He's ready to lead Texas

Pancho

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

This will probably be the most hated post ever here, or on TOS, but I think Herman will work out.  I'm as pissed as anyone right now and I can't explain why I think he'll work out, just a deep gut feeling.

Please don't kill my family....or dogs.

Some might call Shooter12, "a cockeyed optimist". 

I don't hate you. I hate what we've been since January 2010. I don't share your optimism because all things were aligning for us this year and Herman shit the bed against a team he knew would be gunning for him. He has a pattern. We'll roll out and beat OU. I think they're bad enough for us to take advantage. But he's going to lose @oSu, @KSU, and maybe against Iowa State. We have fundamental flaws that will take too long to overcome.

13 minutes ago, Tony Two K said:

Your aggy is showing.

So, who is going to replace mensa genius? 

Your desperate name calling isn't really convincing me that the big12 is a legit football conference. Every year they put chokelahoma in the playoff and every year they prove to the country that the big12 is a joke with no defence.

This year will be different, the SEC will get two teams in and the big 12 will get zero.

18 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The only way I might beleive this is if we go 9-1 and backdoor in. 

But I've seen too much over the past 3 years and change to be pretty fucking certain that that won't happen. 

If you want to talk about "gut feelings" we can diacuss why I didn't watch a second of the Baylor game last season. 

12 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

During Meyer's six-year tenure at Florida, some 31 players were arrested, with at least 10 accused of crimes ranging from misdemeanor battery to felony domestic assault to felony theft to domestic battery. 

So where did you come up with 22?

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

During Meyer's six-year tenure at Florida, some 31 players were arrested, with at least 10 accused of crimes ranging from misdemeanor battery to felony domestic assault to felony theft to domestic battery. 

So where did you come up with 22?

That was my fault, I read this too quickly 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/128766-a-full-line-up-22-florida-football-players-arrested-under-the-meyer-regime

"While it is less publicized, Meyer is also looking to take the lead for active coaches in most arrested players under one head coach.

Offensive guard Carl Johnson became the 22nd player arrested since Urban Meyer became coach of the Gators, the fourth in the past 10 months."

2 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

This will probably be the most hated post ever here, or on TOS, but I think Herman will work out.  I'm as pissed as anyone right now and I can't explain why I think he'll work out, just a deep gut feeling.

Please don't kill my family....or dogs.

If he has a mediocre year, at least 6 wins, at least 2 losses, he will have duplicated Royal's first 4 years.  Is there anyone else here who thinks he is going to work out?  Doubledog dare 'ya to speak up and support shooter.

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

If he has a mediocre year, at least 6 wins, at least 2 losses, he will have duplicated Royal's first 4 years.  Is there anyone else here who thinks he is going to work out?  Doubledog dare 'ya to speak up and support shooter.

He's gonna be here for at least 3 more years, probably more. Not saying he's gonna work out or not, probably going to be the same shit every year. Just that he's gonna be here. 

Recruiting is going good and he's got better coordinators to get their system installed. 

Nobody better out there that Texas can get.

He's going to be here for a while. Hope he gets better at yelling at the refs.

3 hours ago, TankedBevo said:

Tell me the murder and rape cases for:

Saban

Mack

Dabo

Malzahn

Cristobal 

Shaw

Leach 

Etc. 

I'm not trying to get into a pissing match with you over coaches, but Urban is on a completely different playing field of nefarious behavior that we shouldn't be even entertaining. 

And yes I'm aware none of these coaches are exactly "clean". Hardly any coaches are. 

Mack covered up some criminal behavior.

1 hour ago, TankedBevo said:

No fuck you for preferring a guy who racked up 22 players with felony arrests during his tenure at UF and also managed to get fired for covering up one of his coaches slapping his wife around. We can win with someone else. 

Can we though? We’re not good at this whole coaching search thing. Let’s just sell our souls to the devil for 6 good years of playoff caliber college football before he bails with some health condition. C’mon man. Let just lean into it. We need to be back on top of college football. I used to agree with you. I really did. But it’s been long enough 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Can we though? We’re not good at this whole coaching search thing. Let’s just sell our souls to the devil for 6 good years of playoff caliber college football before he bails with some health condition. C’mon man. Let just lean into it. We need to be back on top of college football. I used to agree with you. I really did. But it’s been long enough 

What makes you think he would come to Austin?

19 minutes ago, Zeus said:

He's gonna be here for at least 3 more years, probably more. Not saying he's gonna work out or not, probably going to be the same shit every year. Just that he's gonna be here. 

Recruiting is going good and he's got better coordinators to get their system installed. 

LMAO at the recruiting take, Herman’s recruiting has gotten worse every year he has been here and if he trots out a 5-5 6-4 season it’s going to nose dive and you kiss guys like Ewers goodbye unless he runs the table and wins the Big 12 we are fucked on the recruiting front.

2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

What makes you think he would come to Austin?

Hmm. I would say the money, the chance to revive a blue blood program. And not just any blue blood, but one in a shit conference that has a direct path to the college football playoff every year. Oh, and the recruiting advantage he would have over just about every team in the nation if he gets Texas back to being a consistent playoff contender. This job would be a fucking cake walk for him. A lot easier than Ohio state or Florida in my opinion. Especially right now with the current state of the big 12.

• Hook 'Em 2

Meyer is obsessed with football. I want that. 

We may have a talent issue vis-a-vis Alabama... or the Chiefs, but we are far more talented than Tech or TCU. 

Issues are scheme, motivation, focus, execution and most importantly, preparation. In other words, coaching. 

I liked Tom for a long time, but no, this isn’t working. 

Edited by Gucci_Suit
Grammar

8 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Meyer is obsessed with football. I want that. 

We may have a talent issue vis-a-vis Alabama... or the Chiefs, but we are far more talented than Tech or TCU. 

Issues are scheme, motivation, focus, execution and most importantly, preparation. In other words, coaching. 

I liked Tom for a long time, but no, this isn’t working. 

I always thought Tom was obsessed with football.  SOmehow we made him obsessed with being a tool

2 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

Yet your okay with Mack Brown who....

98B4D6EF-7CAF-4C7F-84AE-14E6D9554F7B.jpeg

I totally get your point and don't think there's any issue with how Mack ran the program.  You guys should be proud of that era overall.  But this graphic with all the dudes busted for weed is a joke.  Weed?  Nothingburger. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Sir Ulrich said:

That's assuming he replaces everyone. He's been enamored with Ash all off-season so him and his guys stay. Drayton may stay due to familiarity. CDC probably makes him keep most of the staff with Hand as the outlier. 

If you make a coach keep a certain staff to save money you ain’t about winning. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Look bro, it's like 815 out here and I'm no mathematician.  But, Herman's buyout, plus his assistants and then the cost of hiring Urban and his assistants. 50-60 mil

Tom's cancellation fee is $15M. I'm not so sure the Pope wouldn't keep most of the staff - Ash for sure, Yurcich probably. Errbody but Giles likely, maybe a couple others. Not more than a couple megabucks total. Does MensaTom's contract take a payout if he's still on staff, but not HC?

Fuck it, hire Urban today, title him Assistant AD for Football, make MensaTom report directly to him. Give Urban his office and put Tom in the basement - give him a Burnt Orange stapler. No phone.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

I'd say recruiting is going to take a hit. Kids don't want to play for an average coach when they can win games at fOSU, Bama, LSU, Florida, Georgia, etc. IF we can keep Ewers it'll probably stop the bleeding, but if he decommits it's gonna be looking for diamond in the rough types with the occasional top 100 kids. That's just how it goes. We saw it with Strong, coaches can easily shit talk our inability to win games against inferior opponents, maybe only making the Alamo bowl, not putting kids in the NFL, and the list goes on. 

On 10/3/2020 at 8:50 PM, Dr. Beeper said:

Except USC has us doubled up and LSU has surpassed us. Other than that, yes, there are several programs that are close. 

I agree our baseball history exceeds our football history. We are probably #2 baseball program of all time and inside top 10, but at bottom, for football. But this is a football state and so your point is odd particularly on the football board. 

What is not odd, and what is monumentally stupid, is that you just equated us with the Yankees. Don’t be monumentally stupid. 

We’ve had a horrible 10 year stretch by our standards and we won the conference 3 times since 2010, been to Omaha 3 times, almost a 4th(fuck you, Matt Purke). Christ we finished 3rd overall in 2014 and went to extra innings with the eventual champion. And they beat us on a chickenshit infield single. In our half inning, Hinojosa ripped  one to right and their RF made a nice play. Baseballs like that. Point is, damn near every college baseball program outside of Vandy, South Carolina, Virginia, Oregon state and Florida would’ve taken those results over the last 10 years.  So yeah. As usual, you’re a fucking moron

• Hook 'Em 1