Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

2 hours ago, Prime said:

Starting at 19:58

“The Jimbo Fisher offensive genius fallacy…Not because I root for A&M to lose, but just because of the hype.  Hype, hype hype.  If you’re a receiver, I looked it up, do you know how many receivers have been drafted from Texas A&M during the Jimbo Fisher era?  ZERO, zero point zero.  Why would you go to A&M if you’re a wide receiver?  Like, where is Evan Stewart going to transfer to and thrive?  I don’t know, but he should.  It’s the same thing every year.  It’s the idea of not modernizing,  it’s the Jimbo knows, no explosive plays,  don’t go for it on fourth down.  This is A&M.  This is how you take a 10 & 2 program and go 8 & 4.  This is exactly how it works.”

23:30: "App State, to get paid to win... something Jimbo Fisher can't fully relate too..."

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Correct me if I’m wrong , but the story is even worse than that…

They hired Jimbo, then he and the aggy brass went up to TAMU Commerce (NCAA Div II at the time) to present their coach and football team a plaque for ACTUALLY WINNING A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP but instead of being proud and celebrating the accomplishments of one of their system schools and allowing that coach, program, players to honored and recognized; they immediately pivoted and wanted to bring attention back to College Station by bragging about hiring Jimbo and how, like Commerce, he was going to get a national title soon and pulled out this dumb plaque and presented it to him in front of all the people there to celebrate Commerce.

There isn’t a better example on how aggy treats its system schools.  They are just a way to funnel more money and attention back to themselves.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Chance at a top 5 class, eh? I guess I missed where the world's largest deposit of Lithium was discovered under college station, in fact at Billy Liucci's duplex, and they now have unlimited funds to buy another class. 

Although I guess I hadn't considered there was just a chemical spill last night in college station, and everyone there is high AF and potentially even further brain damaged. Yeah, that is way more likely of an explanation for that take. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bizzle said:

tax partnership week is a hell of a thing, but fuck it, max is going to throw for 300 and 4 tds and we get this thing back on track

he has done that exactly once in his career so far, against Central Michigan University where he went 26/35 for 372 yards at 5 TDs. this game he set his career high in completion rate, 1 off his career high in completions, career high in yards, career high in TDs. this was against the #80 DFEI team in 2022.

1/16 games where he has attempted more than 15 passes he topped the 300 yards/4 TD, so 6.25% means the odds of him doing this against a decent P5 defense is pretty low (currently they are the #37 DFEI team in the country)

31 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Think about the fact that 4-5 weeks ago, Sarkisian named Ewers the starter. Immediately, Anwar Richardson and his boss, Pizza the Hutt, attempted to claim that this was due to booster pressure since the competition had been "so close". Then Billy Liucci, the effete aggie bag man and founder of TexAgs, chooses to chime in publicly on Twitter and later on XM 84 supporting the claim, stating that Sarkisian's "hand was forced". 

A week-ish later, Fisher names Haynes King the starter. Liucci immediately sashays out to the Internet and XM 84 and proclaims wisdom and freedom as the drivers for Fisher hand-selecting Haynes King as his starter. Overtly, Liucci stated that this decision was made in exactly the opposite way in which Sarkisian was forced to choose his starter.

Now, the Sarkisian/booster stuff was abject bullshit from the jump. I can state that with actual knowledge associated to the booster side of things. There isn't a booster currently for Texas involved in giving any advice, and I mean zero, to Sarkisian and his staff. Ketchum probably knew as much, but he hates the program so he happily pushed it out there. Liucci, who loves to claim UT connections, has none. He talks to one of the 247 guys or has one of his guys do it. That's his "access" along with reading the boards. So his pile-on was completely unmerited, but hey, he got to smear the UT program and staff, so fuck it.

Fast forward to now. Anyone with eyeballs who watched Ewers play the first two games knows that the $9.95-er related silliness about a "close competition" to card was manufactured out of whole cloth. There was no need for a fucking booster to get involved anyway. Sarkisian hates the $9.95er media outside of 3 guys, so he didn't give a shit if they were pimping something erroneous and he's even run over them this week asking about the playing time for the weekend at QB. 

Meanwhile, Haynes King put on two of the most futile offensive performances of a P5 QB in the country. He looked like a broken hobo tumbling around out there trying to run that Jurassic era playbook. But he's Fisher's guy, so he's going to stay out there. Then, the aggie booster realm, who Fisher is beholden to in recruiting and for roster continuity, stepped in and told him he needs to rethink his approach. He pushes back, they insist. Voila, now you have a new starting QB at ATM.

Remember now, ATM gave Connor Weigman and his family every incentive to come to ATM and skip baseball in the spring. He didn't do that out of his own pocket. How long do we think we'll see futility from Johnson before people other than Jimbo Fisher decide that Jimbo needs to put the paid-for show pony out on display? I am guessing after the Alabama game. 

In any event, everything Billy Liucci pranced around proclaiming is actually true, only it's true for what's going on at ATM right now and has nothing to do with Texas. And Liucci, btw, absolutely knows that now. Fuck him and his corrupt organization. Enjoy tasting the bottom of those muddy booster boots alongside your midget HC, you sycophantic dickeater.  

Liucci runs around with Ketch.  That is HIS connection.  It's absurd, it's hilarious and he's little bitch.

Edited by Fondren & Main
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Think about the fact that 4-5 weeks ago, Sarkisian named Ewers the starter. Immediately, Anwar Richardson and his boss, Pizza the Hutt, attempted to claim that this was due to booster pressure since the competition had been "so close". Then Billy Liucci, the effete aggie bag man and founder of TexAgs, chooses to chime in publicly on Twitter and later on XM 84 supporting the claim, stating that Sarkisian's "hand was forced". 

A week-ish later, Fisher names Haynes King the starter. Liucci immediately sashays out to the Internet and XM 84 and proclaims wisdom and freedom as the drivers for Fisher hand-selecting Haynes King as his starter. Overtly, Liucci stated that this decision was made in exactly the opposite way in which Sarkisian was forced to choose his starter.

Now, the Sarkisian/booster stuff was abject bullshit from the jump. I can state that with actual knowledge associated to the booster side of things. There isn't a booster currently for Texas involved in giving any advice, and I mean zero, to Sarkisian and his staff. Ketchum probably knew as much, but he hates the program so he happily pushed it out there. Liucci, who loves to claim UT connections, has none. He talks to one of the 247 guys or has one of his guys do it. That's his "access" along with reading the boards. So his pile-on was completely unmerited, but hey, he got to smear the UT program and staff, so fuck it.

Fast forward to now. Anyone with eyeballs who watched Ewers play the first two games knows that the $9.95-er related silliness about a "close competition" to card was manufactured out of whole cloth. There was no need for a fucking booster to get involved anyway. Sarkisian hates the $9.95er media outside of 3 guys, so he didn't give a shit if they were pimping something erroneous and he's even run over them this week asking about the playing time for the weekend at QB. 

Meanwhile, Haynes King put on two of the most futile offensive performances of a P5 QB in the country. He looked like a broken hobo tumbling around out there trying to run that Jurassic era playbook. But he's Fisher's guy, so he's going to stay out there. Then, the aggie booster realm, who Fisher is beholden to in recruiting and for roster continuity, stepped in and told him he needs to rethink his approach. He pushes back, they insist. Voila, now you have a new starting QB at ATM.

Remember now, ATM gave Connor Weigman and his family every incentive to come to ATM and skip baseball in the spring. He didn't do that out of his own pocket. How long do we think we'll see futility from Johnson before people other than Jimbo Fisher decide that Jimbo needs to put the paid-for show pony out on display? I am guessing after the Alabama game. 

In any event, everything Billy Liucci pranced around proclaiming is actually true, only it's true for what's going on at ATM right now and has nothing to do with Texas. And Liucci, btw, absolutely knows that now. Fuck him and his corrupt organization. Enjoy tasting the bottom of those muddy booster boots alongside your midget HC, you sycophantic dickeater.  

Awesome post.

It brings to mind a key difference in the future of financing our respective teams. When you fund your football through BMD money because of the limited options in Bryan area for corporate NIL, it's much more important to keep them happy. Even if you count aggie business in DFW and Houston, you have professional franchises in both, and to the extent you get legit NIL funding from Aggie 100 type businesses, those stakeholders are now the stakeholders of your team.

The Austin area is primed for NIL. And I doubt Lamborghini Austin has much of an impact on Sark's personnel decisions.