So, am I getting another $3900 check? Should I?

Wulaw Horn

Trump is mad at McConnell because McConnell said to accept the election results and he isn’t going to fight the EC vote acceptance in 2 weeks. Add that trump wants to print money in the hopes it might convince citizens to call their elected officials to keep trump in office.

if I were mnuchin I would say fuck it,  and quit during a Sunday talk shows today.

• Haha 1

Let us suppose there is a world where, during this 15 minutes, Trump realizes he lost in 2020, and is purely focused on winning again in 2024.

What better way than to go out giving the Democrats more power in the Senate, just letting D's be D's for 4 years, getting whatever they want. While being that dude who just wanted everybody to have money.

Then, when the last Abraham Lincoln statue has been toppled, ride back in to restore [fill in blank.]

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

He wants to be liked.  He's trying to buy popularity with more taxpayer money.  That's all.  

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Trump is mad at McConnell because McConnell said to accept the election results and he isn’t going to fight the EC vote acceptance in 2 weeks. Add that trump wants to print money in the hopes it might convince citizens to call their elected officials to keep trump in office.

It's all of this rolled into one package.

Trump is extremely pissed at McConnell, and even telling everybody on twitter that Mitch and other Republican Senators only won because of Donnie.  He also thinks he can buy off the public and get them on his side, because that's how things work in his world.

10 million Americans just saw a huge chunk of their unemployment benefits expire.  100 million+ just had stimulus money promised to them at the last minute, only to see it yanked away.  

And we are just 48 hours or so away from a government shutdown, which will directly affect over 70,000 federal employees in Georgia, not to mention their families, and with a slew of indirect effects.

The GOP infighting is playing out in front of everybody, and hurting a shitload of people.

• Rage+1 1

45 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Let us suppose there is a world where, during this 15 minutes, Trump realizes he lost in 2020, and is purely focused on winning again in 2024.

What better way than to go out giving the Democrats more power in the Senate, just letting D's be D's for 4 years, getting whatever they want. While being that dude who just wanted everybody to have money.

Then, when the last Abraham Lincoln statue has been toppled, ride back in to restore [fill in blank.]

That requires a lot more forward thinking than Trump has been able to muster these past four years, but he seems fixated on Mitch.

I could see people around him who are playing a long game, and if they could knock Mitch off of his pedestal by flipping the Senate, they could get somebody else who is more to their liking, to come into power in the Senate in 2022 or 2024 (Ted Cruz as Senate Majority Leader?)

If the Senate flips to the Dems, Trump and Co. get to blame Mitch, and Trump has already laid that groundwork, that only he is responsible for Mitch keeping his seat.

I like your thinking though.  Trump exists in a world where people either kiss the ring or get punished.  Mitch failed to kiss the ring, and Trump can punish him by torpedoing Georgia.

And already Perdue and Loeffler are being hammered by the Dem campaigns in Georgia for the failure of the GOP over the stimulus stuff.

There's over 70,000 federal employees in Georgia that could be furloughed, there's a shit-ton more that will be affected, and that's on top of the millions that were promised some kind of stimulus.  And that's not getting into those that will be affected by the unemployment benefits that are running out.
And Warnock and Ossoff are hammering Perdue and Loeffler over this, because the Republicans are the "Leopard ate my face" party. 
Trump is not sophisticated in any way, but his "bull running wild in a china shop" schtick could very well work, and has got to be making Mitch and the Rs sick to their stomaches.  They didn't even want to give up $600 a person, and now he's going to fuck them if they don't give up $2,000.

Frog and scorpion. They knew what he was and they went along because they were waiting for someone else to stand up. They enjoyed the money and the opportunity to run roughshod over the opposition. They got what they wanted and what they didn’t want. They knew all along they would aggy QB this. Hype hype, support, then at the 11th hour pretend they weren’t complicit and how it was really the Democratic Party’s fault they had to elect and enable this piece of shit.

They had every opportunity to rid themselves of this with the investigation that they hamstrung. They thought it would make Donald grateful. Much like on every other subject, they were wrong.
  • Like 1

That is heartbreaking and rage inducing at the same time.  How companies could shit on employees like this in the great country of 'MERICA. Fucking terrible.

This is fairly common here, and in our history. Shit, I pulled a 26 hour shift, and my boss called me up from location in North Dakota, wanting me to leave the site because he heard a rumor the job was ending soon (it didn’t) and he wanted me to drive 3 hours to an airport, and work all weekend on a job that needed 20-30 hours of work to complete. He also told me his motivation was because it would impact his bonus. I asked him when I was supposed to sleep and he told me without the hint of laughter that we all needed to put in a little extra time.

When the job finished I went to sleep. This is not an unusual story for the oil field. I understood that song 16 tons a lot more once I started work in that field.

If I was Mitch, I'd be busting balls to get something done, because yeah, they fucked around and left it open to a pocket veto, which means a whole shitload of federal employees in Georgia are going to get furloughed just as the runoffs are happening, impacting them and their families, not to mention people who thought they were getting something and now they aren't (either group is more than enough to tip the scales to the Dems).
And if the Georgia runoffs give it to the Dems, then Pelosi and Schumer will be pushing through $2,000 and more come January 21st while Turtle flails around on his back.

Why? His election isn’t until 4 more and we have a history of short term memories.

On 12/26/2020 at 10:49 AM, Celery Man said:

maybe middle/upper middle class people hold off on calling the poors ungrateful in a year where we destroyed their ability to make a living because science hurts our feelings

I get the sentiment of this post-- we are all emotional and on edge and raw nerves out here in some form or fashion-- but distilling into overly simplistic tinctures for easy consumption, like you did above, doesn't seem to be productive or helpful, or even accurate if I am understanding this correctly.

Let's give everyone the $600 and withstand calling them ungrateful, of that I already said and agree. But I want to take it a step further and give them what they are asking for so there are no more excuses or complaints, and I understand that should be an add-on or round two, if you take Joe Biden at his word that the $600 is a down payment and think like I do that Trump is being facetious about wanting to give folks $2k, off the dribble.

• Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I get the sentiment of this post-- we are all emotional and on edge and raw nerves out here in some form or fashion-- but distilling into overly simplistic tinctures for easy consumption, like you did above, doesn't seem to be productive or helpful, or even accurate if I am understanding this correctly.

And people wonder why guillotines are trending. 

How was brunch?

hqdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

This is the simplest answer and therefore most probably correct.  Dotard could give two fucks about the senate majority.  He just wants to be at the top.
Remember, he ALONE can solve any problem. No one else is as smart as him or can make the great deal. Everyone is in awe of Trump. And he actually believes all that bullshit to be true.

Gotta figure Mitch told him to concede, spend the next 4 years holding rallies & making money while Mitch & the GOP obstruct everything, priming the pump for Trump & Ivanka 2024. Only 2 problems to that: Trump doesn't want to wait 4 years, and the GOP is going to try & find Trump's more trainable, leashable replacement.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

No country for Old Men, I guess.

No Country for tone-deaf bougies. 

• Bourgeoisie, in todays terms, means middle-class, and is usually used as a pejorative term for the materialistic, rather affluent, conventional-minded part of society that "feels" on the upper levels.
  • This group is hierarchically narrow-minded and overly-concerned with the idea of social levels, despising everything and everyone that doesn't "measure up" socially and/or financially.
  • When making new acquaintances, they normally put an exceptionally high-priority on well-established backgrounds, traditional manners (feeling they are aristocratic, according to their clichées), and wealth and social status.
  • Utterly socially pedantic themselves, they'll always be afraid of what may seem unconventional or considered socially odd.

Edited by washparkhorn

5 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

• Bourgeoisie, in todays terms, means middle-class, and is usually used as a pejorative term for the materialistic, rather affluent, conventional-minded part of society that "feels" on the upper levels.
  • This group is hierarchically narrow-minded and overly-concerned with the idea of social levels, despising everything and everyone that doesn't "measure up" socially and/or financially.
  • When making new acquaintances, they normally put an exceptionally high-priority on well-established backgrounds, traditional manners (feeling they are aristocratic, according to their clichées), and wealth and social status.
  • Utterly socially pedantic themselves, they'll always be afraid of what may seem unconventional or considered socially odd.

You are a strange young man. Thanks for the urban dictionary treatment of an extremely popular word and idea though, as additional input.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Let's give everyone the $600 and withstand calling them ungrateful, of that I already said and agree. But I want to take it a step further and give them what they are asking for so there are no more excuses or complaints, and I understand that should be an add-on or round two, if you take Joe Biden at his word that the $600 is a down payment and think like I do that Trump is being facetious about wanting to give folks $2k, off the dribble.

do you think that there is a definable amount for a one time payout that will solve all of the problems and potential problems as we deal with the fallout of this disease and our disastrous response to it over the course of at least the next calendar year? are you looking for a nuanced conversation about how we can best help the people who have suffered the brunt of the economic impact, or trying to identify the payout number that will allow unreformed scrooges to continue assuaging their feelings of inadequacy by grinding down the poors? If it's the former, you haven't done a very good job at communicating.

I don't know your posting history, what your old handle was, or anything about you - maybe I'm reading you wrong and I'm not really trying to come at you. If your view is that the whiny poors need to shut up (right now) I think your opinion is bad and you should feel bad about it.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

I could see Trump wanting bigger checks simply because some percentage of it will come back to him through donations.

This is really the biggest motivating factor for the push for the bigger stimulus checks. That Trump merchandise isn't going to sell at the coming cult meetings he'll be holding across the country if the cult doesn't have any disposable income to throw his way. 

22 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

do you think that there is a definable amount for a one time payout that will solve all of the problems and potential problems as we deal with the fallout of this disease and our disastrous response to it over the course of at least the next calendar year? are you looking for a nuanced conversation about how we can best help the people who have suffered the brunt of the economic impact, or trying to identify the payout number that will allow unreformed scrooges to continue assuaging their feelings of inadequacy by grinding down the poors? If it's the former, you haven't done a very good job at communicating.

I don't know your posting history, what your old handle was, or anything about you - maybe I'm reading you wrong and I'm not really trying to come at you. If your view is that the whiny poors need to shut up (right now) I think your opinion is bad and you should feel bad about it.

I think a comprehensive plan should actually include both of those things you mentioned: look at the aggregate data and come to, as best as possible a number that will help meet the minimum basic requirements of living for folks struggling (not unlike you see with WIC or SNAP or whatever food stamps and the such are called these days along with unemployment benefits), as well as get some input and “bottom up” input from the people on what they think will be a satisfactory number and solution instead of a pure “top down” so that you not only get to a meaningful payout (e.g. not $600) but you are also showing some accountability in giving. 

I think the last thing we should be doing is vilifying the upper middle class for essentially being lucky. I thought your initial response was really weak and lazy and cheap, but felt good saying (and I understand catharsis as much as the next man), but there is a balance and vilifying the upper middle class and laying all that’s happened at their feet is dishonest and an over-simplification that tells me you have a juvenile opinion and should feel bad for it (to use your language) if you are a mature adult, for not being able to see the bigger picture and think like an adult. Perpetuating a victim-mentality and a culture class war, as if poor people didn’t have any impact on the virus and its spread, is the other side of the coin of billionaires hating poor people. If you are a young man early into your adulthood than I don’t think you should feel bad, to be fair. 

At the end of the day we should all be wanting to capitalize on the luck of our collective upper middle class field position by growing wealth and net worth in a time when there are awesome opportunities, nascent industries and early entry opportunities into portfolios while at the same time helping the poor and working class because a) it’s the right thing to do and b) it’s the only way to keep this capitalism experiment going. Having a number that satisfies their wants/needs, like $2k, seems a fair way to give them what they want while also moving forward.

I voted for Yang, by the way, as to my posting history. I am all for conscious capitalism and the advancement of technology and a UBI, which is probably also why giving less than 1% of an average upper middle class gross income is a nothing burger.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I think a comprehensive plan should actually include both of those things you mentioned: look at the aggregate data and come to, as best as possible a number that will help meet the minimum basic requirements of living for folks struggling (not unlike you see with WIC or SNAP or whatever food stamps and the such are called these days along with unemployment benefits), as well as get some input and “bottom up” input from the people on what they think will be a satisfactory number and solution instead of a pure “top down” so that you not only get to a meaningful payout (e.g. not $600) but you are also showing some accountability in giving. 

I think the last thing we should be doing is vilifying the upper middle class for essentially being lucky. I thought your initial response was really weak and lazy and cheap, but felt good saying (and I understand catharsis as much as the next man), but there is a balance and vilifying the upper middle class and laying all that’s happened at their feet is dishonest and an over-simplification that tells me you have a juvenile opinion and should feel bad for it (to use your language) if you are a mature adult, for not being able to see the bigger picture and think like an adult. Perpetuating a victim-mentality and a culture class war, as if poor people didn’t have any impact on the virus and its spread, is the other side of the coin of billionaires hating poor people. If you are a young man early into your adulthood than I don’t think you should feel bad, to be fair. 

At the end of the day we should all be wanting to capitalize on the luck of our collective upper middle class field position by growing wealth and net worth in a time when there are awesome opportunities, nascent industries and early entry opportunities into portfolios while at the same time helping the poor and working class because a) it’s the right thing to do and b) it’s the only way to keep this capitalism experiment going. Having a number that satisfies their wants/needs, like $2k, seems a fair way to give them what they want while also moving forward.

I voted for Yang, by the way, as to my posting history. I am all for conscious capitalism and the advancement of technology and a UBI, which is probably also why giving less than 1% of an average upper middle class gross income is a nothing burger.

Also please excuse the typos as this was typed up from the mobile while waiting on my BOPIS in the suburban Target parking lot, which I expound here to make fun of myself a bit with the “hate the bougie” folks on here because I can’t think of anything more solidly and damningly middle class.

• Fuck You 1

19 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

The economy is dynamic, not static. The economic disruption from Covid to DJT has left some sectors choked off while others are drowning in liquidity.  We are attempting to jump start an economic engine while the vehicle is slowing, but still moving. The purpose of a set amount of relief to all humans is an attempt to inject liquidity into all sectors of the economy.

So if one is a DINC, that $600 may mean nothing for you, but its not there for your feelings. It is a commonly used economic tool to re-light a stalling economy. Macro-Econ 101. 

TLDR: Hate helping out those less fortunate? Spend your $600 like the good consumer you are. That's your job. Nothing else. 

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

The economy is dynamic, not static. The economic disruption from Covid to DJT has left some sectors choked off while others are drowning in liquidity.  We are attempting to jump start an economic engine while the vehicle is slowing, but still moving. The purpose of a set amount of relief to all humans is an attempt to inject liquidity into all sectors of the economy.

So if one is a DINC, that $600 may mean nothing for you, but its not there for your feelings. It is a commonly used economic tool to re-light a stalling economy. Macro-Econ 101. 

TLDR: Hate helping out those less fortunate? Spend your $600 like the good consumer you are. That's your job. Nothing else. 

I’m at a loss for what is wrong with you. I’m not your enemy here, pal, and I more or less agree with you up there in a vacuum.

• Fuck You 2

Yes, both things are true. I did indeed vote for the hated villain in the movie but also am enamored and bought in with what Yang was selling and love his ideas around UBI, being pro-technology and automation, and conscious capitalism.

Not to derail but I read today Yang was running for something in NY and I hope he gets it and those of you who live in the great state of NY support him.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Fuck You 3

2 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Mapping The U.S. Farm Subsidy $1M Club

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamandrzejewski/2018/08/14/mapping-the-u-s-farm-subsidy-1-million-club/?sh=7ea5581e3efc

2 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

huh

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Yes, both things are true. I did indeed vote for the hated villain in the movie but also am enamored and bought in with what Yang was selling and love his ideas around UBI, being pro-technology and automation, and conscious capitalism.

Not to derail but I read today Yang was running for something in NY and I hope he gets it and those of you who live in the great state of NY support him.

You post like you are smarter than this.  Apparently, I was wrong.

1 hour ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Oh just shut the fuck up you twat.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

You asked a stupid shitheaded question and I put the appropriate amount of thought into the response, which was not much. I'm not convinced you were trying to do more than ask a rhetorical question about how much money we have to chuck at the poors before we can go back to telling them to pull up their bootstraps and laughing while they drown.

I am not a poor. There but for the grace of God go I. I didn't get any checks with that shitstain's signature this year. I did cash severance checks for 3 months while I wrote resumes and cover letters and brushed up on technical skills after my group got cut in June. I got a new job with a raise and made a killing on my house and got paid to relocate to a part of the country we were trying to get to, and still this year fucking sucked. While sitting in a house where we were in no danger of being foreclosed, with two paid for cars out front, with plenty of cash for groceries and a big assed HEB down the street, with a wife and board games and xboxes and TVs and spare rooms and nobody getting sick, with a raise and my portfolio climbing (wtf?), with an exciting adventure and a very much wanted pregnancy and a new house and all sorts of cool shit like that, this year fucking sucked. Imagine being poor, or living on that edge and finding yourself falling off the cliff in the midst of all of this shit. Apologies if my reaction hurt your feelings but frankly fuck your feelings. I wasn't vilifying upper middle class people, I was vilifying upper middle class villains - if you want a better response ask better questions.

27 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Sorry meant to quote you on my previous reply. So yea, both things are true and I stand by previous points. Was there a “gotcha” I missed? A point you were passively trying to make?

Since you voted for Trump you either have shit for brains, are a troll, or both. I’m going with both, go fucking troll somewhere else with your “I’m in the yang gang now” bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 3

Dude is a long winded chrispy troll.  Might be the same guy.

THAT’S who he reminds me of!

The last time he posted something stupid and got rightfully dog piled he pulled the same “I cant respond to you people any more because I’ve got important real life things to handle!” bitch out like Chrispy always pulled.

18 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

The last time he posted something stupid and got rightfully dog piled he pulled the same “I cant respond to you people any more because I’ve got important real life things to handle!” bitch out like Chrispy always pulled.

Yeah it’s the same posting style. “I’m so reasonable and important” but let me just throw out a few troll bombs here and there and “why are you getting upset at that?”

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Bama Chick said: