Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

18 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Chin Pubes sunshine pumping, courtesy of LHF:

Billy Liucci's TexAgs Premium
Sunday camp wrap

Staff Only
Liucci

- I'm going to start with a point that too many of the various 'scrimmage reports' left out following yesterday's Kyle Field session. The fact of the matter is that the Ags got pretty banged up along the offensive line (nothing long-term), and the first-team was working without three projected starters shortly into the day's work (Layden Robinson, Akinola Ogunbiyi and Bryce Foster). In addition, center Matthew Wykoff was also out.

The fact of the matter is that the offense had a very good day a week ago in Scrimmage #1. As you might imagine, the defense took the field on Saturday on a bit of a mission and it showed. That was especially so in the trenches, where the A&M defensive line had a day. Per every report, D.J. Durkin's crew generally controlled the line of scrimmage and got after the Aggie quarterbacks for most of the afternoon.

As you can imagine, that made things tough on the three signal-callers competing for the starting job. Haynes King threw what was nearly a pick six to Demani Richardson, and the passing game and offense in general had a much rougher go of it than they did a week ago.

- Great day for the defense on Saturday, good day for the offense a week ago, but it's what was in between that really caught my attention this week.

Throughout the week, insiders have been going on and on about how well the Aggies were practicing. In fact, one longtime observer who was in Tallahassee for Fisher's incredible run said Thursday's practice was as good as any he's seen since the 2013 season at FSU. Just the energy, execution and competitiveness of it all was championship level stuff.

And on a day when all three quarterbacks excelled, it's worth noting that Max Johnson may have put together his best showing of fall camp. I'm not sure when Jimbo Fisher will make his final decision (probably sometime in the next 3-4 days if I had to guess), but what I do know is each of the QBs have looked good during camp.

Haynes King may have been the most consistent performer to date, but Johnson could be making a move at just the right time, certainly enough to make Jimbo's decision a very tough one. As I've said before, how Fisher handles this choice and how to bring soon-to-be sensational freshman Conner Weigman along (I'm not saying Weigman is Trevor or Tua, but I think he's a special talent and you have got to get some kind of feel for what he can do in game action along the way) is why this is the head coach's most important QB derby since he went with redshirt freshman Jameis Winston over Andrew Coker at FSU prior to the 2013 season.

Why? Because Fisher has stockpiled national championship-caliber talent in College Station, and the next 2-3 seasons are set up for one hell of a run.

Another thing I do know? Jimbo's decision won't be made by overzealous donors. I know you human potatoes in burnt orange who frequent this board are reading this, so I figured I'd throw you a bone. I'd also love to remind you how insanely dumb you are to think Steve Sarkisian has any real power in Austin these days. I know you hate to hear this, but Sark wasn't Chris Del Conte's choice to coach Texas, and Ewers wasn't Five Win's desired pick to open the season as the Longhorn starter. Now go run along and enjoy your Sunday.

Back to business...

- Devon Achane (along with Evan Stewart and Ainias Smith) was wearing a yellow jersey on Saturday, meaning they were off-limits in terms of tackling. Achane saw light work, which allowed the Aggie staff to get an extensive look at the rest of the backfield. On Saturday, it was Amari Daniels who I was told ripped off a few nice runs. This is a position of real strength, as all of the backs not named Achane have had their moments and are more than good enough to keep the chains moving and produce big plays when #6 isn't on the field. I said it before and will again, however: Keep an eye on Le'Veon Moss as the season progresses.

-I mentioned Foster, Wykoff and the center position earlier in this piece, and it's a spot that's beginning to get pretty interesting. Bryce has missed a good portion of fall camp (he returned to action a little more than a week ago) and also didn't practice during the spring while making a run at the national championships in track & field. Along the way, the second-year center from Magnolia has received very valuable reps with the 1s and versus a first-team Aggie DT rotation that's as good as anything that the A&M offense will face this year. Steve Addazio probably feels pretty good about the depth Wykoff is now providing in the middle, and as the season-opener nears, I think it's fair to say keeping an eye on the reps at center between now and Sam Houston would be wise. Don't get me wrong, there are few better than Bryce as far as young centers go, and I'd expect the two-sport standout to fight his way back into the starting lineup. I'm just saying that I don't think it's a lay-down guarantee from day one when you factor in how Wykoff has performed and how much time practice time Bryce has missed.

- Demani Richardson's theft of a King pass was one of many highlights the senior safety has produced during camp, as both he and fellow veteran Antonio Johnson have both looked exceptional from wire to wire. Richardson doesn't get talked about nearly enough for a four-year starter with what will likely be a long NFL future. Both from talking to him and hearing about the results, it certainly sounds like Demani is going to thrive playing in D.J. Durkin's system, where he'll likely spend a lot more time on the boundary and also creeping a little closer to the line of scrimmage more often than he did under Mike Elko.

- Speaking of the safety spot, there's a pretty interesting battle heating up opposite Demani between a pair of Louisiana products. True freshman Jacoby Mathews is making a real push to become one of the first members of A&M's ballyhooed Class of '22 to force his way into the lineup. The ongoing to battle between he and second-year man Jardin Gilbert is a very good one. Gilbert has had a strong camp, but Mathews has the look of a future star. Both will play and play a lot early, but I'm not sure Mathews isn't No. 2 on my current list when it comes to true freshmen most likely to open the season with the 1s come opening day.

- I've mentioned pretty much all of the true freshmen defensive linemen plenty throughout camp, but one I don't think I've brought up enough is former Katy standout Malick Sylla. The long, rangy defensive end still needs work in the weight room, but he's actually already very strong and his length, get-off and twitch off the edge make him a guy that one trusted source believes "is a guy who can help us rushing the passer this year and possibly in a big way." That freshman defensive line class is absolutely loaded, folks. Look for Durkin and Co. to roll them out in waves throughout September.

- Despite the defense ruling the day, there were a handful of offensive highlights from the scrimmage, including:

King to Evan Stewart during two-minute drill on a beautiful throw-and-catch in the end zone...Max Johnson finding Moose Muhammad deep down the field for a big gain...Jake Johnson with an excellent grab and fellow true freshman Donovan Green with a couple of snags...another long strike down the sideline from Johnson to Muhammad that was nullified because the whistle was blown due to a would-be sack (a terrific throw and catch, nonetheless

Looks like a copy paste article from every year Jimbo has been at aggy.  Just changing the year.

4 minutes ago, MichaelDicksonFanClub said:

Loss to Alabama, Arkansas, Ole Miss

At least 1 of Miami, Miss st, Florida, LSU, App st

If they lose to Arkansas again followed by @ Mississippi State (a real possibility) then go to Tuscaloosa and take an ass kicking, the wheels fall off IMO.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, MichaelDicksonFanClub said:

The reality is, other than SHSU and UMASS (lulz) they really don't have an easy game.  Even road games @ Auburn and @ South Carolina won't be easy.  Jimbo's teams have pretty much played poorly on the road since he arrived.

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Sunday camp wrap

Staff Only
Liucci

- I'm going to start with a point that too many of the various 'scrimmage reports' left out following yesterday's Kyle Field session. The fact of the matter is that the Ags got pretty banged up along the offensive line (nothing long-term), and the first-team was working without three projected starters shortly into the day's work (Layden Robinson, Akinola Ogunbiyi and Bryce Foster). In addition, center Matthew Wykoff was also out.

The fact of the matter is that the offense had a very good day a week ago in Scrimmage #1. As you might imagine, the defense took the field on Saturday on a bit of a mission and it showed. That was especially so in the trenches, where the A&M defensive line had a day. Per every report, D.J. Durkin's crew generally controlled the line of scrimmage and got after the Aggie quarterbacks for most of the afternoon.

As you can imagine, that made things tough on the three signal-callers competing for the starting job. Haynes King threw what was nearly a pick six to Demani Richardson, and the passing game and offense in general had a much rougher go of it than they did a week ago.

- Great day for the defense on Saturday, good day for the offense a week ago, but it's what was in between that really caught my attention this week.

Throughout the week, insiders have been going on and on about how well the Aggies were practicing. In fact, one longtime observer who was in Tallahassee for Fisher's incredible run said Thursday's practice was as good as any he's seen since the 2013 season at FSU. Just the energy, execution and competitiveness of it all was championship level stuff.

And on a day when all three quarterbacks excelled, it's worth noting that Max Johnson may have put together his best showing of fall camp. I'm not sure when Jimbo Fisher will make his final decision (probably sometime in the next 3-4 days if I had to guess), but what I do know is each of the QBs have looked good during camp.

Haynes King may have been the most consistent performer to date, but Johnson could be making a move at just the right time, certainly enough to make Jimbo's decision a very tough one. As I've said before, how Fisher handles this choice and how to bring soon-to-be sensational freshman Conner Weigman along (I'm not saying Weigman is Trevor or Tua, but I think he's a special talent and you have got to get some kind of feel for what he can do in game action along the way) is why this is the head coach's most important QB derby since he went with redshirt freshman Jameis Winston over Andrew Coker at FSU prior to the 2013 season.

Why? Because Fisher has stockpiled national championship-caliber talent in College Station, and the next 2-3 seasons are set up for one hell of a run.

Another thing I do know? Jimbo's decision won't be made by overzealous donors. I know you human potatoes in burnt orange who frequent this board are reading this, so I figured I'd throw you a bone. I'd also love to remind you how insanely dumb you are to think Steve Sarkisian has any real power in Austin these days. I know you hate to hear this, but Sark wasn't Chris Del Conte's choice to coach Texas, and Ewers wasn't Five Win's desired pick to open the season as the Longhorn starter. Now go run along and enjoy your Sunday.

Back to business...

- Devon Achane (along with Evan Stewart and Ainias Smith) was wearing a yellow jersey on Saturday, meaning they were off-limits in terms of tackling. Achane saw light work, which allowed the Aggie staff to get an extensive look at the rest of the backfield. On Saturday, it was Amari Daniels who I was told ripped off a few nice runs. This is a position of real strength, as all of the backs not named Achane have had their moments and are more than good enough to keep the chains moving and produce big plays when #6 isn't on the field. I said it before and will again, however: Keep an eye on Le'Veon Moss as the season progresses.

-I mentioned Foster, Wykoff and the center position earlier in this piece, and it's a spot that's beginning to get pretty interesting. Bryce has missed a good portion of fall camp (he returned to action a little more than a week ago) and also didn't practice during the spring while making a run at the national championships in track & field. Along the way, the second-year center from Magnolia has received very valuable reps with the 1s and versus a first-team Aggie DT rotation that's as good as anything that the A&M offense will face this year. Steve Addazio probably feels pretty good about the depth Wykoff is now providing in the middle, and as the season-opener nears, I think it's fair to say keeping an eye on the reps at center between now and Sam Houston would be wise. Don't get me wrong, there are few better than Bryce as far as young centers go, and I'd expect the two-sport standout to fight his way back into the starting lineup. I'm just saying that I don't think it's a lay-down guarantee from day one when you factor in how Wykoff has performed and how much time practice time Bryce has missed.

- Demani Richardson's theft of a King pass was one of many highlights the senior safety has produced during camp, as both he and fellow veteran Antonio Johnson have both looked exceptional from wire to wire. Richardson doesn't get talked about nearly enough for a four-year starter with what will likely be a long NFL future. Both from talking to him and hearing about the results, it certainly sounds like Demani is going to thrive playing in D.J. Durkin's system, where he'll likely spend a lot more time on the boundary and also creeping a little closer to the line of scrimmage more often than he did under Mike Elko.

- Speaking of the safety spot, there's a pretty interesting battle heating up opposite Demani between a pair of Louisiana products. True freshman Jacoby Mathews is making a real push to become one of the first members of A&M's ballyhooed Class of '22 to force his way into the lineup. The ongoing to battle between he and second-year man Jardin Gilbert is a very good one. Gilbert has had a strong camp, but Mathews has the look of a future star. Both will play and play a lot early, but I'm not sure Mathews isn't No. 2 on my current list when it comes to true freshmen most likely to open the season with the 1s come opening day.

- I've mentioned pretty much all of the true freshmen defensive linemen plenty throughout camp, but one I don't think I've brought up enough is former Katy standout Malick Sylla. The long, rangy defensive end still needs work in the weight room, but he's actually already very strong and his length, get-off and twitch off the edge make him a guy that one trusted source believes "is a guy who can help us rushing the passer this year and possibly in a big way." That freshman defensive line class is absolutely loaded, folks. Look for Durkin and Co. to roll them out in waves throughout September.

- Despite the defense ruling the day, there were a handful of offensive highlights from the scrimmage, including:

King to Evan Stewart during two-minute drill on a beautiful throw-and-catch in the end zone...Max Johnson finding Moose Muhammad deep down the field for a big gain...Jake Johnson with an excellent grab and fellow true freshman Donovan Green with a couple of snags...another long strike down the sideline from Johnson to Muhammad that was nullified because the whistle was blown due to a would-be sack (a terrific throw and catch, nonetheless

National champs in 2022 scrimmages. Also in buttfuckery.

Their 247 scrim observations from Tarp, too lazy to go back and quote whoever asked

Spoiler

1. Texas A&M’s offense held the upper hand in the first scrimmage of fall camp and the defense apparently did so in the second one. That’s not unusual and it’s encouraging given how deep the Aggies’ defense is.

2. Some of the team’s projected skill position starters didn’t play again after the first possession of the scrimmage until the situational drills (red zone, coming out, etc.).

3. As a result, the defense had the upper hand for the remainder of the event until those guys got back on the field.

4. Quarterback Haynes King started with the ones and he and Max Johnson played with both the ones and the twos. King got the only touchdown in the non-situational possessions with A&M’s skill positions intact.

5. After those guys departed, Johnson helped get the offense get a field goal. Otherwise, it didn’t matter who the quarterback was and that’s not a knock on the offense.

6. King’s running made the difference in that first possession. Johnson also had a couple of nice runs.

7. Five star freshman Conner Weigman was with the twos and threes and there was reportedly a different feel to everything when he was in the game. He made plays with his arm and was directing traffic pre snap like a veteran.

8. Both quarterbacks led their teams to scores in red zone situations and also got their teams out from the coming out zone (inside their own 20 yard line).

9. Evan Stewart was effective in the red zone and coming out drills. He remains this team’s best wideout. His routes are very good because of his fluid feet and stop/start capabilities.

10. Chase Lane had a couple of grabs and remains a reliable target who can move the chains against starting caliber defenders due to his knowledge of the game,

11. The second unit wideouts…Noah Thomas, Devin Price, and Moose Muhammad III…had some nice receptions. Thomas’ size, athleticism, and hands are going to get him more and more targets as the season goes on.

12. Price and Muhammad are dependable and enable the Aggies to have a true rotation at that position group.

13. If you’re looking for a second tight end in the team’s two tight end sets, Donovan Green complements the skills of Max Wright as a receiver and Jake Johnson as a blocker.

14. Amari Daniels and LJ Johnson are probably the next two guys in the rotation at running back as of right now.

15. Players rotated in and out of the offensive line with both Matthew Wykoff and Bryce Foster seeing time with the ones at center and Aki Ogunbiyi also playing with the first unit. Wykoff had a good day, living up to the praise that Jimbo Fisher bestowed upon him this week. There’s not much drop off with him in there.

16. On a day when the defensive line tended to control the action, the best offensive lineman was tackle Reuben Fatheree. His added mass facilitates his length and he is much better this season at not giving ground.

17. The defensive line rotated players and fronts but tended to be four of them in at a time no matter how they lined up or who was being used.

18. Defensive tackle Isaiah Raikes had a very nice outing and stood out on a day when everybody up front got push or penetration. He’s not just hard to move but offers quality get off and is assignment oriented. Shemar Turner was back and effective.

19. The most noticeable was end Anthony Lucas. He’s ahead of other guys at the position due to the fact he is an early enrollee who’s had more time to re-shape his body and understands how to use his hands and obtain leverage more effectively.

20. Backer Chris Russell saw a lot of time yesterday at the Mike, although Andre White Jr. played as well. Russell can make plays and fill gaps. He has a better understanding of everything in comparison to his earlier days since he’s been in the program for four years now.

21. Demani Richardson got his hands on multiple passes, picking off one and he probably should have had some others. He’s morphing into a guy that plays like he has a cheat sheet on the offense since has so much experience.

22. Antonio Johnson just smothers people. That’s the only way to put it.

23. Frosh safety Bryce Anderson continues to impress whenever he is in there. He plays with maturity and physicality beyond his years. He’s going to be the first safety off of the bench.

24. There were multiple corners missing, which provided the younger players with opportunities. Freshman Smoke Bouie was back out there and he showed off great ball and reaction skills.

25. Brian George looks like he did before his injury last season. He’s got surprising quicks and hips for guy with his size and he’s physical both versus the run and the pass.

A&M now has a pretty good idea of who their two deep is going to be at basically every position. For the most part, the experienced players at each position are the ones that are going to play early in the season. The younger guys are still getting acclimated to things and there’s clear demarcation between ones and twos and the rest of the roster. In addition, for all of the talk about the talent level in the program, you’ve got more experienced depth cross the board which should come in handy in places like the offensive line.

Also, lmao

157d09fc9e49cd59e0e192ef0d9f3075.png

cfc5dbcb0dc4f898c66931d76664690e.png

Edited by Teryor

22 hours ago, Fud said:

Seems like King is going to win the job due to knowing the offense better

I’d bet you it’s Johnson that wins out. They cannot bear to admit that someone coming from LSU is a better player that King, who was really the next Johnny Manziel to them at one time, when that was the tiny-dicked narrative they needed to sell. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

Sunday camp wrap

Staff Only
Liucci

Back to business...

amazing

obviously - everyone knows it's 94 year old Red and Joe Jamil out there controlling things from his grave.

12 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I’d bet you it’s Johnson that wins out. They cannot bear to admit that someone coming from LSU is a better player that King, who was really the next Johnny Manziel to them at one time, when that was the tiny-dicked narrative they needed to sell. 

Johnson winning out, then playing shitty and having to be replaced is setting up things to go poorly. it's best case. King's dad isn't going to forget things.

also, the vs Miami (#29 in the last preseason S&P), vs Ark (14 in S&P), @MSU (#20), @Bama (#1) stretch is going to be interesting.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

His writing is objectively terrible.

Hey lucci, since we all know you read these boards, do you write this way because you really don't know how to write, or do you just know your audience caps out at 2nd grade reading comprehension and write like this so they don't get lost?

Edited by Bill Lumbergh
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, MichaelDicksonFanClub said:

They'll win all but one of those bottom games.  Can't get to 8-4 without upsetting at least one or two middlin' teams.

So the aggies are supposed to be favorites after losing the following: 

• Top 5 DC that was very well liked and replaced him with a downgrade (coaching and recruiting) and known psycho 
  • Respected OL coach and replaced him with a with a downgrade (coaching and recruiting) and known psycho 
  • Leading receiver (Wydemer) and rusher who was allegedly the best in the country according to them. 
  • The QB who pushed King for a starting role and won the biggest game in their history and replaced him LSUs sloppy seconds
  • Their best DL (will still be good there) and best OL on a mediocre squad without any elite replacements and no current players are stepping up. 

And fall practice they have:

• Had no separation in QB room that is the envy of no one
  • Moved their QB coach to WR and WR coach to QB in mid august the most pivotal development year for King/Johnson
  • Had their best returning WR get arrested and narrowly miss a suspension

They will win 7 games guaranteed due to a joke of a schedule but what they are not prepared for what is their first ever season as the hunted (2013 they were the darling with Manziel). Every year Texas, Bama (in the Saban era), ND, tOSU, and USC have a target on their back because a win against would make that teams season, see Kansas and Texas A&M in 2021. They may narrowly escape an early season Miami team that will be rolling by November but Bama will do their thing but Ole Miss, Florida, LSU, Miss State and Arkansas want nothing more to do than beat the "best recruiting class" of all time so they can use that as recruiting fodder of their own this off season. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think Miami is going to have to something for aggy, but it's difficult to put any faith in Cristobal. See the 2021 Oregon-Stanford game. 

Cristobal is an excellent recruiter and OL developer, but he is a flat out moron as an in-game HC. There are multiple instances of him shitting the bed with clock management and playcalling decisions in the crunch. I assume Fisher will out-gameplan him, get up on turnovers, and then just ride the clock with a double digit lead. 

One thing about this ATM team to me is that they don't really seem geared for playing from significantly behind. Fisher isn't comfortable just letting the ball fly down the field and he doesn't have QB for it anyway. ATM is going to need to front-run every game they play.

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

• Top 5 DC that was very well liked and replaced him with a downgrade (coaching and recruiting) and known psycho 
  • Respected OL coach and replaced him with a with a downgrade (coaching and recruiting) and known psycho 
  • Leading receiver (Wydemer) and rusher who was allegedly the best in the country according to them. 
  • The QB who pushed King for a starting role and won the biggest game in their history and replaced him LSUs sloppy seconds
  • Their best DL (will still be good there) and best OL on a mediocre squad without any elite replacements and no current players are stepping up. 

• Moved their QB coach to WR and WR coach to QB in mid august the most pivotal development year for King/Johnson

They will win 7 games guaranteed due to a joke of a schedule but what they are not prepared for what is their first ever season as the hunted (2013 they were the darling with Manziel). Every year Texas, Bama (in the Saban era), ND, tOSU, and USC have a target on their back because a win against would make that teams season, see Kansas and Texas A&M in 2021. They may narrowly escape an early season Miami team that will be rolling by November but Bama will do their thing but Ole Miss, Florida, LSU, Miss State and Arkansas want nothing more to do than beat the "best recruiting class" of all time so they can use that as recruiting fodder of their own this off season. 

Agree.

I think the SEC has come around to my feeling about OU and A&M. There's nothing better than beating OU (Alabama in the SEC) and there's nothing worse than losing to the Aggies. The former is an achievement; the latter is a shame because they are the worst winners ever due to being such consistent losers.

And their celebrations of finally arriving where they belong are invariably premature and embarrassing.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

We do this every year and every year they go 8-4.

I think their defense is still going to be very good. DJ Durkin is a meathead psychopath who had a kid die on his watch, but I do think he's still a competent coach/coordinator. He definitely was able to elevate an Ole Miss team to decent from being completely atrocious. They have a lot of talent on that side of the ball. I would be fairly stunned if they weren't good defensively.

On offense, I think they are going to struggle. I think the WR and RB personnel are solid, but it's a murky QB situation (at best) and I'm not sold on the OL. Jimbo's system is antiquated and the offensive coaching staff looks like a mess. They just played musical chairs with their QB, TE and WR coaches the week before camp opened and that raging asshole Steve Addazio hasn't coached an offensive line since 2010. Those are all red flags to me. It's a bunch of old guys, none of whom were ever very innovative to begin with all sitting around scratching their balls trying to figure out new dive plays out of the I-formation to set up play action to the TE.

They are going to try to take the air out of the football, rely on their defense, play field position and hope you screw up. Boring as fuck Jimbo ball, same as ever. 8-4, same as ever. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

They will win 7 games guaranteed due to a joke of a schedule 

The reality is, other than SHSU and UMASS (lulz) they really don't have an easy game.  Even road games @ Auburn and @ South Carolina won't be easy. 

yall gotta get your stories straight

3 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Yep, I can't see anyone but Johnson "winning" the job.  Which would terrify a clear-eyed fan base.

48 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

One thing about this ATM team to me is that they don't really seem geared for playing from significantly behind. Fisher isn't comfortable just letting the ball fly down the field and he doesn't have QB for it anyway. ATM is going to need to front-run every game they play.

This is why I think the loss of Elko will sting more than they seem to realize.

They beat Colorado 10-7 last year, on a td in the last 3 minutes of the game.  If CO ever scored one more td in that game, I think not only would they have won but the game might have gotten out of hand.

Elko keeping games within one score let Jimbo keep playing his conservative game without really having to ask his offense to go win the game for them.  Case and point, Ole Miss went up 9 pts with 6 minutes left in the 4th.  Next drive, Calzada threw a pick 6 to put Ole Miss up by 16, and the game was over.

Jimbo does not want to get behind by two scores and have to rely on an aggressive offense to win games.  Elko bailed him out quite a few times by keeping games manageable.  Maybe they've stockpiled enough talent on D that they won't drop off much, but it will be interesting to watch.

• Hook 'Em 3

Here's how I see the QB battle going:

• King wins the job mostly due to system experience.
  • King throws picks and loses a game early
  • Johnson takes over and keeps the Bama game within 21 points
  • They win a game against LSU or Florida and Johnson finishes the year on a high note
  • 2023 is proclaimed as the year and Weigman/Johnson battle it out after King leaves 
  • The Spring loser transfers and the winner is the QB savior; natty confirmed
  • 2023 ends 9-3 or worse and then rinse and repeat 
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Here's how I see the QB battle going:

• King wins the job mostly due to system experience.
  • King throws picks and loses a game early
  • Johnson takes over and keeps the Bama game within 21 points
  • They win a game against LSU or Florida and Johnson finishes the year on a high note
  • 2023 is proclaimed as the year and Weigman/Johnson battle it out after King leaves 
  • The Spring loser posts "All a u can SMD" on his instagram story,  transfers, and the winner is the QB savior; natty confirmed
  • 2023 ends 9-3 or worse and then rinse and repeat 

FIFY

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

19 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

The likelihood is that Fisher is getting more pressure from John King to start Haynes than Sark is getting from our boosters to start Quinn. 

I'm hoping for a bad divorce between Jimbo and the Kings. Jimbo losing Texas recruits and replacing them Jersey JAGs would get the FSU style dumpster fire going early. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

SPOILER ALERT: Billy, Texas A&M barely won a a national championship in your grandfather's lifetime, won't win one in your father's lifetime, and won't win one in yours, either. And if some chick had low enough self-esteem to sleep with you, the Ags also wouldn't win one in your mutant offspring's lifetime. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

SPOILER ALERT: Billy, Texas A&M barely won a a national championship in your grandfather's lifetime, won't win one in your father's lifetime, and won't win one in yours, either. And if some chick had low enough self-esteem to sleep with you, the Ags also wouldn't win one in your mutant offspring's lifetime. 

And, your sister got to watch her alma mater win one, and play for another in the last ~15 years.  

#thatblowouttho 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bizzle said:

yall gotta get your stories straight

Both comments are consistent if you understand that Texas A&M is entirely mediocre.  The schedule is a joke, but there also aren't a lot of easy wins.  Beating mediocre-to-bad teams is still going to be difficult for A&M this year, same as last year (see Arkansas, LSU, Miss State).

Edited by utee94

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

On offense, I think they are going to struggle. I think the WR and RB personnel are solid, but it's a murky QB situation (at best) and I'm not sold on the OL. Jimbo's system is antiquated and the offensive coaching staff looks like a mess. They just played musical chairs with their QB, TE and WR coaches the week before camp opened and that raging asshole Steve Addazio hasn't coached an offensive line since 2010. Those are all red flags to me. It's a bunch of old guys, none of whom were ever very innovative to begin with all sitting around scratching their balls trying to figure out new dive plays out of the I-formation to set up play action to the TE.

They are going to try to take the air out of the football, rely on their defense, play field position and hope you screw up. Boring as fuck Jimbo ball, same as ever. 8-4, same as ever. 

i'll put my ramblings up at some point in the next week, but this is more or less the distillation of trying to figure out what exactly is the ceiling on the 2022 a&m team. can that offensive coaching staff scheme something that does better than 29.3 points a game? (good for a sweet 56th in the country)- last year, 35 points a game gets you into the top 20, which is probably where we need to be to win 10 or more. 

no idea! should be fun.

17 hours ago, HenryJames said:

NCAA Championships
2022 Honorable Mention Outdoor Shot Put - 60-9.25/18.52m (21st) 

Like I said earlier in the thread, Foster kind of flopped in T&F. He didn’t come anywhere close to meeting expectations. 

Luicci is a moron. This is a perfect example of his sunshine pumping. 

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Like I said earlier in the thread, Foster kind of flopped in T&F. He didn’t come anywhere close to meeting expectations. 

Luicci is a moron. This is a perfect example of his sunshine pumping. 

But at least he’s continuing his family’s legacy of being mediocre at sports and getting a mediocre education to boot!