Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

20 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Fucked worse than they were last year? I mean, I'm pretty fuckin' far from okay about what Deion is doing here and 100% expect to see him flame out badly, but JAGs would be an improvement.

Very possibly, they could still suck AND have to put up with Deon.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Does anyone actually hate CU? They’re an afterthought with good drugs.

I lived in Denver in the 90s (i.e. the last time cu was worth a shit) and also attended the 2001 big 12 championship game.  While my disdain will never rise to Sooner levels, I can manage a little schadenfreude over the current state of their program. 

Sanders literally had his staff clean most these guys’ lockers out. If you showed up and your stuff was in a pile, you knew how your post-spring-game meeting was going to go in advance. Some of the guys, like Courtney (the one who publicized the lack of access to Hudl), still had lockers but chose to leave.

2 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Sanders literally had his staff clean most these guys’ lockers out. If you showed up and your stuff was in a pile, you knew how your post-spring-game meeting was going to go in advance. Some of the guys, like Courtney (the one who publicized the lack of access to Hudl), still had lockers but chose to leave.

Link or source?

I see a bunch of people saying he won't have much success in year 1 and if he's going to win, it'll start in year 2.   I don't see it that way.

I think year -1 the team is competitive across the board and at-or-above .500; maybe 7-5.  Deion will probably even get a few words in the conversation for Coach of the Year.  The talent upgrade and a coaching staff that doesn't self destruct should get them there. They do play in the Pac-12.

I see year-2 being the hard year. If year-1 is 6-6 or 7-5, the expectations for year-2 will be sky-high. The massive talent upgrade he's doing now is a one-time trick. Next year he'll upgrade a few players like everyone else, but the improvement in year-2 has to start from the top. Coaching, schemes, player development.  It will be interesting if Deion has that in him.  

College Football is my #1 sport, and love him or hate him, the sport is better off with some characters like him.  We lost the Pirate, but we're getting Prime; he needs to have some success to stay relevant. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Maybe covered earlier but isn't there a limit of how many scholarships (25 or 32?) a team can give out a year?  There was a story elsewhere about all the issues KState was having the past 2 years filling their roster because of this limit... 

Just now, Grimas said:

Maybe covered earlier but isn't there a limit of how many scholarships (25 or 32?) a team can give out a year?  There was a story elsewhere about all the issues KState was having the past 2 years filling their roster because of this limit... 

First of all, it was an article about Kansas, not KSU, and it was from 2018. Different era now. 

There is no counter at 25 anymore. They changed that before last year. 85 is all that matters. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

First of all, it was an article about Kansas, not KSU, and it was from 2018. Different era now. 

There is no counter at 25 anymore. They changed that before last year. 85 is all that matters. 

Thanks - I didn't realize this limit was lifted...  

KU, KSU - tomato, tamato...

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Stupid question from someone that can't doesnt pay much attention to the NIL landscape. Why does 85 even really matter anymore. If some of these NIL deals are mid-six or even seven figures, why even have the guys on scholarship? What prevents a school from having their top 10 guys as "walk-ons" from a scholly perspective? Doesnt BYU already pay for all walkons? 

https://www.athleticbusiness.com/operations/programming/article/15139771/nil-deal-will-cover-full-tuition-of-byu-football-walk-ons

14 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Stupid question from someone that can't doesnt pay much attention to the NIL landscape. Why does 85 even really matter anymore. If some of these NIL deals are mid-six or even seven figures, why even have the guys on scholarship? What prevents a school from having their top 10 guys as "walk-ons" from a scholly perspective? Doesnt BYU already pay for all walkons? 

https://www.athleticbusiness.com/operations/programming/article/15139771/nil-deal-will-cover-full-tuition-of-byu-football-walk-ons

Paying walk-ons is actually a bad strategy at this juncture. If you have an endowed set of 85 scholarship positions, maybe adding walk-ons helps. I'll let one of the other guys that care more about the walk-on approach offer up details. @RGBIII @SydneyCarton @SquishMitten @immamac

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

Paying walk-ons is actually a bad strategy at this juncture. If you have an endowed set of 85 scholarship positions, maybe adding walk-ons helps. I'll let one of the other guys that care more about the walk-on approach offer up details. @RGBIII @SydneyCarton @SquishMitten @immamac

Walk-ons at major programs are typically practice dummies and don't see much if any playing time or they get a scholarship. Typically the depth at key positions with the transfer portal is managed to appropriately allow for the correct number of scholarship players for both depth and development depth. 

The outlier is when there is a 3rd year walk-on who has contributed and made the depth chart outside of the practice squad and is a key contributor to the development of the other players around them or displays leadership qualities in student life etc. 

Effectively there is no reason to have walk-on benefits if the rest of the roster isn't taken care of like @closetojumping said

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Did you just mistake everyone you mentioned in this post with Wulaw? You son of a bitch. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

I’ve seen you mix your queso and salsa together so this is accurate for you

1.) You have never seen that, because it has never happened.

2.) Your efforts to jealously humiliate me just because video of you singing karaoke exists on this site is petty, and beneath you. 

• Haha 2

Glad to see the school booted out a sexual predator in Deuce Roberson. I’m reading the story on Defector and man did Palmer Ridge HS and the community let a whole bunch of young women down because he was good at football. Good luck dealing with the El Paso County courts to Roberson because he’s going to get a whole bunch of decades behind bars and deservedly so.

https://defector.com/he-was-a-colorado-recruit-then-dozens-of-women-came-forward

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

52 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

1.) You have never seen that, because it has never happened.

2.) Your efforts to jealously humiliate me just because video of you singing karaoke exists on this site is petty, and beneath you. 

1. Prove it

2. No shame in my game. I can promise a karaoke video at every Surly event from here on out. Wait till you hear me sing "Come and get your love"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

1. Prove it

2. No shame in my game. I can promise a karaoke video at every Surly event from here on out. Wait till you hear me sing "Come and get your love"

Listen twatwaffle, the burden of proof is on the accuser. You're accusing me of fucking food murder with just your accusation. You don't have a murder weapon, you don't have video evidence, you don't have shit. When a man walks into a room and gleefully claims to be the actual father of your children, do you take him at his word? Or do you go get a fucking DNA test?

Also, I can't disprove a fucking negative that didn't happen you goddamn shitpile. You have to prove a positive. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Listen twatwaffle, the burden of proof is on the accuser. You're accusing me of fucking food murder with just your accusation. You don't have a murder weapon, you don't have video evidence, you don't have shit. When a man walks into a room and gleefully claims to be the actual father of your children, do you take him at his word? Or do you go get a fucking DNA test?

Also, I can't disprove a fucking negative that didn't happen you goddamn shitpile. You have to prove a positive. 

Mad Season 2 GIF by The Lonely Island

Mixing salsa and queso is perfectly acceptable. Queso flameado and Chile con queso say hi. Source: I’m Mexican.

Also wrapping your enchilada in a flour tortilla and eating it like a taco is acceptable too. That’s not a Mexican thing but it is an alpha male thing. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Mixing salsa and queso is perfectly acceptable. Queso flameado and Chile con queso say hi. Source: I’m Mexican.

Also wrapping your enchilada in a flour tortilla and eating it like a taco is acceptable too. That’s not a Mexican thing but it is an alpha male thing. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47w86qbf5coc16n1euo8

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

So you ruin the queso for everyone else? Wtf you prick!

If you're eating queso that's worth a shit, doesn't it already have most of the things that salsa has? Leaving queso remnants in the salsa seems like a way bigger dick move.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

What kind of shit is happening at your house, man? Some vato just walks into your house and starts claiming your progeny? Jesus.

12 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You clowns talking about mixing queso and salsa have no idea what we witnessed. There is no fucking way what I witnessed is considered normal. I'll be haunted by that moment in time a week or century from now on my death bed.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

You clowns talking about mixing queso and salsa have no idea what we witnessed. There is no fucking way what I witnessed is considered normal. I'll be haunted by that moment in time a week or century from now on my death bed.

Was this before or after he went to the nsync concert?