Cheese Enchiladas

Tailgate

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We find ways to absolutely ruin what should be perfectly delicious, simple food of the common man.  In Texas, one of those definitive dishes is the 2 cheese enchilada plate with rice and beans (usually ordered as the "number something or other").  No.  Just no.  Do NOT hipster-ify and fuck up enchiladas.  Please, in the name of all that is holy, fucking NO.

These are the words of a true patriot. My name is Braff Zacklin and I support this message.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

We're already there on stupid enchilada prices.  Superica's 2 cheese enchilada plate with rice and beans is $17; Pappasito's is $18.  Superica's version of the venerable Speedy Gonzalez (2 cheese enchiladas, crispy taco, guacamole salad is 28 fucking dollars.  

• Rage+1 1

21 minutes ago, baboso said:

We're already there on stupid enchilada prices.  Superica's 2 cheese enchilada plate with rice and beans is $17; Pappasito's is $18.  Superica's version of the venerable Speedy Gonzalez (2 cheese enchiladas, crispy taco, guacamole salad is 28 fucking dollars.  

F that.  Enchiladas y Mas, the #5 w/ rice and beans, $11.75:

image.thumb.png.fd0324f59e5b1d66f8ecaf9e86fa94a0.png

Maudies, Enchiladas Perfecto (3 w rice and beans), $13:

image.thumb.png.4ebffc356953117fe6913f2b1a2ebf70.png

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, one out of three ain't bad.

A few weeks ago I ripped growler while the cat was sitting on my lap and he took off like a bullet and just CRUSHED my balls with his back legs. Wife and kids found it amusing. 
Comedy Moving GIF by CBS

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, royiv said:

I grew up eating a #1 dinner at El Azteca at least once a week. I bet I had over 1,000 of them before I ever tried anything else on the menu. I yearn for the metabolism of youth.

RIP El Azteca. Miss hitting up that cabrito with my old man. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Pro tip, tell the waitress to ditch the rice, sub fried potatoes.  I’m not a chinaman and I want potatoes with my refried beans, not rice.  

I dunno, dude. I'm a simple man, and there are few things better than refried pintos mixed with Mexican rice rolled into a tortilla.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Pretty sure that's there so they can charge a table that abuses the privilege.  Can't recall ever being charged for a chips and salsa refill there.

Same here, never charged for more, not once, ever.

If they're charging someone, that person is probably a real ahole.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Dutch said:

image.png.c40c0683a3b59d0ff4f70a95b0b6cac0.png

Season 4 What GIF by The Office

Maybe they tack that on to the families that let their kids make a fuckin mess and don’t clean it up. Chaps my ass when folks do that. Now, back to cheese enchiladas.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

Same here, never charged for more, not once, ever.

If they're charging someone, that person is probably a real ahole.

When I worked at the Black-Eyed Pea, someone somewhere in the building, at least once a month, would wind up with a table that ordered a cup of broccoli cheese soup, waters with plenty of lemon, rolls, cornbread and a side of ranch. Everything but the soup was free. There'd be anywhere between 2-4 people sitting there, demanding refills of the sugar packets, new bowls of lemons, more cornbread, rolls and ranch, and sit there for an hour. They'd dip the bread in the soup too. The bill would be like $3 and they'd fuck the restaurant and the server, stiffing the server completely.

This same thing was true but with bread, ranch and a bloomin' onion at Outback.

This same thing would be true with queso, salsa, the same drinks, chips, tortillas and salsa at Pappasito's. It happed to me once at the BEP. From there forward when that bullshit would happen, that table would get one round of shit and then a firm "no" from me until they left. More than once they'd complain to management and I never got so much as a reprimand. Fuck those people in this world and I don't blame any restaurant for crafting ways to bill them for wasting everybody's time and money. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

LOL.  I served time at Wendy's in high school.  It was the early days of the unlimited salad bar.  We had one cheap-ass couple that would show up for a late-ish Sunday lunch, newspapers in hand, eat a full meal's worth of salad + ice tea refills, READ THE FUCKING PAPER FOR A FEW HOURS, and then start over for dinner.  It was astonishing.  You have to be mighty cheap to willingly spend 6 hours in a Wendy's just to get four meals for the price of two.  (I'm surprised they didn't try to figure out how to only pay for one salad bar instead of two.)

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

20 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

LOL.  I served time at Wendy's in high school.  It was the early days of the unlimited salad bar.  We had one cheap-ass couple that would show up for a late-ish Sunday lunch, newspapers in hand, eat a full meal's worth of salad + ice tea refills, READ THE FUCKING PAPER FOR A FEW HOURS, and then start over for dinner.  It was astonishing.  You have to be mighty cheap to willingly spend 6 hours in a Wendy's just to get four meals for the price of two.  (I'm surprised they didn't try to figure out how to only pay for one salad bar instead of two.)

Hey...fuck you.  You're describing to a tee my scheme during finals at the Mr. Gattis on MLK.  Go for lunch.  Stuff yourself.  Study for a few hours.  Drink some iced tea.  Come dinner time, go load up for round two.  For a grand total of around $6 back in the day.  No apologies, no ragrets!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

So get paid to eat enchiladas, then write up some bullshit to steer the cali freakos elsewhere?

Where do I apply?

For barbecue I send the Californians to Dickeys or Colters. Tacos to Fuzzy’s or Torchy’s. And Mexican food Uncle Julio’s or Mi Cocina. They’ll fuck up anyplace decent.
  • Haha 1