2020 Democratic National Convention

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, The Ace of Aces said:

Anyone who can watch that immigration piece and think “fuck these people, they’re animals” deserves all the bad things.

Exactly.  I thought about that during the segment.  I literally thought to myself that I can’t believe there are probably trump supporters fuming at the site of the immigrants on their tv. 

No shit, that mother is a badass who willed her child alive and did everything to help survive. How can we not want her as a fellow American after some kind of process?  She is a fighter and a contributor. Amazing what some people have to do for their children just to have a small chance.  I respect that perseverance.  

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

My wife lost it when Prince Royce showed up. Apparently he's big with all the young Latinas like him because she started getting lots of texts.

I have no idea who that guy is but I can tell you this about the youngs. My super lib 21 year old daughter when I asked her if she was voting for Biden she was lukewarm about it because she’s a big Bernie supporter. She ultimately said she would vote for Biden after I harangued her about it for a little bit but apparently the young Bernie supporter vote stills needs motivation. Was kind of eye opening really. 

11 hours ago, Homercles said:

Oh boy so the RNC is going to be riveting as the DC MAGA kid and the couple brandishing guns at BLM protestors as guest speakers will definitely be must-see TV...says no one.  

Just another episode in the reality tv show presidency. 

4 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I absolutely think she should disappear even if I think she gave a good speech tonight 

If she had retired  to a porch with a good book, that would’ve been fine too, but at least she went with a calm encouraging approach.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
To, too, two

13 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Very smart to put a face to immigration.  Every one of us would do the same to save our children.  So sick of the GOP trying to demonize every person that crosses the border illegally.  Yes I believe in legal immigration.  I do not support open borders but believe that we need reform.  I also understand how difficult that can be and that some things can’t wait. 

Something subtle that’s been going on over the past year is the right backing away from immigration and xenophobia as a primary political weapon. Looking at recent polling data among Republican voters, they no longer consider immigration as their #1 issue when it was consistently #1 in years past.  This could also be due to the pandemic and economic worries but you don’t see Trump and the GOP demonizing brown people like the did in the run up to the mid terms.  It’s like they understand they still have around 30% of the Latino vote and don’t want to jeopardize it.

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Something subtle that’s been going on over the past year is the right backing away from immigration and xenophobia as a primary political weapon. Looking at recent polling data among Republican voters, they no longer consider immigration as their #1 issue when it was consistently #1 in years past.  This could also be due to the pandemic and economic worries but you don’t see Trump and the GOP demonizing brown people like the did in the run up to the mid terms.  It’s like they understand they still have around 30% of the Latino vote and don’t want to jeopardize it.

Isn’t it also because they had essentially shut down much of immigration even prior to COVID? 

1 minute ago, burntorangebongos said:

Pelosi is a master politician and a force to be reckoned with but she also seems like someone that you'll have to pry the power away from instead of someone that would groom someone to transition power to. Too bad because she might try to out stay her time and usefulness to the detriment of her legacy. 

She does give that vibe, but hard to say. She could be a terrific mentor behind the scenes. If she’s smart, she would be doing that. 

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Isn’t it also because they had essentially shut down much of immigration even prior to COVID? 

That’s sadly irrelevant. The immigration issue for Republicans was always about drumming up fear among middle class whites.  GOP voters do not give a shit about policy that doesn’t impact them. 

That’s sadly irrelevant. The immigration issue for Republicans was always about drumming up fear among middle class whites.  GOP voters do not give a shit about policy that doesn’t impact them. 

I’m sure there’s a caravan forming somewhere down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Pelosi is a master politician and a force to be reckoned with but she also seems like someone that you'll have to pry the power away from instead of someone that would groom someone to transition power to. Too bad because she might try to out stay her time and usefulness to the detriment of her legacy. 

Pelosi has been an unmitigated disaster in the Trump Era. She might be a talented administrator but this moment in American History was not made for her. 

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I don’t think it’s a strategic change.

everyone is focusing on Covid 19 right now and what’s going on in this country takes way more precedence then illegals hopping the border. Illegal immigration isn’t a huge problem at the moment because there aren’t any jobs out there right now. Nobody is hiring really.

Edited by Voldemort86

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Pelosi has been an unmitigated disaster in the Trump Era. She might be a talented administrator but this moment in American History was not made for her. 

She is largely responsible for the D 2018 blitzkrieg. The entire GOP ran against her and they got their collective asses kicked.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

She is largely responsible for the D 2018 blitzkrieg. The entire GOP ran against her and they got their collective asses kicked.

Disagree with that and even if true, not a real accomplishment.  The president and his party being a bunch of criminal idiots helped a lot.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Disagree with that and even if true, not a real accomplishment.  The president and his party being a bunch of criminal idiots helped a lot.

And the party out of the White House almost always takes the mid-term elections.

I was surprised the Dems didn't take more seats, tbh.

10 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Warren would have been a great president. She had me at hello. 

Still pissed she didnt get a shot. She had my vote. You can find more intelligence and ability in her morning bowel movements than you can within the entire Trump family infesting the White House. 

• Hook 'Em 1