Sean Hannity

Pods

5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Obviously hannity is an unethical piece of shit and in no way a credible journalist, and should have been fired for any one of the things that have come out this week but in what way are his dealings with Cohen illegal?  I get that he could be guilty of some financial crimes for not disclosing ownership in financial vehicles he was pitching, but the Cohen stuff isn’t that is it?

I don't believe anyone is suggesting Hannity's entanglements with Cohen are illegal.  They could be embarrassing and/or a violation of his gig at Fox, however.  

8 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Tell me specifically what crimes people are thinking hannity has likely committed based on his association with Cohen. 

I have absolutely no idea on this 

It could be nothing but odds are higher that there’s something.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

15 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I don't believe anyone is suggesting Hannity's entanglements with Cohen are illegal.  They could be embarrassing and/or a violation of his gig at Fox, however.  

and/or ethics but let's pretend the right actually has some when a Democrat is not in power.  I said pretend, we know they don't have any or they wouldn't be cow towing to the current President.  Conflict of interest apparently only applies to the Left.

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Tell me specifically what crimes people are thinking hannity has likely committed based on his association with Cohen. 

My imagination is not vivid enough to conceive of the shit this administration and its hangers-on have tried to pull.  I'm perfectly content to sit back and wait for the bombs to continue to drop, and at almost every one of them I'll probably say "wait, what?  They did WHAT?  No way.  Nobody is that stupid" and then I'll wait for the next one.  It's like Netflix for politics.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I believe there are several posts in this thread suggesting he is going to jail. Maybe I am misreading that. He surely deserves anything and everything coming his way though 

In all seriousness, pseudo-pitching a company actively seeking investment is almost surely gonna get him in trouble with the SEC.  I took a company public, and we had the fucking fear of God put into us about running afoul of SEC regulations.

This has been an epic run of bombing runs for the last little bit. This one is starting off particularly strongly on a Sunday night. The week hasn't officially even started and it's already started. 

Popcorn is popped. 

fordgif.gif

12 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Am I gonna have to start paying attention to Twitter?  Y'all are supposed to link the good stuff.

Twitter is great even if you only use it for news. Follow 10-15 journalists that you like, and it's real time.

Edited by retread
  • Like 1

From the Guardian article tweeted above:

Hannity’s chosen investment strategy is confirmed by thousands of pages of public records reviewed by the Guardian, which detail a real estate portfolio of remarkable scale that has not previously been reported.

The records link Hannity to a group of shell companies that spent at least $90m on more than 870 homes in seven states over the past decade. The properties range from luxurious mansions to rentals for low-income families. Hannity is the hidden owner behind some of the shell companies and his attorney did not dispute that he owns all of them.

Dozens of the properties were bought at a discount in 2013, after banks foreclosed on their previous owners for defaulting on mortgages. Before and after then, Hannity sharply criticised Barack Obama for the US foreclosure rate. In January 2016, Hannity said there were “millions more Americans suffering under this president” partly because of foreclosures.

The same foreclosure rate that made him a shit ton of money.

Hannity said he had only “occasional brief conversations” with Cohen. He made varying statements about whether Cohen was compensated, initially stating that he had not been billed but later saying: “I might have handed him 10 bucks.”

In footage unearthed this week that was broadcast on Fox News in January last year, Hannity mentioned having discussed an unidentified $2bn property venture in Dubai with Cohen.

Big difference between $10 and $2 billion. But I was told that there would be no math.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/apr/22/michael-cohen-sean-hannity-property-real-estate-ben-carson-hud

The real estate holdings linked to Hannity are spread across more than 20 shell companies formed in Georgia. Each of the companies uses a variant of the same name, which combines the initials of Hannity’s children. Public records show the companies have bought up dozens of properties in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, New York, North Carolina, Texas and Vermont.

Among the most valuable are two large apartment complexes in Georgia that Hannity bought in 2014 for $22.7m. The developments are in the cities of Perry and Brunswick, which have higher poverty rates and lower median incomes than the US averages. One- and two-bedroom units in Hannity‍‍‍’s apartment complexes are available to rent for $735 to $1,065 per month, according to brochures.

The Georgia purchases were funded with mortgages for $17.9m that Hannity obtained with help from Hud, which insured the loans under a program created as part of the National Housing Act. The loans, first guaranteed under the Obama administration, were recently increased by $5m with renewed suport from Carson’s department.

Hannity, who is reportedly paid $36m per year for his television and radio shows, was criticised this week following Cohen’s court hearing, after it became clear he had defended Cohen and Trump on the air without disclosing that he also consulted Cohen for legal services.

Drain that swamp. 

This is starting to feel like the Roger Ailes/Bill O’Reilly stuff.  Too many things and too much momentum and not just The Guardian revealing his dealings.  The difference is that the SEC could get involved, unlike a bunch of advertiser pressure with Ailes/O’Reilly. 

Everybody who thinks Hannity is bulletproof because Trump likes him, well Ailes and O’Reilly seemed bulletproof, and Bill had Trump’s ear. 

And the Murdochs know Trump won’t change channels.  He’ll just talk to Lou Dobbs more or something, and find a new host to latch into. 

Now we know why Hannity lost his shit during his radio show.  It wasn’t his ties to Cohen, it was that with the spotlight on him, his other dealings would be discovered. 

But I’m enjoying the thought Cohen has recordings of Hannity discussing “minor” real estate deals. 

And a lot of people agreed with O’Reilly when he claimed that what he did privately wasn’t anybody’s business. 

In the span of a month, Fox News has been sued over the Seth Rich stuff that Hannity was pumping out, and now Hannity could find himself being in trouble for using Fox News to profit, or to at least cover up his dealings. 

A fucking bog jumper (seriously, all of Hannity’s grandparents were born in Ireland) making the company look really bad, especially if the Seth Rich stuff gets really ugly in court, and if the SEC investigates, is not going to go over well with the Murdochs. 

2 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

I bet he snatched up a few of his viewers' foreclosed homes.   And they'd probably be happy to know it.   "If I can't have it, I would want it to be you, Sean!" 

With the help of the government. Which I’m sure they’d appreciate.  At least the government was helping the good guys for once. 

I believe there are several posts in this thread suggesting he is going to jail. Maybe I am misreading that. He surely deserves anything and everything coming his way though 

I think the conversation has sidetracked from that a bit. Right now, it’s just a series of shitty, dishonest “journalism” that should get him fired. But early speculation was that the Hannity-Cohen connection could’ve been an avenue for coordinating communications between TrumpCo-Assange/Wikileaks-Russia. If anybody was talking about jail, it was probably in that context. There may have been speculation about him using Cohen for other shady dealings, but I don’t recall anything other than loose speculation based on other “problems” Cohen has fixed.

27 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

I bet he snatched up a few of his viewers' foreclosed homes.   And they'd probably be happy to know it.   "If I can't have it, I would want it to be you, Sean!" 

Sounds familiar.  Can't put my finger on it.  

Wait, yes I can.  SEC!  SEC!  SEC!!!

47 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

A fucking bog jumper (seriously, all of Hannity’s grandparents were born in Ireland) making the company look really bad, especially if the Seth Rich stuff gets really ugly in court, and if the SEC investigates, is not going to go over well with the Murdochs. 

What does them being Irish have to do with anything?

40 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

I think the conversation has sidetracked from that a bit. Right now, it’s just a series of shitty, dishonest “journalism” that should get him fired. But early speculation was that the Hannity-Cohen connection could’ve been an avenue for coordinating communications between TrumpCo-Assange/Wikileaks-Russia. If anybody was talking about jail, it was probably in that context. There may have been speculation about him using Cohen for other shady dealings, but I don’t recall anything other than loose speculation based on other “problems” Cohen has fixed.

His meltdown on his radio show initially felt like there was something going on with the main Mueller stuff and he was scared of being tied to the Russians. 

In hindsight, it feels like he didn’t want anybody (his bosses or audience) finding out about his real estate /business dealings.  His original comment about consulting on some real estate is pretty amusing. 

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

His meltdown on his radio show initially felt like there was something going on with the main Mueller stuff and he was scared of being tied to the Russians. 

In hindsight, it feels like he didn’t want anybody (his bosses or audience) finding out about his real estate /business dealings.  His original comment about consulting on some real estate is pretty amusing. 

Why?  It looks like that's exactly what Cohen did for him.

Have you ever bought an investment property?  There is nothing shady about opening up LLCs to do your real estate transactions.  It actually helps keep everything clean and organized for the IRS.  Considering the volume he was dealing with, it would have been a fucking nightmare to deal with expenses if he didn't do it that way.

5 minutes ago, Amobie said:

Have you ever bought an investment property?  There is nothing shady about opening up LLCs to do your real estate transactions.  It actually helps keep everything clean and organized for the IRS.  Considering the volume he was dealing with, it would have been a fucking nightmare to deal with expenses if he didn't do it that way.

LOL.  You do you.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

It's not the structure that's the problem.

What is the problem then?  To me it looks like Hannity went to Trump's real estate lawyer for advice on how to buy a bunch of property.

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s probably naive to think this is all there is to the Hannity-Cohen relationship.  

It's pretty obvious that Cohen is a bit of a moron outside of doing these real estate deals.

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

Let's re-visit that when Cohen flips on Trump or gets charged with a Tolstoy novel worth of crimes.

Cohen's RE deals are definitely the mostly likely way you could connect Russia and Trump.  Trump better how he did a better job hiding those than he did with stormy daniels.

1 hour ago, Amobie said:

That's not what Hannity said Cohen did for him.

https://www.hannity.com/media-room/sean-hannity-responds-to-latest-fake-news-attack/

Sean Hannity Responds to Latest Fake News Attack

posted by Sean Hannity - 2 hours ago

It is ironic that I am being attacked for investing my personal money in communities that badly need such investment and in which, I am sure, those attacking me have not invested their money. The fact is, these are investments that I do not individually select, control, or know the details about; except that obviously I believe in putting my money to work in communities that otherwise struggle to receive such support.

I have never discussed with anybody at HUD the original loans that were obtained in the Obama years, nor the subsequent refinance of such loans, as they are a private matter. I had no role in, or responsibility for, any HUD involvement in any of these investments. I can say that every rigorous process and strict standard of improvement requirements were followed; all were met, fulfilled and inspected.

The LLC’s are REAL companies that spend real investment money on real properties.

Fake News Attacks folks.