Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I forgot that Anderson fucked over the Texas staff last winter. Reached out and asked if he could transfer, got confirmation, said he'd be there and then got moneywhipped and guilted by ATM. Texas eventually sorted its needs anyway, but it pissed them off.

Did we get Catalon shortly after that?

18 hours ago, Getafix said:

Cross-posting since you guys asked (posted this on the screenshot thread earlier today).

Snarky Tarp can be pretty good.

(From an Aggie 247 thread on Moose Muhammad's (lack of) playing time.

image.thumb.png.2d18b722e711fd53de08ce05d6a9542e.png

image.thumb.png.3132027aa5ebabc520ce44f935b529af.png

From what I've inferred, Muhammad plays the same position as Ainias Smith so that's why he's not getting many reps. 

This is such an indictment of their coaching staff. I don't care what position Muhammad plays. You find a way to get him on the field. I thought he was their best WR last year. 

• Hook 'Em 7

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

From what I've inferred, Muhammad plays the same position as Ainias Smith so that's why he's not getting many reps. 

This is such an indictment of their coaching staff. I don't care what position Muhammad plays. You find a way to get him on the field. I thought he was their best WR last year. 

Anias Smith getting hurt probably kept both players at aggy another season.

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Anias Smith getting hurt probably kept both players at aggy another season.

Smith also doesn't look like the same player post-injury. Maybe it's the new system? I dunno but 6 catches for 67 yards against that level of competition isn't great. 

But hey, maybe that's who they want on the field over Muhammad. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

Smith also doesn't look like the same player post-injury. Maybe it's the new system? I dunno but 6 catches for 67 yards against that level of competition isn't great. 

But hey, maybe that's who they want on the field over Muhammad. 

I was going to say the same thing, his explosion looks gone.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Muhammad has the fewest targets of all their WRs (who play):

image.thumb.png.35afa2a21c4208a022751d8b5461a6e6.png

Also confirms that Muhammad is backing up Ainias Smith in the slot.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Chef Bezos said:

A transcription of Jimbo's comments about the field being slick:

“Ah, maybe we had the wrong cleats. I don’t know. I mean the middle of the field did slip, but they know they had the same guys we did. I know I notice Conner a couple times actually he was getting ready to throw and his feet went out from under him. And that happen. And what you’ll happen a lot of times, when you play teams that have different logos, in other words I say multiple teams played a sport, they change that logo out. Well, when they do that, they change, that grass has to be interchanged, so that’s usually (snaps finger) done on a very quick, uh, and then plus their stadium… those stadiums that have that half, uh, (builds house with his hands) and don’t get the sunlight and the dry out and you had the rain, and plus uh, and you’ll wet that part to make that grass take, and it makes that slick. And then they’ll paint on the emblem. And when you have to take stadiums, and my history of it, always do that, you’ll have a lot of that some of those issues occasionally in that situation and that seemed to what happened.”

You left off the next question

Reporter: You can't mow your lawn in a hurricane can you coach?

Fisher: I tell you what, man, if I got that pause-trackin' goin' on, a little choke

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The classic Tom Herman approach to receivers. Only the slot receiver is allowed to catch passes, and only one guy per year is allowed to play in the slot. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Chef Bezos said:

“Ah, maybe we had the wrong cleats. I don’t know. I mean the middle of the field did slip, but they know they had the same guys we did. I know I notice Conner a couple times actually he was getting ready to throw and his feet went out from under him. And that happen. And what you’ll happen a lot of times, when you play teams that have different logos, in other words I say multiple teams played a sport, they change that logo out. Well, when they do that, they change, that grass has to be interchanged, so that’s usually (snaps finger) done on a very quick, uh, and then plus their stadium… those stadiums that have that half, uh, (builds house with his hands) and don’t get the sunlight and the dry out and you had the rain, and plus uh, and you’ll wet that part to make that grass take, and it makes that slick. And then they’ll paint on the emblem. And when you have to take stadiums, and my history of it, always do that, you’ll have a lot of that some of those issues occasionally in that situation and that seemed to what happened.”

The best part about this? It took Jimhauer 4.8sec to spit it all out

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

ATM gets ULM this weekend, and I think we all honestly expect a blowout. After that, they face the crucible of Auburn, Arkansas (neutral), Alabama, @Tenn.

I watched Auburn against Cal.  Both are fucking terrible.  Auburn may not win a conference game.  Arkansas looks like they are in the throes of digesting the last vestiges of a failed Sam Pittman experiment and are going nowhere.  A&M will beat one of Alabama or TN and be 5-2.  The SEC is garbage this year.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I watched Auburn against Cal.  Both are fucking terrible.  Auburn may not win a conference game.  Arkansas looks like they are in the throes of digesting the last vestiges of a failed Sam Pittman experiment and are going nowhere.  A&M will beat one of Alabama or TN and be 5-2.  The SEC is garbage this year.  

yeah, but aggy is also terrible. 1-7 against power 5 teams in the last 8 games speaks for itself. 

They've been losing to mediocre and bad P5 teams for quite some time now. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

38 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

god damnit, this is gold

To be clear, I read that somewhere. Maybe on another thread on Surly for all remember. It’s not mine, but it should be ours. 

20 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

They lost to Auburn last year without a coach. Arkansas is a bowl team and all Jefferson has to do this season against ATM is not be a complete fucking idiot. Those aren’t gimmes. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Maybe Fisher hires Mel Tucker as an analyst and he helps Durkin actually put a defense together and they roll through their schedule. If there's one thing we can count on - it's that Fisher will hire the most unsavory guys he can find to build out his staff. Mel Tugger seems like he'd be a good fit as a dumbass with low moral fiber but a background in coaching at P5 programs.

If aggy is smart (they are not) they have already asked someone from the meat judging team to accuse Jizzbo of sexual assault.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Their offensive line is as bad as everyone expected. 

They averaged 3 yards a carry from their RBs and that was against a Miami DL missing 3 starters in the 2nd half. The aggy OL can't block in the run game or pass pro. The only reason this wasn't a 25 point Miami win is because aggy was able to pass the ball in the 2nd half due to less pressure which was simply because Miami's DL was missing 3 starters. 

Fatheree didn’t play, right?

36 minutes ago, Chopper said:

2 minutes of U highlights. Does this look like one of college football's most talented rosters? The last TD (at 1:35) has a DB you'll wonder "who the fuck is that idiot" - it appears to be Jardin Gilbert a 4 star junior from University Lab Baton Rouge.

Guys like Thomas and DeBerry being slow and limited makes sense, it's a freshman and a guy who was fine but not elite at BC, but Gilbert was a deep bluechip. The coaching isn't there.

Then again, so was Tony Grimes, and he's just flat out bad.

Edited by texifornia

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Guys like Thomas and DeBerry being slow and limited makes sense, it's a freshman and a guy who was fine but not elite at BC, but Gilbert was a deep bluechip. The coaching isn't there.

Then again, so was Tony Grimes, and he's just flat out bad.

Anderson was playing like he didn't want to be out there. There are multiple highlights where he is loafing behind the play in pursuit. I think they benched him sometime in the 3rd quarter.

Edited by HtownHorn

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Yes, but I don't know how closely related that is versus the safety and NB they took late as well in the recruiting class.

ATM gets ULM this weekend, and I think we all honestly expect a blowout. After that, they face the crucible of Auburn, Arkansas (neutral), Alabama, @Tenn. I know anything can happen, but I don't think we've seen anything from Fisher, his staff, or his team that speaks to resilience or steely resolve. So maybe they are 6-1 by their bye week. But maybe they're sitting at 4-3 or 3-4 by their bye week. If something like that happens, I expect the wheels to come flying completely off for this season and that recruiting class.

Maybe Fisher hires Mel Tucker as an analyst and he helps Durkin actually put a defense together and they roll through their schedule. If there's one thing we can count on - it's that Fisher will hire the most unsavory guys he can find to build out his staff. Mel Tugger seems like he'd be a good fit as a dumbass with low moral fiber but a background in coaching at P5 programs.

What I wouldn't give to see them AppState aggy.

• Drool 2

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Yes, but I don't know how closely related that is versus the safety and NB they took late as well in the recruiting class.

ATM gets ULM this weekend, and I think we all honestly expect a blowout. After that, they face the crucible of Auburn, Arkansas (neutral), Alabama, @Tenn. I know anything can happen, but I don't think we've seen anything from Fisher, his staff, or his team that speaks to resilience or steely resolve. So maybe they are 6-1 by their bye week. But maybe they're sitting at 4-3 or 3-4 by their bye week. If something like that happens, I expect the wheels to come flying completely off for this season and that recruiting class.

Maybe he hires Mel Tillis instead?

Initial thoughts on watching aggy-Miami:

Owens is fast and good with the ball in his hands. I don't trust him to block anything or get any yards up the middle. That's ok! He's a freshman. Different kind of back than Ced Baxter.

Holy fuck is the aggy OL bad

The unbeveled uniforms are a massive improvement. You're a weird farm school that wears maroon. Be a weird farm school that wears maroon. Mississippi State's "fancy" uniforms look like dogshit every time anyway.

Wow, no one in Miami gave a shit about attending a game against aggy. In a big event-obsessed city, they are not a big event.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 2

Why is Demani Richardson now built like a slow linebacker?

How did they suck away all of Jardin Gilbert's speed and tackling ability?

Josh DeBerry was good at BC! He's already played Miami! What the fuck happened?

I'm picking on the DBs because the DL universally gave Van Dyke a year to throw.

Weigman might die this year

Evan Stewart has no interest in lowering his shoulder at any point

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Why is Demani Richardson now built like a slow linebacker?

How did they suck away all of Jardin Gilbert's speed and tackling ability?

Josh DeBerry was good at BC! He's already played Miami! What the fuck happened?

I'm picking on the DBs because the DL universally gave Van Dyke a year to throw.

Weigman might die this year

Evan Stewart has no interest in lowering his shoulder at any point

Weed. I mean, culture, but mostly the weed. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Muhammad has the fewest targets of all their WRs (who play):

image.thumb.png.35afa2a21c4208a022751d8b5461a6e6.png

Also confirms that Muhammad is backing up Ainias Smith in the slot.

amazing.

we heard all offseason how good Noah Thomas was and they have only given him ~5 targets per game? Muhammad was awesome last year and he now has fewer targets than JAHADE WALKER?!

9 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Nope Crownover came in after Bison tits got hurt.

just your reminder that they took Ernest Crownover, his brother who went to Kilgore JC, and took ONE VISIT total which was to A&M, to get Dametrious Crownover the TE (who ended up as the #64 player in composite in Texas) and then converted the better brother over to OL where he started against SHSU last year and didn't even play in every game.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

7 hours ago, texifornia said:

Initial thoughts on watching aggy-Miami:

Owens is fast and good with the ball in his hands. I don't trust him to block anything or get any yards up the middle. That's ok! He's a freshman. Different kind of back than Ced Baxter.

Holy fuck is the aggy OL bad

The unbeveled uniforms are a massive improvement. You're a weird farm school that wears maroon. Be a weird farm school that wears maroon. Mississippi State's "fancy" uniforms look like dogshit every time anyway.

Wow, no one in Miami gave a shit about attending a game against aggy. In a big event-obsessed city, they are not a big event.

Initial thoughts on @texifornia’s initial thoughts: 

2 of his first 4 thoughts on the football game being about the font on the jerseys and fan attendance is extremely on brand. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

He might be a little late getting Mel Tellis to help. Dude’s been filming Whataburger commercials in the afterlife for years now. 

Nope that was an impersonator. He was here watching the game Saturday, or it might have been my drunk neighbor,  I'll have to double check.

23 hours ago, Chef Bezos said:

Holy shit. It's like Bobby Boucher on 10x speed