Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe the $woosh will heal his ouchie.
would buy again (shoe, not over on Colorado or that gaudy chain)

They should’ve dressed up with some CU or Buffs logo to bring that back. I’m disappointed in Nike and their efforts on this.

Hell, I’d buy a pair if it had something like that, even though I’m not a Buffs fan.

Hook’em!!!

On 7/15/2023 at 9:53 AM, Dennis Taylor said:

Report: Disgruntled guy buried on the Bama depth chart leaves and says he likes his new place better.  For now. 

This is like when Tyreek said Tua was more accurate than Mahomes.  I don’t care what context it was in…it’s idiotic.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Venables strolls into Norman and promptly leads the dick gobblers to their worst season in like 25 years. Maybe if Deion studies the 2022 OU game film extra hard, he too can figure out a way to get to 6 wins. 

Def some cripple fight vibes with this one.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

What in the fuck is Venables doing with all of this shit talking? He mocked Cristobal about a 45-3 loss to FSU without a hint of understanding that he'd lost to OU's rival by a worse score in the same season. Now he's preaching moral superiority over Deion Sanders for how he's running off players versus how Sanders did it. It's utterly bizarre. It's also gratifying to see him constantly stepping on his dick.

Venables has never been the main guy before and, not only does it show, it's also obvious that he's got zero self-awareness about how idiotic he's coming across to everyone else. 

• Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

What in the fuck is Venables doing with all of this shit talking? He mocked Cristobal about a 45-3 loss to FSU without a hint of understanding that he'd lost to OU's rival by a worse score in the same season. Now he's preaching moral superiority over Deion Sanders for how he's running off players versus how Sanders did it. It's utterly bizarre. It's also gratifying to see him constantly stepping on his dick.

Venables has never been the main guy before and, not only does it show, it's also obvious that he's got zero self-awareness about how idiotic he's coming across to everyone else. 

Im all about it.  Flame out fast or do something impressive.  Seems there’s not gonna be any in-between.  He’s getting talent so he can be John Blake.  Or maybe OU wanders the desert for 15 years like you guys.  I wouldn’t bet on it but OU fans are spoiled and stupid, as you know as well as anyone.  

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Im all about it.  Flame out fast or do something impressive.  Seems there’s not gonna be any in-between.  He’s getting talent so he can be John Blake.  Or maybe OU wanders the desert for 15 years like you guys.  I wouldn’t bet on it but OU fans are spoiled and stupid, as you know as well as anyone.  

You either deep throat the fire hose or get destroyed by it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He’s a meathead.   Looks like one. Acts like one

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

While OU isn't Ohio State in terms of sustained success over the last 100+ years, I would not be surprised if you guys weren't second or third in terms of consistent performance. I fall into the trap of my football fantasies sometimes thinking "OU is due to have a long slump of seasons" but that's only happened once in my lifetime. Football is simply too important to the university, I guess. Who knows, but fuck you guys for it.

Regarding bringing in talent, I went through this in some depth on one of the recruiting threads so most folks would have missed it, but there's risk in the on-field performance not being comparable to where the class rankings would indicate. The 2023 class looks a lot like late stage Mack-Chuckles-Herman era classes for Texas. Top heavy with some real talent, a mediocre middle, and then some real WTF?!? type guys at the bottom.

I discussed this offline with some buddies that have been covering the sport for a long ass time and both of them concurred. Either Venables and crew are just flat out better at evaluating than everyone else, or they're just adding bodies to fill the roster because numerous guys didn't have film with weak offer and visit lists, or were highly ranked early and then fell considerably. Not like 1-2 but like 10+ guys in the class.

We'll see how much of that view is me wishcasting and how much is real. One of the guys that started off highly ranked and none of the regional powers pushed hard for has already left the OU program. Another guy in the bottom of the class that didn't even have film has also already left or went juco due to grades (couldn't get into OU? WTF?). Losing 2 guys in a class before they've even seen a season start is just weird.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

While OU isn't Ohio State in terms of sustained success over the last 100+ years, I would not be surprised if you guys weren't second or third in terms of consistent performance. I fall into the trap of my football fantasies sometimes thinking "OU is due to have a long slump of seasons" but that's only happened once in my lifetime. Football is simply too important to the university, I guess. Who knows, but fuck you guys for it.

Regarding bringing in talent, I went through this in some depth on one of the recruiting threads so most folks would have missed it, but there's risk in the on-field performance not being comparable to where the class rankings would indicate. The 2023 class looks a lot like late stage Mack-Chuckles-Herman era classes for Texas. Top heavy with some real talent, a mediocre middle, and then some real WTF?!? type guys at the bottom.

I discussed this offline with some buddies that have been covering the sport for a long ass time and both of them concurred. Either Venables and crew are just flat out better at evaluating than everyone else, or they're just adding bodies to fill the roster because numerous guys didn't have film with weak offer and visit lists, or were highly ranked early and then fell considerably. Not like 1-2 but like 10+ guys in the class.

We'll see how much of that view is me wishcasting and how much is real. One of the guys that started off highly ranked and none of the regional powers pushed hard for has already left the OU program. Another guy in the bottom of the class that didn't even have film has also already left or went juco due to grades (couldn't get into OU? WTF?). Losing 2 guys in a class before they've even seen a season start is just weird.

No argument here.  You’re spot on.  I’m saying the talent part assuming they close these 5 stars they supposedly lead for - that’s a huge assumption.  Also Stoops/LR tended to coach up a lot of players and/or they had a superior system to plug guys into.  Obviously BV hasn’t shown any of that.  

Well, if Brent's grace period is over for his players, perhaps they'll see CU in the Alamo Bowl. We know how heated that game can be. 

Fucking ou, they care more about college football than they do healthcare, so if Brent is sucking shit halfway through the season, they'll can his ass. Which sucks. 

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Vegetables is a place holder. He’ll be long gone before sec sec sec. 

I feel like they are going to limp in to the SEC and really struggle to adjust. They remind me a bit of Green Bay. They have had this insane 25 year run of hall of fame QB play with Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers at the QB position and it has elevated that team above and beyond what they should have been able to accomplish. Then when that goes away they are left with something called Jordan Love. Their lack of deep NIL is getting exposed, and it doesn't seem like too many top recruits are buying what Venables is selling. They are getting desperate and having to throw big wads at key guys just to land them. They are like aggy, except with far fewer resources to money whip dudes. 

Venables is the Jordan Love of OU football. If he gets his doors blown off in 2024 he is going to be sacrificed to whatever volcano will spit out the next Stoops.

On the other hand, I feel like Texas has really built for this for the last 3 years with a very solid plan that has been executed extremely well. It would not surprise me to see Texas surprise some people and contend for an SEC title in the first couple of seasons, especially with Bama seemingly on the backside of their run. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1