Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

16 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Here's the thing - or one of the things - that set them off. 

Tweet/pic, and a few thoughtful reactions from Aggie 247.

image.thumb.png.938f3953a2ac97ed31798dd79b9b21d7.png

image.thumb.png.dd7b8f80abaa36efa238b6891ad8525c.png

image.thumb.png.af73279de7595ee37c0eb084a79e2a6d.png

image.thumb.png.c17db31079036f187207f7d5e0d4b700.png

image.thumb.png.4039d8ebdebf626b3e9b2b0f2767e649.png

image.thumb.png.28d5a182930b6c4484caed2c7f5ac8c2.png

Can someone explain why a Syracuse coach coaching aggy for a bowl game in Houston is in NOLA at the Texas/Wash bowl?

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

It is amazing that his last login to this site is 9/9, or the same might Miami defeated the fighting Jimbos and we did the impossible in Tuscaloosa.

He went into hiding faster than @NowThis after that.

Bruh Man is in the witless protection program.

Edited by cafe society
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Frankly, it's refreshing to be reminded that this isn't the fucking NFL. Some players choose places based on feeling. Some will stay for the same reason. Sark (surely others as well) is not neglecting the things that drew players in the past. 

I'm an idiot about NIL. I don't think the way it was launched was well-conceived if it was even considered with any depth at all. I am optimistic that the unbelievable flood of portal athletes will invite market forces to drive down the monetary incentives causing so many players to jump. They're not all going to get the big money that a QB or elite position player will get.

The Aggies, who understand neither NIL nor what "hitting the portal hard" means, are about to be taught (their decision-makers, all Ags, surely will not actually learn) and serve as an example of the value of keeping both an attractive culture and a well-managed war chest. They went all in on paying players (Aggies: we lead everybody in clever use of NIL. Fisher: we didn't pay anyone NIL). Their locker room became a vat of toxic waste the likes of which have not been seen since Robocop. 

There is not enough money to pay huge NIL to everybody on the team. @closetojumping has documented the money difficulties that even a program with foresight brains are facing. Their brilliant Plan 2024 pivots on keeping the talent together. They're evidently not enviably rich enough to pony up on the NIL side. They clearly don't have much going on to keep players there otherwise. Why would anybody stay?

I'm guessing Anderson likes his situation and world there. It won't hurt his NFL chances. He won't have to spend his last year in college in a strange place. He could change his mind, but I like that just maybe an elite player feels like he belongs to the school.

Having the gravitational pull of a player thinking, "I like it here," is important for team cohesion. It's also good business because you likely won't have to pay as much to keep players on campus.

This did not start off as such a long post. Certificates will be presented to anyone who completes the narrative and passes the knowledge assessment.

Solid post. I’d agree Anderson is 1 year away from the NFL. He’s comfortable at aggy. He’s certainly being compensated well by aggy. Plus he’s a star player that the new HC desperately needs to hold on to, so he has carte blanche to skip as many practices and workouts as he wants. 

It’d be a different story at Bama or Texas. 

13 hours ago, Vermin said:

13 hours ago, Pimphand said:

The turd is not going to polish itself

The look of a man who two years in a row thought it was going to be a natty run.

image.png.374391a29e8644a601111baefe5de7a9.png

Now contemplating the hemorraghing vessel A&M football has become and the competence of their new coach from Duke.

"You just don't know Mike Elko." 

That's kind of the problem, William. The Elk does not emanate the electrity one would hope for to rejuvenate the crew and right the ship. "I kinda think I know why we're slowing and taking on water." Yep, he was your first choice.

No DC yet? "Mike Elko is deciding who his first four choices will be." Key data point? Who hasn't said no already.

Next will come lowering expectations. "I think finishing 8-4 will show the kind of improvement we're hoping for. The Elk has this heading in the right direction." Never mind the soft schedule next year.

Recruiting? "The important thing is to get the guys you want, and that's what the Elk is doing. He doesn't pay attention to star rating; he's looking for real players. Watch. The. Tape.

Record? The inevitable, "we lost 3 of those games by a total of 13 points."

That is the face of, "what happened?"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Prepare your anus 1

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Jason Howell (Texags) making it sound like Bussey ending up at aggy is far from a guarantee. 

His high school team is still playing, they’re in the state championship next week. So I imagine that’s where his focus is.

Makes sense to not expect any final decision from him until after the games are over.

11 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

His high school team is still playing, they’re in the state championship next week. So I imagine that’s where his focus is.

Makes sense to not expect any final decision from him until after the games are over.

Signing day is in 11 days.

22 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

The look of a man who two years in a row thought it was going to be a natty run.

image.png.374391a29e8644a601111baefe5de7a9.png

Now contemplating the hemorraghing vessel A&M football has become and the competence of their new coach from Duke.

"You just don't know Mike Elko." 

That's kind of the problem, William. The Elk does not emanate the electrity one would hope for to rejuvenate the crew and right the ship. "I kinda think I know why we're slowing and taking on water." Yep, he was your first choice.

No DC yet? "Mike Elko is deciding who his first four choices will be." Key data point? Who hasn't said no already.

Next will come lowering expectations. "I think finishing 8-4 will show the kind of improvement we're hoping for. The Elk has this heading in the right direction." Never mind the soft schedule next year.

Recruiting? "The important thing is to get the guys you want, and that's what the Elk is doing. He doesn't pay attention to star rating; he's looking for real players. Watch. The. Tape.

Record? The inevitable, "we lost 3 of those games by a total of 13 points."

That is the face of, "what happened?"

Pretty sure the movie “Dumb and Dumber” was metaphorical for Texas A&M. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, texifornia said:

20231209_121917.jpg

20231209_121919.jpg

Sooooo hutzler and lebby leaving bama and ou respectively are damaging to those programs’ chances because of bussey’s relationship with them. Buuuuut the fact that they are both now at msu in no way affects that program’s chances with him, at least not worth mentioning.  Even though it’s all about relationships. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Sooooo hutzler and lebby leaving bama and ou respectively are damaging to those programs’ chances because of bussey’s relationship with them. Buuuuut the fact that they are both now at msu in no way affects that program’s chances with him, at least not worth mentioning.  Even though it’s all about relationships. 

I was just about to post the exact same thought. So, according to Tarp, his primary recruiter at different schools are now at the same school, but LSU is the primary competition? I think he's not quite seeing what's in front of him here. 

10 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Miss Teen USA South Carolina 2007 with Subtitles on Make a GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Did Howell actually write "he has a high level of comfortability at A&M"? Who the fuck talks/writes like that? Are TexAgs subscribers paying by the syllable or something?

"Comfortability" is the new "focusness." Although Bill probably thinks that's a stretch. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Best served cold said:

I was just about to post the exact same thought. So, according to Tarp, his primary recruiter at different schools are now at the same school, but LSU is the primary competition? I think he's not quite seeing what's in front of him here. 

Or he’s only willing to put the good news portion out there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Here's the thing - or one of the things - that set them off. 

Tweet/pic, and a few thoughtful reactions from Aggie 247.

image.thumb.png.938f3953a2ac97ed31798dd79b9b21d7.png

image.thumb.png.dd7b8f80abaa36efa238b6891ad8525c.png

image.thumb.png.af73279de7595ee37c0eb084a79e2a6d.png

image.thumb.png.c17db31079036f187207f7d5e0d4b700.png

image.thumb.png.4039d8ebdebf626b3e9b2b0f2767e649.png

image.thumb.png.28d5a182930b6c4484caed2c7f5ac8c2.png

Hey McKinley, make sure you come play for a&m *points to vest*. Mom, all the things you loved about the school *points to chest* are still the same.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Room Waiting GIF by Kinda Funny

image.thumb.png.c37acfd283c8f5d09a0be2d799c4eb8c.png

image.thumb.png.69f11aaf25741abd97d58a5173f99379.png

And this made me laugh

image.thumb.png.5cb74bd629117a1aab2f8d67905ec01b.png

From a Duke friend:

I love that Elko basically sabotaged himself when he took that job. Players were yelling at him and throwing stuff at the screen during the zoom call. His S&C guy told him to GFY all because he couldn't just tell them to their face. He's a good coach so they'll be fine ultimately but I am looking forward to the schadenfreude of their failures 

• Haha 5

They would have been orders of magnitude better off keeping cuckbo around for Little Brother Bowl and coming to terms with Elko earlier this month to be named as his replacement the day after the firing was announced.

Then they wouldn't have had the Mike Stoops fiasco or the circle of aggy bowl conflict of interest cesspool of cucks.

Thank god we let Herman curb stomp Colorado in the Alamo Bowl and saved all the disgrace and shame aggy is bringing on themselves

• Hook 'Em 1