Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

i wanted to make a good faith O/U bet on the Colorado win total this season. you passed.

you asked me to make a bet proposal on the first 6 games, so i did in good faith. you passed.

additionally, i made a second good faith bet proposal on them winning 6 games. you passed.

you countered with a $9,990 to $10 bet. which is one of the most ridiculous bet proposals made on this site, but you know that.

hey broke boy: fuck off.

you don't pay for tree fiddy. you don't pay for burnt ends. you won't make a bet here.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Nah. You claim to be 100% certain, I offer you a free ten bucks, and all you do is make up even more stupid shit opinions. Start by admitting you're full of shit with your certainty, and we'll go from there. Or don't.

• 2 weeks later...
https://x.com/barstoolsports/status/1691847128081891627?s=46&t=eYS3Iih40JDCEJzLJQClmQ

This team looks like it’s half highschool freshmen. 6 wins lmaoooooo

I know we joke about high school teams being able to beat a D1 school, but I’d be willing bet that’s the case right now. Maybe not by season’s end, but right now.

Wonder how many 6A teams in Texas have more legit D1 talent that CU.

1 hour ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

So are all those players really small and the one dude is normal D1 athlete sized...or are they all normalish sized and that 1 dude is huge?

69Gerad Christian-Lichtenhan

• Position

Offensive Tackle
  • Height

6-10
  • Weight

On 8/1/2023 at 9:22 AM, Tex Long said:

If Coach Prime improves the Buffs' record dramatically - say, 6 or 7 wins or more - his recruiting pitch will hit the nail and drive it hard. It could happen.

I see this as unlikely, but possible in 2024. Anything over 3 wins in 2023 would make Deion a much better coach than I believe him to be.

1 minute ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

I see this as unlikely, but possible in 2024. Anything over 3 wins in 2023 would make Deion a much better coach than I believe him to be.

Definitely unlikely, but the Pac4 is such a disaster area at this point, there's a three-win season right there for the taking. 

5 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Definitely unlikely, but the Pac4 is such a disaster area at this point, there's a three-win season right there for the taking. 

They have two gimmes on their schedule - Colorado State and Stanford. The Pac 12 isn't a disaster this season. It might be the best conference from top to bottom in the country. 

39 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

They have two gimmes on their schedule - Colorado State and Stanford. The Pac 12 isn't a disaster this season. It might be the best conference from top to bottom in the country. 

Well I don't know about that last comment; I think the Big 12 might actually be that, but yeah... looking at CU's schedule:

at TCU (loss)

vs. Nebraska (loss)

vs. Colorado State (I can haz win?)

at Oregon (loss)

vs. USC (loss)

at Arizona State (loss...probably)

vs. Stanford (I can haz win?)

at UCLA (loss)

vs. Oregon State (loss)

vs. Arizona (I can haz win?)

at Washington State (loss)

at Utah (loss)

So yeah - the absolute best case for them is probably 3-9 with wins over CSU, Stanford and Arizona.  If literally everything works out great for them I could see them maybe knocking off Arizona State for a 4th win?

6 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Well I don't know about that last comment; I think the Big 12 might actually be that, but yeah... looking at CU's schedule:

at TCU (loss)

vs. Nebraska (loss)

at Oregon (loss)

vs. USC (loss)

at UCLA (loss)

vs. Oregon State (loss)

at Utah (loss)

So yeah - the absolute best case for them is probably 3-9 with wins over CSU, Stanford and Arizona.  If literally everything works out great for them I could see them maybe knocking off Arizona State for a 4th win?

if they don't beat CSU they aren't going to win any other games on their schedule.

the only other one is a toss up should be a gimmie is Stanford, who should be pretty bad this year. that's also a home game.

as of right now they getting 9.5 points in a home game vs Nebraska. they getting 20.5 points on the road vs TCU. they should be favorites to win vs CSU no matter what.

FPI has them at 2.8-9.2 (so in line with 3-9) - but if they have any QB injuries they are going to have a looooooooooooooooooooooong season.

3 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

3 wins ia what we think is likely. There might be a couple more possible Ws in there... say, ASU or WSU. Rhule at Neb has had fucking horrible first years at Temple and Baylor, but I have no idea what's going on with that team. 

It seems like it's a red flag situation to have the HC's son at QB1. If Prime Jr. is worth a bucket of warm spit, we could see a couple of surprises. It'll be interesting to see how they come out in the first game.

Not sure where the confidence vs Colorado State is coming from.  Jay Norvell was in his 1st year there, but he brought in a bunch of Nevada players from their 8 win 2021 team, as well as flipping a bunch of recruits, so he's got a solid base of players already.  He also took Nevada from 3 wins to 8 in season 2.  #2 recruiting class in the MWC w/ 31 commits.  I'd bet they're a bowl team this year.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mittens said:

Not sure where the confidence vs Colorado State is coming from.  Jay Norvell was in his 1st year there, but he brought in a bunch of Nevada players from their 8 win 2021 team, as well as flipping a bunch of recruits, so he's got a solid base of players already.  He also took Nevada from 3 wins to 8 in season 2.  #2 recruiting class in the MWC w/ 31 commits.  I'd bet they're a bowl team this year.

CSU was the #122 team in the country in FEI last year and is currently the #122 team in projected FPI this year.

it's also early in the season so lessens the injury impact on Colorado.

1 hour ago, Mittens said:

I don’t have any confidence that they will win any games. I was just trying to pick out games they stand a chance in. 

I think 1-11 is just as probable as 3-9 or 4-10.

5 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

at TCU (loss)

vs. Nebraska (loss)

at Oregon (loss)

vs. USC (loss)

at UCLA (loss)

vs. Oregon State (loss)

at Utah (loss)

For me, I see a down Big 12 this year. Texas and KSU will be good to great - Texas has the talent and KSU has the coaching, so either one getting some breaks could wind up 11+ wins. After that, OSU, OU, BYU, UH, Baylor, WVU, ISU, UCF and Cincy look like they're on a path to playing below their prior 5 year averages. Tech and TCU will be okay or could be good. KU is too thin with no defense but they'll score points. I see parity, sure, but high floor, low ceiling parity.

The PAC 12 doesn't necessarily have parity, I guess, but they are loaded at the top. USC, UCLA, Oregon State, Oregon, Utah, and UW are top 25 teams. Arizona is potentially a bowl team (check them out), along with probably Wazzou. CU, Stanford, ASU and Cal are absolute dogshit. Not good for CU, since they miss Cal and are one of the other dogshit teams. Catching all of the higher quality teams is kind of hilarious and sad.

4 hours ago, Tex Long said:

3 wins ia what we think is likely. There might be a couple more possible Ws in there... say, ASU or WSU. Rhule at Neb has had fucking horrible first years at Temple and Baylor, but I have no idea what's going on with that team. 

It seems like it's a red flag situation to have the HC's son at QB1. If Prime Jr. is worth a bucket of warm spit, we could see a couple of surprises. It'll be interesting to see how they come out in the first game.

The thing for me with Rhule this year is that Nebraska has talent and his whole "tougher than you are" ethos that he instills into his programs will play really well there. I think there is a shot that Nebraska actually surprises everyone and gets to a bowl. They miss Ohio State and PSU this season. If you assume that they will beat CU, La Tech, Northwestern, and Northern Illinois, they need to steal 2 of Purdue, Mich State, Minn, Maryland and Illinois. They beat Iowa last year when they had nothing to play for, so I guess that one would be fair game too. I don't know, I can see 6 in there somewhere.

4 hours ago, Mittens said:

I've tried to argue in Colorado State's favor on this thread and elsewhere and it just gets shut down. Everyone seems to believe that Colorado State is basically UTEP. We can be the ones laughing out loud if they put a beating on the buffs.

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The thing for me with Rhule this year is that Nebraska has talent and his whole "tougher than you are" ethos that he instills into his programs will play really well there. I think there is a shot that Nebraska actually surprises everyone and gets to a bowl.

Kinda where I'm at with Neb and Rhule. I won't be surprised if they win every fight and lose most of their games. On the other hand, those close games could go their way instead. Gonna be a fun season all the way around.

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I've tried to argue in Colorado State's favor on this thread and elsewhere and it just gets shut down. Everyone seems to believe that Colorado State is basically UTEP. We can be the ones laughing out loud if they put a beating on the buffs.

I see that for sure. The W/L says it no doubt.  But I'm a fan of Jay Norvell and think CSU makes a leap this year.  Took almost his entire staff with him, 7 of Nevada's best players, flipped 6 Nevada recruits to CSU, flipped 2 from UCLA and 1 from UW. He's a year ahead of Neon Deion in rebuilding a roster and getting them all on the same page, and he did it with a lot more of his guys coming from Nevada than Deion did. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/17/2023 at 10:44 AM, Mittens said:

CSU is a dumpster fire of a program.  

• Hook 'Em 1

The 15 most important assistant coaching hires of 2023 -- No. 7: Sean Lewis, Colorado

Screenshot_20230823-090606_kindlephoto-8773536.png.bf7be91f0a013485e4ff561ac8c49956.png

"Lewis is a student of the Briles Veer and Shoot system, having learned and operated it under Dino Babers over the course of six seasons at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green and Syracuse. His 2021 team ranked third nationally with nearly 249 rushing yards per game at 5.38 per carry, which allowed Kent State quarterback Dustin Crum to finish among the top 30 nationally with 8.4 yards per attempt. "

https://footballscoop.com/news/the-15-most-important-assistant-coaching-hires-of-2023-no-7-sean-lewis-colorado

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Maybe a coordinator 

Some guys are just better suited as position coaches or coordinators.

Mike Singletary comes to mind. He did a good job as LB Coach for the Ravens and I'm sure he would have made an excellent DC if he had ever done that.

As far as HC, well... he didn't have the right temperament for that.

iwantwinners.gif.034860455d7c5087de94482037672d65.gif

1 hour ago, redswingline said:

Some guys are just better suited as position coaches or coordinators.

Mike Singletary comes to mind. He did a good job as LB Coach for the Ravens and I'm sure he would have made an excellent DC if he had ever done that.

As far as HC, well... he didn't have the right temperament for that.

iwantwinners.gif.034860455d7c5087de94482037672d65.gif

Here are Vernon Davis's remarks about that incident 

“I remember the very first time he kicked me off the field. Tears were shed. I told him, ‘I want to be traded Coach.’ He said, ‘OK. I’ll find another team for you.’ That moment, it started to click for me. It made me a better man, a better teammate and a better leader for my team. It helped me become the player I am today,” Davis said, via the San Francisco Chronicle. “I never really had an opportunity to tell him how much it meant to me. By the time I looked up, he was gone. That fast. I am very grateful.”

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, redswingline said:

75% of D1 coaches would be great with the right assistants

Right, but I kinda think he had success at Jackson State because he is Deion and to have success at Colorado is going to take a lot more than just being Deion. I could be wrong, maybe he's a great scheme/X and Os coach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deej said:

I'd hate playing for that guy. It will always be all about him if you win, and it will be all about you if you lose. 

Yeah, he really is different from the rest of college coaches at major programs, who care little about their salary and focus exclusively on the well-being of those around them.  

Robot-Jimbo.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6