carry on 3 attempts, and Daniels is averaging 1 yard a carry on 1 attempt. 

This is against SHSU and App State. The aggy OL is bad beyond imagination. 

Their offensive td last week was a 30ish yard achane run, so that one run is bumping his avg by about a yard. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

They are also averaging less than 100 yards rushing a game so far.  And our defense has more sacks than they do.

The defensive line issues are the most shocking part of aggy. 

I thought even SHSU's OL held up pretty well in pass protection. SHSU's QB play and skill talent is at a high school level is their problem. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Starting at 19:58

“The Jimbo Fisher offensive genius fallacy…Not because I root for A&M to lose, but just because of the hype.  Hype, hype hype.  If you’re a receiver, I looked it up, do you know how many receivers have been drafted from Texas A&M during the Jimbo Fisher era?  ZERO, zero point zero.  Why would you go to A&M if you’re a wide receiver?  Like, where is Evan Stewart going to transfer to and thrive?  I don’t know, but he should.  It’s the same thing every year.  It’s the idea of not modernizing,  it’s the Jimbo knows, no explosive plays,  don’t go for it on fourth down.  This is A&M.  This is how you take a 10 & 2 program and go 8 & 4.  This is exactly how it works.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5