Fatsa v Mensa Game Thread

RPM

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

I'll say it again so more of you can stroke your neg rep peen - These guys absolutely care about other things over this game and this school.

Deal with it.

You're getting negged because your post is stupid. Texas has had bad football teams who play dumb for a decade now. So your argument makes no sense since the team looks the same as it has for years. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Huckleberry said:

You're getting negged because your post is stupid. Texas has had bad football teams who play dumb for a decade now. So your argument makes no sense since the team looks the same as it has for years. 

It's the equivalent of losing because of being too distraught over the death of Tupac. Just a shitty excuse for not doing your job.

• Haha 1

A lot of blame to go around on this one:

The refs screwed us on multiple crucial plays.

We committed an absurd amount of legit penalties (again)

Dropped passes

Bad tackling (although improved from last week)

Some inaccuracy from Sam

The classic turtle playcalling when we get the ball with the lead and have a chance to put the game away

And of course, the icing on the cake - Keontay holding the ball out on 1st and goal with 2.5 minutes left. This is is literally a high school level lesson.

Obviously most of these issues fall squarely on the coaches. I actually thought the OL played well, coverage was decent, and tackling was better even if still mediocre. This loss boils down to lack of discipline/focus and the refs.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Dropped passes

Some inaccuracy from Sam

The classic turtle playcalling when we get the ball with the lead and have a chance to put the game away

And of course, the icing on the cake - Keontay holding the ball out on 1st and goal with 2.5 minutes left. This is is literally a high school level lesson.

Obviously most of these issues fall squarely on the coaches. I actually thought the OL played well, coverage was decent, and tackling was better even if still mediocre. This loss boils down to lack of discipline/focus and the refs.

Our MENSA coach going hurry up with the chance to take the lead from the 1 with 2:45 min left. He acted like we were down 2 scores. We should have taken the play clock to 1 second and ran it. Then kept running until we scored

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

The refs didn’t cost us the game. We were 16 point home favorites. It’s borderline impossible for an upset like that to be decided by refs. We were a shit show today and the refs didn’t do us any favors. That’s about the best you can say 

31 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

We were 16 point favorites at home.  The refs didn't swing the game 18 points.

What about last week at Tech?  They may arguably not win a conference game and should have beat us.  This isn't one bad game and the refs screwed us here....

We were 10 point favorites by last night, because anyone with a brain hammered tcu at 16 and at 15 and at 14 and at 13 and at 12 and at 11.  Because vegas was way off with that line, and this game went more or less how most bettors thought it would, regardless of the final winner and loser. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I wanted us to go for it on the possession before TCU scored. 4th and 2.

I didn’t think we’d be able to stop TCU so I wanted to either keep the ball or let them score quickly. It looked like Boosh was going to fake it and run with it.

When Dugan had that wide open field in front of him I knew we were fucked.

Fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Dropped passes

Some inaccuracy from Sam

You covered most of it, but I've been seeing a lot of people leave out the 15 yard gaps in the middle of our defense. Duggan's first and last rushing TDs he went untouched through the middle of the defense because not a soul was present in the middle of the field. What the fuck kind of defense just leaves the entire middle of the field wide fucking open??????

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

We were 10 point favorites by last night, because anyone with a brain hammered tcu at 16 and at 15 and at 14 and at 13 and at 12 and at 11.  Because vegas was way off with that line, and this game went more or less how most bettors thought it would, regardless of the final winner and loser. 

Yes and a lot of that is because Herman is a bad coach.  He should have killed TCU today and he absolutely should have destroyed Tech a week ago.

24 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I like this notion that football players are somehow incapable of double tasking and caring about things other than football, as if players at other schools are just robots who never do anything outside of football and that this is somehow unique to football players here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Ok.  But it’s one or the other. If he’s a bad coach, then why should he kill tech and tcu?

If he was a good coach, Texas has the talent to destroy Tech and absolutely beat TCU at home.  

My point is Herman isn't a good coach and thus we continue to underperforme..

5 minutes ago, Mason Ramsey said:

You covered most of it, but I've been seeing a lot of people leave out the 15 yard gaps in the middle of our defense. Duggan's first and last rushing TDs he went untouched through the middle of the defense because not a soul was present in the middle of the field. What the fuck kind of defense just leaves the entire middle of the field wide fucking open??????

The I don't know what the hell I am doing defense.

We had 3 separate opportunities to win/change the course of this game. Not trying to even get a FG before the half, not taking advantage of a momentum and a stop, while up by 3 in the 3rd and the hurry up and fuck up on the 1. Good teams at least try to take advantage of those situations, championship teams do take advantage. We are neither good or championship level. 

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I like this notion that football players are somehow incapable of double tasking and caring about things other than football, as if players at other schools are just robots who never do anything outside of football and that this is somehow unique to football players here.

It’s not that they aren’t capable of both but they are much better at renaming buildings than they are at football apparently.  NTTAWWT but results don’t lie.  It is what it is.  

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, stork642 said:

It’s not that they aren’t capable of both but they are much better at renaming buildings than they are at football apparently.  NTTAWWT but results don’t lie.  It is what it is.  

Sweet Christ. Everyone on this board has brain rot 

Every single school had the same kind of BLM a protests and shit. Some are playing well, some are not. It has nothing to do with BLM shit this summer. Some are poorly coached and some are not 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Our MENSA coach going hurry up with the chance to take the lead from the 1 with 2:45 min left. He acted like we were down 2 scores. We should have taken the play clock to 1 second and ran it. Then kept running until we scored

He should have had Sam go under center and take a fucking knee on first down to run clock, and then run it with Sam 3x if needed. 

People who spend so much time supporting causes have no time to focus on winning don't you see. It's why we yell at Drew Brees and Russell Wilson on monday after they lose because they spent too damn much time focused on their dumb charities.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Every single school had the same kind of BLM a protests and shit. Some are playing well, some are not. It has nothing to do with BLM shit this summer. Some are poorly coached and some are not 

Jesus.  It’s not complicated.  We have “football players” who are really good at social change.  I just wish they were half as good at football.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

TCU had 14 penalties(109) to our 12(92). So it wasn't the refs. 

Its not about the yards itself. its about when in the game they occurred.

We had very long gain plays killed, that absolutely affected the game. That's not to say we didn't smash ourselves in the balls multiple times, but penalty yards don't by themselves tell the story, the context of the game and the play it was called in tells the sickening story.

6 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I can’t believe Alabama only won by 28 over aggy. Def bc of this social justice bullshit wasting their time! 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Jesus.  It’s not complicated.  We have “football players” who are really good at social change.  I just wish they were half as good at football.  

Oh shut the fuck up. This team has looked like an unprepared can of smashed assholes for going on 10 years now. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Wonder where that attitude was with 55 sec left in the first half but he obviously thought that was insignificant.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, El Squared said:

Wonder where that attitude was with 55 sec left in the first half but he obviously thought that was insignificant.

I dunno but he was channeling Mack in Lubbock in 2008. Score too fast and your defense loses the game 

Honestly not sure why we thought this team could run the table and go undefeated. I guess that's why you're just numb to it now Some of the better teams we've had didn't finish the season undefeated. Hell if Vince wasn't a god like he was. We lose to Okie state in 05 and no natty. All falls back on coaching. Mack was a pussy and so is Herman. Losing to Maryland to start off his coaching career at Texas was a sign of things to come. Time to make a deal with the devil and bring in Urban. Win at all costs necessary. 

• Like 1

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Honestly not sure why we thought this team could run the table and go undefeated. I guess that's why you're just numb to it now Some of the better teams we've had didn't finish the season undefeated. Hell if Vince wasn't a god like he was. We lose to Okie state in 05 and no natty. All falls back on coaching. Mack was a pussy and so is Herman. Losing to Maryland to start off his coaching career at Texas was a sign of things to come. Time to make a deal with the devil and bring in Urban. Win at all costs necessary. 

did people really think a herman lead team could go undefeated?

I think you guys are missing stork's point. What he's saying is that four and a half years of sloppy play, mental mistakes, lack of offensive aggression with a lead, stupid penalties, and showing up to games mentally unprepared can be attributed to the BLM thing that happened four months ago.

I don't see how any reasonable fan can disagree imo

Let's sign Mensa Tom to a 10 Year deal that auto-extends by a year any time a player holds an opinion about the world. Otherwise it's not fair to him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1