He's ready to lead Texas

Pancho

id take 5 years of Meyer because he'd win like a motehrfucker and leave the cupboard full for the next guy.  we have a talent and speed issue still and have had it since Mack shit the bed.

In the hunt for the last 4 of those 5 years most likely and who cares if the next guy doesn’t win. It’s not like we have a long history of passing the baton from one championship coach to another. He’s clearly THE top available coach. Go get him.

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

People say he’d take the job. We are much less of a clusterfuck now due to CDC and yes Herman. But I don’t really know. I have no inside information on the likelihood of us parting ways with Herman this year, and if Urb would come. And that drives me crazy.  I wish my old sources still were in the know. But they’re totally disinterested in the program due to 11-year apathy. 

Oh, and one guy has died. 

OH, I think he'd say yes, though our OL looks rough next year.

Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

If you’re Sam, and you go say 6-3 this year and make a decent bowl game but no CCG (my prediction), and CDC moves for Urb, and you get a draft grade of 3rd-5th round, do you come back?  I do. And knowing his love for Horns and apparent hate for Herman (according to @thepop), he might. 

At this point I’ve had some beers and getting deep into the red, but I think absent a CCG win, it is crucial we make a move in 2020. Financially, we can and would make the move but CDC has gotta trigger it. 

Sam isn't getting drafted.  I love the guy.  he bleeds burnt orange and it would be awesome if he came back.  he's a very good college QB.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

If you’re Sam, and you go say 6-3 this year and make a decent bowl game but no CCG (my prediction), and CDC moves for Urb, and you get a draft grade of 3rd-5th round, do you come back?  I do. And knowing his love for Horns and apparent hate for Herman (according to @thepop), he might. 

At this point I’ve had some beers and getting deep into the red, but I think absent a CCG win, it is crucial we make a move in 2020. Financially, we can and would make the move but CDC has gotta trigger it. 

I think Sam is ready to move on, imo.  

6 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Urban was certainly complimentary of Texas’s prestige, talent, and upperclassman leaders. I couldn’t tell if he was angling for the job or just trying to make Tom look worse as we continue to lose more games. 

I think urban knows he could cement his legacy as one of the 5 best college coaches ever in this terrible conference with the undeniable recruiting advantage he has over the rest of the conference. I think he knows this is the easiest job in America for someone who actually knows what they’re doing.

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 2

I think urban knows he could cement his legacy as one of the 5 best college coaches ever in this terrible conference and the undeniable recruiting advantage he has over the rest of the conference. I think he knows this is the easiest job in America for someone who actually knows what they’re doing.

giphy.gif

13 hours ago, Jack Wilson said:

I hadn't quite come to grips with the fact that that Rose Bowl was the apex, never to be repeated in my lifetime, but, looking back, it would be foolish to think otherwise

No. That is pessimistic horseshit, your post and his. It is realistic to look at our position in the CFB universe and say that our inclusion among the top tier of programs doesn't make a lot of sense given what we've accomplished (or failed to) over the past 25 or 50 years, to pick a couple of round numbers. It is pessimistic to say "oh welp, I guess it'll never get better, our best days are behind us". That assumes, incorrectly, that nothing can change in our culture to allow us to win the way the programs we're looking up at do. 

If you're a Michigan or Nebraska fan, long-term pessimism is somewhat warranted, in different degrees. If you're a Texas fan, the only way you can be pessimistic long term is to assume that past performance is entirely indicative of future results, or to assume that whatever can go right won't go right because poor poor pitiful us, neither of which is a useful attitude or an accurate reflection of the potential of this program if it's ever unleashed. 

9 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I think urban knows he could cement his legacy as one of the 5 best college coaches ever in this terrible conference with the undeniable recruiting advantage he has over the rest of the conference. I think he knows this is the easiest job in America for someone who actually knows what they’re doing.

He’s probably win conference 80% of the time.  

Back when VY led the Horns to the most amazing season we'd ever seen and the best college QB play probably anyone's ever seen ... I had the feeling that was the best Texas Football I was ever gonna see and it would never be as good again. I hoped I was wrong, but here we are. Mack built it up with recruiting. VY put us over the hump. Mack had a chance for a dynasty, but he blew that opportunity, tore it all down, and took a giant shit all over everything on his excruciatingly slow trip out the door.  FMB.

Vince Youngs - players that can lift a program up in spite of everything that's holding it back - don't come along very often, understating it massively. I wouldn't have said it before, but I'll definitely say it now: Texas needs a proven winner, a big-time, iconic head coach, even with whatever perceived warts some might think he has. And he's out there, just sitting on a TV set every Saturday. We need Urban Meyer. 

Edited by wood

17 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

It’s amazing the Texas fans are down on him more than anyone. You’re just wrong. I’m not saying he’s going to be a starter. But I wouldn’t have said that about Dak either. Am I saying he’s capable enough to be Colt?  Yes. Are his measurables better than Colt’s when he was a 3rd round pick?  Yes. I have no idea what will happen. I do expect he will be a 3rd or 4th rounder and those that laugh at that notion don’t know shit. 

LOL

9 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

You fucks clamoring for Urban Meyer deserve to be kicked right in the dick. Not only no, but fuck no. Wait until someone with some fucking integrity becomes available. 

Lmao, we have no room to talk about integrity.  Herman hires a guy that was a rape apologist in Casey Horney.  We hired a guy that had a known drinking problem and was known for trying to sleep around with co-eds at Iowa state as a married guy and a frequent strip club visitor at Ohio state.  He was BFFs with Zach Smith, that should tell you all you need to know about Herman’s character.   

If there was an issue with Meyers integrity, he wouldn’t be sitting up there as a talking head for Fox.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

I want to win without being linked to rampant cheating, rapists and murderers but that's just me 

Why though? NCAA isn’t important so the “cheating” is irrelevant. Fuck moral high ground bullshit. College football is a business and the business is to win. 

also please cite where urban has cheated? 

the academic side of our university is slowly killing the athletics side due to admissions and etc. we’re at a fucking cross roads where we need to decide if we committed to actually winning or are we just going to bump our gums about the past and the 2005 championship as if that is relevant to the 2020 and beyond season. The Kids in these recruiting classes were about to be recruiting were  either not born or 2-3 years old. They weren’t at an age where that game is meaningful to them. 

hire the best fucking coaches, regardless of bullshit and fucking win. The rest will settle itself out. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, victory88 said:

Lmao, we have no room to talk about integrity.  Herman hires a guy that was a rape apologist in Casey Horney.  We hired a guy that had a known drinking problem and was known for trying to sleep around with co-eds at Iowa state as a married guy and a frequent strip club visitor at Ohio state.  He was BFFs with Zach Smith, that should tell you all you need to know about Herman’s character.   

If there was an issue with Meyers integrity, he wouldn’t be sitting up there as a talking head for Fox.

And we shouldn't have hired any of those fucks. I'm not saying Herman shouldn't be gone, but replacing him with a fuck bag like Meyer isn't the answer. 

5 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

I want to win without being linked to rampant cheating, rapists and murderers but that's just me 

Were you okay with Mack Brown paying players?  Because that shit went on during his time here.  Or the shit he swept under the rug with ole freak nasty on the staff?  

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

Were you okay with Mack Brown paying players?  Because that shit went on during his time here.  Or the shit he swept under the rug with ole freak nasty on the staff?  

It’s funny he thinks we’re not playing the game all schools are. Was he okay with the whole “Book Em Horns” during the 2003-2006 seasons?

Edited by Bevo VIII

Just now, victory88 said:

Paying players is on the low end of the totem pole if it's to help a player out who's family is struggling or whatever. And  nowhere did I mention mack was clean especially with Cleve's creepy horniness and  wandering hands and during his tenure. There's plenty of good coaches who don't harbor and abet murderers and rapists so fuck urban.  

Just now, TankedBevo said:

Paying players is on the low end of the totem pole if it's to help a player out who's family is struggling or whatever. And  nowhere did I mention mack was clean especially with Cleve's creepy horniness and  wandering hands and during his tenure. There's plenty of good coaches who don't harbor and abet murderers and rapists so fuck urban.  

Name them. Name the highly successful ones. Please

6 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

Name them. Name the highly successful ones. Please

Tell me the murder and rape cases for:

Saban

Mack

Dabo

Malzahn

Cristobal 

Shaw

Leach 

Etc. 

I'm not trying to get into a pissing match with you over coaches, but Urban is on a completely different playing field of nefarious behavior that we shouldn't be even entertaining. 

And yes I'm aware none of these coaches are exactly "clean". Hardly any coaches are. 

Edited by TankedBevo

3 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

Tell me the murder and rape cases for:

Saban

Mack

Dabo

Malzahn

Cristobal 

Shaw

Leach 

Etc. 

I'm not trying to get into a pissing match with you over coaches, but Urban is on a completely different playing field of nefarious behavior that we shouldn't be even entertaining. 

And yes I'm aware none of these coaches are exactly "clean". Hardly any coaches are. 

Urban is not on a completely different level.

-  Saban.  Biggest fucking cheater of them all.  He doesn’t need to much anymore now that he’s built a juggernaut.  But they still buy recruits.

-  Dabo.   funnels money time players through their church.  Rampant PED use within the program

-Mack.  Paid players at Texas.  More players arrested at Texas than any other school during early to mid 2000s.  Swept a bunch is sexual harassment by Cleve Bryant under the rug.  OC was sleeping with trainers.  Rampant drug use through out the team.

- Malzhan.  Iolol.  Shopped his high school QB and used it to parlay a college gig.  Paying players is standard at Auburn.  Ole miss and miss st fall within this category as well.

- Cristobal.  Has introduced the SEC cheating ways to the PAC.  He learned everything from Saban.

-Shaw.  He’s not a cheater.  But his shine has worn off.  Stanford sucks again under his watch.

-Leach.  I don’t think he ever cheated at Tech and WSU.  But he’s going to cheat his ass off at MSU.

Meyers time at tOSU was completely different t than his time at UF.  His biggest mistake at tOSU was not firing a WR coach that had marital problems. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2020 at 4:35 PM, mdmost said:

Unless booster want to contribute to a buyout, we're stuck with Herman until 2021. 

This will probably be the most hated post ever here, or on TOS, but I think Herman will work out.  I'm as pissed as anyone right now and I can't explain why I think he'll work out, just a deep gut feeling.

Please don't kill my family....or dogs.

6 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Urban is not on a completely different level.

-  Saban.  Biggest fucking cheater of them all.  He doesn’t need to much anymore now that he’s built a juggernaut.  But they still buy recruits.

-  Dabo.   funnels money time players through their church.  Rampant PED use within the program

-Mack.  Paid players at Texas.  More players arrested at Texas than any other school during early to mid 2000s.  Swept a bunch is sexual harassment by Cleve Bryant under the rug.  OC was sleeping with trainers.  Rampant drug use through out the team.

- Malzhan.  Iolol.  Shopped his high school QB and used it to parlay a college gig.  Paying players is standard at Auburn.  Ole miss and miss st fall within this category as well.

- Cristobal.  Has introduced the SEC cheating ways to the PAC.  He learned everything from Saban.

-Shaw.  He’s not a cheater.  But his shine has worn off.  Stanford sucks again under his watch.

-Leach.  I don’t think he ever cheated at Tech and WSU.  But he’s going to cheat his ass off at MSU.

Meyers time at tOSU was completely different t than his time at UF.  His biggest mistake at tOSU was not firing a WR coach that had marital problems. 

You did nothing to prove my actual point wrong. None of the coaches you rebutted did anything remotely close to what Urban did in his time at UF. And he still got fired from OSU for being a piece of shit. 

I enjoy your posts but you're  being 1. Willfully ignorant 2. Fucking regarded 3. Both, and I don't think you're any of those. 

1 minute ago, TankedBevo said:

You did nothing to prove my actual point wrong. None of the coaches you rebutted did anything remotely close to what Urban did in his time at UF. And he still got fired from OSU for being a piece of shit. 

I enjoy your posts but you're  being 1. Willfully ignorant 2. Fucking regarded 3. Both, and I don't think you're any of those. 

Please list the sanctions he left at Florida or Ohio St. 

sounds like you don’t want to win bud. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

53 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’m not going to kill your family or dogs. It wouldn’t surprise me if we finish 7-2 and win the conference. But Herman will lose a few next year he shouldn’t, as he will every year. I’ve seen enough and he needs to go as soon as feasible. 

Replace him with who? Urban ain't coming to this cesspool, neither will any good coaches. The league is a joke, there is no defense here, it's barely football.

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, TXpride said:

Fuck off with the puritan bullshit.

No fuck you for preferring a guy who racked up 22 players with felony arrests during his tenure at UF and also managed to get fired for covering up one of his coaches slapping his wife around. We can win with someone else. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

This will probably be the most hated post ever here, or on TOS, but I think Herman will work out.  I'm as pissed as anyone right now and I can't explain why I think he'll work out, just a deep gut feeling.

Please don't kill my family....or dogs.

The only way I might beleive this is if we go 9-1 and backdoor in. 

But I've seen too much over the past 3 years and change to be pretty fucking certain that that won't happen. 

If you want to talk about "gut feelings" we can diacuss why I didn't watch a second of the Baylor game last season. 

6 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

No fuck you for preferring a guy who racked up 22 players with felony arrests during his tenure at UF and also managed to get fired for covering up one of his coaches slapping his wife around. We can win with someone else. 

I mean, first of all there's no fucking way that's accurate, second, I don't know what "felony arrest" means.

On 10/3/2020 at 4:37 PM, Augustus said:

Ha.  Not a year or more ago, UT was way too good for that despicable cretin, Urban Meyer, nor would Surly besmirch its character by supporting him as a candidate for UT head coach.

Enough losses puts that holier than thou shit to bed right quick.  

Correct. And then?

Y’all protected Johnny Manziel while he violated NCAA rules and then hired rapist protecting Jimbo Fisher. And it’s gained you nothing. 

1 hour ago, TankedBevo said:

Anyone who gets fired from Ohio St. for being a piece of shit is on a level of piece of shitness all by themselves

• Hook 'Em 1